View 151,268 Reviews on 3,568 Auto Transport Companies. Recently Ship A Vehicle? Add the 151,269th Review now!

Poster: Nick C.
Date:12/16/2013 9:22:00 AM
Reviewed:United Road
Subject:Decent experience, but not perfect
Review:I have only two things to complain about.

First, when the car arrived it was extremely dirty. Was not able to inspect thoroughly because of how dirty it was. Any scrtaches or dents were not discoverable because of the layers of filth on the car. That is not totally unexpected transporting open carrier at the end of November, however, so I don't totally fault the company for this.

Second, the seller claims they placed a folder of service records in the car at departure. When the car arrived at my home, the service records were nowhere to be found. Driver said the records were under the seat (they were not). Called my transport rep at United Road and she was going to check with driver. Finally returned call and said driver had not seen anything in the car and did not move anything. I know the agreement says they assume no responsibility for items left inside the car during transport, but why would they remove a folder full of papers? Totally unacceptable. Now I have a 52k mile car with no service records. Either the transport company is lying or the dealer is, I just haven't figured out who yet.

The car was picked up and dropped off on the exact days that they told me that it would be. Communication was good. Price was quite good, as well, however, perhaps if I had paid more I would have my service records.

Overall, they get a 4 out of 5.

Nick C. gave United Road a rating of: