View 151,256 Reviews on 3,568 Auto Transport Companies. Recently Ship A Vehicle? Add the 151,257th Review now!

Poster: D. ChandlerThis reviewer reports they were or plan to be compensated for posting this review.
Date:9/1/2014 12:28:00 PM
Reviewed:AmeriFreight Car Shipping
Subject:Overall Very Satisfied BUT
Review:The price quoted was upped $250 by AmeriFreight due to their choice of carrier's request. I did not immediately respond and wanted to think it over and was contacted by AmeriFreight to offer a reduced additional fee of $150. I could have held out for another carrier but it had been 10 days since the schedule pick-up date already. I realized there was an agreed upon 15 days availability but thought if I waited the next carrier might not come along for another several days. I was not at the origin site and was dependent on other persons to effect the pickup. The raised price aspect bugged me as I thought we had a firm contract. Since I was a first-time shipper, I began to realize there may be no such thing as a firm contract.
The car was picked up at midnight on a Saturday and delivered at 10PM 14 days after pickup. The estimated shipping time was 7-10 days. The Carrier AAA Family Trucking experienced a truck breakdown and was very poor in their communication overall. The vehicle arrived in good shape, no damage, no missing items.
Overall I would use AmeriFreight again, not the carrier, AAA Family Trucking.

D. Chandler gave AmeriFreight Car Shipping a rating of: