View 156,502 Reviews on 3,653 Auto Transport Companies.
Facebook Twitter Google+

Reviews:

Reviews from All Customers.

Reviews from Customers who would use the company again.

Reviews from Customers who would NOT use the company again.

Newest Reviews

Please make selections above and click "Run Report" Run Report
Previous 1 2 3 Next
Page 1 of 3
Reviews 1-25 of 55
Felicia failed to honor the scheduled shipment contract and my car was delivered the day after Christmas to a salvage yard (Planned arrival window was 29-31 December). I have yet to receive any money to recoup the storage fees incurred while at the salvage yard and Felicia has not returned my calls or emails. While the car did arrive in relatively good condition (very dirty), the customer service and their ability to manage their commitments is extremely poor. Bottom line: I DO NOT RECOMMEND AUTO SHIPPING GROUP! ...[More]
By Brian S. on Auto Shipping Group Inc. on Jan 30 2015 8:38AM
Response from Auto Shipping Group Inc.
Greg Bailey on Jan 30 2015 10:12AM
** Call Felicia @ (602) 428-6872 or email felicia@autoshippinggroup.com** Hello Brian, Thank you for taking timeout to provide feedback on your experi...[More]
I was told my vehicle would be picked up on December 11 from my father's residence and delivered to my residence in California within 10 days. I inquired as to whether or not the vehicle would be picked up at my father's house and not another location and was assured there would be no problem. On the day of pickup, as I'm driving cross country to my destination in California, I am called by the truck driver who barely speaks any English. I was eventually able to figure out that he was parked at a Wawa about 3 miles from my father's house and wanted to pick the car up there. Given that I couldn't make alternative arrangements because I was driving and because the driver spoke little English, my 65 year old father drove my car to the Wawa to the driver and then had to WALK all the way back to his house. This was not at all the experience that was discussed with me when I made arrangements with Auto Shipping Group. My vehicle was then supposed to be delivered on December 21. I was then informed that the vehicle would not be able to be delivered on that date and that I would need to contact the local trucking company that would be completing the delivery. I called the local company multiple times to find out when I could expect delivery of the vehicle. They would give me a date and then tell me they would call back to confirm and would never call back. This happened about 3 times. My car was eventually delivered on December 26; 5 days after the LATEST delivery date I was promised. I was very underwhelmed with my experience with Auto Shipping Group. I would not use them again nor would I recommend them to anyone....[More]
By Vinnie on Auto Shipping Group Inc. on Jan 29 2015 2:19PM
Response from Auto Shipping Group Inc.
Greg Bailey on Jan 29 2015 3:10PM
5 STAR SERVICE PLEASE CALL DIRECT FOR QUOTES*** 360-200-7549. Brandon@autoshippinggroup.com Hello Vinnie, Sorry for the delay with the driver and ca...[More]
I started off wanting a closed carier but Julie could not find one and this was after 3 weeks of waiting so when it came to being 5 days before I had to leave Colorado I had to agree to an open carrier. The drivers were very rude and rushed to put my very expensive Corvetteon the back of their truck and strapped only 2 wheels down for the 1267 mile trip to Washington DC. When my car was delivered one day late it was the dirtiest I'd ever seen it, it was covered in dirt so bad that I had to roll the passenger and driver windows down just to see to drive it to the nearest car wash. I was not happy with this transport and if I ever move or purchase a car in another state then I'll use someone else. ...[More]
By Aaron Webb on Auto Shipping Group Inc. on Jan 28 2015 8:32PM
Response from Auto Shipping Group Inc.
Greg Bailey on Jan 28 2015 9:07PM
JULIE JOHNSTON Aaron I am very sorry that you were not happy with the transport. There was not an enclosed carrier on this route that could do your t...[More]
I had to pay more than the quoted price! Jeff said he made a mistake. First, he increased the price by $50, then he increased by another $50 in the final contract! When I asked him why the price was higher than the quoted price, he said that he simply made a mistake. I have never seen somebody run a business like that! He broke his own words. Nevertheless, they charged more than they promised. Communication was poor and the story kept changing. The company kept referring me to the dispatch. This is the second time I work with this company and it was not anything like the previous time. I was disappointed on the pick up date, communication line and more importantly, not adhering to the quoted price. ...[More]
By Amin Ahmadzadeh on Auto Shipping Group Inc. on Jan 18 2015 3:24AM
Response from Auto Shipping Group Inc.
Greg Bailey on Jan 19 2015 11:38AM
Auto Shipping Group 360-207-5480 CALL FOR A FREE QUOTE ANYTIME! Amin, We would like to apologize that your process was not as smooth as you would ...[More]
I was originally given a quote by Martha for $750 over the phone and then, she e-mailed me a quote for $800. When I asked about it, she revised it and sent me a new quote. She nevered explained to me what could happen with the holidays and getting a carrier. When I tried to contact her about getting a carrier, I could not reach her and she didn't return my calls, even when she told me she would be working. My preferred pickup days were Saturday Jan 3rd and Sunday Jan 4th. As of first thing on Monday morning January 5th, I still did not have a carrier and any idea when the vehicle would be picked up. On Friday afternoon Jan 2nd, I received an e-mail from a Stephanie that Martha had quit and she would not longer be handling my order. I then had to call Stephanie to fill her in on my order and how anxious I was to get the car shipped over the weekend. She was only working until 3pm that day but assured me that there would be someone looking to get me a carrier after 3pm and I would get a call. She never explained that if I didn't get a call about a carrier by 5pm that day, there would be NO ONE working the weekend to get me a carrier. So, when I called over the weekend to find out the status, I talked to a very RUDE broker who told me the truth in not a very nice way. Needless to say, when I finally did get a call on Monday afternoon that they found a carrier, the price was now going to be $1,000 ($250 above original estimate) but they would reduce their broker fee by $100 to make it $900. It was an extremely stressful experience, especially during the holidays. Because of the car shipping late, my parents also had to spend $200 more in car rental fees. So, I am exremely unhappy with the final cost and my overall stressful experience. We will have to get the car shipped back in a few months and I will NEVER use this company again. There was one Broker in the company Tye that was honest and helpful to me in my moments of stress and frustration. And, I was happy with the carrier that shipped the car....[More]
By Lisa Light on Auto Shipping Group Inc. on Jan 17 2015 10:37PM
Response from Auto Shipping Group Inc.
Greg Bailey on Jan 22 2015 2:14PM
Lisa...No excuses from us. We pride ourselves on exceptional customer care and in your case it's clear we did not provide that. We have full time st...[More]
My car was picked up on-time, but couldn't be delivered on-time because the trailer they had broke down. This inconvenienced me immensely because I needed my car to get around. Not only did their trailer break down, but I was told that they could not service the vehicle on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. My car was scheduled for approximately that Friday, so it was already going to be late, which I was fine with, but knowing that I wouldn't have my car until most probably the following Thursday/Friday was disheartening. ...[More]
By Luis Santiago on Auto Shipping Group Inc. on Jan 15 2015 11:54AM
Response from Auto Shipping Group Inc.
Greg Bailey on Jan 15 2015 8:46PM
TIGE YEARGIN 602.428.6882 TIGE@AUTOSHIPPINGGROUP.COM Thank you for allowing me to move your vehicle. We strive to make each move as smooth as possible...[More]
shipped my car with autoshippingGroup after reading all the positive reviews here, but only to find out firsthand that this company knowingly pulled out all negative reviews including my first review. I've proof if anyone need them and will also file with BBB. The truth is, I will not ship with this broker again. They will promise to take care of your car and deliver in time, but when things felled apart, car arrived 2 weeks late and interior of car dirtied, they will claim there is nothing they can do and point you to the contract that it's carrier problem not their even though I booked through them. I also has a bad experience with their weekend rep who lectured me that I do not understand transport businesss, extremely impolite. My carrier is CAA Transport, their review is here http://www.transportreviews.com/company/caa-transport.asp. A trusted broker would not pick such a low rating carrier. asked to change carrier they ask me to have their trust...[More]
By Jian on Auto Shipping Group Inc. on Jan 14 2015 6:09PM
Response from Auto Shipping Group Inc.
Greg Bailey on Jan 22 2015 2:40PM
Jian...you booked your order with us in September 2014 and your transport concluded in early October. Your first complaint was that you were overchar...[More]
Was given a quote and told Dan to go ahead and set up transport. He told me the car would be on its way in 3 days. On that third day he called me to say he couldn't get anyone to agree to ship it, for the quoted price, or even after adding 3-4 hundred dollars more, and wanted to know if I wanted him to keep working on it. I told him to kill the deal. He had placed a deposit hold on my CC, and told me that I had to call to get it released. I told him that he placed the hold, so needed to release it. He played dumb, saying Only I could release it. What??!! Long story short, I called another shipping company and within 24 hours I had a confirmed ship date and a driver assigned. Don't call Dan or any other representative of Auto Shipping Group. He has no idea what he is doing. Stay away. K.S....[More]
By K. E Severino on Auto Shipping Group Inc. on Jan 6 2015 6:58PM
Overall our vehicle transport service was only OK. Pick-up was on time, delivery was early and communication was maintained throughout. However, upon receiving our cars, one was quite dirty on the inside with stains on the leather seat that still won't come off. Also, we were told that the cars would be delivered to our new home, only to be told we would meet in our new town the day before delivery, yet in the end we were driven by an employee 35 miles away from where we were originally told our cars would be delivered. Our ride with the employee was in a car with no seat belts and the driver was extremely unfriendly and unsafe. We were also quoted an original price and three days before our cars were to be picked up the price had gone up by several hundred dollars. ...[More]
By Stephen Waterbrook on Auto Shipping Group Inc. on Jan 5 2015 12:36PM
Response from Auto Shipping Group Inc.
Greg Bailey on Jan 6 2015 3:56PM
Lance Staab 360-406-4893 lance@autoshippinggroup.com...Stephen..We appreciate your business and I enjoyed working with you. It is not commonplace for...[More]
My experience with Auto Shipping Group started out great. My rep, Randy Chavez, was very friendly and answered all of my questions knowledgeably. That being said, it went downhill from there. The driver sent to pick up the car kept pushing the pickup. I waited around all day and pushed my own obligations back each time I got a call. He finally came to pick up at 6 pm the day after the original pick up was scheduled. I was even asked if I could drop it off at their terminal because they weren't going to make it until the day after quoted. I wouldn't have minded dropping off if I didn't have 2 toddlers that were already in bed when I got that call. Ultimately, the car was picked up (much to the dismay of my neighbors whose parking spots were blocked for 30 minutes right when they were coming home from work). We proceeded to drive our other car across the country. It took us 7 days, and we were in FL to accept delivery. I had been trying to contact the driver throughout the week because of weather issues in the north, and I wanted to make sure we would still make it on time. I couldn't reach him, so I tried contacting Randy to find out if there was another way to track the vehicle. He did answer my question, but not without a passive aggressive line mentioning that the driver's contact info was in the email he had sent me. It seemed like he didn't want to be bothered anymore because his job was done. The delivery day came and went with no contact from the driver. We had rushed across the country, driving 13 hours (with a 3 yr old and a 1 yr old) some days, only to arrive on the day of scheduled delivery (Friday) and being unable to reach the driver. I called daily in the morning, as instructed, to set up a delivery time. Each time, I got a voicemail on which I could not leave a message because the inbox was full. When I did reach someone back at the office, I was told that he was probably asleep, and that he would call when he woke up. He also told me that the delivery would be Saturday now. Saturday, no delivery. Sunday, no delivery. I FINALLY heard from the driver on Sunday night saying that he would be delivering it on Monday at 7 am. We were up and ready for delivery a little early, just in case. We waited. And waited. And waited. We were in the process of buying a house and had an appointment for 10 AM. We pushed it 3 times before I finally had to just schedule it for 1 and hope the car didn't arrive while we were gone. I got a call 45 minutes before I had to leave for the appointment. The driver said he was on the north side of Jacksonville and he would be there to deliver in 45 minutes. I told him that I wouldn't be available until 2 because I had been waiting around all day and he said, and I quote, "Sorry, I fell asleep. My bad." Seriously? He said he had been driving until 5 AM and needed to sleep. I totally get that, and wouldn't want him being unsafe by driving while overly tired. But don't schedule a 7 AM Delivery if you know you're going to be working until 5 AM! He said that if I didn't accept delivery when he was available, he would not deliver my car. So, I had to put my schedule on hold AGAIN, for a total of 3.5 days before finally getting a call saying delivery was going to take place, and if I can't drop everything then I don't get my car? I thought the whole thing was just unprofessional. I do understand that the logistics business is full of uncertainty when it comes to weather and traffic, etc, but the communication was awful from the start. I had even mentioned to Randy that I was very flexible and understanding when it comes to delays, but all I ask is to be communicated with about any delays. Ultimately, I got the car and, other than being filthy, it was undamaged. Although, we wouldn't have been able to tell if it had been damaged because it was so caked with filth that it was impossible to tell. Honestly, if there's ever a chance we will need to ship a car again, we'll just drive, regardless of how inconvenient it is. Not all of my issues were the fault of the broker company, but I was assured that Auto Shipping Group only used companies that were professional and prompt. I experienced absolute unprofessionalism the whole time, and dealt with many delays (none of which were communicated to me). ...[More]
By Jennifer E on Auto Shipping Group Inc. on Jan 5 2015 12:12PM
Response from Auto Shipping Group Inc.
Greg Bailey on Jan 5 2015 4:11PM
Auto Shipping Group 360-207-5480 CALL FOR A FREE QUOTE! Jennifer, We are so sorry to hear that the carrier did not communicate they way they were su...[More]
Auto Shipping Group quoted my shipment incorrectly (open instead of closed) which caused a lot of confusion, miscommunication, and "firing" of 2 sketchy carriers. When I figured out that the quote was incorrect and finally amended, my vehicle was picked up on the last available day. I will probably try to work with a different broker for future car shipments....[More]
By Alli Coker on Auto Shipping Group Inc. on Nov 15 2014 8:52PM
Response from Auto Shipping Group Inc.
Greg Bailey on Nov 16 2014 11:46PM
Kimberly@Autoshippinggroup.com 360-200-6854 CALL OR EMAIL ME FOR A FREE QUOTE. I HAVE BEEN WITH OUR COMPANY GOING ON 9 YEARS NOW! Alli, I do want...[More]
I first came into contact with Dan Cabral around the 1st of October 2014. He appeared to be very professional and tried to give me all the information up front. Although one of his selling points for “Auto Shipping Group Inc” was to look at the reviews for his company and I will see the proof of their track record. I did and I was very pleased with what I found, until I actually committed and went through the process with Auto Shipping Group Inc. and the company which actually picked up and transported my vehicle which is Transport Express. The main thing that I wanted to accomplish was to get an update on pivotal times during my move from Ft. Lewis, WA to Ft. Lee, VA. The driver called me about a week before scheduled pick up to inquire if I would be willing for a one day early pick up. I told the driver that would not be possible and he responded that he would call me back with what time he would arrive on the pickup day. I did not receive any calls and when I called back between one and two days to pick up I continued to get the answering machine with no reply to my voice mails. Since the transport company would not pick up I called Dan Cabral and miraculously the transport company picked up for Dan. This was my first indicator of call screening on behalf of the transport company. Since I was not going to receive my car because I was not going to be in Tennessee upon arrival I was going to have a friend receive my car. My friend had some specific questions that could not be answered so I called multiple times to the transportation company and no answer still. I had to call Dan again while I was in Los Angeles and he was somehow able to reach the transport company which is the second sign of call screening. During this time I asked Dan what numbers he used to contact the transportation company and he gave me the numbers but I still did not have any luck in reaching the transportation company. So, I called Dan back and asked him to call the transportation company and ask them to call me so I could communicate directly with the transportation company. Dan was not supportive of my request and refused to assist me. I do not have the time to get a question, call Dan, wait for Dan to call me back to ask question, Dan call the transportation company and ask question, then call me back. The funny thing is though, I can actually say with almost 100% certainty that Transport Express was screening their calls. Over three days of trying to call Transport Express which was in my delivery window I was able to reach them once and get an actual delivery day. Also, on one day before delivery there was a woman that called me and asked if I had payment in order for the driver. There was some miscommunication about the money order my friend got from the bank, because on the actual Bill of Lading it says “Cash, Postal Money Order, Western Union, or Money Gram”. So my friend got a money order from the bank because I didn’t know there is a difference from a money order from the bank or a postal money order. Also what is funny I tried to get this question resolved but Transport Express would never return calls or answer my calls due to call screening. The lady I was talking to began to get frustrated and irate over the phone because I brought up the call screening issues. On top of this the driver arrived in the morning around seven o’clock instead in the afternoon like the irate lady told me which didn’t allow my buddy to get a postal money order. Since the post office is not open at seven o’clock the driver was happy to accept a personal money order. Now back to the reviews for Auto Shipping Group Inc. I have received multiple phone calls and four e-mails about giving a five star rating for Auto Shipping Group Inc. and I would be put in a lottery to win the amount of my shipping fee back. My first question is why am I being reminded of this every time I call and receiving guilt trip type of e-mails to give a five star review? I didn’t think about it much at first but as my experience continued to worsen I realized that this is how Auto Shipping Group Inc. has one of the best ratings. I even doubt that there is a Lottery to win your money back. It sounds good to win your money back, but I just want to let everyone know that you should give an honest review and not base your review on a lottery that may not even be there. The reason I say all of this is because I was on the verge of feeling harassed by Dan with all of his e-mails and pressure from phone calls for a review before my car was delivered. I do understand that there is a difference from the people who contract out the shipping and the shipping company, but the experience is a onetime experience, which I explained to Dan, but he continued to send e-mails and call on multiple occasions about a five star review. In the end, I cannot make up anyone’s minds for them, but I can give an honest review and hope that my review may help out someone else. ...[More]
By Mark Hutson on Auto Shipping Group Inc. on Oct 29 2014 11:52AM
Response from Auto Shipping Group Inc.
Greg Bailey on Oct 29 2014 1:58PM
**AUTO SHIPPING GROUP** DAN CABRAL 360-284-7185 OR DAN@AUTOSHIPPINGGROUP.COM Mark, I would first like to apologize if you were unhappy with my cus...[More]
Only use the car shipping service if you must. The actual vehicle carrier was professional and courteous, however this company is not to be trusted. First, Tony told us that we could pay the carrier with a credit card, only to find out that it required a cashier's check. This was a minor oversight considering we discovered it prior to the actual pick-up of the car. However, when I called to ask about it; he claimed to have told me otherwise. Then when trying to schedule a time for pick up, Tony can only tell me what day, and instructed me to contact the carrier directly to determine the actual time. We shipped from California to Florida, where Tony informed us that it would take eight days to ship, which is great when we were driving across the country. Four days later when we were in Louisiana, we get a call from the carrier saying he is ready, wondering where we were. We immediately call Tony to find out what is going on. He told us to call the carrier to figure out a solution, and then let him know how it turns out... After talking to the carrier, and the carrier's manager, we worked out a solution until we could arrive in Florida. Several hours later, Tony calls to inform us that he talked to the carrier and "worked out a solution" which is the same that we figured out hours earlier. Finally, we make it to our destination and the car is delivered with no other issues. Periodically throughout the car shipping process, Tony continually brought up leaving a good review on transportreviews.com saying that it helps him and his family, it leads to his bonuses, it helps his pay, etc. repeatedly throughout our interaction. Even a week after the car is delivered, he calls me, wondering why I hadn't filled it out yet, and offered to "walk me through" the process as if I'm incapable of figuring it out on my own. To place the final straw on this camel; This is the third time I am writing this review. The reason? Auto Shipping Group has removed the other two reviews claiming that "it is incapable of verifying that I was a client". All this to hide a negative review. In summary, Tony almost refuses to contact the carrier on my behalf (what is the point of a middle-man if I have to contact the carrier directly (i.e. verify pick up time, verify delivery date, reschedule delivery due to early arrival by 4 days)?) however, is willing to go the distance to ensure that his review is completed. And the company isn't trustworthy by trying to censor negative reviews. Perhaps that is how they have been able to maintain their 5-star rating... An afterthought... Carrier Experts for those in the Bay area, the actual shipping company, was very professional and accommodating. I do not know if you can hire them directly, but if you can, I would suggest that rather than deal with Tony. ...[More]
By Nathan on Auto Shipping Group Inc. on Oct 29 2014 12:16AM
Response from Auto Shipping Group Inc.
Greg Bailey on Oct 29 2014 10:35AM
Tony Ferriera 360-464-2582 TonyAutoshippinggroup.com Nathan, I would first like to apologize if you think the service was not as expected. Howeve...[More]
Martha Castillo was my contact person. I was moving overseas when the car is transported, so I know I made sure that if giving my credit card would be sufficient to pay everything. She reassured me that everything will be charged on the credit card automatically, so I did not prepare cash for my sister who is receiving the car in California. My sister informed me when the car arrived in California that she was asked to pay cash, and because she was confused, she contacted Martha for support. She left multiple voice messages but Martha Castillo never called her back. When she reached Martha through her supervisor's number, she hung up the phone call in middle of the conversation - - twice! And Martha never called back my sister. Even though Martha was nice to me when she was managing my case, I was very disappointed to see a two-faced customer service. Once she was paid, she did not care to help after. In addition, she made a mistake of overcharging me and did not bother to tell me about it, nor even apologize to me. I am never using Auto Shipping Group ever again because of this experience. ...[More]
By Amy on Auto Shipping Group Inc. on Oct 27 2014 4:30PM
Response from Auto Shipping Group Inc.
Greg Bailey on Oct 28 2014 6:32PM
This review is incorrect in so many ways. You placed your order 2 months before leaving to Japan and when I had a carrier for you, you were no longer ...[More]
ASG demonstrated horrible communication and my contact person demonstrated a lack of honesty while coordinating the shipment of our vehicle. I have shipped 4 vehicles in the last 6 years, and have never experienced such a horrible business operation as ASG. I chose the company due to past (positive) experiences with Cascade shipping - now a part of ASG parent company. My primary contact person was rarely available, did not respond to phone calls, and was difficult to reach via email. (After getting our pickup date by ASG, I later had to coordinate directly with the trucking company driver upon finding out that I was given a completely incorrect date by ASG which was also past our original availability window). I ended up doing ASG's job for them by coordinating directly with the trucking company myself throughout the entire process. I was told throughout the week that ASG was having "phone problems" - which shouldn't matter - find a phone and call your clients! Extremely difficult to get in contact with anyone. In ASG's defense - they did finally offer to refund all their charges and a VP of ASG called me personally. However, the same communication problems occurred on the delivery end. ...[More]
By M. Paul on Auto Shipping Group Inc. on Oct 21 2014 11:40PM
Response from Auto Shipping Group Inc.
Greg Bailey on Oct 27 2014 6:54PM
Mr. Paul...You asked me personally, if I would assign a different agent to your load based upon communication difficulties you were having with the or...[More]
When we placed our order, we stated the vehicles needed to be picked up on Saturday. We were assured they would be. They did not get picked up until the following Tuesday. We placed the order in plenty of time that expedited shipping was not needed but Tony messed around in finding carriers that by the time a carrier was found his supervisor stated we would have to pay for expedited shipping if we wanted them picked up on Saturday. We feel we were overcharged for the service. Tony called an excessive amount of times to the point it felt like harassment. I would not recommend him. Tony's service was sub-par but the carrier's was excellent. ...[More]
By Dave on Auto Shipping Group Inc. on Oct 16 2014 3:26PM
Response from Auto Shipping Group Inc.
Greg Bailey on Oct 16 2014 7:07PM
Tony Ferriera Auto Shipping Group (360) 464-2582 ext 405...tony@autoshippinggroup.com...Dave, as a company we do everything we can, put forth every ef...[More]
I got an online quote from Auto Shipping Group in Washougal, WA for enclosed shipping and accepted the quote. However, when the transporter showed up, it was an open transporter. I was unable to contact Lance, but the seller in New York did get a call back. The open transporter was sent away, and Lance began to look for an enclosed shipper. However, the price changed because Lance explained that the earlier quote (10922223) was based on open transportation and that the price would be higher for enclosed transportation, in spite of the fact that the first charge was . The original quote was $1145 for open or $1850 for enclosed shipping. The specific price that I got from lance was $1700, and that was the price he said was for open shipping. The increase was to $2215. Since the car was about to be picked up, I was not happy but went along with it. Shipping was arranged, and the transporter was ok at both ends. When I contacted Auto Shipping Group, I was unable to get hold of Lance and he never called me back to explain the difference in price from the $1850 to the actual charge of $2215. If I had known what I now know about Auto Shipping Group, I would have used a dedicated car shipping company that owns their own equipment, rather than an expediter like Auto Shipping Group....[More]
By Stephen Weil on Auto Shipping Group Inc. on Oct 14 2014 2:48PM
Response from Auto Shipping Group Inc.
Greg Bailey on Oct 15 2014 11:01AM
Lance Staab 360-406-4893. lance@autoshippinggroup.com Stephen. I do apologized for the communication issue. It is my intention to give complete and u...[More]
Brandon at the Auto Shipping Group was very pleasant, HOWEVER, he brokered out Affirmative Auto Transport to ship my car. Please read below what happened to the car while in transport. I would use Brandon to ship a vehicle just make sure he does not broker your vehicle to AFFIRMATIVE AUTO TRANSPORT!!!! Affirmative Auto Transport picked up my car for transport to Texas from California, damaged in transit, attempted to cover-up damage, denies damage Affirmative Auto Transport damaged my car (Bill of Lading 287A2) in shipment, then attempted cover it up. For starters, car was two days late for delivery. Reason given was that the 'truck broke down'. The car was delivered at approximately 7:30 pm in Texas, after a walk around I signed off on the delivery and parked the car. The next morning I became aware of a 'Forward Collision Warning' sensor malfunction and the car's EVIC indicated I should clean the sensor (located on the front bottom of the car under the bumper, the sensor controls the Active Cruise Control, and also warns you in the event of an imminent collision). After several attempts to clean the sensor, I took it to a Dodge dealer after two weeks because the car is still under warranty. There I learned the true deception of Affirmative Auto Transport. The sensor was mis-aligned and damaged, and the technician showed evidence of overspray from painting, buffing compound, and even a PEN that was left under the hood, masking tape and non OEM parts including a bumper cover (with the painting instructions still left on) damage to the underside shield, orange peel paint and debris left in paint from a rushed job. Bottom line the car was damaged sometime between when it was picked up and when it was dropped off. Affirmative has never provided any proof that the delivery truck was broken down en route and subsequently repaired and that was the cause for the delay. Had the sensor never malfunctioned I might not have noticed the repair, a good effort was made to conceal the damage, and I did not truly expect a company that has been in the business of transporting cars to damage them. I complained to Affirmative seeking a fair resolution and they simply lied and dismissed my complaint, telling me the car was loaded down the street because there were 'low-hanging' trees in the area. It was a 5 year old neighborhood with new immature trees, not likely. I truly believe this is a dishonest and deceptive company. ...[More]
By Joni on Auto Shipping Group Inc. on Oct 13 2014 11:59AM
Response from Auto Shipping Group Inc.
Greg Bailey on Oct 13 2014 12:33PM
Hello Joni, Sorry for the damages incurred by carrier during transport. We will not be using Affirmative Auto Transport Again. I wish you the be...[More]
When I first started shopping for auto transport, I had no idea what I was in for. Most of the reviews were good and some were scary. I ended up choosing a Broker that quoted the lowest price. I should have been concerned when I tried to reach him for some information and he told me he was taking a fare to the airport (so he drives a Taxi on the side). By this time, I had already given his company my credit card number for the deposit. He told me at first there should be no problem and I explained that the dates for pick up had to be somewhat flexible because my employer was in control of my transfer. As the date got closer and he still had no truck to take my two autos, I became nervous. The Broker asked if my wife and I would drive our cars several hours away to meet one of his trucks! When I finally got desperate I called Auto Shipping Group. They had given me a quote earlier and warned me about accepting another lower quote that was too low (I should have listened). They gave me a new quote and it was higher than what I was hoping to pay but felt like they would come through for me. They did! The driver was late in delivering our cars due to several problems he had in transit but I realized that once your cars are on their truck, you have no control (and that holds true for the Broker as well). Despite the few problems, I would definitely go back to Auto Shipping Group if I ever need to ship my cars again....[More]
By Raul Chiapa on Auto Shipping Group Inc. on Oct 9 2014 11:49AM
Response from Auto Shipping Group Inc.
Greg Bailey on Oct 9 2014 3:37PM
Kimberly@Autoshippinggroup.com 360-200-6854 CALL OR EMAIL ME FOR A FREE QUOTE. I HAVE BEEN WITH OUR COMPANY FOR 8 YEARS! Raul, Thank you for the re...[More]
My Experience 1. The Process I dealt with three different people- the broker, the driver, and the company. This is the main issue. When you have problems, the broker can point to the company; the company points to the broker; and the driver points to both. If possible, I'd advise dealing directly with United instead of going though a middleman broker. 2. My Broker I worked with Stephanie Hamilton. Personally, she was friendly and helpful. But in terms of the $250 fee I paid her, it seems like too much money for the service I got. As far as I can tell, all she did was put in a bid for my car to be picked up on some online bidding site where shippers agree to pick up cars for transport. She said things like no driver would take my car across the country for under $1400, but that was misleading. The actual driver/shipping company took my car across the country for $1150. The other $250 was the fee she took for typing my bid in. After my shipper accepted the bid of $1150 and I signed the contract, I really didn't hear from her again. I called her once when I found out my shipping pick-up location would be twenty-five minutes away from my house. She did call the shipper and got back to me, telling me the shipper would pay for a taxi. But after that, I just interacted with the driver and shipping company. Had I called Stephanie, I'm sure she would have followed up for me- but the driver called me directly so I just communicated with him. I might have felt better about the $250 if I had some kind of follow up from Stephanie. But Stephanie never called me again- not to let me know where my car was, to ask if there were any problems, or even to see if my car got delivered. 3. My Driver Tyrone drove my car across the country. Personally, he was a great guy and I enjoyed interacting with him. Professionally, he did a great job delivering my car- not a scratch. But I did have major logistical problems with pick-up (below). 4. My Shipper: United Auto Transport I called a bunch of times and spoke with different people. They were all friendly and helpful. So they get 4 stars for customer interaction, but the logistics, the actual substance of their business, was not good. (1) On paper, I was given a two day pick up window. But I was told- personally by the driver- that I'd get the car picked up Tuesday night. It didn't happen until Wednesday afternoon. Instead of driving down to me on Tuesday, the company decided to hold up my pick-up to accommodate another driver who was late and ended up not getting his car to Tyrone until 3AM in the morning. Good for the other driver, but it created a problem for me- I couldn't pick my girlfriend up from the airport the next day as planned. This was something I specifically told my driver and shipper about. They assured me I'd have the car picked up Tuesday night. (2) I paid a lot to do this. About $1400 total. I was told door-to-door service, or as close as possible within the limits of the big truck they use. I understand there are limits. But they couldn't find a place anywhere within my entire town. Instead, my pick-up spot ended up being a 25 minute drive from my house. That means I had to impose on a family member to follow me in their car. Sure, I could have used the taxi service, but I don't live near a major city. There aren't lots of taxis just driving around. I would have had to coordinate a taxi, then cancel when I had to change pick-up locations to a new town, and then gone through the hassle of submitting paperwork for reimbursement. When we got their, the driver couldn't find a place to maneuver. It was too tight. So we waited around for 45 minutes while he tried to figure out how to get out of there and find a new spot. We ended up driving another 15 minutes to a town even farther away to drop off the car. All told, the pick-up took over 2 hours. And remember, this gets advertised- at least by the brokers representing and working with these guys- as door-to-door within the limits of road load. (3) I specifically requested a Wednesday delivery and my broker told me that was when it should be pending an incident with the truck which could delay it as late as Saturday. A four-day window on getting a car is not good enough for $1400. Moreover, my driver told me he'd make it across the country by Sunday- two/three days before delivery from a local driver on Wednesday. Instead, my car didn't end up getting there until Friday. Not a big deal if you have other wheels or don't need them. But this meant I had to drop another $100+ on a rental for two days while I waited for my car. The actually delivery on Friday was great. This was door-to-door and the process was smooth. So the company must be capable of a smooth pick-up as well. I want to give these guys more stars and better reviews because everyone I dealt with was friendly and helpful and cool. But when you pay $1000+ to a company that specializes in logistics- i.e. in understanding where and when they can pick up and deliver your car- it's got to be better than these big two to four day windows that end up costing the customer money and time. ...[More]
By Michael Short on Auto Shipping Group Inc. on Oct 6 2014 9:15PM
Response from Auto Shipping Group Inc.
Greg Bailey on Oct 10 2014 11:17AM
Michael, I apologize you felt that we/I did not earn the money both the driver and my company received. However, being the drivers need to make some m...[More]
Initial customer contact seemed knowledgable and courteous. They were prompt and set up pick up quickly. That seemed well. First problem: After car was dropped off they charged my card only for the boat portion of the transport not the whole trip. That was ok but then told me I needed cash to give to driver for the remaining amount. This was not told to me up front. Second problem was once car arrived at port they called wanting $150 dollars to get picked up that day or I would have to pay storage charges until one of the truckers could pick it up. I feel this was dishonest move on their part. They knew when vehicle was arriving and should have had someone already planned to pick it up. Storage at port should not be my responsibility if they did not make prior arrangements. I felt as if they were trying to lowball me with a quote and then try to get more money from me once my car was in their possession. Ultimately my car arrived in a timely manner, undamaged, and ultimately they charged me about $30 more than my original quote. My only problems are the perceived dishonesty / possible lack of communication....[More]
By Andy Nicholes on Auto Shipping Group Inc. on Oct 5 2014 11:59PM
Response from Auto Shipping Group Inc.
Greg Bailey on Oct 6 2014 10:01AM
Kimberly@Autoshippinggroup.com 360-200-6854 CALL OR EMAIL ME FOR A FREE QUOTE. I HAVE BEEN WITH OUR COMPANY FOR 8 YEARS! Andy, First I would like t...[More]
I have never been so compelled to leave a poor review for any company however, my experience with Auto Shipping Group and a customer service rep named Martha Castillo warrants just that. What started off as superrior customer service turned into a major dissapointment and let down. I was assured that I was in good hands and immeadiately discontinued my search for another broker. I never received my second invoice as I was shipping two cars. isent multiple emails to Martha but her communication skills were severely deficient and i never heard back from her after asking for this second invoice. I gave her the benefit of the doubt and waited patiently as she assured me everything was on track. After five days passed we decided to call her only to be told she could not find atransporter to complete our transaction. This was devastating as we had a specific window to move our cars. Her only concern in the begining was to make sure that we left her a good review to boost her reputation. She has a good talk game and took us for a ride that only led to dissapointment. If you are looking for reliability and honesty in your transport broker stay away from Auto Shipping Group and Martha Castillo....[More]
By Sarah Alonso Jason on Auto Shipping Group Inc. on Oct 4 2014 9:38PM
Response from Auto Shipping Group Inc.
Greg Bailey on Oct 6 2014 3:16PM
Dear Sara and Jason, Thank you for the review but I would like to point out that we had a carrier for you and you declined. I'm sorry he couldn't meet...[More]
Please help! It's my first time using a transport broker. I was skeptical, nevertheless I was really happy to find Martha. That is until I found out I was a fraud victim. I spoke with Martha last month, she portrayed herself to be helpful, honest, sincere, and amiable. Basically, she told me what I wanted to hear, like she had a pre-filled script for callers. I was told not to worry, " I am in great hands", I was even given an order number and an invoice! But guess what? Her objective was only to gain my trust, she took my credit card information and never returned my calls. After a long wait thinking my cars were soon to be picked up, I was only deceived. Martha lied to me and my family, After she called today, she advised me that my 2 vehicles were not "worth" her time nor the drivers time. I feel really disappointed... I trusted this company to transport my two vehicles, now I am told to find someone else! Please be advised this company is a fraud, if your looking for reliability and A1 service don't waste your time. Martha will only manipulate you as she did to my family and I. Whatever you do, don't give her your credit card number, she is a Con-Artist! Save yourself the headache and disappointment. ...[More]
By Sara Alonso on Auto Shipping Group Inc. on Oct 1 2014 11:16PM
Response from Auto Shipping Group Inc.
Greg Bailey on Oct 6 2014 12:44PM
At the outset, the reason I will use an alternate form of auto transport in the future is primarily due to the shipping company (IVS Express, LLC) not the broker (Auto Shipping Group Inc.) My contact at the Broker (Chell Hart) did everything within her power to remedy the shortcomings in the delivery of my vehicle. Given that I was given quotes from numerous other transport brokers as low as $800.00, I expected more for the $1345.00 that I paid. 1. The driver gave me no warning or lead time to alert me when he would show up...just a call to say I'm here at the corner of your block. 2. The driver then proceeded to run out of gas, while loading my vehicle, and required two trips/rides to the gas station to get enough gas to get him on his way. 3. When the driver didn't arrive on the projected dates, neither he or his dispatcher ever contacted me to explain the delay. 4. My vehicle eventually arrived 6 days late, but the driver gave me no apology or explanation for the delay. Since the broker has no control over what happens after my vehicle is secured by the transporter, I will, in the future, use a company with which I deal directly with the person shipping my vehicle. ...[More]
By Michael G. on Auto Shipping Group Inc. on Sep 30 2014 5:28PM
Response from Auto Shipping Group Inc.
Greg Bailey on Sep 30 2014 7:23PM
CHELL HART***(360) 464-1039***chellh@autoshippinggroup.com Dear Michael, Thanks for leaving the kind words outlining how hard I worked to keep i...[More]
I was told its ok to fill up the trunk by Lance. PK line driver asked my son to sign papers upon pick up and he did, thinking it's like receipt. Driver did not mention about any charges for putting bags in the trunk. PK line made a big fuss about luggage in trunk and charged $ 150. Your company, Lance Staab nor anyone cared about what they verbally agreed with me ( which is like a contract ). Instead your company started showing me what the law is and signing papers would go against me in law of court etc etc. I got scared that I might not get my car if I don't pay what P K line is asking for. It was a bad experience to transport my car thru your company. ...[More]
By Jagdish Shah on Auto Shipping Group Inc. on Sep 27 2014 12:46AM
Response from Auto Shipping Group Inc.
Greg Bailey on Sep 29 2014 2:47PM
Lance Staab 360-406-4893 Lance@autoshippinggroup Jagdish,I apologize for the confusion. I would like to explain again to you that When you asked m...[More]
Previous 1 2 3