View 159,566 Reviews on 3,678 Auto Transport Companies. Recently Ship A Vehicle? Add the 159,567th Review now!

View Ship a Car Direct's New Profile

Ship a Car Direct
866-221-1664 - Los Angeles, CA 91602
Phone Number:866-221-1664 No Deposit Up Front
Secondary Phone Number:818-824-8100
Website:http://www.shipacardirect.com/car-shipping-rates.php
Time On Site:7 Years, 1 Month. Since 2/21/2008
Other Names:
(using or used this MC number)
Honesty First Auto Transport Inc. | Safe-Direct Car Shipping |

The #1 thing that separates us from ALL others is that we back our rigorously PRE-SCREENED carriers with $500 in FREE Gap Coverage. We're the ONLY company that offers this. (BUT it's the Peace of Mind of avoiding the carriers on our *BLACKLIST* that's the REAL Benefit). Out of 7500+ carriers available, we DO NOT USE 75% of them, because they do not meet our demanding standards... and your high expectations. It's the way we can provide you with the guarantees you desire: The industry's only "Damage Free or We Pay You" Guarantee, Door-to-Door delivery, and 100% Insurance, all with NO UPFRONT DEPOSIT required. The fact that you are here shows that you care about quality as much as we do. This is a great site and should prove extremely useful in making your decision as well as avoiding common problems. Our advice is to start by reading the bad reviews. You can learn a lot from another person's problems as well as get a feel for the company based on their response. All of our reviews are directly from real customers. Some shared their experience from the kindness of their hearts, some in return for an incentive and some because we threatened to share their freshman HS yearbook photo. (okay, 1 of those reasons isn't really true). Click the link above to visit our website and get a FREE ONLINE ESTIMATE. You only share your personal info when you're ready to move forward. We also have great USER VIDEOS, helpful FAQs and glowing Testimonials. Get a Quote today!
Have your own experience with Ship a Car Direct to share?

Ship a Car Direct reports that they have an average of 10000 customers per year. Currently, this site has 1652 reviews posted by individual customers for the past 365 days. So approximately 16.52% of Ship a Car Direct customers have posted a review.

This means that 83.48% percent of their customerís opinions are not represented on this site.
    Next Reviews on Ship a Car Direct
    Subject: Great company !
    Review:I had a great experience with ship a car direct. My agent emailed me all the details and answered all my questions even before I got a chance to ask them! Superb communication and ease with this company. I highly recommend them and would use them a... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for your great recommendation, Becca! Happy to be proactive answering your questions! [ view ]
    Poster:BeccaThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:3/31/2015 7:53:00 PM
    Subject: Transport from MN to TX
    Review:Matt was very helpful in assisting with getting my recently purchased car from MN to TX. As it was my first time transporting a car, I had a lot of questions. Matt was extremely patient and answered all of my questions promptly. [ View ]
    Response:Thanks for the positive review, Adrian! Always happy to explain the process to a first timer! [ view ]
    Poster:Adrian WatsonThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:3/31/2015 6:44:00 PM
    Subject: Easy process!
    Review:This was my first time transporting a vehicle. When I researched 3 top auto transport sites, Ship a Car Direct was the first to give me quotes for enclosed and open transport vehicles. David gave me the best price and he forwarded me useful informa... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the awesome recommendation, Erin! Happy to keep you in the loop throughout! [ view ]
    Poster:ErinThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:3/31/2015 6:26:00 PM
    Subject: Ship a car direct
    Review:My daughter is a student in Tampa and has been without a car for some time. A family vehicle became available and after much research I found ship a car direct on line. I contacted them on Saturday 3/14/15 they were very helpfull and positive about t... [ More ]
    Response:Happy to keep it worry-free for you and your daughter! Thanks for the terrific review, Don! [ view ]
    Poster:Don W
    Date:3/31/2015 6:13:00 PM
    Subject: Easy,professional transaction!!
    Review:Kay at Ship a Car Direct was so attentive, detailed & professional.great knowledge and customer service! Her replies were timely & thorough ...both phone & email. My assigned carrier, Global Trucking Solutions, was equally professional wi... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the amazing review, Gail! Great to hear your transport was smooth and easy! [ view ]
    Poster:Gail McCook
    Date:3/31/2015 5:38:00 PM
    Subject: EXCELLENT COMPANY!
    Review:My experience with this company has been absolutely wonderful. I chose them because of excellent reviews, and they did not disappoint me. From the beginning, with the quote, until the end, with the delivery, I was kept informed about what to expect a... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for the five star recommendation, Linda! So glad to hear that you had a wonderful transport experience! [ view ]
    Poster:Linda Luz
    Date:3/31/2015 4:56:00 PM
    Subject: Pleasant Experience
    Review:My car arrived sooner than I expected to, 6 days for across the whole country was quite impressive and at a reasonable rate of $875. The driver called me the day before to let me know when he would be in my area and kept me up to date when my car was... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the pleasant review, Karen! Happy to keep it quick and easy for you! [ view ]
    Poster:Karen
    Date:3/31/2015 4:13:00 PM
    Subject: Easy and worry free
    Review:We used Ship a Car Direct for our first car transportation relocating from San Diego to New Jersey. Jason answered all of our questions right away and made the process as simple as possible. We were given a carrier a week before our date requested an... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the five star feedback, Raz! Happy to keep your transport affordable, easy and worry-free! [ view ]
    Poster:RazThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:3/31/2015 2:19:00 PM
    Subject: Great service but Drivers can be sketchy
    Review:This is the second time I’ve used Ship A Car Direct and I will continue to go to them for my car shipping needs. Their service is great! The driver’s service can be a bit questionable but Ship A Car always is there to make things right.... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for your honest feedback, Tom! Sorry your driver said something so weird, we have made a note of it and are following up with the carrier. [ view ]
    Poster:TomThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:3/31/2015 2:56:00 AM
    Subject: My experince with Ship a Car Direct
    Review:Customer service of the Ship a Car Direct was excellent. After we create the quote it was checked by representative - Emily. She was constantly in contact with us by email and phone and answered on all our questions. Ship a Car Direct customer servi... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the great five star feedback, Tatyana! So happy to be helpful! [ view ]
    Poster:Tatyana VasinaThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:3/31/2015 12:30:00 AM
    Subject: Overall good experience
    Review:The carrier picked up my car on time and the drive was responsive regarding to inquiries. The car came here in reasonable condition considering the across country trip and crazy weather this winter. [ View ]
    Response:Thanks for the positive review, Jay! Glad it was a good experience! [ view ]
    Poster:JayThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:3/31/2015 12:12:00 AM
    Review:I highly recommend Ship a Car Direct, communication and service A+. My rep Dale was very professional and knowledgeable also driver Stan from INJ Inc. My car delivered from Georgia to California on time with no issues. [ View ]
    Response:Thank you for the high recommendation, Desiree! Happy to keep your move issue-free! [ view ]
    Poster:Desiree Schultz Gravelly
    Date:3/30/2015 10:20:00 PM
    Subject: great service
    Review:I am very happy with the company I chose, Ship a Car Direct. Professional and speedy service with great customer service. [ View ]
    Response:Happy to keep it quick and easy for you! Thanks, Wardell! [ view ]
    Poster:wardellThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:3/30/2015 6:42:00 PM
    Subject: Car delivery
    Review:Good experience. Everything straightforward. I had to chase the carrier for pickup and delivery estimated times, but other than that very easy. [ View ]
    Response:Thanks for the positive review, Chris! Glad it was good overall! [ view ]
    Poster:ChrisThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:3/30/2015 6:14:00 PM
    Subject: Knowledgeable and eager to help
    Review:Jason was such an asset to wok with. Not only did he want to provide wonderful customer experience but he also wanted to explain the whole process so as a customer id know what to expect. He wanted to hold my hand the whole process and he had such a ... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the great review, Elaine! So happy to make you feel welcome! [ view ]
    Poster:Elaine BergThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:3/30/2015 4:25:00 PM
    Subject: Florida to California Transport
    Review:Ship a Car Direct kept me informed every step of the way before and throughout the shipping process. Kay was my contact person and returned my calls and texts promptly with much consideration. They chose Bee Line Trucking for the Carrier and th... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the terrific review! So glad to put you at ease after the other folks made you uncomfortable. [ view ]
    Poster:MVThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:3/30/2015 3:23:00 PM
    Subject: Ship-A-Car-Direct A+
    Review:I worked with David from ship a car direct. He was exceptionally helpful. Very personable and always available for help during our transaction. Ship a car direct was amazing, I will definitely use them again. Kwik Trans was my carrier and were equall... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the amazing review, John! Happy to be helpful! [ view ]
    Poster:John CerutiThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:3/30/2015 1:09:00 PM
    Subject: Toyota Corolla goes coast to coast
    Review:We had not shipped a car before and was unsure how the process worked. I have heard stories about how they tell you one thing and do another(shipping companies). So we chose "ship a car direct"-David answered my questions and concerns l... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for your honest feedback! Always happy to answer questions! [ view ]
    Poster:417688-UHThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:3/30/2015 2:05:00 AM
    Subject: Truck Delivery
    Review:Communication and follow up after booking were excellent. Carrier was on time and kept me informed. [ View ]
    Response:Thanks for the five star star feedback, John! Happy to keep you informed! [ view ]
    Poster:John Matthews
    Date:3/29/2015 5:54:00 PM
    Subject: very pleased with my choice
    Review:after reading many horrible reviews and being inundated with text, phone and email offers that varied from 600 to 2800, i was about to not buy the car i wanted in boston to ship to california- - but after reading ship a car direct's reviews i decided... [ More ]
    Poster:mm
    Date:3/29/2015 2:17:00 AM
    Subject: Ship Car Direct review
    Review:I checked on line and Ship Car Direct came up first. It got a lot of good reviews so I decided to give them a shot. I got a quick response, a straight forward quote and a bunch of helpful links to videos that answered all my questions in advance. I a... [ More ]
    Poster:Jeff This reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:3/28/2015 6:37:00 PM
    Subject: Nice Drive
    Review:The driver is very friendly and experienced. He picked up my vehicle in time and checked my vehicle very carefully before departure. It was snowing in the northeastern area so the drive from GA to MA was much more difficult than expected. The drive... [ More ]
    Poster:VivianThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:3/28/2015 5:28:00 PM
    Subject: My experience with Ship a car Direct
    Review:The service was excellent. Matt was supper. John had extraordinary impressed me between the pick up and the delivery time. The communication was remarkable. In overall, the service from SHIP A CAR DIRECT was so great that I would proudly recommend an... [ More ]
    Poster:Thomas ToussaintThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:3/28/2015 4:25:00 PM
    Review:Would use them again. Don't get nervous about how close you get to pick up date before a carrier is assigned. Our car got picked up on the first day of the time frame window. The carrier called in plenty of time before the pickup and delivery, so we ... [ More ]
    Poster:DMR
    Date:3/28/2015 2:44:00 PM
    Subject: SHIP A CAR DIRECT - - GREAT!
    Review:At first, I was a little hesitant about shipping my car across the country from Texas to Maryland. I had never used a car shipping service. The entire process was foreign to me. I had researched a few companies before I decided to go with Ship A Car ... [ More ]
    Poster:T-DallasThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:3/28/2015 2:19:00 PM
    Subject: Car ship from San Diego to Denver
    Review:Company was generally responsive, kept in adequate email and/or phone contact. It took a few days longer to find a trucker but once the car was picked up all went quickly and smoothly. Car arrived in good condition at the time promised by the driv... [ More ]
    Poster:john crittendenThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:3/28/2015 2:44:00 AM
    Subject: Good service
    Review:The service was prompt and they kept me informed about the entire process all the time. They were active in responding back to my emails/calls. The car was delivered unharmed. [ View ]
    Poster:AnkitaThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:3/27/2015 11:32:00 PM
    Subject: Very Pleasant Experience
    Review:David was always available and willing to answer any questions I had. The price was more expensive than other carriers, but I believe it was worth it for the pleasant experience I had. My only comment is that my car was dropped off two days earlier t... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for the pleasant review, Sarah! You are right - shippers should give their representative any delivery restrictions (ie Do Not Deliver before this date) because drive times are estimates and can vary depending on weather, holiday traffic, etc. [ view ]
    Poster:Sarah K.This reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:3/27/2015 1:38:00 PM
    Subject: Auto transport
    Review:First of all, the price for transport was what attracted us. It was a good price compared to others. We also had great response from the company contact, Jason, who answered all of our questions in a timely manner. The actual company doing the de... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the great recommendation, David! Happy to keep it timely, safe and affordable for you! [ view ]
    Poster:David Jones
    Date:3/26/2015 9:30:00 PM
    Poster:David Jones
    Date:3/26/2015 9:27:00 PM
    Subject: Transport of Vehicle
    Review:Ship a Car Direct is outstanding! I had an excellent experience with from start to finish. Dale telephoned me immediately after filling out the initial form online. He explained in detail all the steps. Communicated verbally and via email throug... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the outstanding review, Michael! Always happy to thoroughly explain the process! [ view ]
    Poster:Michael
    Date:3/26/2015 4:19:00 PM
    Subject: The best decision we made
    Review:I will be using this company again for any of the cars being transported from Connecticut to Florida or vice versa. I just purchased my first car & was moving back to Connecticut & when we fell upon this company & we are so glad we did be... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks so much, Iliana! We are ready to help you move the next one! ;) [ view ]
    Poster:IlianaThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:3/26/2015 4:17:00 PM
    Subject: It was fine. But inconvenienced at the end.
    Review:I had never shipped a car before and I was moving cross country from California to Florida to start a new job. I was really scared of my car getting damaged or not receiving it on time. I requested my car to be picked up on Wednesday the 11th, and su... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for your honest feedback, Allison. Sorry your boyfriend was inconvenienced on delivery. Because construction areas are more accident-prone, cautious drivers may opt to meet nearby in an open safe area (like a mall parking lot) rather than risk unsafe unloading or conditions that might harm the vehicles on his rig - including yours. Thanks for understanding! [ view ]
    Poster:AllisonThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:3/26/2015 1:41:00 PM
    Subject: Car Transportation
    Review:The vehicle was shipped with in a couple of days. The driver called before delivery. There was no damage to the vehicle. All went well. Some of the emails from the broker went to spam so you will need to check if you missed any emails. [ View ]
    Poster:Guy
    Date:3/26/2015 11:21:00 AM
    Subject: Car shipping ship a car direct
    Review:David at Ship-a-car Direct contacted me initially within a day of a quote request. He answered my questions after I called the next day and agreed to step up the search for a long transport to a less-visited state (New Hampshire). Nevertheless he wa... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the awesome five star review! Happy to keep it pleasant and issue-free! [ view ]
    Poster:KL
    Date:3/26/2015 3:40:00 AM
    Review:It was an excellent experience. The car was picked up from California and delivered in Georgia on time. With regular updates directly with the driver, it was easy to track and get estimated delivery date. Overall a good experience. [ View ]
    Response:Thanks for the excellent review, Saurabh! Happy to keep you informed along the way! [ view ]
    Poster:Saurabh
    Date:3/26/2015 12:54:00 AM
    Subject: Ship a Car Direct
    Review:Ship a Car Direct was easy to work with and even helped me re-arrange plans when the car to be shipped needed unexpected last-minute work before shipping. Emily worked with the trucking companies and took care of all the logistics. The quoted price w... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the amazing review, David! Always happy to help troubleshoot when changes come up! [ view ]
    Poster:David D
    Date:3/25/2015 9:28:00 PM
    Subject: ship direct
    Review:Ship Direct was easy fast and reliable, Tom called several timesa to make sure things were on schedule would not hesitate to use them again.The carrier was on time, friendly and very professioal [ View ]
    Response:Thanks for the fantastic review, Michael! Happy to keep it quick and easy for you! [ view ]
    Poster:Michael
    Date:3/25/2015 6:52:00 PM
    Subject: Ship a Car Direct - Very Reliable, Friendly and Caring Transport Service
    Review:Very pleased with Ship a Car Direct transport service! Matt coordinated this move very well. We were well informed by emails from start to end. I never used a transport service before and was very concerned up until my car was picked up from Califor... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the five star feedback, Vishal! Happy to keep you well informed throughout your transport! [ view ]
    Poster:Vishal Saxena
    Date:3/25/2015 4:44:00 PM
    Subject: Transporting a car from Texas to Pa
    Review:I had a very good experience with the Ship a Car Direct company. Dave was very helpful finding a transporter and setting up the move. He sent me a lot of e-mails telling me what to expect and what to look for when car arrived. Truck driver Fernando w... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the positive feedback, Rusty! Happy to keep it simple for you! [ view ]
    Poster:RustyThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:3/25/2015 2:25:00 AM
    Subject: Excellent experience
    Review:I used services of Ship A Car direct for moving my car from Austin, TX to San Jose, CA. The overall experience was excellent, things were on time - both the pickup and delivery. The car reached the destination without damages. The pricing is also pre... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for your excellent review, Avinash! Happy to keep it safe and timely for you! [ view ]
    Poster:Avinash
    Date:3/24/2015 7:42:00 PM
    Subject: Auto Transporter
    Review:This is my first time shipping a car from one place to another and it wasn't a bad experience. The whole process was going smoothly. They found a carrier one day after I submitted the order; then the car was picked up the day after. It only took four... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for your positive feedback! Happy to hear your transport was quick and smooth! [ view ]
    Poster:Xianren LinThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:3/24/2015 7:24:00 PM
    Subject: 1968 F250 4x4
    Review:Took a while to get a driver assigned. Understandable given the out-of-the-way pickup location and size of the vehicle. Once a driver was assigned, everything went smoothly. Communication was good. Driver was very professional and no damage to veh... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the important feedback, Vince! You are right about large vehicles and out-of-the-way places taking a little bit longer for service. [ view ]
    Poster:VinceThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:3/24/2015 7:01:00 PM
    Subject: 1968 F250 4x4
    Date:3/24/2015 7:01:00 PM
    Subject: Shipment of Car from WA to VA
    Review:I recently had Ship a Car Direct transport my Saturn Ion from WA to VA and was very satisfied with the service. Matt was very knowledgeable and the process was so simple a caveman (me in this case) could do it. The carrier, Volk Transportation, w... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks so much for the super recommendation, Joe! Happy to keep it simple for the caveman and his pregnant wife! ;) [ view ]
    Poster:JoeThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:3/24/2015 6:44:00 PM
    Subject: Good experience with car
    Review:I had my daughter's car shipped from Arizona to Virginia. Very easy process and we were very pleased with the results. No problems to report and I have already referred them to another friend who has 2 cars to be shipped in the near future. [ View ]
    Response:Glad it was an easy experience, Dottie! Thanks for the referrals!! [ view ]
    Poster:Dottie Henson
    Date:3/24/2015 3:53:00 PM
    Subject: Honest service!
    Review:I'd definitely recommend contacting Dale at Ship a Car Direct. He was very helpful and patient with all my questions. Everything when according to plan. The car was covered in road salt when it arrived, but that's not at all surprising, considerin... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the awesome recommendation, Charles! You are so right about vehicles arriving dusty and/or salty after a cross-country trip! [ view ]
    Poster:CharlesBThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:3/24/2015 1:57:00 PM
    Subject: Auto transport
    Review:Friendly and knowledgeable staff and driver. Car delivery was delayed initially due to truck breaking down, but no issues with 2nd carrier assigned. [ View ]
    Response:Thanks Sharon! Glad it worked out in the end! [ view ]
    Poster:SharonThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:3/24/2015 1:46:00 PM
    Subject: On-Time, Clean Delivery
    Review:My car was delivered on time and was in exactly the same shape as when picked up. I got frequent, accurate updates while my car was in transit. [ View ]
    Response:Thank you for the positive review, Mohammad! Happy to keep you in the loop throughout your transport! [ view ]
    Poster:Mohammad KaramallyThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:3/23/2015 10:39:00 PM
    Subject: Transport of 2 vehicles from NV to FL
    Review:My cars received a carrier about 4 days before I was leaving for Florida. The carrier contacted me and was in Nevada the next day. He delivered my 2 vehicles to me in 5 days. The cars arrived dirty, but in good condition. Tom, my contact at Ship ... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the positive review, Christine! Happy to get it done for you! [ view ]
    Poster:Christine PhippsThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:3/23/2015 8:44:00 PM

Next Reviews on Ship a Car Direct

Ship a Car Direct Home | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74