View 169,623 Reviews on 3,825 Auto Transport Companies.
Facebook Twitter Google+

Reviews:

Reviews from All Customers.

Reviews from Customers who would use the company again.

Reviews from Customers who would NOT use the company again.

Newest Reviews

Please make selections above and click "Run Report" Run Report
Previous 1 2 3 Next
Page 1 of 18
Reviews 1-25 of 442
My initial contact with the company was positive. Lecia was very informative, and I was impressed that this was one company that didn't harass me with phone calls or e-mails. Lecia gave me what I felt was a fair quote, as I had seen from this website that if your quote is too low, your vehicle just won't get picked up. Our transport company was A1 Trans. The dispatch person, Leo, was very professional, and helpful. HOWEVER, and here is where I became unhappy- -the car could not be delivered to the destination, but delivery had to be taken in a parking lot several miles away. This was slightly problematic as the person receiving the car had (ahem) no car. But there is a bus. But then the drivers texted to say the car would be delivered at 1-2 am. This is not acceptable. No buses run at that hour, and for a four mile journey, no cab would take a person to an empty parking lot in the middle of the night for a $5 fare. The dispatcher asked if the car could be unloaded and driven to the residence. This seemed like a great solution, and we settled on a REASONABLE time for this to happen. 6-7 am. The car was delivered at 2:30 am. It got there, but I can't call this professionalism. Not holding Amerifreight responsible, but the drivers for A1 Trans really dropped the ball in my book....[More]
By Laura on AmeriFreight Car Shipping about 3 Hours Ago
Dirtbags from the word go dishonest ...vehicle was picked up runningand delivered not running and exterior covered in brake fluid anyone who uses this company has a screw loose......beware of scumbags...[More]
By Mike s on Rapid Transportation about 4 Hours Ago
I would highly recommend that customers refrain from doing business with DIY Transport. Initial Process: The Only Positive Experience. During the initial process, customer service was consistently friendly and timely with providing information. I was amazed by their swift responses to my inquiries and the personable nature of the agent with whom I was in contact, Angel. Sadly, that is where my praise ends. Inadequate Preparation. For starters, you could only call to officially arrange a pick-up the WEEK of your move. I don't know if that is standard industry practice, but that seems rather inadequate. It would make sense to officially schedule something of this logistical scale several weeks prior, as you would have enough room to remedy potential transportation mishaps. Delays. Our shipment was eventually delayed by 3 days (this is important below for refund purposes). Inadequate Customer Service. When the time for the move arrived, I received an **OFFICIAL COMPANY EMAIL** stating the estimated pick-up date was August 12th. The 12th came, and as evening approached, I called DIY to inquire about the pick-up process. Only then was I informed that the company assigned to ship our vehicles, Pro Logistics, would arrive either on Thursday (13th) or Friday (14th). This was a potential problem, I had to fly out of Rhode Island on that very Friday. Pick Up Keeps Changing. Company Does Not Call Customer about Changes. Thursday the 13th came, and still no pick-up transpired. I called again, and this time I also phoned the company Pro Logistics to inquire about the delay. Only then was I informed that their company discussed the discrepancy with DIY, and that the pick-up would either occur Friday EVENING or Saturday (15th). However, DIY did not bother to inform me prior to me calling; no one did. The pick-up information had changed several times at this point. And still, I had to call to find out this information. And, DIY had not sent an official email informing me of the changed estimated shipping date. The official email still stated August 12th. I make sure to save important documents. Two Day Grace Period: NEVER INFORMED. The company has a two day grace period policy regarding late pick-ups. To my understanding, this means that as soon as the company assigned to pick up your vehicle is two days late, DIY is supposed to coordinate with the other company to provide you a partial refund of your money. However (and this was NEVER MENTIONED to me PRIOR to the delay), you have to contact DIY that day and they will have to call the company THAT day. However, once the LATE company is paid, DIY will NOT help you get a refund. That is what one of their customer service representatives told me as of today, September 3rd. They tried to claim there was no delay, because I had been informed over the phone. Yet again, I refer back to the OFFICIAL COMPANY EMAIL that HAD NOT CHANGED. THREE DAYS LATE. I was informed on Thursday evening that my vehicle would be picked up on Saturday morning. When I made my grievances known to the DIY dispatcher, she actually suggested that I make a temporary CONTRACT with the hotel I was staying at to watch my vehicles. I'm sorry, but that is TERRIBLE advice! Is that an industry standard to suggest to clients that you make contracts with other companies related to your vehicles? Bizarre Customer Service. Also, God knows that a private hotel would likely not want to be liable for any damages that occur to your vehicle on their property, ESPECIALLY if you are not even on the same coast! Because you are not even a paying client at that point, utilizing their hotel room, would they even sign such a contract? What a bizarre suggestion on behalf of that company! And, one more thing about the dispatcher's response to my concerns: in a somewhat passive tone, she informed me that maybe DIY should have just scheduled the move for the following week! What kind of uncouth treatment is this? And that goes back to a previous point: consider scheduling these major logistical moves SEVERAL weeks in advance so you can remedy such problems BEFOREHAND! It was now Saturday, and we were officially passed the two day grace period. Regardless of the miscommunication between the two companies, the OFFICIAL COMPANY EMAIL stated August 12th, and it was now August 15th. I had to arrange for my neighbors, who I barely knew, to take care of our vehicles. I was already across country and anxious about my personal property being in the temporary custody of people who are neither family nor close acquaintances. The pick-up finally occurred on Saturday afternoon. Customer Feels Deceived by Company As a customer, I feel outraged, and I feel that I drastically overpaid for DIY's services. I paid nearly TEN PERCENT of my yearly salary to move two vehicles across country. I eventually shelled out $2,950.00 for this substandard service and unprofessional treatment! We are a single income military family. Every dollar is important to a family like ours, especially when we could have recovered some of our income via a refund that we can now probably not recover for because of their delayed timing in informing us. I feel misled about the refund policy. Whether or not DIY and its assigned shipper resolved the date dispute between themselves, they did not include me, the paying client. They did not officially update the estimated date to me, so contractually, IN MY VIEW, August 12th was the shipping date, and that means August 15th is outside of the two day grace period. And after the transaction with the shipper occurred, only then did I discover this grace period policy. The Initial customer service is fantastic, but afterwards it was a nightmare. And now, I am probably going to be denied a partial refund that I am entitled to. ...[More]
By Ben Holmes on DIY Transport Inc. about 6 Hours Ago
The only mistake I made in this whole mess was to pay this fraudulent company innocently and unknowingly $1,100 to move my car. once my money was collected I never heard from them until I call them Car was picked up almost one month later when I had already moved. Guess what my car was packed in one rural village in Alberta(these bastards moved my car westwards rather than eastwards!!!) and kept lying to me serially that it was on its way. Car was packed there for over 2 weeks. The fucken Driver Brian Denena was nowhere to be found and NEVER picked my calls They will not return my money. I actually had to pay a parking fee ($100) and pay a friend to drive all the way from Edmonton to go get the car for me after calling in the POLICE so this stupid company could release my car. This story is very painful. Never used swear words before but do not regret using it a thousand time here!!!! I STRONGLY BELIEVE THAT ALL POSITIVE REVIEWS ON HERE FOR VEHICLES IN MTION ARE FAKE. IF U WANNA TO FLUSH UR $$$$ DOWN THE DRAIN. AND STRESS UP UR LIFE VIM IS URS. FILTHY ASSHOLES AND DESPICABLE HUMAN SCUMS - STEVEN, BRIAN AND CODY...[More]
By NASS on Vehicles in Motion about 6 Hours Ago
I shipped my car with CAA Transport from Richmond, VA to Los Angeles, CA. According to the signed contract, my car was fully insured by CAA Transport during shipment. When the CAA Transport driver delivered my car to me in Los Angeles, I inspected it and noticed two dents on the back bumper immediately. I informed the driver and he called the claims manager, Chris Ko. I talked to Chris on the phone and he instructed me to email him pictures of the dent the following week in order to file a claim. He seemed very friendly and professional at this point. I indicated the damages on the BOL before signing it and getting the keys from the driver. I emailed pictures of the dents to Chris as instructed. However, I never heard back. I sent multiple follow up emails and called CAA Transport almost every day. I never received an email response and Chris stopped taking my calls. Whenever I was able to talk to Chris, he said I would get an email response by the end of the business day. He kept saying this every time I called but I never got a response until over a month later I received an email saying they denied my claim. They said that they ship over 500 cars a month and cannot afford to accept every claim for cars they damage – UNBELIEVABLE. If they can’t afford to fix every car they damage, they either need to change something in their business practice so that they don’t damage cars in the first place or they need to take responsibility and pay for the damages they cause. They are all about quantity of car shipments and all they care about is making money – they are messy and because of that they damaged my car. After hearing about other horror stories in cross country car shipments, I did my research before signing with a broker. However, my broker assigned CAA Transport as my driver at the last minute so I didn’t have a chance to look up their reviews and see how sketchy they are. I thought because my contract said my car was fully insured, I was fine. I even had my Company’s lawyers review the contract to make sure my car was 100% insured. However, at the end of the day there are always conmen in the business that don’t abide by contract’s terms and will dish out whatever “contract” seems legit in order to get business. CAA Transport is one of them. I ended up fixing my car out of pocket – it was $635 to fix the damages CAA Transport caused. Since this was lower than my insurance deductible and lawyer fees would exceed the cost of damages, I was screwed in this situation and forced to pay out of pocket. To everyone reading this review - do NOT let CAA Transport ship your car. If you do give your car to them, don’t expect to get it back in one piece. They don’t even deserve one star. Although there are a few people on this page that didn’t have issues– note this is NOT the majority! Are you really willing to take the risk with your car? There are plenty of other shipping companies with great reviews and even better prices. Do yourself a favor and stay away from CAA Transport. This was by far the WORST experience I’ve ever had with a company in my life. I spent so many hours trying to resolve this with CAA Transport and even more time on the phone with lawyers, etc. This cost me a ton of valuable time and money and I hope that this review can prevent someone else from having the horrible experience I did. ...[More]
By Christina on CAA Transport about 8 Hours Ago
On initial call, I received a pleasant sales pitch, Saks covers questions, concerns and rebuttals, I felt like it will be a smooth transaction. A few days later, I'm contacted by Alex stating a transport has accepted the delivery job and Alex proceeds to takes their, Saks, broker fee for services rendered. Saks provided me a written contract entailing a pickup and delivery date and contact information on the transport company and driver for assurance. From there, is when it all falls apart, when the pickup date arrives and passes, I never received a call from either the broker or transport company regarding any late issues. The following day I call the broker, Saks, and inquire about my pickup, they were polite and offered me the phone number to the transport company and "suggested" I call them. At this point I'm very confused as to how "this" works because, I'm under the understanding I paid them, Saks, to broker the transport and to followup on the job to be sure things happen as contracted. In reluctance to do the brokers job I contact the transport company and they were apologetic and assured me they would pickup Sat or Sun. That time came and went . . . again no call from broker or transport. I called transport and they said they can pickup on Monday as their truck broke down in GA. How can you get to MN from GA in one day, its already late in the afternoon. I'm getting the feeling I'm being pacified so I call the broker and asked them to followup on the transport. The broker called transport and reported back to me that the transport is on the road and will be in MN on Monday and if I had further questions I should call the transport co. Monday came and went - etc... finally they picked it up on Friday August 21st. I had even a worse experience on the delivery trip. They had 6 missed delivery promises, no follow-up or follow-thru and when I connected with either the broker or transport I received miss-truths, excuses, pacification, procrastination, confusion and complacency and misdirection. To sum it up car was not delivered until September 2nd. This has been the worst transport experience. I feel the broker ducking their responsibility in our contract, tried to make excuses for the transport company and pan the responsibility off on me the client. So much for the name of the transport company "On Time Auto Carrier" more like "Waste of Time Carriers" I would never use or recommend this broker or transport....[More]
By Rick on Saks Auto Trans about 9 Hours Ago
I used this company because of past ratings and references. The first driver that was suppose to pick up my car truck broke down and I had to call the customer service line to find this out. The next driver was suppose to give me a 24 hour notice before pick up he called a couple hours before pick up then he tells me if my car weights to much he's charging me $100 extra. I was never told when delivery would be until I emailed the company. The only information sent was how much it would be and how to make payment. The driver calls me monday afternoon at 2 and says your car will be delivered between 5-7 once again no notice which I called the company and asked for a notice so I can be in the area and have payment. Not very happy at all about the driver and process think I will use another company that communicates better next time. ...[More]
By Tony on 1Flat-Rate LLC about 9 Hours Ago
Henry was extremely rude. I wanted to ship my car from CA to IN and called months ahead to get a quote. He seemed nice in the beginning but as it got closer to the ship date, I started getting worried since I had to ship by car by a general date so that I would be able to receive it after I arrive. It was about a week before we agreed to ship the car when I called to confirm everything (since its my first time shipping my car or anything of that sort). During the call, he started getting annoyed and started to raise his voice and yell at me. He seemed extremely mad when I asked him why he was yelling and cussing at me (I mean I understand if he was having a bad day, but come on). He then responded by saying that he was not yelling (when obviously he was). I then asked to talk to his supervisor and he then retorted laughingly that he was the boss. I then asked him if this is how he treats his customers and sincerely told him that I just wanted to confirm everything. After all this, he told me to hold on tight until he gives me a call back. He called me two days before he was supposed to get my car and said that he found a driver to get my car THAT DAY. I told him I was not ready and that I thought we planned to do it two days later (and besides if I did it that day, then there would be no one to receive my car on that end since I was planning to travel later on that week). He then said he would call me back waiting on other drivers. On the day in which he said we would get my car, I did not receive any call. I called him the day after for an update and he told me that I still had to wait which it took around 7 days to ship and it was already 5 days before I was supposed to leave. I then proceeded to look at other options and found Kim through Tru Auto Transport. She quickly helped me organize a driver for my car for $900 (more expensive but I needed it), while Henry tried to low ball me at $800 (offering the driver $500 and then keeping $300, no wonder no driver wanted to take the job). Kim gave me a great driver (keeping $100 for herself and $800 for the driver). She was timely and very very accommodating and actually nice! Real talk. My car actually came early too! I would not recommend Coastal Car Transport or Henry at all. He was very rude and does not know how to handle customers in a professional way. You should use Tru Auto Transport instead!!...[More]
By Ron on Coastal Car Transport Inc about 10 Hours Ago
Response from Coastal Car Transport Inc
Henry H about 2 Minutes Ago
We at Coastal Car Transport strive to exceed our customer’s expectation in both service and pricing. We believe in trust, loyalty, and integrity. Sinc...[More]
I went to them because my Audi dealer recommend them and said they had transported cars for them and done a good job. All they really are is a shipping broker and I don't feel they did anything to earn their cut which was about 20% of the total fee ($875 total with $700 going to the transport company. It started out very smooth and professional, but I ended up on my own dealer with the actual transport company when pick up did not occur as I was told it would. I got my car delivered and the receiving deadline was met, but the pickup was supposed to occur over the weekend and when it went awry Dealer2Dealer failed to respond or have a weekend contact. I sent an email and left a voicemail and five days later, they have yet to respond While I would use the actual transport company (Bright Auto Transport) again, I would not do business with the broker (Dealer2Dealer) again and I urge anyone to avoid going through a broker if you can. It adds a layer, cost and raises the odds there will be problems. Maybe they conduct themselves differently with dealers than they did with a retail customer. It wouldn't surprise me if they did. More reason to avoid them. If they had responded I probably would be writing something about how I understand these things happen and it worked out in the end, but they didn't respond. Ignoring a customer trying to contact you when things are going wrong or not is an unforgivable sin....[More]
By Michael on Dealer To Dealer Auto Transport about 11 Hours Ago
Gave 2 weeks for a pickup of 8/26. Was quote $1200 from Eric. 2 days before pickup no msg so called Eric returned call following day "working it will find a driver". Aug 26 no driver no call. Aug 28 had to leave for Charleston and told "Dispatch to priority". Then on Sept 1st says to up to 1300 or work with another company even though Ship Direct cleary states Multiple companies working same system could cause delays. And on 9/3 got a hold of Michael C. And with me on the line called up Actual drivers and for 1300 able to get car schedule. I dont care if you are a 5 star company if you waste 5 weeks and cant deliver you are a horrible company. Oh and interesting after going up to 1275 for driver dispatch website still showed 1100. Next time when you say youre doing everything call up drivers directly. Wasted time...[More]
By AJ on Ship a Car Direct about 12 Hours Ago
They did not pick the car, they don't answer their phone calls, if they did they leave you on hold till forever. they are absolutely the worst. never experienced such a horrible customer service...[More]
By faisal on United American Auto Transport about 17 Hours Ago
I'm writing an additional review on this company because they tried to lie and hide my review saying I was never their customer. I disputed that and showed proof that I was a customer with them and sent these to transport review. They re-posted my review after that. I also ended up getting my $95 reimbursed back to my card but only after I told them that I had filed a claim with the Illinois BBB. They called me repeatedly and tried to say they were "concerned" about the service I got but only made excuses as to why it happened. They basically kept throwing their own employees under the bus saying that it was because they were new or not knowledgeable in dealing with the customers. WOW! They don't value their customers, they don't value their employees, and they are extremely deceptive in their business practices. Go with GODSPEED TRANSPORT Inc. When I told him my horror story, Michael from Godspeed quickly gave me peace of mind. Stateway has been putting fake reviews to make it look like people are actually getting excellent service. To someone that doesn't know any better they base their decision off of those false reviews. They also tell their customers that there are no drivers in your area and keep delaying your car shipment until they get a price THEY want. DONT FALL FOR IT......use Godspeed Transport Inc. ask for Micheal Pederson. When I talked to Michael he told me that there are hundreds of drivers across the US available all the time. If you do your research it's true. Please look up all the honest negative reviews that Stateway is getting and base your decision off of those. Not the false reviews that they are having their employees write. They also bribe past customers by offering to pay the difference that they paid for another company...the customer deletes negative review, writes good review, they get the check, and it bounces for insufficient funds. If you want a good honest and reputable company contact GODSPEED TRANSPORT INC. ...[More]
By SGM on Stateway Auto Transport on Sep 3 2015 1:32AM
Made arrangements to ship a car to Maine the second week in June. "Get It Done" charged my Discover Card $90.00 as a deposit. As time went on towards June it became obvious that they were not able to meet our time line. So, we cancelled the order and got another company that could meet our needs at a higher fee. Since that time we have contacted "Get It Done" numerous times to get our deposit refunded. We were assured each time that the refund would be made. This has yet to happen. Can't recommend them!!...[More]
By Ron Chase on Get it Done Transportation on Sep 3 2015 12:52AM
Response from Get it Done Transportation
David Pein about 15 Hours Ago
First I want to apologize to Ron for the delay on the refund. The truck we assigned was delayed due to a mechanical issue by 48hrs. Ron wasnt able to ...[More]
We dropped off our car at the DAS terminal in Virginia on June 3. Our car finally arrived in Oregon on July 2. So it took DAS 29 days to ship the car for a fee of $1720. The car was incredibly dirty and the tires were partially flattened because the car had been idle for so long. When I talked to DAS in late June, I was told that the car sat in the Virginia terminal for 3 weeks without even being loaded onto a truck. Moreover, for about one week in late June, no one at DAS could even tell me where the car was and when it would arrive in Oregon. During this time, I got several automated messages from DAS that provided misleading or incorrect information on the status of the car shipment. It is absolutely unacceptable that it took 29 days to ship our car. And it is absolutely unacceptable that DAS didn't even know what was going on for several weeks. I have complained about this to a DAS person by phone and in an email to the salesperson Bryan Evans, and I have also submitted an online survey describing the problems we have had. But DAS has not even bothered to reply. ...[More]
By Cary H on Dependable Auto Shippers on Sep 2 2015 10:45PM
Contacted shipper an discovered they were actually third party. Ordered "Express" shipping option which was supposed to get the vehicle picked up in 1-2 days. It took 6 days to pick it up, no refund for lost time. Was not contacted by carrier on pickup. Requested update on scheduled drop off date and was told I would be called back, which never happened....[More]
By Connor Brown on Direct Express Auto Transport on Sep 2 2015 10:39PM
They did a good job moving my car across the country. Both the pickup and deliver drivers are courteous and professional. The trucking company is VNS Auto Transport Inc. I will hire them anytime. The communication with Ship A Car Direct is what I believe needs improvement. The form emails about what to pay attention and how to pay the final installment were all very helpful. The few form email from the contact person was ok, too. But the communication was really lacking when I needed to know the simple status of pickup or deliver time - delayed or not. The pickup driver called twice to delay the time which was ok with their scheduling and traffic situation. But he called me late in the night and 2 hours before pickup - not a day before as promised. So I was hanging there guessing (Stuck at home). On the deliver side, I had to email and call the contact person a few times to find out it was delayed. Unfortunately for me, the new date was a Sunday. The contact person didn't respond at all. I made 2 calls to the customer service center to get someone on the other end. The agent promised that he would track down the driver and call me back with the current status. He did not call back. The deliver driver finally called late in the night and committed to deliver the next morning. It was a very smooth and simple delivery. If I ever need another shipping, I will check if they have an online tracking system or a very simple and honest status report system. I don't ship my car across the country very often and it's not a very expensive car. But it's my car and I need it. To have clear and honest communication about the shipping status was all I needed - delayed or not....[More]
By Chris Tsai on Ship a Car Direct on Sep 2 2015 1:47AM
Response from Ship a Car Direct
Michael Strickland on Sep 2 2015 9:50PM
Thank you for your feedback, Chris. You are right about status updates. The auto shipping industry does not have an online, on-demand tracking system ...[More]
I received a quote for $850. I booked the shipment at $850. Dan Gibson sent me an email warning me of companies that lure you in with a low price and then raise rates on you. Then he said my price was $1150 not $850. He was doing the one thing he was warning me about. When I confronted him by email I got about very unprofessional response. Thanks for making this decision easy for me by revealing your deceitful marketing and business practices up front. First email from Dan Thank you for placing your order with us. Our goal is your complete satisfaction. We understand that your 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited coming from San Diego,CA going to Jacksonville, FL for a total cost of $850 will be available for pickup on or after 10/17/15. You should hear from us soon to arrange for shipping, and we are here to answer your questions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! *please note, THIS IS NOT A CONTRACT. If you have booked this order online, this order is not confirmed! You are required to give us a call to finalize your order. Sincerely, Dan Gibson Secure Auto Shipping Inc. 561-200-3777 x1 dan.gibson@secureautoshipping.com Second email from Dan Hello Nathan, this is Dan with Secure Auto Shipping. I was just wondering if you still need to transport a Jeep Wrangler from CA to FL. If you still do, there is a driver available that can have it picked up some time this week, if you're not in a rush, with my company you can place a reserve your spot in the truck in advance for free, we don't take money upfront. Our quotes are ALL INCLUSIVE with no hidden fees or pay upfront. The absolute best that I can offer you for this route and the type of vehicle you're shipping, without having any issue in the entire process, would be $1195. Bare in mind that if you go with the cheapest price, that company giving you that rate, could be just fishing for your business, and before you notice they will increase the price. If you receive a quote from us for less than $1195, that was an error that our system is responsible for and we have our tech guys working to solve that ASAP. That's why we always try to call any customer to explain how this all works and to warn them about the least reputable companies. Feel free to call me or simply reply this email. I'm here to help and to take out all the hassle that shipping a car could turn out to be. Kind regards. - Dan Gibson Logistics Coordinator Secure Auto Shipping, Inc. Our goal is your complete satisfaction! Free: 888-425-5340 ext 7013 Direct: 561-771.9244 Fax: 954 827-0804 dan.gibson@secureautoshipping.com www.SecureAutoShipping.com I requested written confirmation that my shipment was canceled. Dan responded What shipment? There will be no driver for you with a low price. So if you're trying another company for the incorrect price, save yourself a lot of hassle and time. ...[More]
By nate on Secure Auto Transport on Sep 2 2015 1:25AM
I've had my car transported cross country before so this isn't my first experience with this sort of business. The reason for my terrible experience is that the company that picked up my order, Ramaz Trans Inc, had a driver that demanded that the trunk of my car be opened or else he could not transport my car. Understandably, he needed to inspect the contents in my trunk for any dangerous or illegal items. The problem is that Direct Express Auto Transport never communicated to me that the driver would need to inspect the inside of my trunk. The trunk wasn't accessible to the driver because I had left only the valet key for my friends to give to him, which cannot open the trunk. Also, I had locked the trunk release inside my car (on the floor next to the driver's seat). Why would I make the trunk inaccessible? Because the contract stated that any loss or theft of the items in my car were not the responsibility of the transport company. So to ensure the safety of my personal belongings, I locked my trunk and the trunk release inside my car as anyone would. However, I was never told that the driver would need to open the trunk to inspect the contents. The driver who said he had 20+ years of experience said that it was protocol for all drivers across the board. I also want to mention that the driver said that I was supposed to keep the trunk empty but in the contract, it clearly stated that I could place items in my trunk up to 100 lbs worth of weight. I don't blame Ramaz Tran Inc (who tried their best to be helpful) so much as I blame Direct Express Auto Transport for not clearly communicating to me the need for my trunk to be accessible to the truck driver. This whole issue cost me extra money as well. Also, I don't know who to blame for this, except that I know I'm not at fault, but when I received my car, I unlocked the inside trunk lever, but it doesn't lift up to open my trunk. The trunk release is stuck meaning that it doesn't budge at all whether I unlock or lock it (of course, I used my master key to do it). Another problem I had was that the driver couldn't come to my home address to pick up my car. So my friends had to drive to a local store that had a big enough driveway for his truck. This was something that was unexpected. Direct Express Auto Transport never told me that I might need to meet the driver somewhere else. This caused a headache for me, too, because at first just one of my friends was supposed to meet the driver at my home. But I had to scramble to find two friends so that one could drive my car while the other drove their own car to be able to give a ride to the friend who was dropping off the car in the first place. I also place the blame for this on Direct Express Auto Transport. They should have known that my home street wasn't big enough for a truck and they should have told me ahead of time where an appropriately sized pick up location should be so that I could have planned it instead of scrambling last minute over the phone while I was making my cross country drive. For the reasons stated above, I will never use Direct Express Auto Transport again. Take heed and remember to leave the master key for the driver at pick up and keep in mind that you might need to meet the driver at a different location if your street isn't big enough for a car-carrying truck....[More]
By Daniel So on Direct Express Auto Transport on Sep 2 2015 1:00AM
Response from Direct Express Auto Transport
Mike Rupers on Sep 2 2015 2:45PM
Hundreds of thousands of satisfied customers speak for itself. We are sorry that customer Daniel So is dissatisfied but this is the first time we have...[More]
21 days to get my truck back. Seven days past ETA date, had to rent a car $384.00. Response from DAS was I should of spent to to get my truck on time. If you want to pay a high price and get poor service then DAS is great. If you don't want to feel used to some where else....[More]
By William Cody on Dependable Auto Shippers on Sep 2 2015 12:15AM
I went with Car Transport Express because in the quote I was emailed, it stated they were not just a broker, but had their own drivers. In setting things with César, he not only assured me but promised men that my car would be picked up between the 27-28th of August. The week of pickup (Monday), I began calling and again was promised and reassured my car would be picked up. Wednesday, I was told the truck would be in town Thursday evening and my car would be picked up Friday morning and Tom or César would call me Thursday afternoon. Nether one of them called in fact they began to not answer my calls. So my husband called from his cell phone and they answered right away, he passed me the phone and I spoke with Charlie (a supervisor) that's what he told me and I mentioned the fact my calls were being avoided and he said "oh your calling from the 281 area code. I have a lot of missed calls from that number." Friday comes and still nothing Charlie was going to talk to dispatch to see if there was a driver and call me back, he never did. Needless to say I want with another company, who found a driver within 2 hours and provided me the name and contact number for the driver who picked up my car the next day. I would say do not use this company their employees are liars and I would never call someone something that they are not. However, I have experienced first had the lies from this company's employees and their is no integrity there. Save your self alot of headache and trouble and bypass this company. To avoid a customer after promises are made because you have their deposit and not communicate anything but lies is not good business. ...[More]
By Theresa on Car Transport Express on Sep 1 2015 8:17PM
Was quoted 675 through an email. Spoke with Tracy, she was initially very nice. Promised all kinds of stuff. Told me the driver would be picking up my car within 24 hours, which was needed to avoid storage fees. 4 days later, I get a call that they can not do it for the original quote, the driver needs more. What am I to do, Ive already wasted that time, and had to pay an extra 200 in storage fees. So i spoke with Jason. He assured me that the driver would be there first thing in the morning to pick the car up to avoid any more storage fees. Of course that didnt happen. Now after more money, more storage fees, finally the car is picked up. Lets just hope that the car gets here in one piece. The only person who has been truthful in this whole thing is the driver, who is contracted by All Terrain. So he is the only one i have confidence in. I will never ship with them again. I will do everything in my power to make sure my story is heard. Hopefully it encourages people to make a better decision than I did....[More]
By Jeremy on All Terrain Auto Transport on Sep 1 2015 8:07PM
We have been dealing with "Crystal" from this company since the 17 Aug 15. She has given us the run around AFTER taking our deposit of $200. We have rang numerous times getting the voice mail. Used a different phone number and she picked up. Told another run around story and now doesnt seem to respond to messages left. Its obvious she took our money. We are retired military and thought this was a respected company. No respected company should treat customers this way. I wouldnt waste my time with this company. There has to be a way to put them out of business for taking peoples' money without providing the service. FRAUD/DISHONEST. ...[More]
By VLucas on Around The World Auto Carriers on Sep 1 2015 5:39PM
EJW Trucking uses an old 18 wheel car carrier to transport cars long distance. They transported my vintage 1979 corvette on the lower level of the carrier from Boston to Florida. Above it they put an old SUV that leaked oil and gas all over my vette. The driver apologized but the company ignored my requests for their insurance carrier and would not take responsibility for the damaged paint. Not only did they pick the car up two days late and deliver it 13 days late (because they wait until they fill up their truck), they damaged my prized antique. Stay away from EJW Trucking!!!...[More]
By Robert Deblinger on EJW Trucking LLC on Sep 1 2015 5:34PM
I was promised 5-7 days for delivery. My car ended up being delivered on the 10th day. Delivery guy said my car would be dropped off at 330pm it ended up delivered at 730pm. Overall the tardiness of this company is sub par. I would not use again when I have to ship my car back to NY. My car has scratches on the door from being transported. ...[More]
By Jeffrey on 7 Start Auto Transport on Sep 1 2015 2:11PM
Don't use these guys. I should have read reviews before I agreed to have them ship my car. I was looking for someone to pick up my car ASAP and had gotten a quote for $800 from another broker. I contact Freight transporters and told them what the situation was and told them I wanted something less expensive. Victor got back to me and told me he had gotten a better quote; $800! Told him again I already had a quote for that much and was looking for something better. He said he negotiated a better price of $775 which as only $25. I was out of town and wanted to get deal done so I agreed. He dispatched truck and sent me invoice. Invoice was for $800. I told him we agreed on $775 and please send new invoice. He apologized and said he would correct it. He sent a new invoice which was again $800. I again told him to correct it. I got an email the next day saying he was not going to change the invoice be "it was to much trouble" and that he thought he deserved the extra $25. I again told him we agreed on $775 and to send me a new invoice. He emailed me saying I didn't appreciate how much work he did for me. Gee, same price I already had! Lot's of work. Again told him to change invoice. He sent back multiple nasty emails. Bait and switch seems to be the modus operandi for this company....[More]
By Mark Rocklin on Freight Brokers of America on Sep 1 2015 12:41PM