Transport Reviews.com - Ratings and Reviews of Auto Transport Companies by Customers. View 137,315 Reviews on 3,362 Auto Transport Companies.
Company Login

You Are 1 of 1179 Active Visitors. Find Companies  |  Newest Reviews  |  Information For Transporters
Dependable Auto Shippers
Common CarrierActive
Contract CarrierActive
BrokerNone
Carrier

DAS (Dependable Auto Shippers) has enjoyed over 58 years as the industry leader in vehicle relocation. Our legacy has spanned over 1,200,000 vehicle deliveries during that time. Our national network of terminals provides consumers the added convenience as well as, economic rates with the dropping off and/or picking up their vehicles. We also provide a true door-to-door service where we will arrive at your doorstep with a flatbed truck versus having to meet us at a remote parking area. We can also provide you with a Guaranteed pickup date, if time is of the essence. DAS has enjoyed a long-term relationship as a preferred carrier with eBay Motors as well as, all of the leading third-party relocation & moving and storage companies. These relationships have helped DAS become a top quality vehicle relocation provider with the highest level of service. Our focus is on you and the on-time, damage-free delivery of your vehicle - everytime.
Have your own experience with Dependable Auto Shippers to share?

Dependable Auto Shippers reports that they have an average of 115000 customers per year. Currently, this site has 173 reviews posted by individual customers for the past 365 days. So approximately 0.15% of Dependable Auto Shippers customers have posted a review.

This means that 99.85% percent of their customerís opinions are not represented on this site.
    Next Reviews on Dependable Auto Shippers
    Review:My vehicle was dropped off at the origin terminal on March 3, in Denver Colorado. I was given an estimated time of arrival of March 17. At 8AM on March 7, I received a call stating that my vehicle was available for pick up at the destination termin... [ More ]
    Poster:Kirsten R
    Date:3/10/2014 10:42:00 AM
    Subject: California to North Carolina
    Review:After researching how the auto shipping business works, receiving quotes, phone calls and emails, and reading numerous reviews on many different companies, I made the decision to use Dependable Auto Shippers. Every quote from every other company wer... [ More ]
    Poster:Lynne Robinson
    Date:3/5/2014 2:56:00 PM
    Subject: Cross country move!
    Review:I used DAS because they were recommended by ABF, my cube mover. DAS came to my residence in California because I had no transportation once I gave them the car. It was nice to know that if you don't have transportation on either end of the delivery, ... [ More ]
    Poster:S. Horowitz
    Date:2/25/2014 3:53:00 PM
    Subject: Cross country move!
    Poster:S. Horowitz
    Date:2/25/2014 3:53:00 PM
    Subject: Charged twice.
    Review:I used DAS because they were recommended by the owner of my furniture moving company, New York Movers, who is really trustworthy. He said they were a bit expensive, but good. Because I had non-refundable fight anf hotel reservations, I eventually dec... [ More ]
    Poster:Bill Zwick
    Date:2/20/2014 10:51:00 AM
    Subject: Shipping of my vehicle
    Review:I read the Good & Bad reviews and decided to go with DAS because of the price, everyone else was way higher and would take longer. I had to pick the vehicle up at the facility in Mesquite, Tx but that was OK for as fast as they got it to us. ... [ More ]
    Poster:Judy Williams
    Date:2/19/2014 8:27:00 PM
    Subject: Rat(s) Ate Wires And DAS Wont Pay
    Review:Dropped of car at Birmingham terminal 13 Jan 2014 with no check engine light one. I arrived in WA state 21 Jan 2014. Vehicle was est. to arrive 27 Jan 2014. Kept calling initial rep but no answer or returned calls. Found another number from a pre... [ More ]
    Poster:Anthony Woods
    Date:2/17/2014 6:35:00 PM
    Subject: terrible service
    Review:This company will not provide you professional service. My car is delivering from New York to Indiana almost 30 days. My car is till in Markham IL. On one including service manager can not tell me when my car will be moved to Teutopolis IL (Delivery... [ More ]
    Poster:Lei Zhang
    Date:2/17/2014 9:59:00 AM
    Subject: CA Delivery
    Review:Multiple problems with DAS this time. I am a multiple-time DAS customer, by the way. 1) Paid for driveway pick-up service and terminal pick-up at destination. I was charged the max rate: driveway pick-up at origin city and driveway delivery at des... [ More ]
    Poster:CA Resident
    Date:1/30/2014 3:52:00 PM
    Subject: Not Dependable
    Review:This company is not dependable as they claim to be, they charged me $1259 to ship my 08 Altima from Maryland to Sioux Falls, South Dakota but to my surprise my car is still at their terminal in Maryland, after nine days they picked my car. I was told... [ More ]
    Poster:Joseph
    Date:1/29/2014 9:14:00 PM
    Subject: AWFUL Company...negative 5 stars
    Review:While I was inquiring about shipping my vehicle, I could get in touch with Bernie Torres without an issue. I would leave a message and he would call back within minutes. When I paid and scheduled my car for shipment, that is when the answering of ph... [ More ]
    Poster:Run to another company
    Date:1/24/2014 9:15:00 PM
    Subject: Classic Car Delivered quickly & efficiently
    Review:Simply put, this service could not have been better. On time, early delivery, clear communication & priced right. [ View ]
    Poster:Miller
    Date:1/13/2014 11:19:00 AM
    Subject: Great Expectations
    Review:I have never used a transport service and was surprised by the number of them, but a friend referred me to DAS. I had MANY questions and Bernie was able to answer all of them. I transported my sister's car from Seattle, Washington to Louisville, KY... [ More ]
    Poster:GinaR
    Date:1/11/2014 10:08:00 AM
    Subject: Great Expectations
    Poster:GinaR
    Date:1/11/2014 10:07:00 AM
    Subject: Dependable Auto shippers review
    Review:This is the second time I have used DAS. The first time the vehicle was delivered early, and this time it was a little late (7 days). Not surprising given the holidays and bad weather. The car was not damaged, and dirty as you would expect a car to b... [ More ]
    Poster:Kevin
    Date:1/10/2014 8:56:00 PM
    Subject: Spare yourselves. DO NOT USE
    Review:DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE. Spare yourself an extremely frustrating, costly experience. This was single handedly the WORST company I have ever worked with. Aside from my car being delivered OVER A MONTH past the scheduled arrival date, the customer ser... [ More ]
    Poster:Taylor
    Date:1/8/2014 3:41:00 PM
    Subject: UN-Dependable Auto Shippers
    Review:This company will seem very professional up-front then after you pay everything changes. I was warned and didn't listen and I should have. You have been warned, do not be lured by the price! Everything in their advertisements is pretty much the opp... [ More ]
    Poster:Rick
    Date:12/31/2013 12:11:00 PM
    Subject: Horrible company
    Review:This is the absolute worst company. My car was almost 2 weeks late and when I received it my radiator fluid was completely empty and my taillight out. I tried calling my original contact person Bernie who would not answer my calls and never returned ... [ More ]
    Poster:Hidden
    Date:12/28/2013 9:03:00 PM
    Subject: excellent service
    Review:i had my vehicke set to be picked up thru all vehicle transporters thry mislead me and lied to me about several things including telling me i could keep items in my vehicle which i found out is illegal as well as they tried to keep my deposit i had t... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for your positive review. We are happy to hear you had a good experience with DAS and look forward to the opportunity to serve you in the future. [ view ]
    Poster:jenn hajredini
    Date:12/23/2013 5:40:00 PM
    Subject: Performance as Promised!
    Review:Very pleased with the performance of DAS, very professional in every step of the process. I shipped my Lexus SC430 from Cincinnati to The Villages, FL in a closed container on the top tier as the car was in mint condition. The car was picked up on ... [ More ]
    Response:We appreciate your kind words and are glad to hear of your positive experience in using DAS. [ view ]
    Poster:Steve K.
