View 151,286 Reviews on 3,568 Auto Transport Companies. Recently Ship A Vehicle? Add the 151,287th Review now!

Poster: Tom Briner
Date:11/5/2013 8:50:00 PM
Reviewed:United Road
Subject:Slow delivery, no communication
Review:Went with the low quote, 300 mile trip straight down highway 70, what could be easier. I was told the car would be picked up on a Thursday and delivered on Saturday. As Saturday came and went, there was no call or word on delivery. I got ahold of the gentleman I purchased vehicle from and he said it was picked up on Saturday, so obviously the delivery would not be there that day. Called United Road but were not open. Nothing Sunday. Called them Monday and they were surprised delivery was not made and "would find out and get back with me right away." No return call. I called them again on Tuesday and was told they had placed several calls with the driver with no answer. "Don't you thing this is a concern" I asked. No, not uncommon. They would for sure let me know later that day. Nothing. Called Wednesday, THEY STILL COULD NOT CONTACT THE DRIVER! Thursday I asked for his name and number but they would not supply it. Now six days into a 300 mile trip and no contact, I told them I would not wait any longer without taking action. They then gave me the drivers number. I called, no answer, and his voicemail was full. Called United Road back, they said they were in contact with him, and he had had truck problems. Hmm, don't you think if that was true that would be the first thing the driver would communicate with the agency and the customer instead of not answering calls and not returning messages? I relayed to Tiffany that I saw reviews (after payment) that others said they experienced the same excuses. At this point I am pretty pissed and told them so. Then miraculously, six days into this ordeal, I receive a call from the driver, all apologetic, he had truck troubles, etc. I asked why it took six days to call me instead of instantly, he had no answer. He promised me that my car would be delivered at 10:00 A.M. the next day. I took the day off work, stayed home waiting for delivery. What do you think happened? The day slipped away, no call, no communication. Called driver, no answer. Called United Road, they were all worried at this point. Did not hear anything until 7:15 P.M. from the driver. Of course delivery was made, in the dark, as seems to be their MO. Told Tiffany and Valari that I was extremely unhappy with service, took a day off work unnecessarily, and expected fair compensation in return. No offer. Poor customer service, poor delivery, no communication, no recommendation, period.

Response:Posted by a representative of United Road on 11/11/2013 12:28:00 PM
We regret this missed opportunity to give Mr. Briner an enjoyable experience while transporting his vehicle with United Road. While we disagree with some of the information the cusotmer provided, there was a substantial delay in receiving his vehicle. A refund was issued to the customer.
Tom Briner gave United Road a rating of: