View 148,467 Reviews on 3,538 Auto Transport Companies. Recently Ship A Vehicle? Add the 148,468th Review now!

Poster:Atik Lal
Date:8/22/2010 2:16:00 PM
Reviewed:1st Choice Shipping
Subject: Unpleasant Experience
Review:I called them to schedule the pickup of my car and completed all the paperwork to ship my car from Connecticut to California and then i never heard anything back for 2-3 days. I also called them and left a couple of voicemails to inquire when then car will be picked up. Finally the day after that i was able to get in touch with them and when i asked about the pickup, they mentioned that i am not paying enough for my car to get picked up. This was when their representative had quoted the rate which i accepted. I never tried to bargain or anything like that for the rate to have a bearing on the shipping of my car. I was told that the manager was working on it and the representative that quoted the rate was a new person and she quoted an incorrect rate. Plus they did not sound very assuring that the car would be shipped anytime soon, and this was all happening about a week after i had scheduled the pickup.
The only plus point i saw was they at least told me that they were willing to get the car shipped in the rate that was quoted and the manager is working on it. But that is their job and i don't think they were doing me any favors.
The quote and the new representative was not my problem and 1st Choice Shipping should have taken care about it but it looked like my car would never get shipped. While this was happening i was paying additional for the rental car as i did not expect the process to take this long.
I finally had to cancel the order as this was going no where and schedule with another shipping company. The fact that my car could not be shipped with the rate that the company quoted was the most absurd thing. To cut the long story short, this was a very unpleasant experience.
In future if i am shipping any of my vehicles then am definitely not going to contact 1st Choice Shipping.

Response:Posted by a representative of 1st Choice Shipping on 8/22/2010 4:53:00 PM
This industry depends on gas, prices, demand and whether your vehicle is in a popular route, along with many other factors. Our policy is after you place your order, if your vehicle does not move within 7 days, we start forfeiting our commission, until it is gone. That is exactly what happened with Mr. Lal's order, after seven days we took our commission from $150 to $75, but he canceled his order. We have a 99% success rate of moving vehicles within the week the order is placed.
Atik Lal gave 1st Choice Shipping a rating of: