View 160,785 Reviews on 3,688 Auto Transport Companies.
Facebook Twitter Google+

Reviews:

Reviews from All Customers.

Reviews from Customers who would use the company again.

Reviews from Customers who would NOT use the company again.

Newest Reviews

Please make selections above and click "Run Report" Run Report
Previous 1 2 3 Next
Page 1 of 4
Reviews 1-25 of 83
Was told originally $1295 and 1 to 5 day wait for pickup. Turned into week and a half when I called them to see what was going on cause I had people waiting at vechicle then had to wait for them to call me back and was told $1895 to get transport and no time to really consider cause they needed to know as transport was on way. The extra cost of time and $600 can't be overlooked as I transport vechicles across country on a semi-regular basis and need communication and reliably, a company that knows it's buisness....[More]
By jeff on AmeriFreight Car Shipping about 5 Hours Ago
We agreed to pay an additional $300 to shorten the time frame of pick up from 15 days to 5 days since we would be dependent on this vehicle upon arrival at our destination. Time was critical on this move and Ali, the representative, assumed that the vehicle would be picked up and delivered on time. As the days continued to pass the 5 day mark, I called Ali and asked what the problem was. She stated the destinations we not close enough to big city terminals. I informed her that I could drop the vehicle off in Savannah and be willing to travel to Seattle for pick up. Several days later, I had to leave the area and report to Seattle with leaving a friend responsible for the release of the vehicle to the driver. The actual pick up of the vehicle was 12 days after the first available pick up day. The delivery was a week late and we had to rent a vehicle during that time. The driver was not reachable until a day before drop off, when he called to find a place to meet. Besides being dirty, the vehicle was undamaged. I called Ali and then a manager to ask for a portion of the $300 difference for the late pick up and assist with the cost of the rental. $300 happened to also be the amount of the fee that AmeriFreight charges for advertising the offer to drivers. They refused! I would recommend going directly through an actually car transport company and forget the middle man like AmeriFreight that are not capable of keeping their promises....[More]
By Dave on AmeriFreight Car Shipping about 19 Hours Ago
Well as the subject suggests, I had a great experience as long as communication part is considered. I had agreed to pay the premium price just to make sure the pickup is prompt, and they told me the average time for my price range(premium) is about 5 days but they could,not find any carrier till 12th day and then came back with an offer that was $300 more on top of the premium price quoted to me. As I was already renting a car for my use so I had no other option but to bear all that expense. But now I think the price I paid is more than the highest quote I got initially from bunch of companies. So could have saved at least a week of waiting by going with those companies. So in the end I am again taking stars off because the price I paid in the end should have got the SUV picked up in 3 days but instead I had to wait for 12 days. Ali gave me three options - $1250 for ~ 12 day pickup - $1550 for ~ 5 day pickup - $1850 for ~ 3 day pickup So looks like I paid price for 3 day option and got service of 1250 option :( I am still going to retain 2 stars, One for Ali's good communication and 1 for finding a good carrier as the car arrived in good shape....[More]
By Ronnie on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Apr 14 2015 9:25PM
Response from AmeriFreight Car Shipping
AmeriFreight on Apr 15 2015 3:27PM
It is always our goal to provide each customer with a speedy vehicle shipment at a discounted rate. However, it is impossible to make guarantees due t...[More]
AmeriFreight set up the transport of our Miata MX5 with American Star Transportation. The car was delivered 7 days after the estimated delivery time. Upon arrival the driver failed to put the car in reverse (stick shift) and drove into the car in front, damaging the front cowling. My daughter was receiving the car and they said if we didn't accept a reduction in the transportation cost to cover repairs or they would reload the car and take it back to Philadelphia and that they had no idea when we might get the car back. This was stated as a threat (take it or leave it) and since we needed the car, we really had no option so we advised our daughter to sign off on the bill of lading with a $300 reduction for a repair that will probably a lot more. After we arrived the next day and cleaned and inspected the car further we found numerous scratches and rub marks where they installed hold down straps over the car. They apparently left the windows down, the inside mats were wet and muddy with water puddled on plastic we left on the passenger seat. The front spoiler was also damaged. ...[More]
By REUBEN BOYER on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Apr 8 2015 3:47PM
Response from AmeriFreight Car Shipping
AmeriFreight on Apr 9 2015 3:24AM
AmeriFreight can understand the frustration of our customer because of the unacceptable service from the carrier that shipped their vehicle. It is dis...[More]
Amerifreight is a company who will strive to get 5star ratings. But it deserves none. You will be lucky if your car gets delivered in good condition and in that case they will take all the positive credits. However if the car gets damaged, expect least help from them. I transported my car from Minneapolis to Phoenix through Amerifreight in Feb 2015. I also purchased total protection plan through Josh Contreas of Amerifreight by paying additional premium so that it will cover the damages to my car during transportation. My car was delivered to me with damages on the rear which I even noted in the delivery bill of lading. I got 2 quotes from collision shops and gave it to Josh. However the whole team is least willing to help me get the amount of my claim. They will talk all good before the move but will retract from their words as soon as you pay them the money. STAY AWAY from this company....[More]
By Amit on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Mar 11 2015 5:20PM
Response from AmeriFreight Car Shipping
AmeriFreight on Mar 11 2015 8:11PM
We apologize for any frustrations this shipment has caused the customer. Our customer service agent assisted the customer in filing a claim with his g...[More]
I recently had to move for a new job I landed in California, 2600 miles from home in Pittsburgh. Unfortunately, since this is my first time moving out of state, I wasn't experienced in how car transportation worked. It turned out I needed to be able to start my new job in about 3 weeks. After researching and researching, random phone calls and emails from MULTIPLE different companies, for a full week, I researched AmeriFreight and saw the great reviews. I decided to go through them, based on the reviews alone. And because I was on a time crunch, I really needed to go with someone. I got a quote for ~$980. Of course, the final number did not end up to be in that amount. I contacted AmeriFreight. Unfortunately, Graham was out, but I got a friendly person on the phone (cannot remember his name, but he was great!). He explained to me that for about $1200, he couldn't *guarantee* a delivery date 2 weeks out but that it was a probability. He explained that for my quote, he would try to get my car out near the date (2 weeks away) anyhow, and that he had noted that my pick-up date would be the upcoming Thursday, and that they would be in touch. I decided to wait to hear from them. I waited for a few days with no response from AmeriFreight. I called a couple times, spoke with Graham, who explained to me that they're still looking for someone to take my car. By Wednesday, I got nervous - I still hadn't heard anything about anyone picking up my car, despite being told that my pickup date would be Thursday. I called Graham again, and told him that I'd be ok with paying more to get my car out as long as I get some sort of guarantee that my car will get to California by the time I get out there. I told him I initially was told it would be ~$1200. Graham gave me a quote of $1400. With that price, I wanted some sort of "guarantee" that they could get my car out by the date I arrived. Sadly, he could not guarantee anything. He was a little pushy, mentioning that he had already talked down the price with the carrier, and that he couldn't get it any lower. Had I known that they wouldn't get back to me that entire week, I would have gladly paid the $1200 as originally mentioned by the first person I spoke with at AmeriFreight. And, actually, with that price of $1200, I could have *easily* chosen someone else. Bottom line is - do your research as early as you can! My friends/family who have shipped their cars out multiple times in the past were shocked at the amount that AmeriFreight charged me to get my car out to CA. Ultimately, I feel ripped off. On the positive note, my car DID arrive on the date I suggested (although it was technically the next day because it was at midnight, but.. whatever). The carrier was great - there were a few hiccups (they called me telling me that they lost my key, and that they purchased it out of their expense and would reprogram it for me. Called me again because they realized that the key would need reprogrammed with the car, and would need the vehicle in Cleveland. Obviously my car is being shipped to CA... so how would I be able to do that? THEN I got one last phone call explaining that it wasn't my key afterall - they had lost someone else's key.) Car was clean when it was picked up and completely dirty upon arrival, but that's to be expected! ...[More]
By Kelli on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Mar 4 2015 5:24PM
The car took a full 27 days to get a bid and get here to Texas from California. The first transporter couldn't start the car nor could he jump start it, even though it had a new battery. Then he slammed the hood shut and damaged the hood latch, left the keys in the ignition, left the window down so it got rained in. Left the car in a public place. The owner couldn't be present at the time of pick-up but made arrangements with the transporter. Finally, after complaining they found another transporter that cost $200 more. AmeriFreight said "sorry". No discount, no nothing. Of course they charged my CC ASAP....[More]
By mitch roberts on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Feb 20 2015 4:36AM
When I contacted Ameri Freight about bringing my car from California to Tennessee I spent a lot of time explaining to the Ameri Freight representative, Lecia, the exact circumstances surrounding this car. I told her it must be in an enclosed carrier and that it was a very expensive show car. She told me she would put it on the board for the price we agreed on which was not cheap to say the least. She called me back and said they had a carrier that would do an excellent job and had a 100 out of 100 rating. Maybe it is my fault for making the assumption that she knew this delivery company and had first hand experience with them. I feel certain that she had no knowledge at all about the company or the driver that delivered my car. If she did and these people have a 100 out of 100 rating then the car delivery business is in a pretty sad state. I have listed below all of my complaints. I was led to believe that when the car was picked up I would be notified by the driver. I never heard anything from the driver. The seller in California did call me saying the car had been picked up and even sent me pictures showing it being loaded. I wasn't in a big hurry for the car to arrive so I didn't worry when I still had not heard anything five days later. I had the drivers phone number from where he called me before he ever picked the car up saying he couldn't get hold of the person in California to arrange the pick up. It was because he was calling the wrong phone number. I don't know how this happened because the phone number written on the e-mailed copied I received from Ameri Freight was correct. Any way I decided to shoot the driver a text on the evening of day six which was a Friday. He said he was in Memphis Tennessee and it looked like it would be Monday or Tuesday for the delivery. I told him that would be fine and to just let me know for sure when he knew for sure. When I had not heard any thing back from him late on Tuesday I sent a text asking if he had any updates on the delivery time. His response was "In Memphis now will plan on seeing you either late Wednesday or early Thursday". I don't know what happened to the delivery on Monday or Tuesday or even ask him why he was still in Memphis several days after he said he was leaving Memphis. I wasn't in a hurry so I still wasn't worried about anything. The text I got was on Wednesday at 7:17 p.m. said was "See you tomorrow at 1 is that ok". My exact response was "Yes, I will have to leave work to meet you so as you get closer let me know. I will plan to meet you at 1:00 unless I hear any different". His response was "No problem everybody loves the car by the way. This comment sent a red flag to me. I wondered who was "everybody" and how could they see a car in an enclosed trailer. I sent back this question. Has the car been on the truck the entire time or have you had to load and unload it as you made your way across the country. His response "Hasn't moved since California". The next time I heard from the driver was at 12:07 p.m. on Thursday and he was confirming the address he was suppossed to drop the car off at. I confirmed that the address was correct and since it was 45 minutes before we were supposed to meet I assumed that by him asking this he was close. His reply text was "passing Lebanon Tennessee now so 2.5 hours away. I replied with "I thought we were meeting at 1:00" His reply was "Yes sir moving as fast as we can". This is fine but I wonder when he was going to let me know that the time had been changed from 1:00 to 3:30. The answer is that he wasn't going to. I would have left work and went to the meeting place only to find out then that he was going to be 2 1/2 hours late. The next text I got was at 2:34 saying he was in a traffic jam and would be later than previously stated. The next time I heard from him was at 3:40 and his question was "If you don't mind me asking how much did this car cost?" I asked why and he said "I figured it was very expensive build probably one of the sharpest restorations I have seen in all my years of moving these cars" I told him that yes it was a very high quality build. He said I was very impressed with the quality of the finish. Remember this comment for later when I tell you how he handled this quality of finish that he was so impressed with. He finally got close to the meeting place and sent me a text that said "It's a red and black Peterbilt". Now I was really concerned because the carrier it left California was a white trailer. I didn't say anything I just figured I would find out was was up when we met for the drop off. He gets to the drop off and this guy can't speak one word of English. Through his hand gestures and pointing I finally figured out that he didn't want to drop the car off here but wanted to go to the Home Depot parking lot about a mile down the street. I tried to talk to him but it was a waste of my time so I just got in my car and drove to the Home Depot. Please understand that I have no idea why he didn't want to drop the car off at my storage facility. This place has trailers with cars coming and going everyday so it has plenty of room. As if all this hadn't been enough it was at this time I realized the car wasn't enclosed. It was in a trailer that had canvas sides and a top with no back on it and my car had the last five feet hanging out the back of it. I was pissed off at a level that I have never known before and the only guy I have to ask questions doesn't speak the language of this country. The car was on an entirely different trailer than what it left California in and I knew at this point I had been lied to about every detail of this trip from the time it began. The finish that he thought was so great didn't keep him from sliding his rivet laced blue jeans all up and down the drivers side door and quarter panel as he climbed into the car to drive it off the trailer. The piece of crap wrecked car, that appeared to have been a totaled car, he was hauling on the rack above my car had leaked oil onto the roof and my car had what appeared to be bird shit all over it. On top of all this the key had been left on and both batteries were drained which caused plenty of havoc on the computer and air ride system. I don't really know how much of this fiasco is to be blamed on Ameri Freight and the company that actually did the delivering but I feel like they are both equally to be blamed. I will never use either company again for anything. By the way the name of the actual company that did the delivery was Gorban Transportation out of Chesterfield MO....[More]
By Steve on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Feb 16 2015 8:40PM
We were quoted a price of $1,050 and lead to believe that we would have our car picked up by th 18th. We were leaving on vacation so the dates were important. On the 18th we still did not have a carrier, we up the price by $200 with still no luck. Finally on the 24th we were offered a contract for $1,500. The car was picked up on New Years eve at 7:30 PM with several additional days of delay and lots of heart burn on our side finding someone to organize the pick up for us as we had left on vacation. Once the car was picked up the rest went smooth, the car was delivered on the day, however it was delivered at 10:30 at night. The car was delivered without any damage or issues. Josh from AmeriFreight is not the easiest person to get in touch with, although he did return phone calls after a time, he would not respond to emails...[More]
By MIke on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Jan 9 2015 7:59AM
Car was picked up on time from Portland, Oregon and was delivered in Florida on time slightly ahead of the schedule. The total price for transportation including commission is $2200.00. This slightly higher tan anticipated. Both the Amerifreight contact person and car transportation company were helpful and made the transfer seamless. The car was free from and visible damage. Overall experience is positive. ...[More]
By Drew on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Dec 19 2014 10:20AM
Overall, our agent was kind and worked with us but a couple comments that really rubbed me the wrong way: 1. Communication was extremely poor. When trying to communicate with the agent, we would receive calls in the middle of the workday which of course are difficult to jump out of meetings for. When we would return the call, the agent would NEVER pick up the phone and we'd have to leave a message. Was a constant phone tag battle. 2. Price - we were quoted at $900 to get the car from Massachusetts to California and ended up paying $1,300 which is an almost 50% increase in price. It's almost laughable how unprofessional this is. Maybe i misunderstood this process but typically in a business transaction, an initial quote is within a small range of what the final price is. If the agent is experienced enough to know that a $900 price is way to unreasonable, then say it from the beginning. We were baited into contracting with this agent and were locked in for $250 fee that we would lose. 3. Lack of effort - after we were initally asked to take prices around $1,450 which we refused, the communication stopped. It wasn't until we re-connected with the agent regarding the status of our order did he find us a carrier. AND to top it off, we all of a suddent received an email saying that our order had been processed. It just seemed like we weren't the agent's number 1 priority through the whole process. Lastly, the carrier they put us in contact with received awful reviews. CAA transport. But the service we received was fine. My car was dirty but one $10 car wash and it was as good as new. The driver of the truck didn't speak very good english but he was nice overall. This was my first time ever shipping a car but i think i would try an alternative method before using Amerifreight again. ...[More]
By Pete on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Dec 8 2014 12:24PM
The process for myself was a bit muddled. This was the first time I had my vehicles transported, so i had many questions. First off, you get a quote for your vehicles that will cover the cost of the transportation. You supply a window of when you would like your vehicles picked up and wait for the company to place your vehicles. This process will take a bit because availability of transports come available as you get closer to your date(s). What is not told to you is that you may have to pay more then the cost you were quoted. Why? To get a carrrier to take your vehicles at the posted rate. If the rate is too low, a carrier will not take them. The rate is then increased until it is accepted by a carrier. I ended up having to pay an additional $250 per vehicle for a total of $500. This was a shock to me because I didn't read everything. Read everything. I paid $1600 cash (carrier only takes cash/cashiers check) and $500 to Amerifreight for placing my vehicles. Positive note: The vehicles were delivered free of damage and that was the most important thing. A bit dirty but free of damage. Summary: read read read, read everything. ...[More]
By BMF on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Dec 8 2014 12:18PM
I DID NOT EXPECT TO PAY THAT MUCH.I DID NOT HAVE THAT MUCH TIME FRAME .I ALSO HAD A HARD TIME UNDERSTANDING THE TRUKING COMPANY. ...[More]
By paul pellerin on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Nov 24 2014 3:24PM
I am just an individual trying to get a car to a family member whose car was disabled. So I shipped a car out to Kansas and had the disabled car shipped back to me. It was one order yet I got charged for two cars. Since it was two cars Amerifreight charged me a broker fee for each car. Like I said I am an individual, not a car dealer. I was surprised that I got charged double of the broker fee. Yes, they did give me a discount on the second car but the broker fee from Amerifreight was only $35 less than the shipping of one car....[More]
By Carol on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Nov 23 2014 7:48PM
I wrote an honest and straightforward review two days ago of my shipping experience highlighting my frustration with the delivery practices of the carrier and PRIMARILY my dissatisfaction with the customer service I received from LECIA at AMERIFREIGHT when I called to voice my concerns about the drop-off and was treated rudely by her. No customer service rep should EVER dismiss a customer's concerns as insignificant and then HANG UP IN THEIR FACE. Well, to my surprise, I checked the site again yesterday only to find that my negative review had been DELETED! Very classy AmeriFreight. I guess that's one way to ensure that you continue to get great ratings. Delete all of the negative posts that you want, but I will not stop until a proper apology is given in regards to your terrible customer service and telephone practices. You can try to deflect the blame onto the carrier and insinuate that I was upset with them (which I haven't mentioned by name because they are not the problem), but as you can CLEARLY see, my frustration is with your company and your rep, Lecia. Do the right thing, be the professionals that you claim to be, and apologize for your terrible customer service. AND STOP DELETING REVIEWS! C'mon now....[More]
By Burt on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Nov 22 2014 9:52AM
In spite of agreeing to go for a higher cost shipping option, they asked me to hold on to the lower options, probably because they would need to pay me if the truckers were not available. They finally ditched me at the last moment and I was left high and dry and had to scramble to find another mover. I dealt with both Ali Miller and Brett and for all emails and calls the only response received was, you will get calls from our trucks closer to your availability date...[More]
By Aparajith Soundararajan on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Nov 7 2014 1:19PM
TES Transportation and Amerifreight are garbage. DO NOT USE. TES cannot even be found on the BBB site. The driver side rear quarter panel was scraped and dented. The driver side door had many new dings to the door panel, and the edge of the door had many new chips on it. The driver must have dinged this door on at least three different occasions from the looks of it. The damage that was done seems deliberate, not accidental. As I had many constraints that I was dealing with, I could not afford to get the two estimates. I was totally reliant on TES to deliver the vehicle in exactly the condition that I left it with them. Both Amerifreight and TES will give you a good story about how they transport Lamborghinis, Ferraris, and Maseratis, but it is all lies. If you need to transport an old beater of a vehicle, about 10 years old or older, with about 120,000 miles on it, and it has chips and dents and a broken windshield, then by all means use Amerifreight and TES Transportation. ...[More]
By Tony Accardo on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Nov 2 2014 9:04PM
Response from AmeriFreight Car Shipping
AmeriFreight on Nov 4 2014 8:55AM
It is regrettable that our customer had a bad experience with the carrier we assigned to ship his vehicle. AmeriFreight only selects carriers who have...[More]
Lecia at Amerifreight assured us that their drivers have ratings of 95 or above. Who creates those ratings? Do they refer to the driver or the car carrier? We have experience with other companies transporting our cars. Those car carriers were solid and newer. They are similar to the types of carriers that car dealers use to transport new vehicles. With the assigned carrier out of Pennsylvania, the car carrier was from 2006 (8 years old) and extremely rusty with mismatched tires and inferior straps to hold down the car. We were reluctant to release our car to this appalling vehicle though the driver of the rusty carrier seemed alert and competent. The pick-up was delayed because this old rusty carrier was being welded back together at the shop. It is shocking that the carrier was able to drive across the country at all. The positive points were that Lecia and the driver responded to my calls and questions about the process. The driver phoned me when the car arrived in Los Angeles which I appreciated. It was a scary experience and we are so relieved that our car finally arrived at its destination (with a higher cost than the original quote) and in one piece after an 11 day journey....[More]
By Lawson on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Oct 22 2014 9:01PM
Upon calling this company I went with them because they gave me the lowest quote to begin with, then when you confirm you want to use their services they ask if they can bump your quote to $200 more I agreed well I was originally quoted $1145 I figured $200 more isn't bad well it ended comin out to $1645 and then with a $250 charge that they require themselves which I asked if there was a fee that they charged and he said no, so that took me by suprise but at this point I had no choice. I constantly had to call or email to get updates never once did they call me until they found a carrier. So was disappointed, but they did find a carrier and the man who did pick my vehicle was very nice and he delivered in great time. I don't think I will ever use amerifreight just wish they would have updated me a little more and would have told me there is a $250 fee on top of the carrier charge ...[More]
By Ernesto on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Oct 20 2014 2:55AM
I recommend avoiding this company. This negative review is because of Graham Turner, not Ali Miller. I contracted Amerifreight to ship a car from WA to SC. Amerifreight subsequently hired AAA Family Trucking as the actual carrier. AAA Family Trucking agreed to deliver the vehicle on a specific date after signing the job with Amerifreight. The vehicle was delivered a day early, however. As a result, the vehicle had to be stored at a location approximately 10 min away from the delivery location. Before I would transfer money to the carrier to retrieve my vehicle, I needed to inspect it. The trip to the storage location, the trip to the bank to deposit money to the carrier, and the second trip to retrieve my vehicle took a considerable amount of my time. AAA Family Trucking agreed to reduce the fee by $20 for my gas and time. I felt this was considerably insufficient, given the time required and the fact that the contract clearly stated the required delivery date. Ali Miller was my direct contact at Amerifreight. She provided excellent customer support and was honest about her company's mistake. She did all she could do to fix the problem. The review is not a negative reflection for her. This review is negative because of her supervisor, Graham Turner. His business and customer service skills were the worst I have seen in recent memory. Specifically, he did nothing to attempt to fix the problem. He hid behind the excuse that the specific contract between Amerifreight and AAA Family Trucking did not hold either party responsible if the agreed upon delivery date was not adhered to. This contract is not readily apparent to the customer when the order is made. Mr. Turner could have assuaged my concerns with a simple monetary compensation for my time and effort. Instead, he did nothing and blamed the carrier. He has subsequently made an angry customer, who is now leaving a poor review, potentially preventing future business. Apparently the mantra of the customer always being right doesn't apply to his business. The order number was 940058632-SU....[More]
By Duncan F on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Oct 18 2014 5:36PM
Just find yourself a Reliable Carrier. There's no need to go with a Broker. After you pay your deposit and your shipment is handed off to a Carrier, there's no longer anything the Broker, Amerifeight can do for you. Unless you experienced any damge perhaps, which luckily was not my case. I had one broker, David, to begin with, but I guess he quite or got fired so then I dealt with Brett. They bothed seemed really professional for the most part. It would've been nice if they could've stuck it to the Carrier, 3to Auto Express, to be more on time, or AT LEAST, offer me a discount for further unanticipated waiting and incurred costs. I had to cancel a dentist appointment within less than 24 hours, $75, and I had to rent a car on short notice again for $75. So at least a $150 discount, if not a $200-250 discount, to account for the carrier's supreme lack of communication. I always had to call 3to Auto Express in order to receive any information. Heaven forbid they call me and let me know their truck broke down well before it even got on its way. Simply knowing would've prevented canceled dentist appointments and last minute car rentals! I thought Amerifeight would hook me up with a respectable carrier. That, they did not do. The poor delivery driver's accent was barely even distinguishable as he was an immagrant from Cuba. Hopefully not illegal! Again, just find a Reliable Carrier and don't bother with a Broker!...[More]
By About Time! on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Oct 16 2014 8:11PM
Overall my experience with amerifreight was mixed. Brett did not seem very interested in helping me and actually seemed annoyed when I needed to call after the carrier didn't show up or contact us on the first few scheduled attempts. He did end up getting everything squared away, just didn't seem very excited. Overall, my experience was fair....[More]
By Jake L on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Oct 14 2014 4:04PM
I would never, never do business with these people again. I was sent a quote saying that they could pick up my vehicle at the pickup location and deliver it to my new address for less than 900.00. I called the company and spoke with David and he stated that this wouldn't be a problem so I gave him my credit card information and was told that my car would be picked up within the next 15 days. David stated that he would get a driver for me within the next "couple of days". Not hearing from David for a few days I called him 3 or so days after our conversation and asked what the status was. He said he would be calling me later that day or the day after. I decided to let him do his job and leave him alone. 14 days from the day of original contact pass and, after using my boyfriends mother's car for 2 weeks which wasn't making either of us happy, I contacted David again. The first thing he says to me is "Oh, yeah ... we were going to call you. Where is ________?" I sat there for a moment in total shock. Two weeks after I'd given this company my payment information they were asking me WHERE in the state of Minnesota was the pickup city that I'd given them. After I explained to him that NO my city was NOT in Canada, and was indeed a city in Minnesota, he promises he will call me back. A few hours later I get a call from him stating that he found a shipper but the cost would now not be just under 900. It would be 1450.00 and I would have to drive my car the 4 hours south to Minneapolis.... and it would have to be in Minneapolis by the next day. A bit shocked, but without any other options and needing my vehicle, I scramble to find someone to drive my car the 8 hour round trip to drop it off in the shippers car lot. In the end I found out that my car DIDN'T need to be there that weekend, in fact it sat in that car lot for almost exactly one week, in a less than desirable location. Honestly, I'm so exhausted by this whole situation that I can't even continue to tell you all of the rest of the mess that this company made. The only reason I'm even writing this review is that if I don't they will charge my credit card for ANOTHER 50.00 per the contract that I signed. Summary: Quote: <900.00 Paid: 1350.00 Promised: Door to Door delivery Given: Not even close Customer Service Pros: They will answer their phones IF you call them repeatedly and leave messages telling them that you'll continue to call until you get an answer. Customer Service Cons: They will lie to you and blame it on everyone else. The only other good thing I can say about this whole situation is that they are paid, and I am finally done with them after this review. Save yourself the headache - pay a better price from the beginning for a real company with honest people....[More]
By Amanda Rice on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Oct 10 2014 1:27AM
Response from AmeriFreight Car Shipping
AmeriFreight on Oct 10 2014 8:18AM
We are truly sorry for this unfortunate turn out on this customer's shipment. First off, our Customer Service Agent did not do due diligence in follow...[More]
This was my first time using Amerifreight but 2nd time getting my car shipped. Amerifreight offered the best rate compared to other carriers and I was really impressed with the reviews they received which is why I went ahead and used them. The agent whom I dealt with was David. When I first spoke to him, he was very straight forward with his answers, which is great. It took about a week for them to find a carrier. I received 3 emails, one email saying that they found a carrier and that I needed to contact the Freight Agent to confirm the details, otherwise, they will pass on the carrier. 2nd email saying the charged me the deposit of $250 and attached a copy of my receipt. Lastly, 3rd email, regarding that they have dispatched the vehicle providing me the carrier name, the phone number and 3 names to track the vehicle. Also, the estimated dates for pick up and drop off. The email, said to please call soon to open the line of communication. I called David right away because I didn't want them to pass the carrier, left a message. He called me the next day and left a message back. I called him back 1 hr later and left a message. He never called me back. So I was getting worried that maybe this was fraud because they already charged me but yet never returned my call. It was not until the day of the estimated date that it was supposed to be picked up, I decided that I needed to talk to some other agent, who was more helpful and told me that I should have received the ph. # to contact the driver. He gave me the number and from there everything was smooth sailing. The carrier that they got me was excellent. The driver was probably the most professional just because he was more informative and responsive. He was on spot with times and dates and car arrived in excellent condition. If you need more proof of David's email, let me know, then you will understand why I was getting worried. ...[More]
By Julie on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Sep 16 2014 5:45PM
Response from AmeriFreight Car Shipping
AmeriFreight on Sep 17 2014 2:14PM
We are disappointed with the level of dissatisfaction this customer experienced from the lack of timely responses from her shipping agent, but we are ...[More]
My experience with AmeriFreight started off well. I explained my situation: my car broke down mid-road trip to grad school and needed to be shipped from the garage in a two-day window (Th/F), just over a week later. I was quoted a price, and I spoke with Ali when I called back to confirm later that day. She said she'd honor the quote, and explained the process: when they found a driver, they would contact me for confirmation, then charge a $300 deductible. I felt like I was in good hands and relieved that my car situation was finally being resolved. But then things went downhill. I hadn't heard anything, and called back a few days before the intended pick up date to see if any progress had been made; no bids on the job, but I was assured this was normal and it would be more likely to be picked up when the job status was "active." Then I woke up to a receipt for a $345 charge. I gave AmeriFreight a call, but the employee I spoke with said he couldn't help and asked me to call Ali when she got into the office. I called back just after her shift began, and after introducing myself and explaining my confusion, Ali asked who was the agent handling my case. Frustrated, I said I thought she was. To her credit, she refunded the extra $45, but when I asked about pick up dates, she said it was for the Monday following the Thurs/Fri when I needed the car picked up, outside of my clearly communicated deadline. (Apparently it had been written up as a 1-5 day pick up window, and I didn't catch their mistake when I confirmed.) At that point, it was too late to arrange pick up with another company. Ali did call to confirm that I received my car, which was nice. Bottom line, yes, my car arrived in one piece. The driver was very responsive and responsible. But Ali and I seemed to have some communication problems that made my experience extremely frustrating. I will not be using them again and suggest you save yourself the headache. Disclosure: I received a $50 discount to write a review. ...[More]
By FMA on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Sep 16 2014 12:36AM
Response from AmeriFreight Car Shipping
AmeriFreight on Sep 17 2014 12:29PM
It is regrettable that this customer experienced several frustrations during their shipping process. We strive to provide regular communication to eac...[More]
Previous 1 2 3