    Date:12/20/2013 9:21:00 PM
    Subject: Horrific company
    Review:LATE Delivery. Told us it'd arrived 2 hours before pickup and demanded that we get there (because we discovered later they were covering up tire damage and didn't want them to deflate again until after we had driven it off the lot). TWO tires on op... [ More ]
    Response:We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. Unfortunately, the claim # you have provided is incomplete so we cannot research your specific complaint without additional info. However, each and every claim filed with DAS is thoroughly researched and review by a certified claims adjuster in order to determine liability. It is our goal to ensure every claim is settled quickly and fairly. [ view ]
    Poster:Sheila
    Date:12/5/2013 4:36:00 PM
    Subject: Shame on ME
    Review:Simply put, they took 27 days (really 29 because I went to the depot and picked the car up) to travel across country because they let it sit in NJ for 12 days then put the car on a train to Missouri instead of a car transport to CA directly. Sha... [ More ]
    Response:We are sorry for our poor execution on your move. Although the delivery date is ESTIMATED, a vehicle arriving at destination 11 days past the ETA is not within our parameters of acceptability. In moving 80,000+ vehicles a year, there are times when a move does not go according to plan. Unfortunately, there were a small number of shipments that were negatively effected by the performance of our rail service partner. We are currently in the process of re-evaluating that partner relationship in order to establish a more reliable shipping channel. We apologize for the inconvenience this situation caused you. [ view ]
    Poster:adam kugler
    Date:12/4/2013
    Subject: A Review before my car arrives
    Review:I dropped my car off in Gardena California, People were polite, And very professional, They told me my car will probably depart on Saturday November 23rd. They called me and verified the car was loaded and on its way to Iowa. They said I should see i... [ More ]
    Response:We are happy to hear of your positive experience. Thank you for your business and kind words regarding our service. [ view ]
    Poster:Davison
    Date:11/24/2013 7:38:00 PM
    Subject: DO NOT USE
    Review:This has to be one of the worst companies i've ever dealt with the lied about everything from the pick up time to the drop off time. My vehicle sat a a towing company for over a week time. I was never able to get any information when tracking my vehi... [ More ]
    Response:We are sorry to hear you had a negative experience. DAS offers three levels of transit time. The least expensive is a " Standard ESTIMATED Time" which is what was purchased for this move. The customer was provided info via e-mail that the ESTIMATE delivery date was 11/02/2013 (approximately 15 days) and not 5 to 7 days. The vehicle was delivered the customer on 11/04/2013. For customers who need their vehicle faster or by a specific date, DAS offers Guaranteed Delivery Date and Expedited Delivery. [ view ]
    Poster:Tamika
    Date:11/15/2013 2:32:00 PM
    Subject: Difficult Move
    Review:Transporting a SUV from Connecticut to Houston, TX was extremely difficult. We paid extra to guarantee the pick-up date for Oct. 16 and was told the ETA delivery date would be Oct. 31 (16 days). The vehicle was never traceable on the website so we ... [ More ]
    Response:We are sorry for our poor execution on your move. Although the delivery date is ESTIMATED, a vehicle arriving at destination 11 days past the ETA is not within our parameters of acceptability. In moving 80,000+ vehicles a year, there are times when a move does not go according to plan. We regret the inconvenience this caused. [ view ]
    Poster:Nancy
    Date:11/12/2013 11:11:00 AM
    Subject: Using DAS
    Review:I originally contracted with Alpine Transports. After four weeks, I paid in advance, the truck was still sitting at the sellers home. Their excuse was that it was in a remote location,which is not true. I then contracted with DAS and two days later t... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for using our service. We're glad to hear you had a positive experience and that we were able to help you out when another carrier let you down. [ view ]
    Poster:Ron Randall
    Date:11/8/2013 7:31:00 PM
    Subject: Transport from NJ to Maine
    Review:I would definitely use the services of Dependable Auto Shippers again and I can wholeheartedly recommend them. [ View ]
    Response:Thank you so much for choosing DAS for your auto shipment. We're thrilled to hear you had a positive experience and look forward to the opportunity to serve you in the future. [ view ]
    Poster:Ingrid S.
    Date:10/31/2013 4:44:00 PM
    Review:I would use DAS again to have my car transported. Went cross country at a reasonable price and was prompt and courteous. No damage on the car and they were very thorough. They washed the car at delivery, which was a nice touch. [ View ]
    Response:Thanks you so much for choosing DAS for your auto shipment. We're glad to hear you had a positive experience and look forward to the opportunity to serve you in the future. [ view ]
    Poster:Kay
    Date:10/28/2013 9:37:00 PM
    Subject: Great Car Shipper
    Review:We were very happy with DAS. The price was good & the service reliable. The men who picked up & delivered our car were very polite & efficient. We would definitely use DAS again! [ View ]
    Response:Thank you so much for using DAS for your recent shipment. We appreciate you sharing your feedback with the Transport Reviews audience and hope you will use us again in the future. [ view ]
    Poster:Katie
    Date:10/28/2013 8:07:00 PM
    Subject: Great service is sometimes hard to come by
    Review:BUT NOT IN THIS CASE - everything was done with high professionalism with no surprises. the car arrived in California a few days early and in great shape, As an example, they washed the car before turning over to us. I highly recommend [ View ]
    Response:Thank you so much for choosing DAS for your auto shipment. We're happy to hear you had a positive experience and appreciate you sharing your feedback here on Transport Reviews. [ view ]
    Poster:Patrick Donnelly
    Date:10/25/2013 12:04:00 PM
    Subject: Worst experience ever!
    Review:I used DAS terminal to terminal to ship my car from CA to FL. I was moving for college and my boyfriend and I did not have a lot of money to begin with. Long story short, we were told our car arrived in Fl and went to pick it up and it had not arri... [ More ]
    Response:We are so sorry to hear of your negative experience in using our service. DAS ships approximately 100,000 vehicles per year. Regrettably, there are rare occasions when a shipment does not go as planned. Through internal process review and listening to the feedback of our customers, we are constantly working to eliminate service failures that may effect each and every customer. Again, our sincerest apologies from all of us at DAS. [ view ]
    Poster:Melissa
    Date:10/23/2013 4:08:00 PM
    Subject: Burned two times, never again
    Review:I have used DAS twice over the last few years, and both times my cars arrived with severe undercarriage damage. Their contract clearly states they don't cover undercarriage damage - this should certainly be a red flag to anyone considering DAS to tra... [ More ]
    Response:We are sorry to hear of the difficulties you experienced during the shipment of your '94 Saturn. With regard to covering undercarriage damage: As a leader in the auto shipping industry, DAS works with a number of partner carriers. The overwhelming majority of those carriers also do not cover undercarriage damage and state that on their Bill of Lading. The primary reason for this industry practice is the inability to perform an undercarriage inspection at time up pick up to document any pre-existing damage. In most cases, the only undercarriage damage visible from the ground would be to the underside of bumpers/spoilers and rocker panels. In the case of this specific move, our origin inspection documents pre-existing damage to both front and rear bumpers and some minor damage to the driver's side rocker panel. Finally, we have taken the step to retrain the destination facility on this move to ensure they are following our process for customer inspection at time of delivery. We expect all of our service partners to give our customers ample opportunity to perform a fair inspection when receiving their vehicle. [ view ]
    Poster:JB
    Date:10/23/2013 10:40:00 AM
    Subject: Recommended service
    Review:I would recommend Terminal to terminal service. They ship the car foe me about 7 days ahead of the schedule. [ View ]
    Response:Thank you so much for using DAS for your vehicle move. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with the Transport Reviews audience and hope you will use us again in the future. [ view ]
    Poster:ARH
    Date:10/22/2013 4:16:00 PM
    Subject: Cross country transport
    Review:We used DAS after one of my fellow military spouses recommended them to me. Overall, I was very pleased with the service. From calling customer service to meeting with the truck driver upon delivery, everyone I spoke with was helpful and courteous. I... [ More ]
    Poster:Fern W.
