View 144,194 Reviews on 3,483 Auto Transport Companies. Recently Ship A Vehicle? Add the 144,195th Review now!
Direct Express Auto Transport
Location:321 San Anselmo Avenue
San Anselmo, CA 94960
Phone Number:800-600-3750
Website:
Time On Site:7 Years, 1 Month. Since 6/7/2007
Other Names:
(using or used this MC number)
All Pro Auto Transport |

Direct Express Auto Transport is one of the largest auto shipping brokers in America with over 10,000 vehicles shipped annually. Over 90% of Direct Express Auto Transport customer vehicles ship inside of one week. The small number of complaints relative to its huge size has everything to do with the professional care of the Customer Service team. While not perfect, they have an amazing record of success. Please keep that in mind when considering your next auto transport move.
Have your own experience with Direct Express Auto Transport to share?

Direct Express Auto Transport reports that they have an average of 10000 customers per year. Currently, this site has 196 reviews posted by individual customers for the past 365 days. So approximately 1.96% of Direct Express Auto Transport customers have posted a review.

This means that 98.04% percent of their customerís opinions are not represented on this site.
    Next Reviews on Direct Express Auto Transport
    Review:My experience was very professional. The car was picked and delivered on time, the driver communicated with me about his arrival in a timely manner. Off loading was easy and hassle free. Jenny has promised me a saugage pizza and an ice cream cone.... [ More ]
    Poster:Paul A
    Date:7/25/2014 12:44:00 PM
    Subject: Good Service and on Time
    Review:Direct Express and their carrier picked up my vehicle when requested and delivered it to my destination very quickly. Communication was great, and everything went as planned. Direct Express made it easy to move my vehicle across the country, and I ... [ More ]
    Poster:ChrisThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/25/2014 8:34:00 AM
    Review:I needed to transport an estate sale car from Virginia to Ohio, so I called Direct Express Auto Transport. The customer service representative was extremely helpful. I chose the 1-day pick up option and by 7:00 the next day the car was loaded on a be... [ More ]
    Poster:Kirk McHugh
    Date:7/25/2014 8:14:00 AM
    Subject: Overall good service
    Review:The pickup was done promptly. Delivery even on weekend. Careful inspection. The carrier is very friendly and polite. When contacting the service representative to request a pickup date change, it was done promptly. She was also very patient and helpe... [ More ]
    Poster:Edward DongBo CuiThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/24/2014 11:23:00 PM
    Subject: Cross Country Car Delivery
    Review:The driver picked up right on schedule, was professional in every way. I was very pleased with the delivery of my car. If I buy another car that needs delivery, I would certainly use Direct Auto Transport. [ View ]
    Poster:Bob ManorThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/24/2014 7:21:00 PM
    Subject: Great service and Great Driver
    Review:It was very easy to book a trip with Jenny and it went very seamless. The driver and the rig was top notch. This was the first time I have shipped a car and I would use them again. I am glad to share my experience with others that would like to find ... [ More ]
    Poster:R CassThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/24/2014 6:55:00 PM
    Subject: Transport Review
    Review:I was guoted a price that was cheaper than I could have driven there and back myself. The car showed up when they said it would, the driver called when he was near. It was painless, and a breeze. I'm recommending these guys 100%. I would recommend ... [ More ]
    Poster:Paul AThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/24/2014 2:31:00 PM
    Subject: Transportation from California to Texas
    Review:The transportation was quick and without any hassle. I like to keep things simple.................................................................................................................. [ View ]
    Poster:Juan d ocampoThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/24/2014 1:15:00 PM
    Subject: Delay in shipping
    Review:The original quote was actually lower than many other companies and the initial customer service was great. What was not disclosed was that there were 24 other cars in the same area waiting to get shipped and they could not give me a date of when th... [ More ]
    Poster:VicThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/24/2014 12:47:00 PM
    Review:This is my second time using Direct Express and both times worked out perfectly. Their price is reasonable and they arrive right when they say they will. [ View ]
    Poster:DeeyaThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/24/2014 12:34:00 PM
    Subject: good
    Review:My car was picked up on the first available day by the carrier, and they delivered one day before the scheduled drop off day, which was fine for me. the price was okay, compared with the rate I got from other places. Overall, it met my expectation of... [ More ]
    Poster:JosephThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/24/2014 12:23:00 PM
    Subject: Excellent service
    Review:We used Direct Auto Transport twice to move cars across country. The drivers were very nice both times. We got quotes from the moving companies, but it was 30 percent cheaper to schedule the transportation service directly. The office staff was ea... [ More ]
    Poster:Laura JThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/24/2014 12:02:00 PM
    Subject: Don't waste your time
    Review:Lost two weeks of leadtime that I could have been contracting with a company that would actually move my car. Once I canceled, I received an email that my full refund would be made to my account in about a week. Had to follow up multiple times and f... [ More ]
    Response:Our outstanding reputation and thousands of very satisfied customers speak for itself. We are sorry that customer Megan Lopresti is dissatisfied with the service. Sometimes it happens that a carrier is unavailable. We wish Ms. Lopresti lots of luck in all her future endeavors. [ view ]
    Poster:Megan LThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/24/2014 12:39:00 AM
    Subject: Direct Express Recomendation
    Review:3 transactions with company drivers have been courteous and friendly Door to door service. All on time No problems and lowest estimate [ View ]
    Poster:William NeppelThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/23/2014 10:38:00 PM
    Review:This was my second time having my car transported from coast to coast. They gave you a good reasonable price for the service that they offer. They did an awesome job with the service. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone. [ View ]
    Poster:R. Santillan
    Date:7/22/2014 3:41:00 PM
    Subject: Very good
    Review:Originally skeptical of using an auto transport service. Quote was competitive and service was exceptional. Excellent communication!!! Driver was great , let me know when he was close and was able to deliver the vehicle 100 yards from my door. [ View ]
    Poster:JeffThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/21/2014 8:00:00 PM
    Subject: PLYCAR Fine Car Transportation
    Review:This was my first time using a car transport service, so I was a little nervous. I asked Jenny alot of questions and she was very informative. My car move was assigned to PLYCAR. The truck showed up at the scheduled time for the pick-up and delivery... [ More ]
    Poster:FrankThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/21/2014 2:16:00 PM
    Subject: Move to PA
    Review:Recent move from Wisconsin to Pennsylvania, even though this was during prime shipping season and right after a holiday car was picked up and delivered with no issues. Customer Service was excellent as I called a few times and the responses were imme... [ More ]
    Poster:RickThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/21/2014 1:25:00 PM
    Subject: San Diego to Seattle
    Review:Bottom line my car was picked up and delivered safely - the primary objective was met. I was nervous about this upfront, so I was happy. It is a classic car in really good condition. The frustration I had with the process is the lack of communicat... [ More ]
    Poster:DeanThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/21/2014 10:56:00 AM
    Subject: delivery
    Review:The first driver that called only gave one hour notice so the owner said he needed more time, after that I waited several days. Not sure who caused the delay. [ View ]
    Poster:James L. BrumfieldThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/19/2014 9:48:00 AM
    Subject: My Impression of Service.
    Review:The pick up time was convenient and accurate within 30 minutes. Driver called three times during his trip to inform as to where he was now and when should we expect delivery. he called a few hours before and an hour before delivery. It was very speed... [ More ]
    Poster:Iqbal Khan
    Date:7/18/2014 2:38:00 PM
    Subject: Thank you, Direct Express!
    Review:Direct Express does all the work for you. They keep track of automobile transporting rates all over the country, quote you a reasonable price, and then put your moving request out to people with car transport trucks. This way you don't have to call... [ More ]
    Poster:DannaThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/18/2014 12:30:00 PM
    Subject: Experience with company
    Review:Have used your company several times in the past, have recommended you to some of my customers or friends to contact you directly to use your service. i [ View ]
    Poster:MELANIEThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/18/2014 11:24:00 AM
    Subject: Reliable and Consistent Service
    Review:We have used this service at least THREE times and have had no real issues at all. We will use again, especially because of the last experience and the trucker contact we were given! The trucker arrived from FL to CA earlier than expected but, unfort... [ More ]
    Poster:EduBThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/17/2014 2:10:00 PM
    Subject: Nice Service
    Review:Fast delivery and respond the answer. There are no hidden fee. The price is reasonable. Only three days from Texas to New Jersey. I will use this company again. [ View ]
    Poster:ryanThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/17/2014 2:05:00 PM
    Subject: Phoenix to Beaufort car transport
    Review:Our driver, Keith, went above and beyond helping to get the car off-loaded and put away. The brakes were locked up, requiring a lot of extra muscle in the hot SC climate, and he provided assistance and advice as to how to pull the car off with a chai... [ More ]
    Poster:Dave CoveThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/10/2014 10:29:00 PM
    Subject: Excellent
    Review:Driver called me a day in advance of arriving, and delivered my car before the estimates time. Very pleased with my experience. [ View ]
    Date:7/10/2014 5:14:00 PM
    Subject: CAR TRANSPORTED
    Review:THIS WAS THE FIRST CAR I EVER HAD TRANSPORTED AND WAS VERY WORRIED ABOUT USING AN AUTO TRANSPORT CO. AFTER READING SOME REVIEWS ON LINE . I PICKED DIRECT EXPRESS AUTO TRANSPORT AS THEY WERE RATED IN THE TOP 5. I MADE A GREAT CHOICE AS EVERYTHING WENT... [ More ]
    Poster:LARRY G.This reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/10/2014 4:30:00 PM
    Subject: Did what they said!
    Review:Everything I was told came true. Picked up early and delivered early. Ashley was very nice and the driver was in communication 24 hours before delivery. I set up an easy drop off destination for him and he was right on time. Was a real go getter. Eve... [ More ]
    Poster:garyThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/10/2014 4:01:00 PM
    Subject: Michigan to California
    Review:This being the first time I have ever moved cars I was very nervous and concerned as we had two cars moving across the country. The pickup was on time and very easy. Our cars were put on an open transport on June 30th and delivered on July 7th. Ot... [ More ]
    Poster:DaveThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/10/2014 3:26:00 PM
    Subject: My auto transport experience
    Review:My car was not damaged in the process, the pickup person was thorough in marking every scratch or minor dent or ding before loading my car. Which was good to protect the company, and I was right there to make sure all things marked were marked accura... [ More ]
    Poster:privatenameThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/9/2014 3:32:00 PM
    Subject: Great Service, Timely Delivery, Would Use Again!
    Review:I was hesitent to transport a car across-country, and had thought about driving it myself. Direct Express Auto Transport was recommended to me by some friends and I researched the company thoroughly. Their prices were extremely reasonable and cust... [ More ]
    Poster:Brian BarryThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/8/2014 7:17:00 PM
    Subject: Awesome service
    Review:They provided excellent service. They picked up the car ahead of schedule and delivered 2 days early. Awesome service - car was delivered in perfect condition. Would and will use them again for my next car transport (planning a trip next year June) ... [ More ]
    Poster:Sijo Parekattil M.D.
    Date:7/8/2014 12:39:00 PM
    Subject: Direct Express Auto Transport
    Review:Loved that they stayed in contact to see if they could pick up earlier if they had a driver available, but I was unable to do so. Also driver worked with me to pick up when convenient for me both in CA and UT. I would use again and recommend to frie... [ More ]
    Poster:Kelly DaughertyThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/8/2014 12:29:00 PM
    Subject: Service and delivery
    Review:From the very start the service was very professional and courteous, and the price beat all of the competitors. I would have liked a little more lead time on the pick up time but there really was not a problem as I expected something that day, 6-23- ... [ More ]
    Poster:Tony Jarvis
    Date:7/7/2014 10:28:00 PM
    Subject: Money order
    Review:Please be more specific of the type of money order accepted for payment by the delivery driver. Had problems he did not accept bank money order. Driver was very rude. He have my son five minutes to get him another money order. [ View ]
    Poster:Salvador GonzalezThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/6/2014 6:52:00 PM
    Review:The service and delivery of my car was on-time. My wife had left her purse in the car and they were willing to send it thru mail if needed. They were calling us periodically to provide update on estimated arrival times. [ View ]
    Poster:AngelThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/6/2014 4:58:00 PM
    Subject: Ford Expedition transport
    Review:Although, I liked the people involved, as they were courteous and knowledgable. For the most part, I was able to communicate with the driver, along the carrier route. The most upsetting thing about the entire process, was that I was told a time for ... [ More ]
    Poster:J BillThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/6/2014 2:35:00 PM
    Subject: Ford Expedition transport
    Date:7/6/2014 2:34:00 PM
    Subject: excellent service
    Review:I would definitly use Direct Express again and I highly recommend them. Their service was professional and accurate and accomodating. Thank you! [ View ]
    Poster:Ellen StettnerThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/3/2014 1:55:00 PM
    Subject: First time user
    Review:First time to use a transport service. Could not have been a better experience. On time and very very helpful to a first time user. We really felt like the gentleman that picked up and transported the car was knowledgeable and reliable. Great exp... [ More ]
    Poster:SusanThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:6/30/2014 3:58:00 PM
    Subject: Awesome!!!
    Review:Loved the service. Was called ahead before pickup the guy on the phone was friendly and to the point so was the one who picked up the car. Delivery was on time and my car was in one piece. Over all service was quick, and efficient at a great price... [ More ]
    Poster:GiovannyThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:6/30/2014 12:21:00 AM
    Subject: Awesome!!!
    Date:6/30/2014 12:21:00 AM
    Subject: Exceeded Expectations
    Review:My service was excellent from start to finish! They exceeded my expectations based on previous experiences and were cheaper than other quotes I received. It's hard to beat great service for less money! [ View ]
    Date:6/29/2014 6:14:00 PM
    Subject: Best Transport Company
    Review:I am so glad to have found this company. Needed to ship a vehicle we purchased out of state for our college student. Got really discouraged when getting quotes from other companies, not sure of reliability, scamming on quotes, etc. So we prayed and G... [ More ]
    Poster:CZThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:6/29/2014 3:35:00 AM
    Subject: CAR DELIVERY FROM FLORIDA TO WASHINGTON
    Review:The service I received was overall excellent, except for 1 thing. It kind of bothered me. The car arrived from the east coast of central Florida to Renton Washington (Near Seattle) in 4 days! I realize time is money, but he had to have driven stra... [ More ]
    Poster:Mark HesselbrockThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:6/28/2014 8:24:00 PM
    Subject: Excellent service
    Review:I am really really satisfied with the service.My contact person was Jenny and she was very helpful right from the beginning.I had so many questions and she was very patient in answering all the questions. The deal was I had to pay $150 to Direct Expr... [ More ]
    Poster:Lakshmi BalajiThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:6/28/2014 2:48:00 PM
    Subject: great service
    Review:Real door to door service, the truck was too big to get in but the driver delivered the car in person. Youve got to drive him back to his car though lol [ View ]
    Poster:johnsonThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:6/27/2014 11:54:00 AM
    Subject: Auto Transport experience
    Review:Overall very good experience, for my first time using a transport company, making the reservations was very easy and the the staff was very helpful. The driver called me directly and let me know the status and provided me contact information of his... [ More ]
    Poster:Frank This reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:6/27/2014 11:00:00 AM
    Subject: Excellence of company and driver
    Review:Prior to contracting with Direct Express I had contracted with another company. For three weeks and multiple phone calls nothing was done. I called Direct Express and within four days my auto was delivered to me and at a lower cost! The driver was a... [ More ]
    Poster:Janis McDonnellThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:6/27/2014 12:51:00 AM