View 160,809 Reviews on 3,688 Auto Transport Companies.
Facebook Twitter Google+

Reviews:

Reviews from All Customers.

Reviews from Customers who would use the company again.

Reviews from Customers who would NOT use the company again.

Newest Reviews

Please make selections above and click "Run Report" Run Report
Previous 1 2 3 Next
Page 1 of 25
Reviews 1-25 of 609
I spoke with Jason Smith, explained i was not from Las Vegas and needed a car picked up at end of the day or by 1pm next day. I was promised this would happen as "The driver is in LV unloading cars and will be there to pick you up between agreed times.. Not only did this not happen, but my car was put on the Brokers board that all other brokers / drivers can see with a $700.00 COD . This happens so drivers will call the brokers and negotiate a price, then they return to you and up the price. Jason lied on every phone call, dispatch number 678-541-7568 Ralph Bedford was more full of crap than Jason.. If you do business with these two Morons, you will learn quickly they are full of crap.....[More]
By Tim on United American Auto Transport about 4 Hours Ago
I was recommended White Hawk Auto from a broker. I'll start off with the pro: my car arrived in one piece without any visible damage. Cons: 1) The driver arrived a day early and HAD to pick up the car that day, even though we scheduled for the next day. They claimed to be on a schedule so the customer would have to be flexible to them (even though I was also on a schedule already). Good thing I had prepped my car, or else I wouldn't know what to do if I couldn't ship my last on the day before I was supposed to move. So I was left no choice but to be flexible and cater to their schedule. 2) The pick up location was also not the location we originally scheduled for. The driver agreed to the original location a day prior but when the day came, he called and told me to go to a different location because he was already there and picking someone else's car at that different location. 3) Since they picked the car up early, the car also arrived at the destination early. The originally agreed destination was their office lot but when I picked my car up, the driver said the car was AT HIS HOME. The DRIVER told me to go to HIS HOME to pick up my car where it's been for more than a day at a residence. As I picked my car up, the driver wasn't there to hand over my car so he left my car and the keys in the hands of his friend (not sure if he was also another driver). I checked everything and the car exterior looked okay. 5) As I got home, I realized my sunglasses were MISSING from my car. The sunglasses were in a compartment that was NOT obvious. Someone HAD to go into my car and specifically look around in order to TAKE the sunglasses. I'm not sure if it was the driver or his "friend" but it was certainly one of them. I called the driver afterwards but of course he has no knowledge of this. Overall, the process was confusing and miscommunicated. The car got there in one piece but was missing a piece inside. ...[More]
By J. on White Hawks Auto LLC about 15 Hours Ago
My encounter with A.S. trucking was by far the worst experience I have ever had with a service provider of any kind in my life. Dishonest, shady, unprofessional, sloppy, irresponsible, and reckless are all 100% accurate descriptors of Art, Russ, Alex - the A.S. employees I had the misfortune of dealing with. Please trust me - whether you are a broker or a customer, select any other company other than A.S. trucking. Even the next worst reviewed carrier would be better. Below is a summary of the nightmare dealt to my wife and I by these despicable people: - Both vehicles that were moved by A.S. arrived badly damaged, and driver Russ, who is the kind of frightening, offensive person you would warn your children to never talk to, denied responsibility for any of it despite the fact that his own Bill of Landing form showed that the damage was not there at pick up in Florida. Russ would proceed to lie repeatedly about what happened to my vehicles. - When I attempted to make notations of the damage to my vehicles on the Bill of Landing form, Russ refused to return the form to me, jumped into his truck, and fled the scene, even though I told him the police were coming. I proceeded to text and call Russ and ask him to return, and he refused. - Russ made repeated disgusting, snide comments the whole time while unloading my cars. Among them were: "I'm not making any money on this deal." and "Well, your car does have 200,000+ miles on it." and "You must have done the damage when you parked the jeep after I unloaded it." The last comment was referring to my parking my jeep 25 feet away from where he unloaded it from his truck to get it out of the way of traffic. - Russ refused to give me a receipt for my payment, refused to give me a copy of the Bill of Landing, and ran from the scene of transport once I discovered he had damaged my vehicles. - Shockingly, Russ' boss Art backed Russ up when I called him. Art showed me zero respect whatsoever, never returned my call, and pretended he did not know what I was talking about. Art's customer service and leadership were deplorable. His sole interest was making sure he and his driver avoided responsibility for damaging my vehicle. - Everything about A.S. trucking feels dirty and slimy. Their forms and documents are full of typos and they do not bother to fill them out properly. Russ refused to give me a receipt of payment, saying, "you should have told me in advance before I left that you needed a receipt." This attitude of refusal to take responsibility for anything seems to be A.S. Trucking's mission statement: they will blame you, the customer, for their bankrupt integrity, carelessness, absence of professionalism, and horrible work product. You will be treated terribly and if you do receive your vehicles, they will be late, filthy, badly damaged, and delivered by a thug who will lie and deny responsibility for everything. - As I write this, my vehicles are parked at a body shop awaiting over $1,300 in repairs for damage caused by A.S. Trucking. Myself, the police officer who arrived at the scene moments after Russ fled to avoid accountability, and the mechanic at the body shop, all concurred that the damage was caused by a heavy tree branch crashing on the top of the car carrier where my vehicles were parked. A.S. has repeatedly and consistently lied and hid rather than take responsibility for what they did. I am simply shocked and appalled that anyone could be so dishonest and lacking in character. Please believe me when I say they would do the same thing to you if they had the chance, or your customers if you are a broker. Whether they act like this because their business is failing and they are desperate for cash, or they act like this because they are just immoral, subversive degenerates, they are who they are and you will be better with any other carrier. In summary, I will be haunted for the rest of my life by the wretchedness I saw from Russ particularly, but also Art and Alex. I trusted my beautiful vehicles to these people. They carelessly damaged them and then denied responsibility, ran from the scene, lied to anyone they spoke to, and were happy to leave me to pay for repairs totaling more than what I paid to transport the cars in the first place. You can do much better than this. Make sure to tell your broker or your customer that of all carriers you are considering, A.S. Trucking should be struck from the list before even starting your consideration. I would be more than happy to respond to anyone wishing to know more about my experience with A.S. Trucking. I feel that I can do a service by making sure others do not have to go through what my wife and I did. Thank you for considering my comments above. John...[More]
By John Knowles on a.s trucking llc about 17 Hours Ago
I would not recommend Door-to-Door. I hired them to drive a commercial truck from California to Oregon. Pretty simple job for experts right? I started the process on 4/7/15 and the truck is still sitting at the dealership! Note enough room here to describe this horror show...read my comments on Yelp!...[More]
By Kevin on Door-To-Door Auto Transport about 19 Hours Ago
Was told originally $1295 and 1 to 5 day wait for pickup. Turned into week and a half when I called them to see what was going on cause I had people waiting at vechicle then had to wait for them to call me back and was told $1895 to get transport and no time to really consider cause they needed to know as transport was on way. The extra cost of time and $600 can't be overlooked as I transport vechicles across country on a semi-regular basis and need communication and reliably, a company that knows it's buisness....[More]
By jeff on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Apr 24 2015 8:58PM
We should have known that we were in for real problems when they show up to move our 4 bedroom home with a box truck from UHaul.The next problem was when the driver told us that the price would be nearly double because there was more inventory than what was on the quote. Full Service never came out to inventory, we filled out their forms AND sent them another moving company's inventory. When I spoke with my contact at Full Service he said he was conformtable with the inventory and believes he has it all covered. Even have it in writing. The next event was they had to put half of our items in storage for a MONTH as they did not have a truck big enough. When the items were delivered they was more damage then you would possibly think. They just threw everything into the truck, we have pictures. They required cash when they show up and if you don't have cash they will not unload. They just finalized our insurance claim, unbelievable, they must have caused over $ 4,000 in damage but wanted to settle for $ 240. ...[More]
By JH on Full Service Van Lines on Apr 24 2015 6:34PM
PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THESE CROOKS! TIM, PAM, DAWN, Marrisa Stateway Auto Transport 401 S Milwaukee Ave Ste 150 Wheeling IL 60090-5071 They lied and lied and fraudulently charged my credit card. On March 2, 2015, I placed an order with stateway to ship a Nissan Murano car from New Jersey to WA state. Tim, the sale person sent me a message that states: "Standard pick up window is 1-7 business days from ready date of 03/05/2015" After waiting for my automobile to be assigned to a transporter for more than 2 weeks, contrary to 7 days promised by Stateway, I requested cancellation and sought for another shipper. Dawn Morrison Account Manager promised to find a carrier, he never did. On March 16, 2015, Pam Cohen, customer service acknowledged my request to cancel auto shipping service with Stateway Auto. On March 18, 2015, she sent another email assuring me of the cancellation. "I have emailed our cancellation dept to get this taken care of for you." On April 22, stateway Dispatch sent me an emailed that they were ready to ship. I replied and copied both Dawn and Pam stating that the transaction had been cancelled. On April 22, Dispatch replied back with: "OK we will cancel dispatch. Thank you." On April 24, my bank card alerted me that Stateway auto had charged my credit card in the amount of $195. BIG TIME FRAUD! Nobody should be allowed to go through this kind of mess and Tim, Pam, Dawn and Marissa should all be ashamed for putting a 68 year old man through this mess. REFUND MY $195 IMMEDIATELY AND APOLOGIZE! Use them at your own risk!...[More]
By DaveO on Stateway Auto Transport on Apr 24 2015 6:33PM
DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY!!! They (Karen and Armani) told me that the car would be picked up on the date that I scheduled. They took my deposit and when I called 24 hours prior to the date of delivery, no driver was scheduled and the date was wrong! Then they told me that I would have to have the car picked up in a different city and would have to pay an additional $100????!!!! A COMPLETE SCAM! Do not trust these people! I have contacted my lawyer and the BBB. This is not a delivery service. It is a broker who underquotes your cost and then "posts" the information in hopes that a driver somewhere will accept the bid. Liars...[More]
By Oscar on Passage Auto Transport on Apr 24 2015 2:10PM
Response from Passage Auto Transport
Passage Auto Transport on Apr 24 2015 3:53PM
Oscar we truly apologize for your experience. Your quote was in fact the highest on the Central Dispatch board. Sometimes it does take a little longer...[More]
We agreed to pay an additional $300 to shorten the time frame of pick up from 15 days to 5 days since we would be dependent on this vehicle upon arrival at our destination. Time was critical on this move and Ali, the representative, assumed that the vehicle would be picked up and delivered on time. As the days continued to pass the 5 day mark, I called Ali and asked what the problem was. She stated the destinations we not close enough to big city terminals. I informed her that I could drop the vehicle off in Savannah and be willing to travel to Seattle for pick up. Several days later, I had to leave the area and report to Seattle with leaving a friend responsible for the release of the vehicle to the driver. The actual pick up of the vehicle was 12 days after the first available pick up day. The delivery was a week late and we had to rent a vehicle during that time. The driver was not reachable until a day before drop off, when he called to find a place to meet. Besides being dirty, the vehicle was undamaged. I called Ali and then a manager to ask for a portion of the $300 difference for the late pick up and assist with the cost of the rental. $300 happened to also be the amount of the fee that AmeriFreight charges for advertising the offer to drivers. They refused! I would recommend going directly through an actually car transport company and forget the middle man like AmeriFreight that are not capable of keeping their promises....[More]
By Dave on AmeriFreight Car Shipping on Apr 24 2015 6:12AM
ALL THESE REVIEWS ARE DONE BY THEMSELVES DO NOT BELIEVE THEM AT ALL THEY ARE FAKE!!! I REVIEW THIS COMPANY FROM PERSONAL RECENT EXPERIENCE!! Do not do business with Automoves they area frauds. Andy Leeds is a crook, they look up front and honest but will rip you off if you don't believe me believe CBC, they just exposed this company. http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/go-public-it-s-kind-of-like-my-car-was-held-ransom-1.3046598 ALL THESE REVIEWS ARE FAKE THEY DO IT THEMSELVES BUYERS BEWARE I WILL PROVIDE DOCUMENTS TO ANYONE WHO ASKS PROOF OF EVERYTHING I SAY, I HAVE RECORDED PHONE CALLS AND EMAILS!...[More]
By A. Abukar on Automoves Ltd. on Apr 24 2015 4:15AM
It took my vehicle three weeks to arrive to me. Montway underquoted by $500, so I unexpectedly had to pay that amount if I wanted my vehicle shipped. Most of the representatives I spoke with were respectful, but kept reassuring me not to worry even though my vehicle wasn't being shipped in a timely manner. The transporter was great though. Unfortunately, if I need a vehicle shipped again, I will not be using Montway....[More]
By Cecilia on Montway Auto Transport on Apr 23 2015 9:24PM
I picked DAS to ship my eBay purchased Jeep CJ7 from California to NY based on their favorable pickup window. I called around to different companies and DAS was pretty much the only one who said "yes we can pick up on Friday or Saturday your choice". Looking to make it convenient to the seller I went with DAS. Their initial customer service and pickup went smoothly. Vehicle sat in their terminal over the weekend and went out on a carrier very early Tuesday morning after being picked up on Saturday afternoon. Very reasonable. During the transport time I came across horrendous reviews for DAS and I began to panic. Sure enough, 3 days before scheduled delivery I called to check status and was told vehicle should be at the Linden NJ terminal tomorrow. Well tomorrow came and went so I called again and got the dreaded "oh, your vehicle is in New Mexico". Looks like the truck broke down. Panic justified, or so I believed. To make a long story short, I called customer service several times and never got a rude or obnoxious representative as stated in other reviews. I also never had outrageous hold times either. They gave me a window that the alleged broken truck would be fixed, and my vehicle was back on the road within stated time frame. Once back on the road, delivery was quick and ended up being 5 days late. Not the end of the world. The Linden NJ terminal dispatcher (Chris) was knowledgeable and courteous. Chris stated my delivery was to be on April 23rd 2015 between 8 and 11 AM, and it arrived at 9:30. No damage, no drama. My only complaint would be Bernie Torres. When I called to speak to him about the "broken truck" his response was not very customer service oriented. Rather than say "oh, I'm sorry sir let me look into it" he stated "what you're mad because the truck broke down!!??" So overall my experience was OK. Not fantastic, not horrible....[More]
By Bill on Dependable Auto Shippers on Apr 23 2015 6:25PM
These guys were quick to respond and all over the selling phase of my transport from AZ to WA. Then after providing my details and deposit info (big mistake) I never heard back from them again... I called in multiple times over 3 to almost 4 weeks with little to no support or service and they barely ever were available to connect with. On the rare occasion I was able to connect with them I heard a different excuse every time. Also they told me multiple times they've been in business for 25 years which is funny because if you've been in business this long you should know how to run your business... Lastly when I finally asked for my deposit back so I could move on, they mentioned they would process the deposit in two days and they never did...Do not trust this company or ever even use them... They lowball transport quotes to get you, never work on your behalf and lie about everything along the way. STAY AWAY!...[More]
By Jeremy on Rapid Auto Movers on Apr 23 2015 3:17PM
Response from Rapid Auto Movers
Keith Wyman on Apr 23 2015 4:27PM
This customer posted this review almost immediately after he cancelled his order with us, his money was refunded on the third day. He had placed the o...[More]
This company is a scam. In the beginning we were working with Harrison. He advised us that we were in good hands. Calling me multiple times to explain to me that they will provide us with a driver. Well the day of our transport was in a week and we haven't heard of any update. We tried calling everyday but either we got put on hold for ever or got to their voice mail system which is always full. We were also emailing the company to find out any updates. Well the day came that we thought a driver was supposed to meet us...a driver never showed...We obviously were very upset with the service and asked for our deposit back the agreed and said it should take up to a week to process...its been 3 weeks now. When i call the office to ask for an update the receptionist Ashley put me on hold then ask what i need i advise here i need to speak with accounting. From there she transfers me to accounting specificly Jason. Jason never answers the phone and his mailbox is full. I feel very ripped out I'm not even sure if this is a real company i can never get a hold of anyone. We paid a $150 deposit and are requesting a refund. We were not provided a driver ever and have been treated very poorly. ...[More]
By Lauren on Exceptional Auto Transport on Apr 22 2015 9:22PM
They quoted me 750.00 with a deposit of 150.00 in which the 150.00 was a brokers fee that I did not know of until I signed the papers. Now I booked more then a month in advance and the first date to move the car was 01 April, well that day came and went so I got Josh only in email and he said he would put me in touch with the booking agent. That never happened. Now I saved all my emails with this company and also got all my phone records to prove who I was talking to and the number I was talking to matched the companies. I never got a call back from this company when the booking agent was supposed to call me. Two weeks after the date came and went I got Josh in email again and they told me that they would try to find someone for the price I was quoted for. REALLY. That was the last I heard from VANTAGE. ...[More]
By Peter McDermott on Vantage Auto Movers on Apr 22 2015 8:28PM
DO NOT use this company . It is a SCAM to get your money !!! We spoke with a man named Aaron who was supposed to have our work truck delivered from pa to ohio . He took the money and has been making excuses EVERYTIME we call . He is very unprofessional ! With a foul mouth ! I will be contacting the attorney general and an attorney and I suggest that everyone else do the same . This man is a fraud and needs to go to jail ! I wish I would have read the reviews before I gave him the money ....[More]
By Sara Venturella on Fast Track Auto Carriers on Apr 22 2015 8:14PM
Response from Fast Track Auto Carriers
Dirk Perdrix on Apr 22 2015 8:35PM
***Some people are just impossible to please.*** PLEASE READ: FIRST OF ALL We are licensed and bonded with the U.S. Dept. OF Transportation FMCSA/MC-...[More]
this company is not a good shipping company this company ripped me off they never contacted me never picked up my shipment this company is a complete scam nothing but used car sells men this is the worst company I've ever dealt with period I gave them a deposit and they never returned my money I recommend this company to no one ...[More]
By Richard Cmapbell on Premier Auto Shippers on Apr 22 2015 6:38PM
I have used Montway and have helped other snowbirds for the last 3 years get their cars back home. Dispatchers were mostly useless, couldn't understand, always read script "co workers are working on it" Its just to get me off the phone. Car is still here waiting to be picked up and it's 7 days at this point. Just be honest, if you are backlogged - say it. Don't make excuses or use "co workers" on phone right now....[More]
By Jay on Montway Auto Transport on Apr 22 2015 2:32PM
Unbelievably bad experience. Think of the worst used car salesman you ever encountered, and that's these guys amplified. Active duty military shipment from VA to WA. I'm not sure if I was "bait and switched," duped, or fleeced. Their price quote was meaningless- just double whatever they tell you up front. For three weeks these guys reassured me on schedule, shipper availability, and price. Being military, the schedule piece was hugely important to me. They strung it out until the "eleventh hour," and then created a shipper availability crisis... As for customer communications, I can't recall a single time that they initiated contact with me... I always had to call them, including once the shipment was in transit. They couldn't even make contact with the shipper when he was on the road. When they finally did, I called them and they informed me the shipment was an hour from delivery, two days earlier than the three day delivery window we discussed. Early is usually not a problem, but when you are flying the recipient 3000 miles to take delivery, it is a problem. Either these guys don't care about their customers, or they don't know what they are doing. My experience indicates it is both. ...[More]
By Dave on We Will Transport It Corp on Apr 21 2015 11:02PM
We needed to transport our car from PA to OR quickly because we were moving. We first spoke to Gail on 3/20/15. She informed us the vehicle would be there in five days so by DOT math the vehicle should have been in Clackamas, OR by 3/29/15. Once she told us this we made an agreement for $1550. She asked for credit card info to have on file to lock the price so they could contact drivers. After Gail received the credit card info, she then said 1550 was not enough to move the vehicle and that they would need another $100. We verbally agreed to $1650. The vehicle was supposed to be picked up on 3/22/15. On 3/23/15 we began looking at other companies. Angel called (another transport consultant) 3/25/15, and gave me a 90% guarantee the car would be picked up the next day to be shipped. However, the car was not picked up until 3/28/15. Once picked up we received notice it would be delivered in Portland, OR by 4/8/15. We left the car with a neighbor who informed us the vehicle was being shipped to CA! We called Gail to clarify because she never informed us of such. Gail said it would go by train to CA then a driver would bring it to Portland. On 4/9/15 Gail called to tell us that our vehicle is in California and would not be delivered until 4/18/15. I then requested to speak with Gail's manager, Terry Ann. Terry Ann said they were working to get a driver right away and would look into compensation given our dissatisfaction and the poor service. I spoke with Terry Ann 4/17/15 to get an update. She said the car was still sitting in CA because the drivers want more money or all their drivers are in FL. As always, they are "doing everything they can" but the car is sitting and there is nothing they can do until a driver bids to bring it. This company is fraudulent!! They must only post good reviews. They failed to provide any service they stand for. They picked up our car, got our credit card information and left us stranded. I am now taking legal action and will seek police involvement because it is 4/19/15 and our car is yet to be delivered. ...[More]
By Martin on DIY Transport Inc. on Apr 21 2015 9:57PM
**DO NOT UTILIZE THIS SERVICE** While the initial customer service representative sounded polite and prided the company of their “professionalism, small, and family owned and operated company.” I can tell you this was the furthest thing from the truth. The representative lured us into signing the contract by assuring us that the transport would arrive by Thursday, but by Saturday at the latest. This was fine as we were leaving our destination Sunday morning and we wanted to be here when the vehicle was loaded. They happily billed our credit card after assuring us that the transporter would arrive to the house by the time we left Sunday. They also mentioned pick-up would likely happen between Monday and Thursday. Two days went by and we heard nothing from the company. We tried calling the company and said “we made a mistake and need to ship your vehicle in an open carrier instead of an enclosed carrier.” They gave us the option to pay another $250 to upgrade to an enclosed carrier AFTER we had signed a contract with a set price that clearly stipulated the vehicle would be transported in an enclosed carrier. We said we wanted the vehicle transported for $800 and per the contracts specifications. We called the friendly sales associate who had previously helped us and asked her what was going on. She admitted to giving us the “wrong price” for the enclosed carrier and said she mixed the shipping costs up but said they would “honor the price”. She assured us the vehicle would be transported by the end of the week and said she will personally call us with the transport information. This never happened. The day before we were to leave the house we called the company. The customer service representative was extremely rude, would not answer any questions, and continued to talk over me. After 15 minutes on the telephone with her I asked to speak with a manager. The “manager” Michelle RUDELY answered the phone and said “WHATS THE PROBLEM?” She accused me of swearing at her customer service representative and claimed the female was in tears and blamed us. I calmly tried to explain the situation and our concerns about not being at the house at the time the transport truck was supposed to arrive. Michelle continued to talk over me and said we would be billed for the service if we cancelled. She was rude to three different people who all tried to calmly explain the situation. This company is the WORST I have ever dealt with and I would not recommend them to my worst enemy. We will likely be taking them to court in the future for violating their contract and not shipping the vehicle via the enclosed method that the contract stipulated. I urge anyone looking for a transport service to AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS. ...[More]
By Ronald Mann on Auto Transport 123 on Apr 21 2015 9:05PM
The so-called Operations manager is fraudulent and I would advise people to be wary of this company. Robert promised to pick my vehicle up on an agreed specific date and he indicated they need my credit card on file to start looking for drivers. He wanted me to sign a document and I refused. I wanted him to get a driver first and I asked him not to charge my card until my vehicle was picked up in which he assured me. He said my credit card was to assure them that I want to look for drivers and not until the vehicle is picked up, they would not charge my card.. Immediately, I provided him with my CC, all efforts to communicate with him proved abortive. He would not pick up his phone nor responds to either emails or phone calls. My vehicle was not picked up on the appointed date.To my surprise, my CC company alerted me of the charge to my Credit card. The alert came because, not only did he charged my card, he charged my card twice. He did not send any driver, I did not sign any document and he still went ahead to charge my card twice. I had to file a dispute and fraud claims with my credit card company against the company.So be very careful before dealing with dishonest transporter as PLAZA AUTO TRANSPORT. There are some very good transporters out there. Just be very careful with this chap called Roberts Point....[More]
By Keith Segun on Plaza Auto Transport on Apr 21 2015 6:14PM
Response from Plaza Auto Transport
Robert Points on Apr 23 2015 3:08AM
Keith, First off I would like to begin by apologizing on behalf of Plaza for the misunderstanding during the time of this booking. I will now addres...[More]
The quote to transport my car was $649. I ended up having to pay $800. They promised they could pick up and deliver at one price, but could NOT keep the promise. "Overpromise" and "underdeliver"!...[More]
By Chris Castillo on Total Car Shipping on Apr 21 2015 1:19AM
This was the second time using this company. The first time was GREAT. Almost everything went perfect besides the fact that I never received my drivers information. However, the drive did call 24 hours before pick up and my car was picked up in the scheduled time frame and delivered on time in great condition. So of course after having a great experience the first time, I decided to use this company again. I was very happy because I got a discount since I was a returning customer. The contract was signed 3 weeks prior to the scheduled pick up date. This time, the same day I signed the contract, I also received the Carriers information. So I was happy. My 1st available pick up date was April 1st with a 2-3 day window. I confirmed via email with my sales person (Irene Davis) that the car would be picked up either the 2nd or 3rd. By the 3rd of April, I still hadn't received a call from the driver. On the morning of the 4th, I spoke with dispatch at the carrier office(American Auto Transport). They found my order and stated that the car was not schedule to be picked up until at least April 10th. I was never made aware by either company that the 1st available pick up date had changed. So I called Auto Transport 123 per the other company's request. I spoke with Janine and boy did I have a time with her. I told her what had happened and explained to her that I needed the car picked up before 6 am on the 5th because I had a flight to catch back to Chicago. I had interviews that following Monday and Tuesday. She asked if someone would be there to give the driver the keys and I explained to her that the car would have to be relocated to a city 30 miles south of where I was in order for the keys to be handed over to the driver. (I was a nurse on a 3 month travel assignment out in California by myself). Janine said she would look into seeing if a driver would be available that day (the 4th) or the next day. No return call from Janine on the 4th. I called and left a message on the 4th and the 5th. Janine emails me on Monday the 6th asking me to call her regarding the order. By this time, I had decided to cancel the order entirely because I could not wait another 1.5 to 2 weeks to have my car. I explained this to Janine. She told me that there might be a carrier in the area that could pick up the car that day (the 6th) of the next day. She said she was going to look into it and get back to me. I did as the contract stated and certified mailed my letter of cancellation of the order on April 7th with the hopes of it getting to New York by April 9th. I did not hear from Janine or any at the company until I called on April 9th. A charge of $225 posted to my bank account on April 7th and I was inquiring about the charge. Janine was very short with me and was telling me that if I still wanted my car to be picked up, that there was a driver available. I explained to Janine that I did not understand why my account was charged and told her that my car should have been picked up by now. Janine stated she was going to talk to Irene about the dates, which didn't make sense because Irene was in sales and NOT customer service so she wouldn't have been able to do anything about it. I ended up calling the actual carrier (American Auto Transport) to ask them what the status of my order was. Sophia from American Auto Transoort explained to me that the order was cancelled on April 8th by Auto Transport 123. She wasn't able to tell me who from the company put in the cancellation. Sophia also explained to me that she called Auto Transport 123 on April 7th and told them that the truck that was designated to pick up the car on April 10th had broken down. None of this was ever communicated to me from either company, but as the broker it was Auto Transport 123's responsibility to notify me of changes. Janine and I went back and forth with emails. I asked her why my account was charged on the 7th and she said that I said I wanted to cancel the order and so it was cancelled even though they had not received the certified mailed letter that is specifically requested in the contract. I had to ask her three times in three separate emails if they received my cancellation letter. When she finally acknowledges the question she says "I don't work in that office", like that actually meant something. I also asked to speak with someone else in the company preferably someone above Janine and my request was never accepted. Per Janine she was the supervisor of customer service, which I was appalled by considering her lack of professionalism in the emails and phone conversations. Also in the contract it states that if an order is cancelled for reasons outside of Auto Transport 123 control, they will refund you the entire deposit amount or $100 which will be based on a as per situation basis. I was refunded $100 and received a confirmation email from Keith Hecht. I was never told why I only received $100 and not the entire amount since the company breeched the contract by charging me before they were legally able to. They can't say they charged the deposit because the truck was dispatched to pick up the car (since that is when the account should be charged per the contract) because according to Sophia at American Auto Transpot, the truck was never dispatched. Janine also lied and said that I refused a driver that she provided for me. When I asked her to give me dates and times of when I refused the driver, she was unable to come up with the evidence for her claim. Very bad communication skills on Auto Transport 123's part. They breeched the contract and we're not trying to help the situation at all. When all was said and done, I had to fly back out to California after two interviews to drive my car all the way back to Illinois. My boyfriend had to miss work for 3 days so that he could drive the car back with me so that we could get back as soon as possible. I feel like compensation is in order here for the airfare and gas I had to spend because they messed up. If anyone is suing this company for breaching the contract, please let me know because I as well am looking into legal action and would like to find an attorney who will take my case. All in all, first time is great but second time be BEWARE! This company does not play fair!! ...[More]
By D Atkins on Auto Transport 123 on Apr 20 2015 9:57PM
Response from Auto Transport 123
Keith on Apr 21 2015 3:39PM
We apologize Miss Atkins. As you stated you are a return customer of ours so we feel terrible for your unsatisfactory experience. Customer service ha...[More]
I placed my order for delivery of a pick up from North TX to SO. AZ on April 10. I stated it was not an urgent delivery and we were flexible but the service rep said she could get delivery as soon as that following Mon/Tues. and would call me back with the details. AFTER I Paid a deposit of $200 I never heard back from her, I emailed her and another individual 4/14Tues night with questions as to why no communication? I fully expected an email response on wed. but nothing. I called the Rep only have her be rude, and to be told that she was working very hard and that she would again call me back in 2 hours. NO call back. I called again now on Thursday 4/16 to ask for communication, I understand these things take time and I just ask for updates. I did say this seems a little sketchy and when a company takes ones money there is usually some communication, she of course didn't like that and that she has been doing this for 7 yrs. She did call me Friday morning with requested update. She called me again 4/20(mon) but with a very different scenario. The pick up location was a problem. No driver wanted to go pick it up. Could my party meet them an hour away? ( but no location was provided- nor possible date options) Then she said I could have it picked up but it would cost more. the information was provided to get a quote, why is it now a problem. At this time my husband got some quotes on his free time, and found another company to work with. I called back the rep, and said that we would be going with another organization and I would like my deposit back, she said that they would be keeping some for processing. That is no where in the receipt nor disclosed anywhere! She continued to interrupt me almost every time I tried to talk. If the rep has had 7 years experience doing this I would expect stellar service. I did not receive that. I would not recommend this company. They do not stick by their quotes. They do not call you back when they say they will and they do not respond to email. The cheapest is not always the best - you get what you "pay" for. ** after further research they are not suppose to take a deposit until the veh is Picked up** don't do what I did and trust them. ...[More]
By Stephanie on Budget Auto Shipping on Apr 20 2015 8:31PM