View 151,247 Reviews on 3,568 Auto Transport Companies.
Facebook Twitter Google+

Reviews:

Reviews from All Customers.

Reviews from Customers who would use the company again.

Reviews from Customers who would NOT use the company again.

Newest Reviews

Please make selections above and click "Run Report" Run Report
Previous 1 2 3 Next
Page 1 of 4
Reviews 1-25 of 94
Lecia at Amerifreight assured us that their drivers have ratings of 95 or above. Who creates those ratings? Do they refer to the driver or the car carrier? We have experience with other companies transporting our cars. Those car carriers were solid and newer. They are similar to the types of carriers that car dealers use to transport new vehicles. With the assigned carrier out of Pennsylvania, the car carrier was from 2006 (8 years old) and extremely rusty with mismatched tires and inferior straps to hold down the car. We were reluctant to release our car to this appalling vehicle though the driver of the rusty carrier seemed alert and competent. The pick-up was delayed because this old rusty carrier was being welded back together at the shop. It is shocking that the carrier was able to drive across the country at all. The positive points were that Lecia and the driver responded to my calls and questions about the process. The driver phoned me when the car arrived in Los Angeles which I appreciated. It was a scary experience and we are so relieved that our car finally arrived at its destination (with a higher cost than the original quote) and in one piece after an 11 day journey....[More]
By Lawson on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Oct 22 2014 9:01PM
Upon calling this company I went with them because they gave me the lowest quote to begin with, then when you confirm you want to use their services they ask if they can bump your quote to $200 more I agreed well I was originally quoted $1145 I figured $200 more isn't bad well it ended comin out to $1645 and then with a $250 charge that they require themselves which I asked if there was a fee that they charged and he said no, so that took me by suprise but at this point I had no choice. I constantly had to call or email to get updates never once did they call me until they found a carrier. So was disappointed, but they did find a carrier and the man who did pick my vehicle was very nice and he delivered in great time. I don't think I will ever use amerifreight just wish they would have updated me a little more and would have told me there is a $250 fee on top of the carrier charge ...[More]
By Ernesto on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Oct 20 2014 2:55AM
I recommend avoiding this company. This negative review is because of Graham Turner, not Ali Miller. I contracted Amerifreight to ship a car from WA to SC. Amerifreight subsequently hired AAA Family Trucking as the actual carrier. AAA Family Trucking agreed to deliver the vehicle on a specific date after signing the job with Amerifreight. The vehicle was delivered a day early, however. As a result, the vehicle had to be stored at a location approximately 10 min away from the delivery location. Before I would transfer money to the carrier to retrieve my vehicle, I needed to inspect it. The trip to the storage location, the trip to the bank to deposit money to the carrier, and the second trip to retrieve my vehicle took a considerable amount of my time. AAA Family Trucking agreed to reduce the fee by $20 for my gas and time. I felt this was considerably insufficient, given the time required and the fact that the contract clearly stated the required delivery date. Ali Miller was my direct contact at Amerifreight. She provided excellent customer support and was honest about her company's mistake. She did all she could do to fix the problem. The review is not a negative reflection for her. This review is negative because of her supervisor, Graham Turner. His business and customer service skills were the worst I have seen in recent memory. Specifically, he did nothing to attempt to fix the problem. He hid behind the excuse that the specific contract between Amerifreight and AAA Family Trucking did not hold either party responsible if the agreed upon delivery date was not adhered to. This contract is not readily apparent to the customer when the order is made. Mr. Turner could have assuaged my concerns with a simple monetary compensation for my time and effort. Instead, he did nothing and blamed the carrier. He has subsequently made an angry customer, who is now leaving a poor review, potentially preventing future business. Apparently the mantra of the customer always being right doesn't apply to his business. The order number was 940058632-SU....[More]
By Duncan F on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Oct 18 2014 5:36PM
Just find yourself a Reliable Carrier. There's no need to go with a Broker. After you pay your deposit and your shipment is handed off to a Carrier, there's no longer anything the Broker, Amerifeight can do for you. Unless you experienced any damge perhaps, which luckily was not my case. I had one broker, David, to begin with, but I guess he quite or got fired so then I dealt with Brett. They bothed seemed really professional for the most part. It would've been nice if they could've stuck it to the Carrier, 3to Auto Express, to be more on time, or AT LEAST, offer me a discount for further unanticipated waiting and incurred costs. I had to cancel a dentist appointment within less than 24 hours, $75, and I had to rent a car on short notice again for $75. So at least a $150 discount, if not a $200-250 discount, to account for the carrier's supreme lack of communication. I always had to call 3to Auto Express in order to receive any information. Heaven forbid they call me and let me know their truck broke down well before it even got on its way. Simply knowing would've prevented canceled dentist appointments and last minute car rentals! I thought Amerifeight would hook me up with a respectable carrier. That, they did not do. The poor delivery driver's accent was barely even distinguishable as he was an immagrant from Cuba. Hopefully not illegal! Again, just find a Reliable Carrier and don't bother with a Broker!...[More]
By About Time! on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Oct 16 2014 8:11PM
Overall my experience with amerifreight was mixed. Brett did not seem very interested in helping me and actually seemed annoyed when I needed to call after the carrier didn't show up or contact us on the first few scheduled attempts. He did end up getting everything squared away, just didn't seem very excited. Overall, my experience was fair....[More]
By Jake L on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Oct 14 2014 4:04PM
I would never, never do business with these people again. I was sent a quote saying that they could pick up my vehicle at the pickup location and deliver it to my new address for less than 900.00. I called the company and spoke with David and he stated that this wouldn't be a problem so I gave him my credit card information and was told that my car would be picked up within the next 15 days. David stated that he would get a driver for me within the next "couple of days". Not hearing from David for a few days I called him 3 or so days after our conversation and asked what the status was. He said he would be calling me later that day or the day after. I decided to let him do his job and leave him alone. 14 days from the day of original contact pass and, after using my boyfriends mother's car for 2 weeks which wasn't making either of us happy, I contacted David again. The first thing he says to me is "Oh, yeah ... we were going to call you. Where is ________?" I sat there for a moment in total shock. Two weeks after I'd given this company my payment information they were asking me WHERE in the state of Minnesota was the pickup city that I'd given them. After I explained to him that NO my city was NOT in Canada, and was indeed a city in Minnesota, he promises he will call me back. A few hours later I get a call from him stating that he found a shipper but the cost would now not be just under 900. It would be 1450.00 and I would have to drive my car the 4 hours south to Minneapolis.... and it would have to be in Minneapolis by the next day. A bit shocked, but without any other options and needing my vehicle, I scramble to find someone to drive my car the 8 hour round trip to drop it off in the shippers car lot. In the end I found out that my car DIDN'T need to be there that weekend, in fact it sat in that car lot for almost exactly one week, in a less than desirable location. Honestly, I'm so exhausted by this whole situation that I can't even continue to tell you all of the rest of the mess that this company made. The only reason I'm even writing this review is that if I don't they will charge my credit card for ANOTHER 50.00 per the contract that I signed. Summary: Quote: <900.00 Paid: 1350.00 Promised: Door to Door delivery Given: Not even close Customer Service Pros: They will answer their phones IF you call them repeatedly and leave messages telling them that you'll continue to call until you get an answer. Customer Service Cons: They will lie to you and blame it on everyone else. The only other good thing I can say about this whole situation is that they are paid, and I am finally done with them after this review. Save yourself the headache - pay a better price from the beginning for a real company with honest people....[More]
By Amanda Rice on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Oct 10 2014 1:27AM
Response from AmeriFreight Car Shipping
AmeriFreight on Oct 10 2014 8:18AM
We are truly sorry for this unfortunate turn out on this customer's shipment. First off, our Customer Service Agent did not do due diligence in follow...[More]
This was my first time using Amerifreight but 2nd time getting my car shipped. Amerifreight offered the best rate compared to other carriers and I was really impressed with the reviews they received which is why I went ahead and used them. The agent whom I dealt with was David. When I first spoke to him, he was very straight forward with his answers, which is great. It took about a week for them to find a carrier. I received 3 emails, one email saying that they found a carrier and that I needed to contact the Freight Agent to confirm the details, otherwise, they will pass on the carrier. 2nd email saying the charged me the deposit of $250 and attached a copy of my receipt. Lastly, 3rd email, regarding that they have dispatched the vehicle providing me the carrier name, the phone number and 3 names to track the vehicle. Also, the estimated dates for pick up and drop off. The email, said to please call soon to open the line of communication. I called David right away because I didn't want them to pass the carrier, left a message. He called me the next day and left a message back. I called him back 1 hr later and left a message. He never called me back. So I was getting worried that maybe this was fraud because they already charged me but yet never returned my call. It was not until the day of the estimated date that it was supposed to be picked up, I decided that I needed to talk to some other agent, who was more helpful and told me that I should have received the ph. # to contact the driver. He gave me the number and from there everything was smooth sailing. The carrier that they got me was excellent. The driver was probably the most professional just because he was more informative and responsive. He was on spot with times and dates and car arrived in excellent condition. If you need more proof of David's email, let me know, then you will understand why I was getting worried. ...[More]
By Julie on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Sep 16 2014 5:45PM
Response from AmeriFreight Car Shipping
AmeriFreight on Sep 17 2014 2:14PM
We are disappointed with the level of dissatisfaction this customer experienced from the lack of timely responses from her shipping agent, but we are ...[More]
My experience with AmeriFreight started off well. I explained my situation: my car broke down mid-road trip to grad school and needed to be shipped from the garage in a two-day window (Th/F), just over a week later. I was quoted a price, and I spoke with Ali when I called back to confirm later that day. She said she'd honor the quote, and explained the process: when they found a driver, they would contact me for confirmation, then charge a $300 deductible. I felt like I was in good hands and relieved that my car situation was finally being resolved. But then things went downhill. I hadn't heard anything, and called back a few days before the intended pick up date to see if any progress had been made; no bids on the job, but I was assured this was normal and it would be more likely to be picked up when the job status was "active." Then I woke up to a receipt for a $345 charge. I gave AmeriFreight a call, but the employee I spoke with said he couldn't help and asked me to call Ali when she got into the office. I called back just after her shift began, and after introducing myself and explaining my confusion, Ali asked who was the agent handling my case. Frustrated, I said I thought she was. To her credit, she refunded the extra $45, but when I asked about pick up dates, she said it was for the Monday following the Thurs/Fri when I needed the car picked up, outside of my clearly communicated deadline. (Apparently it had been written up as a 1-5 day pick up window, and I didn't catch their mistake when I confirmed.) At that point, it was too late to arrange pick up with another company. Ali did call to confirm that I received my car, which was nice. Bottom line, yes, my car arrived in one piece. The driver was very responsive and responsible. But Ali and I seemed to have some communication problems that made my experience extremely frustrating. I will not be using them again and suggest you save yourself the headache. Disclosure: I received a $50 discount to write a review. ...[More]
By FMA on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Sep 16 2014 12:36AM
Response from AmeriFreight Car Shipping
AmeriFreight on Sep 17 2014 12:29PM
It is regrettable that this customer experienced several frustrations during their shipping process. We strive to provide regular communication to eac...[More]
Amerhifreight was recommended by a friend who had good luck with them. They put me in contact with Aztrans, my carrier, and the whole experience has left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Problems: (1) AmeriFreight first tried to tell me that the cost of my shipment would be $100 more than the quote that I received online; (2) I was asked to PAY for a cab to go pickup my car 15 miles away from my destination; (3) the delivery was one week late and the driver was keeping my car and keys at his house; (4) I had additional out of pocket expenses during that week without a car (which they will not reimburse me for); (5) the gas flap is now broken and the insurance I paid for is worthless. Overall, a bad experience. I would not do it again. Unprofessional all around. Try your luck elsewhere....[More]
By Brian on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Sep 9 2014 1:14PM
Response from AmeriFreight Car Shipping
AmeriFreight on Sep 9 2014 1:52PM
AmeriFreight prides itself on its customer service and work hard to make each auto transport experience as worry free as possible. However we do not s...[More]
I was like you, first picked-up this 5-star vehicle transporter and get a $1495 quote. This quote tells me pick-up within 7 days and 7 to 10 days for the delivery. I was also told that I can put personal items in the vehicle as long as driver can see through the mirror. Then in reality, as time goes during a peak season, I was told I need pay $1795 for the same service. Of cause, the pick-up date was still within 7 days but start to count from when I accepted the new price. Then I was told that I need to pay $2045 including an up-front deposit of $345 to him if I wanted the vehicle be picked-up at the last day of that 7-day period. As I needed the vehicle, I accepted. When the vehicle was delivered, the driver asked an extra $180 for the personal items in the vehicle! If I would not receive an email this morning telling me to write a review for this business, I would just tell myself that the vehicle is arrived and I would never choose him again. But as I receive this email, I decide to write a review in order to tell people: “Don’t believe any of the 5 stars”. To understand the reason, please read the quoted text: “You received an upfront discount because you promised to leave me at least 2 reviews. … Be sure to leave a creative subject line and informative content in your review for a good chance to get $100 cash back on your order. ” As I tell the truth, I do not expect any incentive....[More]
By WJ on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Sep 4 2014 11:17AM
Response from AmeriFreight Car Shipping
AmeriFreight on Sep 5 2014 3:24AM
Auto transporters by law are not supposed to have personal items shipped in a vehicle. They are licensed and insured to transport vehicles. Home mover...[More]
I will start by saying that my experience makes me NEVER want to ship a vehicle again. The entire transaction can be categorized as dishonest and misleading. I was moving from Vermont to Oregon and needed my car transported. I found AmeriFreight and chose to use their services because they received positive reviews. I made sure to set up for a pickup several months in advance to help ensure that I would get a carrier. I was flying to Oregon on August 6th and needed my car picked up sometime between Aug. 2nd and Aug. 6th. Brett ensured that I would have my car picked up during the time (I was aware that there was no unconditional guarantee, however). I paid the deposit and time passed. August rolled around and I hadn’t heard anything. I called Brett and he again ensured that I would have a carrier. August 4th – Nothing. Finally, I called Brett again and it appeared that he realized the deadline I had and began to work to find a carrier. Long story short, he found a carrier that picked my car up on August 13th for a price that was $700 MORE THAN THE QUOTED PRICE. So not only was I forced to spend a considerable amount of extra money, but I also had to burden my neighbor with keeping my car until the carrier arrived, 7 days past my latest time for pickup. I was told by a separate AmeriFreight Broker that very few carriers travel to and from Vermont, which is why it was difficult to find a carrier. Brett explained that the carrier he found “had to travel out of his way to get my car in Vermont, which is why the price increase was so high…to account for gas and time.” This was simply a lie. When I was finally given the carrier’s information, the carrier said he was dropping another car off in the SAME TOWN I was shipping my car from! Additionally, the driver stated that he travels from New England to the west coast EVERY WEEK! Brett was extremely rude about this transaction, and he acted as if there was no problem at all. He offered no apology and became defensive when I voiced my frustrations, stating that it wasn’t his fault that the carrier pickup didn’t match my time frame. I understand that things happen and not every plan goes smoothly. I was not as upset about the fact that my car was not picked up on time. What angered me was Brett’s dishonesty and misleading information. Had he been upfront about the complications, this would be a much better review. Lastly, these reviews are based on an assumed discount of $50. Follow up emails about the reviews are coercive, encouraging people to give 5-star ratings, despite subpar performance. I will likely never ship a car again, and will suggest people do not waste their time with AmeriFreight, especially if shipping from New England. The Better Business Bureau will also be receiving a letter from this very displeased customer. ...[More]
By Ross on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Sep 3 2014 11:18PM
Response from AmeriFreight Car Shipping
AmeriFreight on Sep 4 2014 9:05AM
It is very unfortunate that we have not been able to meet our customers expectations and the measure of frustration that he has experienced. The issue...[More]
I thought it could be very stressful to ship my Honda from east TN to southern CA, but it turned out to be a wonderful first experience. #940057179-YL After going through plenty of customer reviews on auto shipping web sites and BBB, I was glad to receive return call from Ameri Freight. Lecia Phillips was professional & efficient in confirming the quote and order via emails and cell phone. Carrier A1 Trans was scheduled within a few hours for pick up the next day. This was unexpectedly fast. Though I had to drive a few miles to meet the 8-car carrier in a commercial parking lot, it was a relief to give driver Chung the key. The car was delivered safely in 7 days, 3 days ahead of schedule, only 2 minutes walk at the town center where a 3-car carrier could stop. The cost is slightly higher than other quotes on-line, however, the excellent service deserves it. If I do need another car shipping, I will definitely recommend Lecia of Ameri Freight across the country. Satisfied customer, Selina...[More]
By Selina Sham on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Sep 2 2014 7:49PM
I found the agent to be prompt in finding a transport truck for my vehicle but dealing with the actual company was very difficult. The trucking company contracted by AmeriFreight was difficult to reach and the delivery of my vehicle was horrible. Overall I was impressed with the speed in which they found a truck for my car but not much else....[More]
By Sarah on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Sep 2 2014 7:08PM
They give you the best quote than any other auto carriers if you are flexible on pick-up and delivery dates. However, you had better consider the rent-a-car cost after early pick-up date or while waiting for delivery. In addition, other carriers' quotes will give you a good idea on the market price. This time, I have a feeling that the initial quote was too cheap compared to the market price. Therefore, they could not find any carriers to bid. So, waiting time was a waste. If they had known the market better and given us the fair quote from the beginning, we would not have to spend so much on the rent-a-car. We also had to pay more than the initial quote to get our car move. It is notable though that their customer service is always honest and prompt. Except the frustration that we did not now when we could receive our car, all of the Amerifreight people were nice to talk to. ...[More]
By Katie on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Aug 27 2014 5:12PM
Justin at Amerifreight was very knowledgeable and helpful. Unfortunately, the carrier, Global Auto Transport, LLC, damaged the vehicle while unloading it I immediately called them and sent Justin an email. That was on Saturday. Today is Thursday and we have not heard from anyone..........[More]
By Allan DeWitt on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Aug 21 2014 10:07AM
Salesperson handling my shipping order could not answer basic questions about the carrier he assigned to me. I was assigned a carrier with whom it was very difficult to communicate effectively in English. ...[More]
By Steve C on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Aug 20 2014 9:50PM
I shipped my car from CA to NYC three years ago for only $1150 using a different service. Fast forward to the present, I needed to do the reverse. My initial quote was for $1350, transporting the car from NYC to CA. I wanted a smaller margin/date range for the vehicle to be picked up and was told the new quote would be $1450. I agreed to the increased quote and implicitly told them that the car MUST be picked up by 7/30 - I would be flying out of NYC the morning of the 31st. A week before my scheduled departure to CA, I contacted Amerifreight for a status date. I was told that everything was on target. I continued to contact them every day to every other day and was assured of the same thing every time. On 7/30th, I was told that there are no truckers willing to cross the bridge into the NYC to pick up the car; there is a better possibility of it being picked up in NJ. WHAT THE HELL? Seriously, they tell me this when I'm flying out the next day? I contacted a friend who lives in NJ and asked if I could leave my car there for pick-up at 10PM (my flight is at 5am the next day). I've left the car in NJ and awaited for a response for Amerifreight. There was no scheduled pick up that day. The next morning, I flew from NYC to CA and when I landed, there was a message from my agent stating that a pick up is available for NY. Again, WHAT THE HELL! It was bullshit. In the end, I spent almost $1k on car rentals, the final quote for the carrier is $1900 (they charged me $150 for having items in the car), and the car was picked up 16 days from the last available pickup date. I would not use this company again....[More]
By Sokrin on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Aug 20 2014 3:34PM
I was originally quoted $1,305 for pickup of a mid-size car from a small town in the San Joaquin Valley. I choose the economy saver package and my vehicle was fairly new, and running. Out of the blue, I was called 5 days prior to my availability date and was told a truck was available to pickup my car. Without my authorization, my price was negotiated up to $1,425 and I was told that I'd have to drive at least 4 hours one-way to meet my carrier, near Los Angeles. If I didn't choose this pickup, it would be the same price, same pickup location, and 2 weeks later. (no other options were made available per my agent). Since I was moving out of state and didn't want to burden my relatives with having to drive 4 hours roundtrip to meet this truck, I choose to ship it early. Coincidentally, I was already in Los Angeles that day and I could meet the truck. But because the pickup was several days earlier than I requested and I was out of town, I had to rent a car for several days out of my own pocket for $300; I was not reimbursed nor was shipping price reduced. The shipment was fast (only 6 days), but all costs included, it was about $1,700. I'm happy with the shipment speed, but it was much costlier and out of the way than I originally anticipated. I wish they would have told have given me a better cost estimate and approximate meeting location (a 4-hour radius for example). At least I would have known what I was getting into. I also had to drive about 1.5 hours to pickup my car in Maryland. This is not door to door service by any means. Also, my car was covered in motor oil and gasoline from the vehicle above it; something to keep in mind when shipping open truck. ...[More]
By Janelle M. on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Aug 20 2014 10:04AM
Response from AmeriFreight Car Shipping
AmeriFreight on Aug 20 2014 11:43AM
Call Lecia 678-621-1768 A+ BBB accredited (Google us: top rated discount car shipping) We apologize for any inconvenience this customer experienced...[More]
I will not use Amerifrieght again!!! They provided me with a quote, "the best available quote" which was largely incorrect for what was realistic. I was originally quoted $895 for the shipment of my vehicle. It seemed kind of shady from the start. Graham told me that they will advertise the lowest available cost for 48-72 hours from the first available date of pick up. Then they will raise the price to garner more interest by a few hundred dollars to get a carrier. It had been 6 days before someone became available for my pick-up, which was nearly a week after I left Rhode Island. I had to get a friend oversee the move, which was later than originally scheduled by 3 days. And then, the price was nearly double my quote! $1545 !!!!! Never again!!!!...[More]
By Jazmyn Artis on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Aug 18 2014 2:09PM
Response from AmeriFreight Car Shipping
AmeriFreight on Aug 20 2014 4:56PM
It is regrettable that this customer is unhappy with adjustment in price from their initial quote. This customer chose an economy rate, which we only ...[More]
My husband chose Amerifreight after doing his research to ship my car across the country. He decided on Amerifreight because of the low price he was given, and the flexibility it offered us. Unfortunately, the price he was given, was an estimate, and VERY FEW people actually get their cars shipped for that price. Our price wound up being $400 MORE than the estimate, and it took an additional 2+ weeks for the car to even be picked up from it's original location. When the car did arrive, I was given less than 24 hrs notice, with a 2 hr drop-off window. For many, this may be fine. For us, it was a huge inconvenience. I raced to the place where my car would be taken, waited patiently through the drop-off window, and I had to call to find out where my car was. No one called me telling me that the truck was being held up at a weigh station. That would have been nice to know. Long story short, my car arrived 4 hrs later, and I had to walk over a mile to get it. Luckily it was the middle of the day, and I took my dog. Where they had me meeting the truck was in the middle of nowhere, meeting up with 2 random truck drivers. Not ok with me. ...[More]
By Colby Egbert on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Aug 18 2014 11:45AM
Graham provided good service, but it wasn't the best. I was originally quote $1150 and waited for 2 weeks to be told that for the transport there was no way I was going to get anyone to take it for $1150. So why was I quoted $1150 in the first place? I wound up wasting a lot of time only to pay $1550, which is the same rate I could have gotten from another carrier from the start. ...[More]
By James on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Aug 14 2014 11:37AM
My husband and I just moved across the country. Before we left home, we arranged for our car to be shipped with AmerFreight. They quickly found us a shipping company and driver that would pick up our car on the 31st and would deliver it to our new home 5-7 days later. This time quote worked with our schedule as we would be arriving in our new city within that time frame to be present for the car delivery. Getting in touch with the actual driver was a little bit difficult, but we eventually touched base with him. At that time, I asked to verify when the car would be delivered and he said it would arrive 3 days later, which didn't work at all with our timeline. We were worried about getting the car picked up on the scheduled day if it was going to be delivered before we were in our new city. The driver was not very nice and basically told us to figure it out so that someone else could pick up our car (we don't know anyone in our new city). I spoke multiple times to someone higher up with the shipping company and she was very helpful in finding a solution for us. In the meantime we had trouble getting in contact with AmeriFreight but eventually got ahold of them to tell them about the situation. The last we were in contact with them, the situation was that the shipping company would pick up the car on the original planned date and it would be delivered sometime after we arrived. On the 31st of the month, the shipping company contacted me and said that they were going to pick up the car a few days later because that would ensure that it would be delivered after we were in our new city. After this point, everything went as planned. The car was picked up on the afternoon of the 4th and arrived the morning of the 7th with no damage. Our driver was very nice and our car made it safe and sound. If we hadn't been in the middle of a busy and stressful move in addition to shipping the car, it wouldn't have been such a headache dealing with the changing plans and the worry about our car arriving in our city before we did. Since this was all happening at once, it was pretty stressful and it seemed like we shouldn't have had to deal as much with the shipping company to figure everything out since that's what we paid AmeriFreight to do. The price was definitely competitive with other companies we looked into using, but it may have been worth it to use a different one if we hadn't had to deal with the stress of last-minute worry and changes....[More]
By Alex on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Aug 8 2014 6:15PM
I used AmeriFreight after reading the on line reviews. I received a quick email response and a quote of $995.00 to ship my car. This is what I have paid in the past to ship other vehicles across the states with other carriers. After agreeing to the terms and discussing my needs with the agent on the phone, there was significant delay in getting back to me. I needed to initiate all contact whether by phone or email. Then they changed the agreed upon pick up date stating that the new date is when a carrier was available ("I've got dispatch working on it"). I informed them that this was not what we agreed to. Suddenly, they found a new carrier. It then cost me an additional $300.00 to ship my car with this new carrier without explanation. So much for the quote.This is no way to conduct business.I would encourage you to not use AmeriFreight to ship your car. The carrier on the other hand was wonderful and I will use them again in a private transaction and leave Amerifreight out of the equation....[More]
By Eric on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Aug 8 2014 4:54PM
Response from AmeriFreight Car Shipping
AmeriFreight on Aug 8 2014 10:44PM
It is unfortunate that our customer was not happy with our services. It may have been because the process has not been clearly explained as it should....[More]
AmeriFreight was able to schedule a shipping time amenable to my circumstances. However, driver called to notify of a day delay due to a broken trailer. I confirmed the amended pickup time with driver. Driver failed to make pickup again due to an additional maintenance issue with the pickup truck that was not communicated until I contacted the company. End result - 5 hours waiting in a parking lot. The driver was late getting to the destination address and when I called/texted a new address and confirmed dropoff at the new point the vehicle was still dropped at the original address. Despite numerous back and forth phone calls confirming locations, texting addresses, and double checking times not one part of the shipment was accomplished with any sort of professionalism. I would not use AmeriFreight to find a carrier again because of poor quality control....[More]
By Matthew Hicks on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Aug 2 2014 6:21PM
I am going to tell you my story and let you all decide if you would use this company. As my subject line said, never again for me. I was planning to ship a vehicle, for the first time, from Virginia to Colorado because of a move. My POC was Brett at AmeriFreight, and I filled out the online quote request and it was promptly returned back to me at $1095. I was also told of a military discount being $30, so I have in my mind $1060 for the rough quote...pretty reasonable I thought! I did this on June 30th, about 2.5 weeks before I wanted the vehicle picked up (requested date was July 15th). On July 1, Brett said that it was plenty of time to get my vehicle there and that we could begin the process. What happened after that is why I never would use this company again. After getting all of the paperwork submitted, AmeriFreight was not able to get a carrier for me before my requested date or on my requested date. Day after day I would email Brett and day after day I would get the same answer - haven't found anything yet. Once July 15th came and went, my requested pickup date, I was in full panic mode since I had to leave my apartment promptly on July 18th to move! July 16th came and went, again nothing. I took July 17th off from work in the hopes AmeriFreight could work something and guess what? No vehicle pickup that day, either. However, at around 2PM on July 17th, I get a call from Brett saying someone could pick it up on Friday July 18th for $1,395...I was hoping that included the $250 deposit since I was in a corner and had no other choice but to go with the carrier, GTR Transportation. It didn't...and the initial quote of $1095 with a $30 military discount turned into a $1,645 purchase. Almost $600 more than the quote is unacceptable to me. Telling me that I did things far enough in advance and saying that was plenty of time and not delivering is unacceptable to me. The lack of apologies or anything as I was basically in panic mode for 5 days is unacceptable to me. I do feel that Brett was trying hard and I appreciate that...but it was all happening after the original July 15th date that I requested. Long story short, I can't believe the stress of this, the explosion of cost compared to the original quote, and the fact that I honestly felt like I was alone during this process. I said it before and said it again, I am not going to use this company again and will not be recommending them to anyone who asks me for advice shipping a vehicle. I feel I should get my deposit back because this was nothing close to a good experience and my vehicle got picked up the day I started a cross county move (I had to wait to start driving because my vehicle wasn't picked up, yet). On a side note, GTR Transportation and the gentlemen that moved the vehicle were great. I'll go directly to them next time. ...[More]
By David on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Jul 23 2014 5:59PM
Response from AmeriFreight Car Shipping
AmeriFreight on Jul 24 2014 12:45AM
We are truly sorry that our customer felt he has not been fairly treated. We understand that it was a big difference in price for the final shipment a...[More]
Previous 1 2 3