View 169,718 Reviews on 3,826 Auto Transport Companies.
Facebook Twitter Google+

Reviews:

Reviews from All Customers.

Reviews from Customers who would use the company again.

Reviews from Customers who would NOT use the company again.

Newest Reviews

Please make selections above and click "Run Report" Run Report
Previous 1 2 Next
Page 1 of 2
Reviews 1-25 of 42
My initial contact with the company was positive. Lecia was very informative, and I was impressed that this was one company that didn't harass me with phone calls or e-mails. Lecia gave me what I felt was a fair quote, as I had seen from this website that if your quote is too low, your vehicle just won't get picked up. Our transport company was A1 Trans. The dispatch person, Leo, was very professional, and helpful. HOWEVER, and here is where I became unhappy- -the car could not be delivered to the destination, but delivery had to be taken in a parking lot several miles away. This was slightly problematic as the person receiving the car had (ahem) no car. But there is a bus. But then the drivers texted to say the car would be delivered at 1-2 am. This is not acceptable. No buses run at that hour, and for a four mile journey, no cab would take a person to an empty parking lot in the middle of the night for a $5 fare. The dispatcher asked if the car could be unloaded and driven to the residence. This seemed like a great solution, and we settled on a REASONABLE time for this to happen. 6-7 am. The car was delivered at 2:30 am. It got there, but I can't call this professionalism. Not holding Amerifreight responsible, but the drivers for A1 Trans really dropped the ball in my book....[More]
By Laura on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Sep 4 2015 4:11AM
Response from AmeriFreight Car Shipping
AmeriFreight on Sep 4 2015 4:35PM
We do understand the inconvenience this may have caused our customer and the person at the point of destination. Unfortunately sometimes carriers may ...[More]
We shipped my wife's Pontiac Grand Prix from TN to CA. The representative from Amerifreight (Graham) was friendly and helpful. I appreciated how he walked us through the process and kept us as informed as he could about Amerfreight's portion of the dealings. I was however disappointed with the company that accepted the bid. I was of the understanding that Amerifreight only allowed quality companies to bid on their contracts. VK Express accepted the bid. VK did not communicate very well with us to begin with and upon pick up we were rushed through the inspection. I noticed afterward that some of the rubber seal around the front windshield was tore up and that there was red paint on the inner edge of the door as if it been slammed into something as well as some other new scratches/dings.. I was upset but decided that since it is somewhat of a "beater car" anyways, I'd rather not have anymore dealings with VK and just fix it myself in my spare time. ...[More]
By Cody on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Aug 26 2015 4:35AM
Response from AmeriFreight Car Shipping
AmeriFreight on Aug 26 2015 12:17PM
Duplicate...[More]
We didn't get our car on time frame as agreed upon. Which caused us to use the rental car longer in turn cost us more money while waiting for the delivery....[More]
By M Futcher on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Aug 22 2015 12:04AM
The price of the transportation was not clearly explained by the book in agent and instead was buried in the fine print of the contract. Additionally, I waited around the first night for the vehicle to be picked up and was called later being told that the transport vehicle had issues. It then showed up the next morning (on-time). ...[More]
By Kevin S on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Aug 15 2015 5:48PM
Based on reviews off this site I contacted Josh at Amerifreight who quoted me a lower price than other brokers to ship my SUV from Connecticut to Oregon. He advised a large time window (August 1-14) for pick up. He never bothered to call me to update me on the status of my pick up, so I had to e-mail and call him myself. Three days before I was supposed to move out of state, I called him and left a message. He did not call me back. So I called him again later that day and asked if he'd received my message. He told me he had a lot of messages. I asked him what we were going to do about my car, and he said he'd raised my price by $100. He did not call to ask me about this, or even to inform me that he had raised the price! I reminded him that I had checked the box on the online agreement with Amerifreight saying I did not authorize the company to raise my bid without my permission. He claimed not to know about the contents of this form, which is strange, since he sent it to me when I signed up with his company. I understand that prices sometimes need to be raised in order to be competitive. But a decent broker will call you to tell you that, not raise the price behind your back. A decent broker will also stay in touch with you, since that is why they are being paid a commission. ...[More]
By Melanie on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Aug 13 2015 2:28PM
I had used Amerifreight once before to get my car to CA. I worked with a great guy and our low ball bid was taken that day. The car was picked up 2 days later and my car arrived within 5 days. Since I had such a great experience I didn't even hesitate to use them again to get my car back to VA a year later. Needless to say this experience was nothing but problems. I called and talked to Lecia who is the worst at customer service. I had already used their company before and knew how things worked and she was treating me like an idiot. She even said "well do what you want since you think you can run the show and know how everything works". I also asked about the discount that I know they offer and she said there was no discount. She was rude and condescending. I then wait over 2 weeks before I hear anything back about my bid. I was told my bid had been taken but the price was raised. I said that it was fine and just asked if they could talk to the driver about taking anything less but if the driver said no I would take it. I heard nothing and called back the next day. I was told they called the driver and would let me know when they heard from him. Another 2-3 days pass and Lecia calls back saying I may want to up my bid because no one has taken it. I thought it had already been taken care of! I then decide to cancel my bid with Lecia so I can open a new bid with another customer service person. This time I get Graham who seems very nice. He gives me great information and is very helpful. At this point I am very nervous because the date my car needs to be shipped is fast approaching. I call the office to talk to Graham about raising my bid again and they said he would call me back. I then get a call back from Lecia calling on "his behalf". It is another 3-4 days before yet another woman calls me about having found a driver for my car. At this point I had already had to leave the state and now had to have my family/friends deal with the pick up because Amerifreight has awful customer service representatives. Other than the stress of the many weeks of phone calls and dealing with rude customer service representatives the carrier was good. It did take a total of 10 days to get my car which seems ridiculous, especially since last time it had gone the same distance in 5. I had to rent a car for several days because of the slow speed. All in all I would never recommend Amerifreight to anyone unless they want a ton of extra stress right before you leave, have to ask friends/family for help and have to pay extra money for a rental car. ...[More]
By Laura on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Aug 9 2015 12:13AM
I decided to contact AmeriFreight because of the reviews posted on the site. Here is my actual experience with them: I called to get a quote, Graham was the one who gave me a quote of $845 to ship my Lexus ES 350 from CA to NJ, with $245 as deposit charged to my credit card. I told him that I needed my car to be picked up on the next day (I called on Wed. and needed the car to be picked on Thur.). In order for him to proceed with this order, I must sign some agreement forms and pay the $245 deposit up front, so I glad did. He did not get back to me on Wed. about next day delivery. Instead he called me on Thur. and told me he found someone who can pick up my car on Sat. however I must pay $1145 instead ($300 more) because it was a short notice. I was flying out to NJ on Friday so I agreed to paying the $300 extra for Sat. pick up. Of course I had to find someone who can be the point of contact for my car for Sat. since I couldn't be there anymore, which was a hassle because they wouldn't tell me what time on Sat. they can pick up the car. It was difficult for me to find someone no one could stay around my car all day on Sat. just to wait for a phone call, finally we paid someone who was willing to do this favor for us. On Sat. no one came to pick up the car, I called both Graham and the driver, neither picked up my call nor returned my messages. I was pretty pissed, I sent Graham an email at end of day Sat. told him that I will go with a different service instead, and that he should return my deposit of $245 since he did not fulfill his contract. No word from him on Sunday neither. Monday I received a dispatch confirmation email from Graham, stating that my car will be picked up on Tue. for the same amount of $1145. I was surprised and called him immediately telling him to cancel this order. I told him because no one came to get the car on Sat. I decided to go with another service. His response was outrageous: he said he won't be able to return my deposit of $245 because I signed some agreements that they have 3 attempts to find a carrier. Then I tried to negotiate with him saying he should not charge me $300 more for a much later pick up, first he denied he said that the extra $300 was for a sooner pickup, then he refused to lower the cost, even for all the inconveniences he caused me and a much later pick up day. His behaviors are dishonest, unreliable, and manipulative, let alone unreasonable. I was also offered to write a good (5 stars) review for him in order to receive $50 off when he first gave me the quote. I can see why there are so many "fake" reviews out there because people wanted to save the $50. Bottom line, try to avoid doing business with them. Graham was rude, dishonest, unreasonable, manipulative and unreliable. Last, don't sign any agreements and terms, don't let these pigs take advantage of you. ...[More]
By Ying Zhou on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Aug 5 2015 5:24PM
I was very disappointed with the customer service. I had to call several times to get anything done. My agent would tell me that he would call be the following day, but he never did. I was very disappointed. ...[More]
By Joe on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Jul 23 2015 4:51PM
Response from AmeriFreight Car Shipping
AmeriFreight on Jul 24 2015 12:07AM
We apologize for us not living up to expectations of this customer as he as all the reason to be upset. This agent is no longer with us. ...[More]
I shipped two cars from Massachusetts to California, calling four months in advance to reserve. AmeriFreight told me that if I wanted to narrow the window for pickup within 1-5 days instead of a 15 day would that it would cost me an additional few hundred dollars which I was fine with. Unfortunately, AmeriFreight did not deliver on their this (although they said that nothing is guaranteed). The contracting trucking (Aimee Trucking) AmeriFreight used ended up being 4 days late even though they requested an additional an additional $100 per car to pick up the cars the following week with the promise to pick up on Tuesday. They called the following Monday to say that their driver was running late and was going to be there on Tuesday. Tuesday passed. No call on Wednesday. No call on Thursday until I had to call Aimee Trucking. Not surprisingly, Aimee Trucking voicemail box was full so I couldn't leave a message. I called AmeriFreight to see what was going on and didn't hear anything from them until the following day. I finally had to text them and they said the driver was an hour away. The only positive note in dealing with the transaction was that I received phone calls from AmeriFreight regarding the order before and after the transaction was completed. ...[More]
By Margaret on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Jul 17 2015 3:59AM
Shipped a standard sedan from VA to CA. The price I finally paid to ship my car was a little higher than initially quoted. I understand the process of entering a low bid then working up to the actual price, but I feel that it was a large different between the initial and final cost ~1150 to ~1575. Amerifreight charged 275 for their part of the deal, which is a little higher than some. I was told it takes 7-10 days based to ship my car. It was 4 days late because the company's usual 'smaller' delivery truck was broken. Though I understand this, it is frustrating when the only response I could get on the phone was "delivery date isn't guaranteed," and it could take more time due to "weather and traffic". Overall the car got delivered, just took longer, was a little more pricy than expected, and the customer service wasn't as helpful as I would think 275 buys....[More]
By Jared on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Jun 23 2015 2:35AM
Bad experience, paid extra for a confirmed date pick up something called First Class service between June 6th and June 8th . Driver late to pick up. Pick up was on June 11th. I had to pay some one to meet the late driver. Driver was one day late to drop off . Rude , driver charged extra $100 for a total of $1795 which I was quoted at $1695 , I paid extra for a more defined pick up date and extra for drop off. Driver did not listen to advice of person at the pick up , ran the battery down and car needed a jump. When I met the driver car was unable to start , I purchased a new battery , drove the car away disgusted , my car had over 20 grease marks where the idiot was trying to do something , I don't know what. Oh and a new scratch on the door. When I tried to call no one took my call , returned my call , nothing. Never again! I am totally disgusted and dissatisfied. $1695 cost me an extra $540 between added charges , repairs. Never again ...[More]
By Mike Hill on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Jun 19 2015 9:32PM
I was not very pleased with the communication about the shipping date. I was told that the shipping will happen on certain date and later i came to know that it was the "First Available Date" when they will actually start finding transporters. I was out of country and had to hand over it to my friend to ship. Lot of communication gaps in between. Could do better....[More]
By Sandeep Garud on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Jun 19 2015 8:59PM
I shipped 2 vehicles at the same time, from Alaska to Pennsylvania. Amerifreight was the second leg of the trip, after the vehicles had been shipped from Alaska to Seattle. They arrived on time in Seattle, with no hassle from the first carrier. Once they were in Seattle, I received a call from Graham at Amerifreight that in order to ship the vehicles on the timetable we had discussed, I was now going to have to pay another $150 per vehicle. I was told if I didn't pay it, the vehicles would have to wait for another truck. I paid it, and the vehicles were shipped, but at this point, I didn't feel as though the broker was working for me. The vehicles arrived undamaged, and on time, although not for the quoted price....[More]
By Jim on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Jun 18 2015 12:17PM
Our broker was friendly and personable, however there were pretty significant gaps in communication. 1) I was never told upfront that Amerhifreight is a broker and they shop out our car at a discounted rate and that if it isn't picked up at that rate, I would either need a plan B or would have to increase the rate significantly (the rate it was initially listed for was low, so we had to raise at last minute to get a pick-up). 2) Broker didn't explain vehicle specs (our ski rack was too high, that is probably why our vehicle came back damaged) or that the gas tank needed to emptied - this proved to be an issue at pick-up. 3) Our car was returned with a cracked tail light, but because a family member received the car for us and signed the damage waiver, there was no recourse. Plus, it was very dirty. ...[More]
By Laura O. on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Jun 9 2015 12:54PM
On the plus side, the car arrived on time, in good condition, and it was for a somewhat reasonable price. The reason for AmeriFreight's receiving a Poor rating is because of the surprisingly low quality customer service I received. First of all, I paid a premium for a two-day window (prices are lower for a wider range of delivery pick-up dates), and not only did the transportation company miss the window, the communication throughout it all was atrocious. The transport company that Graham hired never contacted me unless I tracked them down. Graham was unresponsive when it was hard for me to find the transportation company and driver, and when he finally contacted me (after the car had finally been picked up) he was very rude to me and completely unapologetic about the lack of communication. I cannot in good faith recommend this company, and won't be using them again. ...[More]
By Anthony Dell on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Jun 8 2015 6:53PM
The actual transport company (the truck service that actually moved the vehicle) was excellent and worth a five star review. The broker, AmeriFreight, did find the carrier in the time frame that I was seeking and level of communication was adequate but not great. I would not recommend using Amerifreight only because they advertised an unrealistically low initial quote to gain my business but eventually ended up paying more than the average firm priced quote. Most other quotes were $850 but AmeriFreight came back with an initial $545. Too good to be true? Yes, apparently. AmeriFreight ended up being $895 and coming down to the wire with finding a carrier. I was somewhat backed into a corner on the schedule by that point and more-or-less had to go with them. ...[More]
By Rob on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on May 14 2015 4:43AM
Was told originally $1295 and 1 to 5 day wait for pickup. Turned into week and a half when I called them to see what was going on cause I had people waiting at vechicle then had to wait for them to call me back and was told $1895 to get transport and no time to really consider cause they needed to know as transport was on way. The extra cost of time and $600 can't be overlooked as I transport vechicles across country on a semi-regular basis and need communication and reliably, a company that knows it's buisness....[More]
By jeff on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Apr 24 2015 8:58PM
We agreed to pay an additional $300 to shorten the time frame of pick up from 15 days to 5 days since we would be dependent on this vehicle upon arrival at our destination. Time was critical on this move and Ali, the representative, assumed that the vehicle would be picked up and delivered on time. As the days continued to pass the 5 day mark, I called Ali and asked what the problem was. She stated the destinations we not close enough to big city terminals. I informed her that I could drop the vehicle off in Savannah and be willing to travel to Seattle for pick up. Several days later, I had to leave the area and report to Seattle with leaving a friend responsible for the release of the vehicle to the driver. The actual pick up of the vehicle was 12 days after the first available pick up day. The delivery was a week late and we had to rent a vehicle during that time. The driver was not reachable until a day before drop off, when he called to find a place to meet. Besides being dirty, the vehicle was undamaged. I called Ali and then a manager to ask for a portion of the $300 difference for the late pick up and assist with the cost of the rental. $300 happened to also be the amount of the fee that AmeriFreight charges for advertising the offer to drivers. They refused! I would recommend going directly through an actually car transport company and forget the middle man like AmeriFreight that are not capable of keeping their promises....[More]
By Dave on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Apr 24 2015 6:12AM
Well as the subject suggests, I had a great experience as long as communication part is considered. I had agreed to pay the premium price just to make sure the pickup is prompt, and they told me the average time for my price range(premium) is about 5 days but they could,not find any carrier till 12th day and then came back with an offer that was $300 more on top of the premium price quoted to me. As I was already renting a car for my use so I had no other option but to bear all that expense. But now I think the price I paid is more than the highest quote I got initially from bunch of companies. So could have saved at least a week of waiting by going with those companies. So in the end I am again taking stars off because the price I paid in the end should have got the SUV picked up in 3 days but instead I had to wait for 12 days. Ali gave me three options - $1250 for ~ 12 day pickup - $1550 for ~ 5 day pickup - $1850 for ~ 3 day pickup So looks like I paid price for 3 day option and got service of 1250 option :( I am still going to retain 2 stars, One for Ali's good communication and 1 for finding a good carrier as the car arrived in good shape....[More]
By Ronnie on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Apr 14 2015 9:25PM
Response from AmeriFreight Car Shipping
AmeriFreight on Apr 15 2015 3:27PM
It is always our goal to provide each customer with a speedy vehicle shipment at a discounted rate. However, it is impossible to make guarantees due t...[More]
AmeriFreight set up the transport of our Miata MX5 with American Star Transportation. The car was delivered 7 days after the estimated delivery time. Upon arrival the driver failed to put the car in reverse (stick shift) and drove into the car in front, damaging the front cowling. My daughter was receiving the car and they said if we didn't accept a reduction in the transportation cost to cover repairs or they would reload the car and take it back to Philadelphia and that they had no idea when we might get the car back. This was stated as a threat (take it or leave it) and since we needed the car, we really had no option so we advised our daughter to sign off on the bill of lading with a $300 reduction for a repair that will probably a lot more. After we arrived the next day and cleaned and inspected the car further we found numerous scratches and rub marks where they installed hold down straps over the car. They apparently left the windows down, the inside mats were wet and muddy with water puddled on plastic we left on the passenger seat. The front spoiler was also damaged. ...[More]
By REUBEN BOYER on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Apr 8 2015 3:47PM
Response from AmeriFreight Car Shipping
AmeriFreight on Apr 9 2015 3:24AM
AmeriFreight can understand the frustration of our customer because of the unacceptable service from the carrier that shipped their vehicle. It is dis...[More]
Amerifreight is a company who will strive to get 5star ratings. But it deserves none. You will be lucky if your car gets delivered in good condition and in that case they will take all the positive credits. However if the car gets damaged, expect least help from them. I transported my car from Minneapolis to Phoenix through Amerifreight in Feb 2015. I also purchased total protection plan through Josh Contreas of Amerifreight by paying additional premium so that it will cover the damages to my car during transportation. My car was delivered to me with damages on the rear which I even noted in the delivery bill of lading. I got 2 quotes from collision shops and gave it to Josh. However the whole team is least willing to help me get the amount of my claim. They will talk all good before the move but will retract from their words as soon as you pay them the money. STAY AWAY from this company....[More]
By Amit on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Mar 11 2015 5:20PM
Response from AmeriFreight Car Shipping
AmeriFreight on Mar 11 2015 8:11PM
We apologize for any frustrations this shipment has caused the customer. Our customer service agent assisted the customer in filing a claim with his g...[More]
I recently had to move for a new job I landed in California, 2600 miles from home in Pittsburgh. Unfortunately, since this is my first time moving out of state, I wasn't experienced in how car transportation worked. It turned out I needed to be able to start my new job in about 3 weeks. After researching and researching, random phone calls and emails from MULTIPLE different companies, for a full week, I researched AmeriFreight and saw the great reviews. I decided to go through them, based on the reviews alone. And because I was on a time crunch, I really needed to go with someone. I got a quote for ~$980. Of course, the final number did not end up to be in that amount. I contacted AmeriFreight. Unfortunately, Graham was out, but I got a friendly person on the phone (cannot remember his name, but he was great!). He explained to me that for about $1200, he couldn't *guarantee* a delivery date 2 weeks out but that it was a probability. He explained that for my quote, he would try to get my car out near the date (2 weeks away) anyhow, and that he had noted that my pick-up date would be the upcoming Thursday, and that they would be in touch. I decided to wait to hear from them. I waited for a few days with no response from AmeriFreight. I called a couple times, spoke with Graham, who explained to me that they're still looking for someone to take my car. By Wednesday, I got nervous - I still hadn't heard anything about anyone picking up my car, despite being told that my pickup date would be Thursday. I called Graham again, and told him that I'd be ok with paying more to get my car out as long as I get some sort of guarantee that my car will get to California by the time I get out there. I told him I initially was told it would be ~$1200. Graham gave me a quote of $1400. With that price, I wanted some sort of "guarantee" that they could get my car out by the date I arrived. Sadly, he could not guarantee anything. He was a little pushy, mentioning that he had already talked down the price with the carrier, and that he couldn't get it any lower. Had I known that they wouldn't get back to me that entire week, I would have gladly paid the $1200 as originally mentioned by the first person I spoke with at AmeriFreight. And, actually, with that price of $1200, I could have *easily* chosen someone else. Bottom line is - do your research as early as you can! My friends/family who have shipped their cars out multiple times in the past were shocked at the amount that AmeriFreight charged me to get my car out to CA. Ultimately, I feel ripped off. On the positive note, my car DID arrive on the date I suggested (although it was technically the next day because it was at midnight, but.. whatever). The carrier was great - there were a few hiccups (they called me telling me that they lost my key, and that they purchased it out of their expense and would reprogram it for me. Called me again because they realized that the key would need reprogrammed with the car, and would need the vehicle in Cleveland. Obviously my car is being shipped to CA... so how would I be able to do that? THEN I got one last phone call explaining that it wasn't my key afterall - they had lost someone else's key.) Car was clean when it was picked up and completely dirty upon arrival, but that's to be expected! ...[More]
By Kelli on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Mar 4 2015 5:24PM
The car took a full 27 days to get a bid and get here to Texas from California. The first transporter couldn't start the car nor could he jump start it, even though it had a new battery. Then he slammed the hood shut and damaged the hood latch, left the keys in the ignition, left the window down so it got rained in. Left the car in a public place. The owner couldn't be present at the time of pick-up but made arrangements with the transporter. Finally, after complaining they found another transporter that cost $200 more. AmeriFreight said "sorry". No discount, no nothing. Of course they charged my CC ASAP....[More]
By mitch roberts on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Feb 20 2015 4:36AM
When I contacted Ameri Freight about bringing my car from California to Tennessee I spent a lot of time explaining to the Ameri Freight representative, Lecia, the exact circumstances surrounding this car. I told her it must be in an enclosed carrier and that it was a very expensive show car. She told me she would put it on the board for the price we agreed on which was not cheap to say the least. She called me back and said they had a carrier that would do an excellent job and had a 100 out of 100 rating. Maybe it is my fault for making the assumption that she knew this delivery company and had first hand experience with them. I feel certain that she had no knowledge at all about the company or the driver that delivered my car. If she did and these people have a 100 out of 100 rating then the car delivery business is in a pretty sad state. I have listed below all of my complaints. I was led to believe that when the car was picked up I would be notified by the driver. I never heard anything from the driver. The seller in California did call me saying the car had been picked up and even sent me pictures showing it being loaded. I wasn't in a big hurry for the car to arrive so I didn't worry when I still had not heard anything five days later. I had the drivers phone number from where he called me before he ever picked the car up saying he couldn't get hold of the person in California to arrange the pick up. It was because he was calling the wrong phone number. I don't know how this happened because the phone number written on the e-mailed copied I received from Ameri Freight was correct. Any way I decided to shoot the driver a text on the evening of day six which was a Friday. He said he was in Memphis Tennessee and it looked like it would be Monday or Tuesday for the delivery. I told him that would be fine and to just let me know for sure when he knew for sure. When I had not heard any thing back from him late on Tuesday I sent a text asking if he had any updates on the delivery time. His response was "In Memphis now will plan on seeing you either late Wednesday or early Thursday". I don't know what happened to the delivery on Monday or Tuesday or even ask him why he was still in Memphis several days after he said he was leaving Memphis. I wasn't in a hurry so I still wasn't worried about anything. The text I got was on Wednesday at 7:17 p.m. said was "See you tomorrow at 1 is that ok". My exact response was "Yes, I will have to leave work to meet you so as you get closer let me know. I will plan to meet you at 1:00 unless I hear any different". His response was "No problem everybody loves the car by the way. This comment sent a red flag to me. I wondered who was "everybody" and how could they see a car in an enclosed trailer. I sent back this question. Has the car been on the truck the entire time or have you had to load and unload it as you made your way across the country. His response "Hasn't moved since California". The next time I heard from the driver was at 12:07 p.m. on Thursday and he was confirming the address he was suppossed to drop the car off at. I confirmed that the address was correct and since it was 45 minutes before we were supposed to meet I assumed that by him asking this he was close. His reply text was "passing Lebanon Tennessee now so 2.5 hours away. I replied with "I thought we were meeting at 1:00" His reply was "Yes sir moving as fast as we can". This is fine but I wonder when he was going to let me know that the time had been changed from 1:00 to 3:30. The answer is that he wasn't going to. I would have left work and went to the meeting place only to find out then that he was going to be 2 1/2 hours late. The next text I got was at 2:34 saying he was in a traffic jam and would be later than previously stated. The next time I heard from him was at 3:40 and his question was "If you don't mind me asking how much did this car cost?" I asked why and he said "I figured it was very expensive build probably one of the sharpest restorations I have seen in all my years of moving these cars" I told him that yes it was a very high quality build. He said I was very impressed with the quality of the finish. Remember this comment for later when I tell you how he handled this quality of finish that he was so impressed with. He finally got close to the meeting place and sent me a text that said "It's a red and black Peterbilt". Now I was really concerned because the carrier it left California was a white trailer. I didn't say anything I just figured I would find out was was up when we met for the drop off. He gets to the drop off and this guy can't speak one word of English. Through his hand gestures and pointing I finally figured out that he didn't want to drop the car off here but wanted to go to the Home Depot parking lot about a mile down the street. I tried to talk to him but it was a waste of my time so I just got in my car and drove to the Home Depot. Please understand that I have no idea why he didn't want to drop the car off at my storage facility. This place has trailers with cars coming and going everyday so it has plenty of room. As if all this hadn't been enough it was at this time I realized the car wasn't enclosed. It was in a trailer that had canvas sides and a top with no back on it and my car had the last five feet hanging out the back of it. I was pissed off at a level that I have never known before and the only guy I have to ask questions doesn't speak the language of this country. The car was on an entirely different trailer than what it left California in and I knew at this point I had been lied to about every detail of this trip from the time it began. The finish that he thought was so great didn't keep him from sliding his rivet laced blue jeans all up and down the drivers side door and quarter panel as he climbed into the car to drive it off the trailer. The piece of crap wrecked car, that appeared to have been a totaled car, he was hauling on the rack above my car had leaked oil onto the roof and my car had what appeared to be bird shit all over it. On top of all this the key had been left on and both batteries were drained which caused plenty of havoc on the computer and air ride system. I don't really know how much of this fiasco is to be blamed on Ameri Freight and the company that actually did the delivering but I feel like they are both equally to be blamed. I will never use either company again for anything. By the way the name of the actual company that did the delivery was Gorban Transportation out of Chesterfield MO....[More]
By Steve on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Feb 16 2015 8:40PM
We were quoted a price of $1,050 and lead to believe that we would have our car picked up by th 18th. We were leaving on vacation so the dates were important. On the 18th we still did not have a carrier, we up the price by $200 with still no luck. Finally on the 24th we were offered a contract for $1,500. The car was picked up on New Years eve at 7:30 PM with several additional days of delay and lots of heart burn on our side finding someone to organize the pick up for us as we had left on vacation. Once the car was picked up the rest went smooth, the car was delivered on the day, however it was delivered at 10:30 at night. The car was delivered without any damage or issues. Josh from AmeriFreight is not the easiest person to get in touch with, although he did return phone calls after a time, he would not respond to emails...[More]
By MIke on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Jan 9 2015 7:59AM