View 150,604 Reviews on 3,556 Auto Transport Companies. Recently Ship A Vehicle? Add the 150,605th Review now!

View Dependable Auto Shippers's New Profile

Common CarrierActive
Contract CarrierActive
BrokerNone
Carrier

DAS (Dependable Auto Shippers) has enjoyed over 58 years as the industry leader in vehicle relocation. Our legacy has spanned over 1,200,000 vehicle deliveries during that time. Our national network of terminals provides consumers the added convenience as well as, economic rates with the dropping off and/or picking up their vehicles. We also provide a true door-to-door service where we will arrive at your doorstep with a flatbed truck versus having to meet us at a remote parking area. We can also provide you with a Guaranteed pickup date, if time is of the essence. DAS has enjoyed a long-term relationship as a preferred carrier with eBay Motors as well as, all of the leading third-party relocation & moving and storage companies. These relationships have helped DAS become a top quality vehicle relocation provider with the highest level of service. Our focus is on you and the on-time, damage-free delivery of your vehicle - everytime.
Have your own experience with Dependable Auto Shippers to share?

Dependable Auto Shippers reports that they have an average of 115000 customers per year. Currently, this site has 67 reviews posted by individual customers for the past 365 days. So approximately 0.06% of Dependable Auto Shippers customers have posted a review.

This means that 99.94% percent of their customerís opinions are not represented on this site.
    Next Reviews on Dependable Auto Shippers
    Subject: Theft
    Review:My vehicle was picked up on 9/17/14 and was to be delivered on 10/6/14 at my new location. Well it is 10/8/14 and after several phone calls they are telling me that the earliest my vehicle will be here is 10/14/14. I do not believe them however. I wa... [ More ]
    Poster:David Lebo
    Date:10/8/2014 4:29:00 PM
    Subject: Worst Service and Communication EVER
    Review:I bought the truck sight unseen. The seller said he had dealt with DAS before and said he could drop it off on the weekend to their terminal. That wound-up costing me an extra $90 because they had to "Call-in" a driver to put the truck in ... [ More ]
    Poster:Eric
    Date:9/30/2014 1:53:00 PM
    Subject: car never picked up; very misleading statements about timeframe
    Review:When we had given the order, the sales rep had told us that we had to specify a window of about 10 days for pickup. We had very specifically specified the day it would have to picked up *at the latest*, and he based the timeframe on that. When I call... [ More ]
    Poster:Steffen G.
    Date:9/21/2014 10:17:00 PM
    Subject: Horrible Company
    Review:I can't believe this company is still in business after reading all these reviews and after the issues I dealt with. I had two cars delivered from Ohio To Kansas, cars were delivered on time but they looked like they were sitting for 5 years in a bar... [ More ]
    Poster:Brian C
    Date:9/16/2014 8:48:00 PM
    Subject: Not so dependable
    Review:Dependable Auto Shippers transported our vehicle from MO to CA and it was ten days late. The delivery date changed four times. Due to the delivery date changes we never picked up a rental car. However, they only offered us $100 for the delay and no r... [ More ]
    Poster:Adam
    Date:8/26/2014 3:23:00 PM
    Subject: NC to TX
    Review:I shipped one car from NC to TX and everything went smoothly. Pickup was on-time, delivery was earlier than predicted and customer service was excellent. There was no damage to my vehicle. Overall it was an excellent experience and I would use DAS... [ More ]
    Poster:Stephen
    Date:8/25/2014 9:40:00 PM
    Subject: Poor Follow Through
    Review:I had a very poor experience with Dependable Auto Shippers. I had used them a few years back to transport a car from coast to coast and was satisfied with their service then, but this experience was exceptionally poor. The original quoted price f... [ More ]
    Poster:Kevin
    Date:8/14/2014 5:48:00 PM
    Subject: Third Time Using DAS
    Review:My daughter booked the shipping of her car as part of a military move 1 month before flying out with an auto broker. The auto shipper broker guaranteed pick/up and shipping during a 5 day window and her vehicle was ready and available. During the s... [ More ]
    Poster:Linda
    Date:8/12/2014 2:16:00 PM
    Subject: DAS is good afterall
    Review:Wow, The car dealer recommended DAS and then after they picked up the car I went to this website and got scared. Then I realized with only 3-4 reviews per month and they probably ship 50+ cars a month...the only reviews are from unhappy customers. ... [ More ]
    Poster:James Beavan
    Date:7/31/2014 1:10:00 PM
    Subject: Very Late
    Review:It took 31 days to receive my vehicle. When I asked for a compesation review, they offered me $75 and told me that is all they would give me. When I asked to escalate this to higher management, they emailed back and said after further review that i... [ More ]
    Poster:Jim Zimmerman
    Date:7/18/2014 1:37:00 PM
    Subject: Late and Damaged
    Review:Company is hit or miss. Shipped two vehicles from California to Washington State. First vehicle, no problem. Second vehicle arrived 16 days late with $3000 damage due to a smashed back end. Customer service involves multiple transfers between cus... [ More ]
    Poster:R. Davis
    Date:7/18/2014 12:16:00 PM
    Subject: Delivered Damaged
    Review:Car was delivered to pick up point. Vehicle was delivered within the 2 week time frame however the car was delivered at night with damage. Damage was not noticed until the next day. Since it was the weekend, I was not able to contact DAS until the... [ More ]
    Poster:A Jose
    Date:7/16/2014 10:34:00 PM
    Subject: Damaged to Car
    Review:Car was shipped from south Florida to southern New England and delivered with a cracked oil pan which would have been very difficult to detect unless car was allowed to sit for several hours to allow oil flow out of protective plate under the oil pa... [ More ]
    Poster:G. Haines
    Date:7/13/2014 2:22:00 PM
    Subject: DAS = Farce and you should Avoid !!!!!!
    Review:DAS is such a disappointment. Absolutely no customer service. They operate on their own schedule. Screw the customer. Sales job then it's up to you to find out where your cars are. Totally unreliable. Horrible. Stay away !!!! [ View ]
    Poster:Unhappy Customer
    Date:7/8/2014 5:52:00 PM
    Subject: Avoid DAS at all cost!!!
    Review:This is actually my 2nd nightmare with DAS. I used them 6 years ago transporting my brand new Lexus ES 350 from NJ to CA, they totally ruined my car by dripping some kind of chemical substance all over my car which appeared to be bird poops at the t... [ More ]
    Poster:Ying
    Date:6/27/2014 10:32:00 PM
    Subject: Great Experience Overall
    Review:We have moved several fleet vehicles over the years from various parts of the country and always receive prompt, efficient service from DAS. The vehicles have all arrived in the condition they were picked up in. Our latest one arrived last week in on... [ More ]
    Poster:PC
    Date:6/25/2014 11:41:00 AM
    Subject: Would not cover all damages
    Review:Very poor. It took 3+ weeks to ship my car from Ohio to California. When the car was finally delivered, there were dings on the roof which look like hail and scratches on several different areas of the car. Some of them look they they may have been c... [ More ]
    Poster:Marko
    Date:6/24/2014 12:59:00 PM
    Subject: WARNING!!!!!
    Review:DAS essentially baits with delivery times, then explains there are "delays" and sends you the fine print. The DAS locator website is a sham. You sign on and get a message "In Transit." No idea where your car is. They kept... [ More ]
    Poster:Les Whitbeck
    Date:6/23/2014 7:40:00 PM
    Subject: TWO vehicles still in transit
    Review:Very nice up front, then they literally disappear. My 2014 Infiniti sat on a lot (in a rough area of town) for 10 days before the truck came to pick up; the latest update is it is sitting in a lot in Georgia since June 12th. I cannot get an answer ... [ More ]
    Poster:Samantha
    Date:6/23/2014 6:53:00 PM
    Subject: at least some of you got your car..I haven't yet...JULY update
    Review:Original pick up date 5-28-2014 After one month my car still sits outside in some dirt field in Georgia. I bet Cletus and Bubba are having a good time at the local dirt tracks with my car as it is very powerful! No commitment to anything from these ... [ More ]
    Poster:T. Salvesen
    Date:6/22/2014 3:38:00 PM
    Subject: Use anyone else!
    Review:We decided to go with Dependable Auto Shippers after two co-workers recommended them. Both of the co-workers used DAS over two years ago. I called their toll-free number and was connected to Stephen Linders. He told me that I should schedule with t... [ More ]
    Poster:PaintedCanvas1975
    Date:6/16/2014 9:27:00 PM
    Subject: auto transported.
    Review:Well after 25 yrs of shipping cars across this land called america this is the worst company i have ever delt with.Danger Danger Danger.If you can find anyone i suggest doing so .All they do is hold you up ,get there money ship from terminal to termi... [ More ]
    Poster:J.L.Rodda
    Date:6/15/2014 6:56:00 PM
    Subject: Integrity issues
    Review:There is one reason for this rating. We DID NOT contract with Dependable Auto Shippers. The company we contracted with, Door to Door Transport of Coconut Creek, Florida, hired DAS. However, what Door to Door did was give DAS our credit card informati... [ More ]
    Poster:Mary Meier
    Date:6/13/2014 8:30:00 PM
    Subject: Worst Service Ever
    Review:I have never been lied to by so much by one company in my life! They're so helpful the first day until they pick up the car then it's all down hill from there, they told me it would take one week to get the car I had sold to a customer that was movin... [ More ]
    Poster:Thomas Moore
    Date:6/10/2014 4:33:00 PM
    Subject: Nightmare !
    Review:Do your self a favor, avoid DAS ! I wouldn't allow them to ship my car for free after the 30 plus day nightmare . they picked up my car in Michigan and hauled it to Texas, I live in Kansas . finally after several weeks of lies , I hired Natio... [ More ]
    Poster:Danny
    Date:6/4/2014 5:11:00 PM
    Subject: Disaster of a company
    Review:My car was supposed to be shipped from Utah to SC. We were told they would have my car delivered to the destination within 2 weeks. Over 3 weeks went by, and during that time we were calling and looking online to find out where it was and when it wo... [ More ]
    Poster:Kaitlyn
    Date:5/26/2014 11:38:00 PM
    Subject: Relocation to Florida
    Review:The best experience with shipping cars and I have been in the military. We dropped our cars off in Manassas on 12 March. We arrived in Florida on 18 March and received a call that we could accept delivery of our cars the next day, one week from dro... [ More ]
    Poster:Lester Jones
    Date:5/24/2014 9:54:00 AM
    Subject: Shipped from Florida to Virginia
    Review:I moved from Florida to Virginia for a new job which required me to have my truck shipped as well. Dependable Auto Shippers was recommended by many websites, including the Pods website, so I chose them. This turned out to be one of my bigger regrets ... [ More ]
    Poster:Gary
    Date:5/22/2014 11:18:00 AM
    Subject: Nine days late, filthy...find someone else!
    Review:1989 Jaguar XJS convertible was dropped off at Gardenas, CA terminal April 17 before noon. ETA to Ohio via top-load, enclosed carrier, was May 8. Car sat at terminal for 2-1/2 weeks. Was finally marked as "to load" May 5. Got to Illinois Ma... [ More ]
    Poster:Clay
    Date:5/18/2014 12:07:00 PM
    Subject: Not as advertised
    Review:My car has been sitting for 2 weeks after it was picked up and still not assigned a truck. Agent told me it would be assigned and picked up within 1-2 days after a local tow company picked it up from my house. Selling agent will not answer calls or r... [ More ]
    Poster:Kenny
    Date:5/3/2014 10:22:00 PM
    Subject: Bought out = Poor CS & Incompentence
    Review:A week after the locals picked up, their place was broken into and my car was damaged. It took 9 days to be repaired. Then car sat for another 8 days before it FINALLY left Oregon. I was assured I could always track my car- WRONG! Never could get an... [ More ]
    Poster:Janice
    Date:4/23/2014 8:09:00 PM
    Review:My vehicle was dropped off at the origin terminal on March 3, in Denver Colorado. I was given an estimated time of arrival of March 17. At 8AM on March 7, I received a call stating that my vehicle was available for pick up at the destination termin... [ More ]
    Poster:Kirsten R
    Date:3/10/2014 10:42:00 AM
    Subject: California to North Carolina
    Review:After researching how the auto shipping business works, receiving quotes, phone calls and emails, and reading numerous reviews on many different companies, I made the decision to use Dependable Auto Shippers. Every quote from every other company wer... [ More ]
    Poster:Lynne Robinson
    Date:3/5/2014 2:56:00 PM
    Subject: Cross country move!
    Review:I used DAS because they were recommended by ABF, my cube mover. DAS came to my residence in California because I had no transportation once I gave them the car. It was nice to know that if you don't have transportation on either end of the delivery, ... [ More ]
    Poster:S. Horowitz
    Date:2/25/2014 3:53:00 PM
    Subject: Cross country move!
    Poster:S. Horowitz
    Date:2/25/2014 3:53:00 PM
    Subject: Charged twice.
    Review:I used DAS because they were recommended by the owner of my furniture moving company, New York Movers, who is really trustworthy. He said they were a bit expensive, but good. Because I had non-refundable fight anf hotel reservations, I eventually dec... [ More ]
    Poster:Bill Zwick
    Date:2/20/2014 10:51:00 AM
    Subject: Shipping of my vehicle
    Review:I read the Good & Bad reviews and decided to go with DAS because of the price, everyone else was way higher and would take longer. I had to pick the vehicle up at the facility in Mesquite, Tx but that was OK for as fast as they got it to us. ... [ More ]
    Poster:Judy Williams
    Date:2/19/2014 8:27:00 PM
    Subject: Rat(s) Ate Wires And DAS Wont Pay
    Review:Dropped of car at Birmingham terminal 13 Jan 2014 with no check engine light one. I arrived in WA state 21 Jan 2014. Vehicle was est. to arrive 27 Jan 2014. Kept calling initial rep but no answer or returned calls. Found another number from a pre... [ More ]
    Poster:Anthony Woods
    Date:2/17/2014 6:35:00 PM
    Subject: terrible service
    Review:This company will not provide you professional service. My car is delivering from New York to Indiana almost 30 days. My car is till in Markham IL. On one including service manager can not tell me when my car will be moved to Teutopolis IL (Delivery... [ More ]
    Poster:Lei Zhang
    Date:2/17/2014 9:59:00 AM
    Subject: CA Delivery
    Review:Multiple problems with DAS this time. I am a multiple-time DAS customer, by the way. 1) Paid for driveway pick-up service and terminal pick-up at destination. I was charged the max rate: driveway pick-up at origin city and driveway delivery at des... [ More ]
    Poster:CA Resident
    Date:1/30/2014 3:52:00 PM
    Subject: Not Dependable
    Review:This company is not dependable as they claim to be, they charged me $1259 to ship my 08 Altima from Maryland to Sioux Falls, South Dakota but to my surprise my car is still at their terminal in Maryland, after nine days they picked my car. I was told... [ More ]
    Poster:Joseph
    Date:1/29/2014 9:14:00 PM
    Subject: AWFUL Company...negative 5 stars
    Review:While I was inquiring about shipping my vehicle, I could get in touch with Bernie Torres without an issue. I would leave a message and he would call back within minutes. When I paid and scheduled my car for shipment, that is when the answering of ph... [ More ]
    Poster:Run to another company
    Date:1/24/2014 9:15:00 PM
    Subject: Classic Car Delivered quickly & efficiently
    Review:Simply put, this service could not have been better. On time, early delivery, clear communication & priced right. [ View ]
    Poster:Miller
    Date:1/13/2014 11:19:00 AM
    Subject: Great Expectations
    Review:I have never used a transport service and was surprised by the number of them, but a friend referred me to DAS. I had MANY questions and Bernie was able to answer all of them. I transported my sister's car from Seattle, Washington to Louisville, KY... [ More ]
    Poster:GinaR
    Date:1/11/2014 10:08:00 AM
    Subject: Great Expectations
    Poster:GinaR
    Date:1/11/2014 10:07:00 AM
    Subject: Dependable Auto shippers review
    Review:This is the second time I have used DAS. The first time the vehicle was delivered early, and this time it was a little late (7 days). Not surprising given the holidays and bad weather. The car was not damaged, and dirty as you would expect a car to b... [ More ]
    Poster:Kevin
    Date:1/10/2014 8:56:00 PM
    Subject: Spare yourselves. DO NOT USE
    Review:DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE. Spare yourself an extremely frustrating, costly experience. This was single handedly the WORST company I have ever worked with. Aside from my car being delivered OVER A MONTH past the scheduled arrival date, the customer ser... [ More ]
    Poster:Taylor
    Date:1/8/2014 3:41:00 PM
    Subject: UN-Dependable Auto Shippers
    Review:This company will seem very professional up-front then after you pay everything changes. I was warned and didn't listen and I should have. You have been warned, do not be lured by the price! Everything in their advertisements is pretty much the opp... [ More ]
    Poster:Rick
    Date:12/31/2013 12:11:00 PM
    Subject: Horrible company
    Review:This is the absolute worst company. My car was almost 2 weeks late and when I received it my radiator fluid was completely empty and my taillight out. I tried calling my original contact person Bernie who would not answer my calls and never returned ... [ More ]
    Poster:Hidden
    Date:12/28/2013 9:03:00 PM
    Subject: excellent service
    Review:i had my vehicke set to be picked up thru all vehicle transporters thry mislead me and lied to me about several things including telling me i could keep items in my vehicle which i found out is illegal as well as they tried to keep my deposit i had t... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for your positive review. We are happy to hear you had a good experience with DAS and look forward to the opportunity to serve you in the future. [ view ]
    Poster:jenn hajredini