View 153,890 Reviews on 3,614 Auto Transport Companies. Recently Ship A Vehicle? Add the 153,891th Review now!

Poster:
Date:
Reviewed:United Road
Subject:no responsibility for burnt clutch
Review:I placed an order with Autolog to transport my car from Rockville, MD to Boise, ID. My car was delivered at 1 AM with a burnt clutch. The truck driver worked for United Auto rather than Autolog. When I called Autolog with my complaint, they told me to file a claim with United Road.
United Road denied the claim on basis of a burnt clutch being a mechanical failure.
So there, my complaint:
-bait and switch advertising on behalf of Autolog (they are highly rated by BBB and should have been handling my car)
-delivery late at night
-burnt clutch
-they have no idea about who drove my car for 9 miles and why (odometer reading difference from drop-off to delivery)
-once money was paid and contract signed, sales rep was not returning my calls
- my complaint was denied
- poor communication by customer service

Obviously, not the case of you get what you pay for - their price quote was in the mid range.

Response:Posted by a representative of United Road on 6/26/2014 10:32:00 AM
We regret that Diana was not satisfied with the outcome of the claim that was filed. The vehicle that was transported is 12 years old Therefore the issue with customers vehicle was considered normal wear & tear for the age of the vehicle.

Terms and conditions were signed by Dianas husband which stated several times the order was booked thru our United Road division.

As noted on page 3 –section 10 of the United Road Single Unit Terms and Conditions:

Transporter shall not be liable for normal wear and/or tear; damages and/or losses directly and/or indirectly related to mechanical malfunctions.

Also, the mileage was not noted on the customer’s origin or destination inspections.

Diana gave United Road a rating of: