View 153,921 Reviews on 3,614 Auto Transport Companies. Recently Ship A Vehicle? Add the 153,922th Review now!

View Ship a Car Direct's New Profile

Ship a Car Direct
866-221-1664 - Los Angeles, CA 91602
Phone Number:866-221-1664 No Deposit Up Front
Secondary Phone Number:818-824-8100
Website:http://www.shipacardirect.com
Time On Site:6 Years, 10 Months. Since 2/21/2008
Other Names:
(using or used this MC number)
Honesty First Auto Transport Inc. | Safe-Direct Car Shipping |

The #1 thing that separates us from ALL others is that we back our rigorously PRE-SCREENED carriers with $500 in FREE Gap Coverage. We're the ONLY company that offers this. (BUT it's the Peace of Mind of avoiding the carriers on our *BLACKLIST* that's the REAL Benefit). Out of 7500+ carriers available, we DO NOT USE 75% of them, because they do not meet our demanding standards... and your high expectations. It's the way we can provide you with the guarantees you desire: The industry's only "Damage Free or We Pay You" Guarantee, Door-to-Door delivery, and 100% Insurance, all with NO UPFRONT DEPOSIT required. The fact that you are here shows that you care about quality as much as we do. This is a great site and should prove extremely useful in making your decision as well as avoiding common problems. Our advice is to start by reading the bad reviews. You can learn a lot from another person's problems as well as get a feel for the company based on their response. All of our reviews are directly from our customers. Click the link above to visit our website and get a FREE ONLINE CUSTOM QUOTE, Tailor made to your specific situation. We also have great USER VIDEOS, helpful FAQs and glowing Testimonials. Get a Quote today!
Have your own experience with Ship a Car Direct to share?

Ship a Car Direct reports that they have an average of 10000 customers per year. Currently, this site has 1612 reviews posted by individual customers for the past 365 days. So approximately 16.12% of Ship a Car Direct customers have posted a review.

This means that 83.88% percent of their customerís opinions are not represented on this site.
    Next Reviews on Ship a Car Direct
    Subject: Great job
    Review:Very polite phone service and drivers at both ends of the trip. Car came out fast. Phone service helped me arrange an alternate pickup point 100 miles from my home that was still very convenient for me that saved me a lot of time and money. Great wor... [ More ]
    Poster:JonathanThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:12/19/2014 4:09:00 PM
    Subject: Great service and good value
    Review:I found ShipACarDirect online and priced around with a few others. My initial contact with Tom at the company was informative and helpful. We had a tight window to move the car during a time when capacity was tight. I was assured that the car woul... [ More ]
    Poster:Ken
    Date:12/19/2014 3:08:00 PM
    Subject: It went perfect
    Review:I was very skeptical to send my car, but the experience turned out to be great. The pick up and delivery was quick and on time. No issues. [ View ]
    Poster:AJ
    Date:12/19/2014 2:37:00 PM
    Review:I was very nervous about shipping my car - not only is it expensive (Porsche) but it's used for business (real estate). I did a lot of online research and read nothing but horrible reviews about most of the carriers you find when you do a google sea... [ More ]
    Poster:PeterThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:12/18/2014 8:59:00 PM
    Subject: Highly recommend
    Review:Ship-A-Car-Direct made moving my car an easy snap. They offer a great service that locates the shippers for you. This is my second time using Ship-A-Car-Direct, and I will definitely use them again. [ View ]
    Poster:Bruce A
    Date:12/18/2014 6:22:00 PM
    Subject: Attentive - pick up and delivered as promised
    Review:I worked with Jason at Ship a Car Direct to organize pickup of our two cars the week of Thanksgiving. He organized Ramaz Trans to pick up our cars. They picked up the cars a day late because of weather. Jason and the transporter kept in touch throu... [ More ]
    Poster:Peter Christian
    Date:12/18/2014 4:06:00 PM
    Subject: VEHICLE TRANSPORT
    Review:I WAS OFFERED A REBATE OF 30 DOLLARS TO FILL THIS OUT. I AM SO PLEASED WITH THE QUICK RESPONCE TIME AT A REALLY VALUED PRICING WITH UNQUESTIONABLE PROFESSIONALITY THAT I WOULD HAVE PROMOTED THIS COMPANY SIMPLY BECAUSE ITS THE BEST SERVICE I HAVE EVER... [ More ]
    Poster:steve gasawayThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:12/18/2014 2:58:00 PM
    Subject: Transport from California to Michigan
    Review:I had a car shipped from California to Michigan on an open carrier. Ship a car direct had mixed reviews on line, but I decided to proceed after reviewing their website and speaking with David. Everything was clear and the process was straightforwar... [ More ]
    Poster:401068-RQThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:12/18/2014 2:02:00 PM
    Subject: From Wisconsin to Texas
    Review:What I appreciated most about this company is the informative videos that were posted on youtube by the owner (Michael). It answered almost all the questions that I had (or anyone else could have had) while transporting a car. That goes a long way to... [ More ]
    Poster:Progyan
    Date:12/18/2014 11:06:00 AM
    Subject: As good as it gets
    Review:I really couldn't ask for anything better. Matt was as good as it gets. Stayed in contact through the entire process and the car was delivered by Alfa trucking earlier than stated. Great experience, car was delivered early and it was as smooth as ... [ More ]
    Poster:Bill G
    Date:12/18/2014 12:55:00 AM
    Review: I am more than happy with the service fair price and awesome people to work with . thanks tom and the driver was Ron great guys i surely recommend them [ View ]
    Poster:hugo
    Date:12/17/2014 9:26:00 PM
    Subject: Shipped Mercedes E63
    Review:Customer service and follow through was excellent. My vehicle also arrived early and was in the same perfect condition as when it left the dealership. Would definitely use this company again. [ View ]
    Poster:Robert R.
    Date:12/17/2014 7:23:00 PM
    Subject: Excellent Service and Experience
    Review:This was my first time transporting a vehicle and the experience went as close to perfect as can be expected. Pick up was a day late but I was told to give a time period of a couple of days in case this happened. My car is lowered with a body kit and... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for the great feedback - and the referrals! Glad to hear it was smooth for you! [ view ]
    Poster:B. GonzalesThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:12/17/2014 2:35:00 PM
    Subject: AZ to IN transport
    Review:This was my second time having Ship a Car complete a transport order and this time offered an improved experience. Matt was helpful, although the driver of the actual transport company, Arizona Transports, LLC did not arrive on time nor provide commu... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for the positive feedback and the repeat business, John. Sorry there was a mechanical delay, but glad it was resolved quickly! [ view ]
    Poster:John
    Date:12/17/2014 12:00:00 PM
    Subject: Feedback
    Review:This was the first time that I shipped a car and I was very skeptical. Initially I went to a website that put my e-mail address out there and I was contacted by numerous companies and I didn't feel comfortable with any of them. I decided to look ar... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the excellent feedback, Debbie! So glad to hear your first shipping experience was a great one! [ view ]
    Poster:Debbie MooreThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:12/17/2014 4:59:00 AM
    Subject: ShipACarDirect Review
    Review:This is the second time we have used Ship A Car Direct to move a car from one coast to another. In both cases the service was excellent, the drivers prompt and reliable. The price was very reasonable at $825 coast to coast. I have recommended them t... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the great recommendation and the repeat business! Happy to keep it timely and affordable for you! [ view ]
    Poster:J AngusThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:12/16/2014 12:18:00 PM
    Subject: Took the Worries out of cross country move
    Review:Matt was great to work with and really put us at ease with our cross country move. He answered my emails on a Sunday and communicated daily through email with us every step of the way. The carrier he chose was on time and even early by a day on deliv... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the fantastic review and the repeat business, Mike! Glad Matt put you at ease! [ view ]
    Poster:Mike Baillargeon
    Date:12/15/2014 11:42:00 PM
    Subject: Cross Country Car Transport
    Review:Transport pickup needed to happen at certain date and that did occur. Car was delivered on time and undamaged. David was helpful in making this transaction happen as required. Only negative was request by driver for extra $50 payment above agreed u... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the positive review, Michael! And it's a good point, pricing is a concern for many shippers. The thing is, there are many different indpendent carriers that serve your route and each independent carrier sets their own rates. We provide an estimate that is in the ballpark for confirming one of our terrific, pre-screened carriers. But not all carriers are constantly available, sometimes the only way to hit your preferred timing is to increase your offer. Hope that helps! [ view ]
    Poster:MichaelThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:12/15/2014 5:13:00 PM
    Subject: Car DAmage Not PAID For. They are LIARS!
    Review:Do not use Ship A Car Direct. This company uses FALSE ADVERTISING!!! They say on their website and in the email video they send to you that your shipment is 100% guaranteed to be damage free or they will pay. That’s a total lie! Ship A Car Dire... [ More ]
    Response:As the owner, I can assure anyone reading this that we are none of these things. I am sorry that Michelle is having a tough time, and I share her frustration. This carrier - Auto Transport Nationwide Corp out of Sunny isles, FL - is indeed dreadful and has been removed from our list. If you decide to go with one of our many competitors, you should be very wary and ask for a new carrier if they assign this carrier to you, but rest assured, they will never haul another car for us again. I pay thousands of dollars in damage claims to customers each year when carriers like this one fail to cover damage done at their hands. I can equally assure, none of our competitors do this. We have explained to Michelle what needs to be done to get our damage reimbursement and are merely waiting for her documentation. As for compensating customers only for giving us positive feedback, you need only look through the complaints on this site and count the number that received a rebate for leaving us their negative review. Out of the approximately 1000 vehicles we move each month, we always get 1 or two negative ones, and they receive the same rebate amount as anyone else. We will continue to help Michelle through this situation and assure it gets resolved, and perhaps she will come back here and confirm so when it is, but for now, just understand that having damage occur to your vehicle is rare, but VERY frustrating when it happens, so her anger is completely justified. Hang in there, Michelle, we are not lying to you nor stealing anything from you and will continue to work to get things resolved. [ view ]
    Poster:Michelle
    Date:12/15/2014 2:21:00 PM
    Review:I have used ship a car direct before. I received such excellent service I decided to use them again. I called and talked to Emily she was so nice and helpful. We settle on a day and the carrier arrived on that exact day. The problem was he would n... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for the feedback and the repeat business, Ona! Glad to hear Emily took good care of you! [ view ]
    Poster:Ona England
    Date:12/15/2014 1:34:00 PM
    Subject: Would recommend Tom from Ship A Car Direct
    Review:Tom from Ship a Car Direct was very knowledgeable. He stayed in contact with us throughout the whole process. The cost was slightly higher than other carriers, but due to his rating by others we decided to go with Ship A Car. We would not hesitate... [ More ]
    Poster:Ryan Linhart
    Date:12/15/2014 12:29:00 PM
    Subject: Overall experience
    Review:Matt is extremely knowledgeable and continued to assist me throughout the process. The Driver, Eugene was courteous when picking up the car. He took great care and time in preparing the car for transport. The entire team and process was well received... [ More ]
    Poster:Rick This reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:12/15/2014 10:09:00 AM
    Subject: Great service!!!
    Review:Would definitely recommend to my friends We made a last minute decision to ship our car so time was really a constraint for us. The coordinator understood our issue. He guided me through the process and scheduled the next day pick up for us. The dri... [ More ]
    Poster:Joyce This reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:12/14/2014 6:21:00 PM
    Subject: Overall Great Experience
    Review:I would definitely recommend using this company to transport their car. They were very honest and open and were always available to answer any of my questions or concerns. The car was picked up and dropped off early and the drivers were more than acc... [ More ]
    Poster:JamieThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:12/14/2014 4:05:00 PM
    Subject: On time and friendly service
    Review:My car came on time and undamaged. I used another company previously to ship from NY to CA and it was a nightmare. Matt was extremely helpful and ensured everything went smoothly. Would highly recommend this company. The only problem was that it wasn... [ More ]
    Poster:EvelynThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:12/14/2014 11:48:00 AM
    Subject: Good service
    Review:I move from Fishkill NY to Rochester NY. The overall experiecnce is good. They contact me very often to make sure everything is OK. Just give them a period of time to arrange the carrier. They will do their job to ship the car. [ View ]
    Poster:Karl
    Date:12/14/2014 9:17:00 AM
    Subject: Transport of 2009 Ford Fusion from SC to Calif
    Review:I spoke with Matt from Ship a Car Direct and filled out a Vehicle shipment Order Form on Friday 11/21/2014. My first available pick up date was Monday 11/24/2014 (This was Thanksgiving week) to pick up my 2009 Ford fusion from Bamberg, South Carolina... [ More ]
    Poster:Deloris Thomas
    Date:12/13/2014 9:52:00 PM
    Subject: Excellent Experiance
    Review:This is the second time I've used Ship a Car Direct within a one year period and I can say that I would use them again in the future should I have need to do so. Kay is a great person to work with and she was able to re-schedule my shipping dates due... [ More ]
    Poster:Rich H
    Date:12/13/2014 10:29:00 AM
    Subject: Next Time You Need To Move Your Car
    Review:then, call Emily....a wonderful experience and Emily made it all happen. Car was delivered on time in pristine condition with very personable drivers picking up and delivering the car. [ View ]
    Poster:Bruce Mackinney
    Date:12/12/2014 6:39:00 PM
    Subject: Review of Car transport service
    Review:Car was picked up at the time the driver told me, so didn't waste my time. Got to destination state very quickly, driver navigated the gated community well to make a timely delivery. The Driver made frequent contacts a few days before, and then mor... [ More ]
    Poster:Thomas L. Brown IIThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:12/12/2014 5:28:00 PM
    Subject: Ship A Car Direct
    Review:The company representative, Jason, was very professional and honest. He kept me well informed of the status of the vehicle pick up and delivery. Also, the transport drivers were extremely nice and helpful when picking up my car and delivering it to i... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the great feedback, Patrick! Sorry to hear you've had some bad experiences in the past, but glad you found us!! [ view ]
    Poster:Patrick LucarelliThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:12/12/2014 10:02:00 AM
    Subject: Good Service!
    Review:I found Dale's shipping company from Yelp.com. The rating is great so I tried to contact the company. Mr. Dale replies very quick and explained everything in detail. I called and asked a few questions after I compared a hand full of other car ship... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the great review Diana! Happy to keep you well informed throughout!! [ view ]
    Poster:DianaThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:12/11/2014 4:40:00 PM
    Subject: Fantastic! Highly Recommend Ship A Car Direct
    Review:I was extremely satisfied with Ship A Car Direct and would recommend them to anyone in need of an auto transport! I had been trying to road trip it from Chicago to Salt Lake City in my brand new 2014 Smart Car when it broke down... twice. After mu... [ More ]
    Response:We're so happy that you are so happy, Kaley! Glad we stood up to your homework - thanks for the fantastic review!! [ view ]
    Poster:Kaley V
    Date:12/10/2014 7:56:00 PM
    Subject: Great service, dedicated team!
    Review:I was nervous about shipping my car for the first time ever, but Adam at Ship A Car Direct made the process quick and painless. He was available to me at all times and even took the time to call me during the weekends to keep me posted on the status ... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks so much for the great review! We know it's nerve-wracking for first time shippers, glad to keep it quick and painless for you! [ view ]
    Poster:S. Momin
    Date:12/10/2014 3:24:00 PM
    Review:I was so lost of choosing which company to send my car...because there are too many websites about shipping cars. Then I got my friend who used Ship a Car Direct before recommend me this company. I called them like 12.3 around 9pm in the night, h... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks so much for the wonderful feedback, Nancy! Glad we stood up to the recommendation! [ view ]
    Poster:Nancy
    Date:12/10/2014 10:44:00 AM
    Subject: review
    Review:Matt was great. He always responded promptly to my questions, even on weekends! They picked up our car within three days of when we first contacted Matt and were on time to pick up our car. It was being shipped across the country and was delivered i... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks so much for the great review! Happy to keep it quick and safe for you! [ view ]
    Poster:SG
    Date:12/10/2014 8:50:00 AM
    Subject: Excellent service, they stayed on top of my shipment
    Review:Ever since I got the quote with Ship-A-Car Direct to ship my car from NY to California, they've been always personally following-up and making sure all my questions are answered. Their service is excellent and personal. I've very happy with them and ... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the excellent recommendation, Marko! We're so happy that you are very happy! [ view ]
    Poster:Marko PThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:12/9/2014 3:46:00 PM
    Subject: Florida to California
    Review:I had used AT123 to move my Honda Accord from the Los Angeles are to Puerto Rico. On transit the land/truck carrier did tremendous damage to the car. I fought with the Broker and Carrier for over one year and got nothing except insults and hang up... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the amazing feedback! Sorry to hear your last transport through a different company was so awful. Glad you found us - and David is ready to help you with your next move! [ view ]
    Poster:StuchaThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:12/9/2014 1:48:00 PM
    Subject: excellent
    Review:Driver was excellent!! went out of his way to get my sons very low car into the truck. He was very helpful and since my son is in the army and we were transporting his car to his army base it was an emotional time and he was very sympathetic to us. [ View ]
    Response:Thanks for the excellent review, Vanda! So happy to be helpful during a stressful time! [ view ]
    Poster:vanda fernandes
    Date:12/8/2014 4:28:00 PM
    Subject: Happy Customer
    Review:I would like to share my wonderful experience with Ship a Car direct, who helped me relocate my Honda CRV from Portland to North Carolina in the most fastest and smoothest way. Kay was my contact person from Ship a Car direct. She was able to provid... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the great recommendation, Deep! Glad to keep it quick and affordable for you! [ view ]
    Poster:DeepThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:12/8/2014 4:28:00 PM
    Subject: Fantastic Service, Prompt Delivery
    Review:Due to unfortunate circumstances on my drive from SF-San Diego after Thanksgiving, my car was left stranded at a Ford Dealership up in Fresno for a week. I do not know what I would have done without Ship a Car Direct/David. I was able to schedule a p... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the great recommendation, Madisson! Glad to keep it quick and kind for you!! [ view ]
    Poster:Madisson
    Date:12/8/2014 1:48:00 PM
    Review:Very pleased with excellent customer service, as well as promptness, courteousness and professionalism of driver. This shipment could not have gone any better. My classic car was well cared for and absolutely no damage to vehicle whatsoever. [ View ]
    Response:Thanks for the excellent review, Dale! Happy to take good care of your classic car! [ view ]
    Poster:Dale Dorgan
    Date:12/8/2014 12:27:00 PM
    Subject: Easy, informative, would recommend
    Review:We highly recommend using Ship a car direct. They were very informative, kept in touch, had all the qualifications and licensing along with a reasonable fee. We were going to ship my Dad's car to Colorado in August and went through the process of r... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the great recommendation, Susan! Happy to keep it quick and easy for you and your Dad! [ view ]
    Poster:SusanThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:12/8/2014 10:56:00 AM
    Subject: Ship A Car Direct Review
    Review:Had one primary contact throughout the process who kept me informed timely of the steps involved. I rate this company very highly. Gordon L. Cheniae [ View ]
    Response:Thanks for the great feedback, Gordon! Happy to keep you in the loop throughout! [ view ]
    Poster:Gordon CheniaeThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:12/8/2014 10:42:00 AM
    Subject: Car transport
    Review:This was my first time having my car shipped from one state to another. I called Ship a Car Direct and I talked to a fine representative called Tom. He took me step by step through the whole process. From the very beginning to the end( from Florida t... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the fabulous five star feedback, Carol! We are pleased that you are pleased! [ view ]
    Poster:Carol Karcz
    Date:12/5/2014 8:50:00 PM
    Subject: Out of state move
    Review:We scheduled our car to be picked up after we had already left it's pick up location. Arrangements were made to pick up the car from are assigned representatives. They even made arrangements to have it picked up after a certain time. Everything was... [ More ]
    Poster:Kristi Pinneo
    Date:12/5/2014 3:48:00 PM
    Subject: They met their commitments
    Review:This is my first experience in shipping my auto. I was uncomfortable about the entire process of shipping my car 3,000 miles from CA to FL. The presentation by Ship a Car Direct was impressive and informative so I took a chance. I was not disappointe... [ More ]
    Poster:david ZirkleThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:12/5/2014 2:20:00 PM
    Subject: My feedback of Ship a Car Direct
    Review:I had a great experience working with Ship a Car Direct and would recommend this company to anyone. It's to the reader's best judgement to decide which transport company to go with, but to me they have earned my trust and I will not hesitate to do bu... [ More ]
    Poster:Manas KThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:12/5/2014 2:14:00 PM
    Subject: Pontiac Solstice transport from MI to CA
    Review:I would highly recommend using Ship A Car Direct when seeking a car transporter co. Tom walked me through the entire process and was available to answer any questions. The company also provides video clips of tips on how your car is shipped, what t... [ More ]
    Poster:Michelle
    Date:12/5/2014 12:47:00 PM
    Subject: Return Customer
    Review:This is the second time I've transported a vehicle with Ship-a-Car Direct and would absolutely use them again. They contacted me multiple times during the process to make sure everything was lined up and I had no concerns, and were extremely helpful ... [ More ]
    Poster:JDThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:12/5/2014 11:02:00 AM

Next Reviews on Ship a Car Direct

Ship a Car Direct Home | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73