View 167,319 Reviews on 3,787 Auto Transport Companies. Recently Ship A Vehicle? Add the 167,320th Review now!

View Ship a Car Direct's New Profile

Ship a Car Direct
866-221-1664 - Los Angeles, CA 91602
Phone Number:866-221-1664 No Deposit Up Front
Secondary Phone Number:818-824-8100
Website:http://www.shipacardirect.com/car-shipping-rates.php
Time On Site:7 Years, 6 Months. Since 2/21/2008
Other Names:
(using or used this MC number)
Honesty First Auto Transport Inc. | Safe-Direct Car Shipping |

The #1 thing that separates us from ALL others is that we back our rigorously PRE-SCREENED carriers with $500 in FREE Gap Coverage. We're the ONLY company that offers this. (BUT it's the Peace of Mind of avoiding the carriers on our *BLACKLIST* that's the REAL Benefit). Out of 7500+ carriers available, we DO NOT USE 75% of them, because they do not meet our demanding standards... and your high expectations. It's the way we can provide you with the guarantees you desire: The industry's only "Damage Free or We Pay You" Guarantee, Door-to-Door delivery, and 100% Insurance, all with NO UPFRONT DEPOSIT required. The fact that you are here shows that you care about quality as much as we do. This is a great site and should prove extremely useful in making your decision as well as avoiding common problems. Our advice is to start by reading the bad reviews. You can learn a lot from another person's problems as well as get a feel for the company based on their response. All of our reviews are directly from real customers. Some shared their experience from the kindness of their hearts, some in return for an incentive and some because we threatened to share their freshman HS yearbook photo. (okay, 1 of those reasons isn't really true). Click the link above to visit our website and get a FREE ONLINE ESTIMATE. You only share your personal info when you're ready to move forward. We also have great USER VIDEOS, helpful FAQs and glowing Testimonials. Get a Quote today!
Have your own experience with Ship a Car Direct to share?

Ship a Car Direct reports that they have an average of 10000 customers per year. Currently, this site has 2068 reviews posted by individual customers for the past 365 days. So approximately 20.68% of Ship a Car Direct customers have posted a review.

This means that 79.32% percent of their customerís opinions are not represented on this site.
    Next Reviews on Ship a Car Direct
    Subject: Reliable Service
    Review:I was very hesitant to use any of the car transportation review after reading the mixes reviews about car transportation companies. But the first thing "Ship a Car Direct" did was to earn my trust by assuring the best service and a guarante... [ More ]
    Poster:Sankar
    Date:8/3/2015 3:49:00 AM
    Subject: Car transport
    Review:Angela at "Ship A Car Direct" was a great person to deal with. I was sent notifications daily from a quote , to the carrier assigned. The E-mails didn't stop there. Within the few short days from start to finish I was sent information abo... [ More ]
    Poster:Michelle
    Date:8/2/2015 10:00:00 PM
    Subject: private auto transport
    Review:Our experience with the company was all around excellent. The whole process proceeded very quickly, and we were kept informed every step of the way. Also, a lot of useful information about shipping cars was e-mailed that answered all of our questio... [ More ]
    Poster:Judy MennonnaThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:8/2/2015 7:47:00 PM
    Subject: some comments
    Review:mhm~~~ overall it is good. I mean, from requesting a quote to being contacted by an agent to pick up the car to deliver the car, honestly it is basically hassle free; they take care of everything, and just need to call you a couple of times for t... [ More ]
    Poster:Jiabin ChenThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:8/2/2015 7:10:00 PM
    Subject: They got the job done
    Review:Positives: Good rate and easy to communicate. David and the website were very helpful in explain the procedures and what to expect during the process. Negatives: Maybe this is will all shipping brokers, but I do not like that the carrier company is ... [ More ]
    Poster:F. RandellThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:8/2/2015 6:16:00 PM
    Subject: Great customer service
    Review:The originally carrier we were scheduled with called us a day before we were moving to say that he couldn't arrive until the next day. Since our flights were in the morning, the driver asked us to just hide the keys so he could pick it up later in th... [ More ]
    Poster:Liz
    Date:8/2/2015 4:47:00 PM
    Subject: Ship A Car Direct
    Review:Shipped two cars from a smaller city in California to Ohio. David found a shipper willing to transport the vehicles down to Los Angeles on a transporter, where they were consolidated onto a larger transporter then on to Ohio. David was up front wit... [ More ]
    Poster:Joe S
    Date:8/2/2015 12:41:00 AM
    Subject: ship my car across US
    Review:When I first went online to find a shipping company for my car I was overwhelmed by responses. I researched and read review after review. It was pretty scary trusting my vehicle to be shipped from California back to Connecticut. I than found Tom at... [ More ]
    Response:Glad it went smoothly! Thanks for the great review, Lisa! [ view ]
    Poster:Lisa D
    Date:8/1/2015 12:04:00 AM
    Subject: Minor issue
    Review:Emily, the broker, was very attentive and responsive in lining up the transport. The only issue we had was with the carrier itself who seemed unable to determine in advance whether he could both pick-up and deliver the car at residential addresses. ... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for your positive review, John! Yes, a carrier will try to deliver to your address unless it's on a steep hill or a tight cul-de-sac or low hanging trees. There isn't always a way for a carrier to guarantee in advance whether or not there are obstacles, sometimes they arrive to find they'll have to meet you down the road at a local parking lot. Sorry about that! [ view ]
    Poster:John C
    Date:7/31/2015 10:07:00 PM
    Subject: Overall pleased
    Review:Ship a Car Direct was good to work with. The driver of the transport did not communicate very well. He was very good at checking the car over and making note of all of the areas of concern. [ View ]
    Poster:Tom
    Date:7/31/2015 7:34:00 PM
    Subject: Car Shipment Review - Oregon to NY
    Review:Shipped a car across country due to relocation. The website is informative and provides all necessary information (which is then confirmed by broker representative) needed to prepare for shipping the car. Communication with broker was helpful and h... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the great review! And good tip about the air vents! [ view ]
    Poster:B HibbardThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/31/2015 7:12:00 PM
    Subject: use this company
    Review:overall my experience is good. my car doesn't have any damages. Scott was helpful. the quote was reasonable. but the carrier TFI TRANS has a bad attitude, they even got me a $63 parking ticket. [ View ]
    Response:Thanks for your positive feedback, Yuyi! Sorry the carrier had a bad attitude -we are following up with them on our end. [ view ]
    Poster:yuyi zhao
    Date:7/31/2015 6:33:00 PM
    Subject: Happy with experience
    Review:This company was helpful and delivered my vehicle on time and in good condition. I was pleased that I regularly received email to update me on what was happening in the process and I was not inundated with phone calls as I prefer email. [ View ]
    Response:Glad the email updates were good for you! Thanks for the five star feedback, Jen! [ view ]
    Poster:Jen
    Date:7/31/2015 3:50:00 PM
    Subject: Hot rod car transport
    Review:The whole experience was top notch, from the quote to the drop off of the vehicle. Matt my contact person made things happen and the truck and drivers were awesome. The drivers picked up car from California and three days later it was in Virginia... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the top notch review, James! Glad to hear the drivers were awesome! [ view ]
    Poster:James JohnstonThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/31/2015 12:50:00 PM
    Review:Ship a car direct was a great company to work with. My vehilce was picked up and dropped off all on schedule and as promised. Emily told me exactly what would happen and everything fell right into place. I will use them again and would tell others to... [ More ]
    Response:Glad it all unfolded just as Emily said! Thanks for the awesome review, Rodney! [ view ]
    Poster:Rodney
    Date:7/31/2015 11:02:00 AM
    Subject: Good service experience
    Review:When I decided to transport my car from Cleveland to San Francisco, I was overwhelmed by the task 'cause I've no idea about the car transportation industry and all those brokers let alone the carriers. Then I did a little homework on transport review... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for positive review, Florence! Yes, you'll have to wash your car after delivery! [ view ]
    Poster:Florence17
    Date:7/31/2015 4:53:00 AM
    Review:I was looking for a carrier that was professional and was able to take care of my car move from MA to CA. I found this shipper online and it was a great choice. Please note that I was in touch with other shippers and they would keep changing their pr... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the positive feedback, Saurabh! We prefer transparency too! Happy to keep you informed! [ view ]
    Poster:Saurabh MahapatraThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/30/2015 11:24:00 PM
    Subject: Excellent service
    Review:After reading about auto transport companies I was very concerned. I did my reasearch and found two companies I was considering. Ship a car was my choice because of Emily. She always followed up quickly and was sensitive to my concerns Mike was the... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the awesome review and the repeat business, Yvonne! We're always happy to address concerns! [ view ]
    Poster:Yvonne
    Date:7/30/2015 8:34:00 PM
    Subject: Exceptional first time experience with Ship a Car Direct
    Review:This is my first time transport the car, which is 2012 Nissan Rouge. I was worried about the whole process as it is first time and I have a very limited window for car to pickup and delivery. Ship A Car Direct is so great and guide me through the pro... [ More ]
    Response:Glad the process was smooth and worry-free! Thanks for the exceptional review! [ view ]
    Poster:Yang Liu
    Date:7/30/2015 6:38:00 PM
    Subject: Transport Experience
    Review:We had a great experience in transporting my daughter's car from New Jersey to California. The process with Ship a Car Direct was straemlined and very easy. Matt kept us nformed with every step a long the way and was helpful in explaing the process... [ More ]
    Response:Glad to keep it easy for you and your daughter! Thanks for the great review, Frank! [ view ]
    Poster:Frank CorradoThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/30/2015 3:59:00 PM
    Review:I called and spoke with Dale on Tuesday. Car was picked up on Thursday, delivered on Friday. The final cost was 100 dollars less than quote. Dale did a great job of helping me understand the process and keeping me informed through out. It was one... [ More ]
    Response:Glad it was so easy for you! Thanks for the five star feedback, Ken! [ view ]
    Poster:Ken Smith
    Date:7/30/2015 2:14:00 PM
    Subject: Outstanding Service
    Review:As a first-time vehicle transport user, I had no idea what to expect. David at Ship-A-Car-Direct did a wonderful job returning phone calls and responding to emails, answering all questions in a timely manner. As a broker, I believe David at Ship a Ca... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the outstanding review, David! Glad to hear your first transport experience was a great one! [ view ]
    Poster:David
    Date:7/30/2015 1:41:00 PM
    Subject: As good as shipping a car 3k miles could possibly be
    Review:I shipped my car from Phoenix to Philadelphia with the help of Ship a Car Direct. They were timely in their responses and had a person assigned to my move, with whom I exclusively worked. She was lovely and so helpful to make the whole process as sea... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the lovely review, Liz! Great to hear it was seamless! [ view ]
    Poster:Liz Andrade
    Date:7/30/2015 1:12:00 PM
    Subject: How to Drive a Challenger
    Review:I would definitely use this company again. The price from Virginia to Ohio was more than reasonable for the distance. The driver was hours later than his original estimated time but was with in reason. It is understandable that traffic will slow the ... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the amazing review, Gabe! Always happy to help - glad the driver was extra helpful! [ view ]
    Poster:Gabe
    Date:7/30/2015 2:19:00 AM
    Subject: Auto transport experience
    Review:We dealt with Tom from Ship A Car Direct. He was professional, straightforward and easy to work with. Their auto transport process was clearly explained through phone calls, emails and easy to watch, quick videos. The actual transport of our auto wen... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the five star review, Larry! Happy to keep it easy for you! [ view ]
    Poster:Larry Perletz
    Date:7/29/2015 11:11:00 PM
    Subject: On Time, No Damage, Definitely Recommend!
    Review:Ship-a-car-direct was the only straightforward process in my cross country move (Chicago to LA). Emily was my direct contact and put me in touch directly with the driver - I don't recall his name but he was very easy to connect with via cell phone. I... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you so much for the amazing review, Jessica! Glad to keep our part smooth and easy for you! (Sorry we couldn't help you with your household goods, though!) [ view ]
    Poster:Jessica
    Date:7/29/2015 11:10:00 PM
    Review:Stefan provided great service and was the only broker out of three that I was comparing that took the time to call me and explain how the estimate was arrived at. Also videos on the Ship A Car Direct site are very informative & helpful.also the e... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks so much for the positive review! Always happy to explain the industry and the shipping process! [ view ]
    Poster:K. MaddenThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/29/2015 7:53:00 PM
    Subject: Very Satisfied
    Review:When you have to ship a vehicle it can be be nerve racking because you don't know who to use, will your car be delivered, and without damage. When I found Ship a Car Direct and started reading about them, I started feeling a lot better. The videos ... [ More ]
    Response:Glad the videos were helpful! Thanks for the positive review! [ view ]
    Poster:Happy CustomerThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/29/2015 6:22:00 PM
    Subject: Everything was so easy!
    Review:I was concerned about shipping my car from PA to Vegas but Ship a Car Direct made it so easy. I gave Tom a few dates and right before the first day he called me with information on my car getting picked up. Mike from Aledi Transport met me at a parki... [ More ]
    Response:Always happy to keep in touch throughout! Thanks for the five star recommendation, Judy! [ view ]
    Poster:Judy V.This reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/29/2015 4:41:00 PM
    Subject: Money transfer
    Review:I was driving my other car across country at the same time my vehicle was being shipped. The truck beat me to the destination and it was painless to aol Gabe the vehicle delivered to a friend and payment made via bank transfer. I thought this was s... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the great review, James! Glad to make the transfer painless for you! [ view ]
    Poster:james BergeronThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/29/2015 2:25:00 PM
    Subject: transportation review
    Review:The entire process was smooth. I was able to stay in touch with Tom and the driver melt me informed. My var was in the same condition when I received it as it was when it was picked op. The driver was friendly and berg organized in the process. J wou... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks so much, Carla! Great to hear it was smooth for you! [ view ]
    Poster:Carla Gayheart
    Date:7/29/2015 1:02:00 PM
    Subject: Great Experience!!
    Review:Gaby with Ship a Car Direct was super helpful, kind, knowledgeable and a joy to speak with when we needed to talk. She helped me recover when one of the shippers backed out of the arrangement by finding me another shipper. The shipper I got was a s... [ More ]
    Response:Glad it was a great experience for you, Steve! Thanks for the awesome review! [ view ]
    Poster:Steve K
    Date:7/29/2015 3:12:00 AM
    Review:Service was very timely, professional and delivery was extremely quick. Is it turned out, the timing of everything could not have worked better for us at any price. I would absolutely use Ship a Car Direct again, without a second thought. [ View ]
    Response:Happy to keep it quick and professional for you, Jason! Thanks for the great review! [ view ]
    Poster:JasonThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/29/2015 2:40:00 AM
    Subject: transporting my car
    Review:okso this was my second time with ship a car direct, and yet again these guys prove to be an excellent choice.... the pick up was on time and the delivery was also on time... the trucker only took $50 for my loads and loads of stuff which was on the ... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the great review and the repeat business, Huda! We are ready to move the next one for you whenever you are! ;) [ view ]
    Poster:huda saiyedThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/28/2015 8:46:00 PM
    Subject: Loved the service!
    Review:Moved my car from Boston to Los Angeles. After reading all the horror stories online, was ready to expect the worst. However, Matt at Ship a Car Direct was very helpful - it really sounded like they have the whole process down. I knew what to expect,... [ More ]
    Response:Glad you loved the service, Stan! Thanks for the feedback - always happy to explain the process! [ view ]
    Poster:Stan
    Date:7/28/2015 8:40:00 PM
    Subject: Great service start to finish
    Review:I had contacted and reviewed several other companies before deciding on Ship-A-Car Direct. They had the greatest and highest customer reviews that helped me to feel confident in choosing them. David assisted me from start to finish in arranging for a... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the great review Bonnie! There are horror stories out there and there is also misinformation out there - we love to help clear it up for you! [ view ]
    Poster:BonnieThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/28/2015 7:07:00 PM
    Subject: Ford F-150 CA to VA
    Review:I chose this company because of all the great reviews. This was my first time shipping my car across the country so I was very obliged to pay a little more (an honest fair price) in order to deal with a company that would insure everything AND had a ... [ More ]
    Response:Happy to delivery quick and safe! Thanks for the great review, Garrett! [ view ]
    Poster:GarrettThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/28/2015 4:27:00 PM
    Subject: Ship a car direct did great!
    Review:Tom did a great job making sure my bid was taken. The first carrier decided not to pick up the vehicle when they said they were coming a day early and i was unavailable. Tom quickly found another carrier and ensured my car was picked up quickly and ... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the 5 star recommendation, Mary Ann! Glad it was really easy for you! [ view ]
    Poster:Mary Ann
    Date:7/28/2015 2:15:00 AM
    Subject: Got the job done
    Review:The process went relatively smoothly. Correspondence with Ship A Car Direct was usually informative and easy to communicate with. The driver I was assigned could have been better though. There was nothing too major but he was a little irritating to w... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for your feedback, Tony. Glad we were easy to deal with! Sorry your driver was a little irritating. [ view ]
    Poster:Tony RThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/28/2015 1:44:00 AM
    Subject: Got the job done
    Date:7/28/2015 1:44:00 AM
    Review:I had a wonderful experience with ship a car direct. Emily was wonderful, dealing with her helped take the worry out of having my vehicles transported from state to state. [ View ]
    Response:Thanks for the wonderful review, Shanese! Happy to hear it was worry-free! [ view ]
    Poster:Shanese N Brown
    Date:7/28/2015 1:03:00 AM
    Subject: Review Ship Direct
    Review:Matt was very responsive and found a carrier with less than average notice of the need; price was reasonable and the car arrived without any need for repair. Process/paperwork for pick up and delivery was clear advising what I should do to ensure ad... [ More ]
    Response:Glad to be thorough! Thanks for the terrific review, Jane! [ view ]
    Poster:Jane Brown
    Date:7/27/2015 8:16:00 PM
    Subject: MA to CA Car Shipment
    Review:Ship a Car Direct was simple and easy to work with. They originally estimated that my car would arrive on the 10th and it got in 3 days earlier. Thank you for your help! [ View ]
    Response:Happy to keep it quick and easy! Thanks, Lily! [ view ]
    Poster:LilyThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/27/2015 6:49:00 PM
    Subject: Cross Country Transport
    Review:This is the second time we have used a transport company to move our BMW. I was a little hesitant this time because the first time took a lot longer than expected and it was just a new experience for us. I am so thankful that our car arrived in only... [ More ]
    Response:Glad this time was better than your other experience! Thanks for the positive feedback, Shari! [ view ]
    Poster:Shari T.This reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/27/2015 6:01:00 PM
    Subject: Acura from MN to AZ
    Review:After reading reviews on the car transport industry, I selected Ship A Car Direct. Even though the ratings were mostly positive, I still felt I was sending my car off with a hope and a prayer of getting it delivered on-time and without damage. Howe... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the positive review, Terri! Happy to exceed your expectations! [ view ]
    Poster:TerriThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/27/2015 5:43:00 PM
    Subject: excellent service
    Review:David at Ship-a-CarDirect was very helpful. We had a very tight timeline, and he was able to find us a carrier, that worked very hard to get our car picked up and delivered when we need it. We've shipped this car to/from different places in the cou... [ More ]
    Response:Happy to be helpful! Thanks for the great recommendation, Kevin! [ view ]
    Poster:KevinThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/27/2015 3:53:00 PM
    Subject: Regarding Car Delivery
    Review:Emily was so helpful to schedule a date for pickup and check with me once the delivery is made to make sure I received it and that it is in good condition. The delivery took only four days from AZ to GA. I appreciate their help and delivering t... [ More ]
    Response:Glad it was quick and safe for you! Thanks for the positive review, Kalyan! [ view ]
    Poster:kalyan chakravarthyThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/27/2015 3:26:00 PM
    Subject: Great Company!
    Review:This was my first time using an auto transportation service. Ship a car direct and the carrier company was absolutely great! Definitely would recommend and use again. I had to transport my bmw to Nevada from Washington. The driver was very quick, cam... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the great recommendation, Eric! Glad it was quick and safe for you! [ view ]
    Poster:Eric G.This reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/27/2015 7:23:00 AM
    Subject: Ship A Car Direct review
    Review:Shipping with Ship A Car Direct was a very easy and simple process. I had a very narrow window that I was available to ship the car in, but they were still able to find me a driver who would fit my schedule. My car was delivered a day late, but was i... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the great review, Jesse! Happy to keep it easy for you! [ view ]
    Poster:JesseThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/27/2015 3:09:00 AM
    Subject: Overall
    Review:My experience using Ship a Car Directly to move my car from California to Florida is excellent with the help of Stefan. After get quoting from them, Stefan kept contact with me about the available carriers and date. And also, their quote is the cheap... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the great review and the referral, Biling! Glad it was convenient for you! [ view ]
    Poster:Biling LiuThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/27/2015 2:35:00 AM

Next Reviews on Ship a Car Direct

Ship a Car Direct Home | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80