    Date:10/22/2013 4:13:00 PM
    Subject: Car and Motorcycle Shipment
    Review:Had a car and motorcycle shipped. Car was shipped with no damage. The motorcycle arrived with damage to the front and rear fenders. Today nearly 6 weeks after filing claim and being told my claim was accepted, I am still waiting for the settlement... [ More ]
    Response:Our apologies for this oversight, Mr. Richardson. The check has been cut and mailed. [ view ]
    Poster:Leon Richardson
    Date:10/22/2013 2:57:00 PM
    Subject: Second time using DAS as my auto shipper
    Review:I utilized DAS this time on a terminal to terminal service. It was very easy to deal with them in every stage of the service from quoting all the way until picking-up my car at destination. I utilized DAS about 5 years but on a door to door service... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for using DAS for your recent auto transport. We appreciate you sharing your positive experience here on Transport Reviews and hope we'll have the opportunity to serve you again in the future. [ view ]
    Poster:H. Rivers
    Date:10/21/2013 11:15:00 PM
    Subject: Never Again
    Review:Shipped 4 cars this year and they damaged 3 of them. 2 were fairly new BMWs and an older Lexus. They all got scrapped on the bottom part of the side skirts. They will only reimburse 30% of the actual damage. Then hit you with an invisible $250 deduct... [ More ]
    Response:We are sorry to hear of your difficulties with our service. The order number included in your review is in reference to the shipment of a '97 Lexus from NJ to CA. Our notes on this move indicate the following: - The vehicle was delivered late and we have refunded a portion of your shipping costs as a service gesture. - You have reported a claim for a broken mirror, but have not yet submitted your estimates. Once submitted, our Claims team can move forward with processing your claim. - We have no notes regarding any missing items. Our pre-ship instructions ask that you remove all personal items from the vehicle prior to shipping to avoid and "he said/she said" regarding missing items. Like many companies, DAS maintains separate sales and service teams. Janice is a sales rep and her responsibility for order management is up until the vehicle is in our possession. Following that, our customer service group is available to assist. Our apologies for failing to properly communicate that. Finally, DAS strives to be as forthcoming as possible regarding the liability coverage on all shipments. The notification of the deductible is stated on the front of our Bill of Lading directly above the area where the customer signs when releasing a vehicle to us. It is written in 9 point bold print. [ view ]
    Poster:Don de los Reyes
    Date:10/18/2013 1:46:00 PM
    Subject: Outstanding
    Review:Outstanding and reliable service from the sales call, dispatch, delivery, and follow up. Would use again. [ View ]
    Response:We are happy to hear of your positive experience with our service and looking forward to taking care of you and your car in the future. [ view ]
    Poster:JB
    Date:10/17/2013 9:03:00 AM
    Subject: one car and one van move
    Review:i was looking around for the best possible rate and so many agents contacted me and then i contacted DAS as i have already availed their services twice before. And i got the best price from them who are the carriers. Their price is cheaper than the a... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for the positive review and we are glad we were able to meet your expectations again. [ view ]
    Poster:shubh
    Date:10/16/2013 8:52:00 PM
    Subject: Encinitas, CA to Austin, TX
    Review:Pick up time for my vehicle was on time at my home in Encinitas, CA. However, my vehicle did not get transported after a week at the El Cajon, CA terminal station. Transport time was approximately 4 days and the vehicle was again "stuck" ... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for taking the time to create a review. The transportation was delayed due to non-payment prior to shipping. [ view ]
    Poster:Reggie
    Date:10/16/2013 3:17:00 PM
    Subject: Dallas to South Florida transport
    Review:I was very dubious after reading some negative posts. However, the cost were lowest of all transport companies. Vehicle was available for delivery not in the 10 day to 2 weeks discussed, but in 5 days. It took me personally 3 days to drive my othe... [ More ]
    Poster:Stan K
    Date:10/15/2013 7:38:00 PM
    Subject: Tacoma Transport from CA to FL
    Review:Overall I had a pleasant experience with Dependable Auto Shippers. I take very good care of my truck and was a bit worried to watch it get shipped off across the country. It arrived exactly when they said it would and in the same condition as it was ... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. [ view ]
    Poster:Patrick
    Date:10/14/2013 11:02:00 AM
    Subject: NOT PLEASED
    Review:The guy at the drop off depot in El Cajon was very rude and unaccommodating. He said that they aren't even open on Saturdays. He just happened to be there. Drop off process took over 2 1/2 hours to complete. Poor communication between DAS and drop of... [ More ]
    Response:We have looked in to the issue and resolved it with the terminal. Thank you for taking the time to create a review,so we can create a better experience for our future customers. [ view ]
    Poster:Robert Smith
    Date:10/12/2013 10:00:00 AM
    Review:The was excellent, they do the job perfect as what i expected. I will recommend this company for their excellent job or service i'm very satisfied, they have excellent people too. Two thumbs up for DAS, thank you. [ View ]
    Response:Thank you for taking the time to post a review and we are glad we meet your expectations. [ view ]
    Poster:Wilfredo CruzThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:10/11/2013 3:27:00 PM
    Subject: LA to Boston
    Review:I shipped my car from LA to Boston and it took the minimum number of days to ship. The whole process was pretty easy. My only minor complaint is that my car was covered with bugs (must have been at the front of the truck) when it was dropped off. ... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for taking the time to create a a review. I am sorry we do not wash vehicles so we can offer a lower priced transportation cost to our customers. [ view ]
    Poster:C Johnson
    Date:10/10/2013 11:40:00 AM
    Subject: WILL NOT USE THEM AGAIN
    Review:One week after pick-up, I called Dependable Auto Shippers in Texas to find out when my car would be delivered to Illinois. They said that the transport vehicle had broken down and the car was being returned to Texas to be placed on another truck. Aft... [ More ]
    Response:The transportation time was 14 days the same that the contract stated when the move was booked. The unit was picked up on the 26th and delivered on the 9th. [ view ]
    Poster:Theresa
    Date:10/9/2013 3:53:00 PM
    Subject: Great Value
    Review:Minimum Hassle. On time (actually early). $400 cheaper and way better customer service than my other vehicle with a different "door-to-door" service. [ View ]
    Response:Sounds like you used a broker in the past. We offer a Curbside delivery so we can actually get to your door with a smaller truck instead of you meeting us at a nearby parking lot. Thank you for taking the time and posting a review. [ view ]
    Poster:LMayer
    Date:10/9/2013 1:19:00 PM
    Subject: Overall
    Review:More than half of the transport time spent in pick-up yard (9 days). Still got delivered before promised delivery date. Second time I have used them, would use again if needed. [ View ]
    Poster:Fred Coan
    Date:10/9/2013 1:05:00 PM
    Subject: WORST COMPANY - NEVER EVER USE THEM!!!
    Review:DELAYED DELIVERY,MISSED ETA(ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL) MORE THAN 3 TIMES,COMPENSATION REJECTED My car was picked up on 10th of September in Exton, PA for transporting to Englewood, CO. The car sat on DAS New Jersey terminal for 5 days. I was told it... [ More ]
    Poster:babun
    Date:10/4/2013 6:13:00 PM
    Subject: My Car Transport
    Review:I was very pleased with the service. I dropped off the car in Sparks, NV to D&S Towing who checked it over and was very professional. I was told the latest day the car would be in Illinois could be October 4; so imagine how impressed I was that... [ More ]
    Poster:Sandy Hall
    Date:10/4/2013 4:15:00 PM

Next Reviews on Dependable Auto Shippers

Dependable Auto Shippers Home | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11

A Towing.com Partner   An Auto Towing.com Partner
    Disclaimer: The reviews posted on this site are posted by persons that claim to be customers of the auto transport company that they are reviewing. Their opinions are theirs and theirs alone and do not represent the views and opinions of Valley Solutions, Inc., TransportReviews.com and Auto-Transport-Reviews.com. Visitors should not solely base their choice on these reviews. Companies and visitors are responsible for policing the reviews and alerting us to potential false reviews or reviews not posted by a real customer. To report misuse of this site please contact us.

© 2003-2014 TransportReviews.com and Auto-Transport-Reviews.com. All rights reserved.