View 150,811 Reviews on 3,564 Auto Transport Companies. Recently Ship A Vehicle? Add the 150,812th Review now!

Poster: Dayna G
Date:8/1/2013 3:34:00 PM
Reviewed:A1A Express Auto Shipping LLC
Subject:Negative experience with A1A Express Auto Shipping
Review:We hired A1A Shipping to transport a 2013 Ford Explorer from Long Island, NY to Los Angeles, CA. We requested 7/9/13 for pickup. After calling A1A & emailing A1A from 7/9 and that entire week, I finally spoke to an actual person on Thursday who told me the pick up would be probably Friday and also that our price increased due to the economy, gas, and because I made my reservation in May. Since when is someone penalized for being proactive and making a reservation early? I can see a spike in price if it was a last minute booking, but not when you book that far in advance. Our price increased $300 which I was very unhappy about. They knew they had us in a compromising position because I was flying out Sunday and had no other options to find a new company. He put me on hold and told me he found three $25 gift cards in which he would apply to the new increased price, but that still came in hundreds of dollars over what we were originally quoted. When Friday came, I called again and they said maybe Saturday. I finally heard from the driver (who does NOT work for A1A) on Sunday when he picked up the truck. I also had to drive to a location convenient for him, he did not come to my door. The driver than said, this is MUCH bigger than a 2012 model in which I stated, you have known all along it was a 2013. He then proceeded to tell me he was not starting his drive to CA until 7/17 and I would receive my truck ten days from that date. This was a completely different company than A1A. They must hire independent contractors. The driver gave me strict instructions to NOT call or text him at all during his drive and that he would call me when he arrived. He arrived on 7/24 and called for me to meet him at a different location than my house. We had to drive to meet him and extend our car rental another day. My biggest issue is the customer service at A1A. I spoke with Frank who was condescending and talked over me the entire time. He was rude and did not want to hear what I said or hear my complaints. I am a business owner and would never conduct myself in such a manner. Our truck arrived in fine condition but their was a strong odor of burnt tire. Today I received a call to see how the experience went and when I tried to explain myself, I was immediately transferred to Frank who continued to bully me and raise his voice and talk over me. Not once did he ever give me an opportunity to explain our situation, he just ranted on about having an A+ rating with the BBB (which they do not) and that they say they provide 75% of customers with their first choice in pick up dates. That was sadly not the case for us. We fell within the 5% range. I am a very practical and rational person who does not complain. I just felt it was important for others to hear our experience since it was so unfortunate.

Dayna G gave A1A Express Auto Shipping LLC a rating of:

Quote or Order ID:112762-uw

Origin:New York
Pickup:Late
Time from first available
date the vehicle was picked up:
Delivery:Late