View 148,154 Reviews on 3,534 Auto Transport Companies. Recently Ship A Vehicle? Add the 148,155th Review now!

Poster:LM
Date:3/7/2011 4:05:00 PM
Reviewed:M and N Horse Transport
Subject: Not good to horses
Review:I have used this company twice. The first time they loaded an animal that had foundered. It is against the rules to transport an animal that can't support its own weight. The shipper blamed the barn and the barn blamed the shipper. I believed their excuses at the time. I used them a second time (the last time) and they arrived from Ohio in only 4.5 days. I don't know how that was possible. Pulling a heavy trailer going that distance with the right amount of stops for the health and safety of the animals would have taken much longer. When they openened the trailer I took a video and saw 2 feet of manure built up against the door. They obviously drove straight through without stopping. THere was a husband and wife so I imagine they took turns. The horse had a popped splint and was thin. The barn blamed the shipper but I don't know for sure. The barn and the shipper are friends. I will never use either one of them as both experiences prove they are cruel to animals and only are interested in money. The trailer on the website does not look like that in person.

Response:Posted by a representative of M and N Horse Transport on 4/19/2011 12:25:00 PM
We have transported for this customer before and all went well. She wanted us to transport a pony that had a previous founder issue. While in transit with this pony, the pony was "sore" but not "truly foundered". We transported this pony per her request, as the pony was comfortable and able to withstand the transport. The second time we transported for this customer, the seller in OH must have sold her bad horses. We are only the transport company and can not take blame on what the customer buys sight un-seen, or what the seller sells the buyer. If the horse developed a splint on the trailer, then the horse would have been lame off the trailer at unloading, and that was not the case. We shipped for this customer months ago, and now they want to say several months later that there was a problem. THe horse was signed off as received in good condition, and we can not be held responsible that a "bad" horse was bought by the buyer and sold by the seller. We are just the transport company.
LM gave M and N Horse Transport a rating of: