View 150,820 Reviews on 3,564 Auto Transport Companies. Recently Ship A Vehicle? Add the 150,821th Review now!

Poster:Newman
Date:2/3/2011 10:30:00 PM
Reviewed:Magic Carpet Auto Transport
Subject: The dispatch told me it was MY FAULT the truck was late picking up my car
Review:I originally scheduled the transport one month early. However, I had to call back to get a confirmation email on the quote because it never arrived. The car was picked up one day later than scheduled and I did not receive a phone call to tell me this until a day before. On the day of pickup, the driver refused to pick up at my house, did not show up to the arranged parking lot at the correct time and then would not answer his phone. After trying to contact the driver for about 45 minutes, I called Magic Carpet and was told that all of this was my fault because I had not called him earlier. Because I was flying out, I eventually had to leave my car with my mechanic to be picked up. Overall the car was picked up 29 hours later than originally intended.
I had to arrange for the car to be delivered to a friend at the destination. Magic Carpet told me the car would be delivered around Dec. 23rd. However, I got a call around 5:30 pm on the 20th saying that it would be delivered in an hour, which only gave me a short period of time to wire money. Finally, the driver refused to drop it at my friends' house and made them meet him in a new parking lot. It was a very stressful situation and it was not an easy process. I would not recommend Magic Carpet.

Response:Posted by a representative of Magic Carpet Auto Transport on 2/4/2011 3:11:00 PM
Hi Bonna, we do everything we can to pick up on-time. This route had some mechanical issues with Hydraulic lines and we just got behind on schedule. Thanks for the review, Best Wishes, Trevon
Newman gave Magic Carpet Auto Transport a rating of: