View 144,335 Reviews on 3,483 Auto Transport Companies. Recently Ship A Vehicle? Add the 144,336th Review now!
Ship a Car Direct
Location:866-221-1664 - Los Angeles, CA 91602
Phone Number:866-221-1664
Secondary Phone Number:818-824-8100
Website:
Time On Site:6 Years, 5 Months. Since 2/21/2008
Other Names:
(using or used this MC number)
Honesty First Auto Transport Inc. | Safe-Direct Car Shipping |

Copy and paste this link into your browser for a short animated video that will help you understand your car move - http://shipacardirect.wistia.com/medias/nfgv86azy1 The #1 thing that separates us from ALL other companies is that we back up our PRE-SCREENED carriers with a DAMAGE FREE GUARANTEE. We are the ONLY company that offers a guarantee of this kind. (BUT it's the Peace of Mind that you'll avoid the carriers on our *BLACKLIST* that is the REAL Benefit). Our carriers are the very best. The fact that you are here shows that you care about quality as much as we do. This is a great site and should prove extremely useful in making your decision as well as avoiding common problems. Our advice is to start by reading the bad reviews. You can learn a lot from another person's problems as well as get a feel for the company based on their response. All of our reviews are directly from our customers (and yes, we do offer a small token of thanks to some customers for taking time out of their day to share their experience with you). Click the link above to visit our website and get a FREE ONLINE CUSTOM QUOTE, Tailor made to your specific situation. We also have great USER VIDEOS, helpful FAQs and glowing Testimonials. Get a Quote today! And, again, this two minute animated video is worth your time, so copy, paste & enjoy! - http://shipacardirect.wistia.com/medias/nfgv86azy1
Have your own experience with Ship a Car Direct to share?

Ship a Car Direct reports that they have an average of 10000 customers per year. Currently, this site has 1924 reviews posted by individual customers for the past 365 days. So approximately 19.24% of Ship a Car Direct customers have posted a review.

This means that 80.76% percent of their customerís opinions are not represented on this site.
    Next Reviews on Ship a Car Direct
    Subject: Great Car Shipping Experience
    Review:Having this be my first car shipping experience I would have to say it was excellent. I felt that all information was given to me upfront and ship a car direct.com was very honest and walked me through the process. They answered all my questions and ... [ More ]
    Poster:Leslie This reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/27/2014 11:29:00 PM
    Subject: Over all experience
    Review:Positive! Sales person / customer service people stayed in contact throughout the process. Customer service continued after delivery to make certain that all that was promised was done! [ View ]
    Poster:Joyce M CastenThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Subject: SHIP A CAR DIRECT
    Review:Even though my vehicle was picked up and delivered later than requested and told when it would arrive, Matt kept me informed and up to date on progress. The carrier that picked up and delivered was very personable and enthusiastic with his customer ... [ More ]
    Poster:rasweetThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/26/2014 10:01:00 PM
    Subject: Very good
    Review:Everything went smoothly. Mike and I spoke about the price. In couple of days, the carrier person Dmitry called me for a pickup. He picked it on Saturday night at 8.30 as scheduled and it was delivered on time on Thursday. Everyone was very professio... [ More ]
    Poster:YSAThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/26/2014 12:00:00 PM
    Subject: Acura MDX- MN to CA
    Review:I had a great experience moving my SUV from MN to CA. The customer service was good. The driver was cooperative and they were responsive to my needs. I would recommend Tom and Ship A Car Direct [ View ]
    Poster:Kaleel
    Date:7/25/2014 6:37:00 PM
    Subject: Car transport
    Review:The transport company that was selected was excellent . The driver was accommodating ,on time for pickup and delivery and had given me plenty of advance notice on time of delivery. He did a detailed inspection of the car with me prior to loading the ... [ More ]
    Poster: gp
    Date:7/25/2014 11:41:00 AM
    Subject: shipping car
    Review:Tom was doing wonderful job as an excellent customer service, he explained everything well. Pick up time and drop off time was on time and no damages. Very excellent, reliable company for shipping cars. I will definitely use this company again next ... [ More ]
    Poster:Jennifer H.
    Date:7/25/2014 1:09:00 AM
    Subject: Nailed It!
    Review:Shipping a car is terrifying! Who do you trust? I read many reviews and chose to work with Ship A Car Direct because of their very high ratings in user generated reviews. You can't fake that many consistent reviews! The customer service with Jason wa... [ More ]
    Poster:David LemmondThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/24/2014 9:01:00 PM
    Subject: Transporting my car from KY to CA
    Review:After a really nasty experience with another carrier Ship A Car Direct was such a pleasure to work with. They were polite, professional and understood our needs completely. We received daily e-mail updates and guidance and well as follow up phone cal... [ More ]
    Poster:Margaret PicheThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/24/2014 8:52:00 PM
    Subject: Ship A Car Direct saved me!
    Review:I checked the BBB web site for reviews and Ship A Car Direct had an A rating. This told me their service had to be good - so I went with what the BBB said. The Better Business Bureau was right! They picked up my car on a Friday morning after I put th... [ More ]
    Poster:AllisonThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/24/2014 5:38:00 PM
    Review:First time shippers happy with service. Great follow through by keeping in contact telling us step by step [ View ]
    Poster:NaThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/23/2014 7:50:00 PM
    Subject: It is a good experience!
    Review:Overall, I had good experience. I was referred by a friend who shipped her car twice using Ship A Car Direct Before and the price seems pretty reasonable to me. The driver did come late for 1 day to pick up my car but they tried very hard to ship my ... [ More ]
    Poster:S. Y.This reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/23/2014 3:14:00 PM
    Subject: Ship-A-Car-Direct Review
    Review:Good service, good quality, good experience. Don't mess with the rest, choose the best. The choice is yours. I would use them again if required. Regards, Happy Customer. [ View ]
    Poster:Brett
    Date:7/23/2014 2:35:00 PM
    Subject: Good Arrival
    Review:Shipping went well. A few set-backs and delays on the pick-up side but delivery was smooth and completely on time. Car in perfect condition. Driver courteous. Although shipping a car is a fairly pricey option, it definitely worked better for us tha... [ More ]
    Poster:Cheryl D.This reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/23/2014 2:32:00 PM
    Subject: Late Pickup and Lack of Information
    Review:We were quoted a rate that we assumed would allow us to have a carrier pick our car up before we left town. Our window started July 5th and ran to the 11th, but we didn't get a carrier to pick the car up until the 12th which forced us to leave the c... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for your feedback, Mike. Sorry that your transport took a while to confirm, your timing was affected by a back log from the holiday weekend. Apologies that Jason was not more clear about that - even when you give us notice, options are often quite limited in the week before and after a major holiday. [ view ]
    Poster:MikeThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/22/2014 11:26:00 PM
    Review:Ship a Car Direct has great customer service and was very responsive via email and phone. The car was picked up and delivered promptly and without damage. [ View ]
    Response:Thank you for your 5 star review, Justin! Happy there was a quick and safe turn-around for you! [ view ]
    Poster:JustinThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/22/2014 9:52:00 PM
    Review:We ended up paying $1400 versus the original quote of $1250 due to our difficult pick up location in the California central coast area. We would have loved to only have paid the original quote amount, but found the convenience of not driving our car... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for your positive feedback, Sarah! You bring up a really important point about pricing: we prefer to give a realistic quote in advance too, and that's easier for large metropolitan areas. When either (or both) of your locations is outside of a major metro area, your final price can shift slightly from the estimate depending on the independent carrier available for your move. [ view ]
    Poster:Sarah BurchThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/22/2014 4:28:00 PM
    Subject: First time shipping
    Review: My brother died in Iowa and we needed to bring his vehicle to California. I was confused by the whole process and had never transported a vehicle. I called ship a car direct and talked to Dale. He was very helpful and explained the process. He ... [ More ]
    Poster:Ginny Morse
    Date:7/22/2014 2:04:00 PM
    Subject: Great service and contacts
    Review:I would definitely use the company again, and will since I have another vehicle to ship across country later this fall. I really liked the fact that the same person that picked up the car in Las Vegas delivered the car to me in Maryland. Everything... [ More ]
    Poster:Von
    Date:7/22/2014 9:08:00 AM
    Subject: Shipped a minivan from Midwest to CA
    Review:Ship a car direct has plenty of sales pitches on their web site, and, by and large, they are accurate. My original quote wasn't increased, the company kept good communications with me, the dates were met, and I was assigned a good carrier. As promise... [ More ]
    Poster:ErnestThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/22/2014 1:03:00 AM
    Subject: Fast delivery and friendly service!
    Review:Our vehicle was delivered so quickly, we couldn't believe anyone could even drive that fast! The deliverers were very nice and brought the car as close as the could to our house in the city. The car arrived in good condition and was not nearly as dir... [ More ]
    Poster:Jon SThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/21/2014 8:58:00 PM
    Subject: Shipping My Vehicle
    Review:After assigning a Transport Company, my vehicle was scheduled and pickup the next day. I was given July 10, 2014 for possible arrival date, but my vehicle arrived on July 04, 2014. My sister took delivery the next day July 05, 2014, except the vehic... [ More ]
    Poster:Jimmie Thomas
    Date:7/21/2014 6:11:00 PM
    Subject: Awesome service!
    Review:First time shipping a car and glad I found Ship A Car Direct! I was understandably anxious to trust such a unique vehicle with people I have not met and did not know. Customer service was excellent. Matt was very patience, thorough and friendly. Kudo... [ More ]
    Poster:K BrownThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/21/2014 4:40:00 PM
    Subject: Good service
    Review:Overall I had a good experience with ship a car direct, and Adam specifically. Initially I had a some difficulty understanding exactly how the process worked, and I was a little frustrated that I did not have a carrier right away. However, Adam made ... [ More ]
    Poster:PerriThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/21/2014 2:40:00 PM
    Subject: Wonderful
    Review:When I landed a job in Arizona, my main concern was how am I going to transfer my car from Pennsylvania. I knew that it need to be transferred fast and with everything going on there would be no time for me to drive the car there myself. My brother t... [ More ]
    Poster:AmyThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/21/2014 11:34:00 AM
    Subject: Quick
    Review:This is the 3rd time I've shipped a vehicle and it was by far the best experience I've had with a broker. David with Ship-A-Car Direct was knowledgeable, easy to work with, and in regular contact with me throughout the process from quote to delivery.... [ More ]
    Poster:383824-EQ
    Date:7/20/2014 8:27:00 PM
    Subject: Ship A Car Direct
    Review:Shipping a car was a first experience for me. I was a bit worried who I can trust to ship my car from Iowa to California. I flew down to Iowa to purchase a vehicle and from there I went on this website to see which company I can trust to ship my car ... [ More ]
    Poster:AlexThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/20/2014 12:33:00 PM
    Review:The drivers were courteous, flexible, on-time, and professional. I would definitely ship with them again. [ View ]
    Poster:Bruce A GoveiaThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/19/2014 7:58:00 PM
    Subject: Car was received in one piece, and that's what's important!
    Review:I had a great experience with Ship-A-Car, and Matt made it possible to get my car to where it needed to go in a timely manner. In the end, I ended up paying a little more than my quote, but that was because I had my car delivered near July 4th weeken... [ More ]
    Poster:AlbertThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/19/2014 11:20:00 AM
    Subject: Ship a car direct
    Review:I am quite pleased with Ship A Car Direct. I've used this company twice in the last year, and on both occasions they were prompt, and efficient. I highly recommend using this company for all your vehicle transporting needs. [ View ]
    Poster:tony
    Date:7/19/2014 10:23:00 AM
    Subject: Two Cars Shipped from CA to NC - Excellent Experience
    Review:We have moved in the past and used other services and we were much happier this time around. In addition to the logistics, the drivers were flexible and patient as we had coordination issues on our end since we were moving out of state. I would abs... [ More ]
    Poster:Allyson A.
    Date:7/19/2014 10:10:00 AM
    Subject: Ship a Car Direct
    Review:The company had excellent service. Unfortunately my shipping was delayed by several weeks longer than anticipated due to a shortage of carriers leaving the origin destination. [ View ]
    Poster:Aaron Kofman
    Date:7/18/2014 9:25:00 PM
    Review:I picked Ship a Car Direct after reading their reviews and doing a good bit of internet research. I spoke to two other brokers but found Ship a car direct to be most transparent. My Contact person was Emily. She explained the process thoroughly witho... [ More ]
    Poster:FloridaGuyThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/18/2014 7:52:00 PM
    Subject: Shipment from Colllege Station Tx to CA
    Review:I was thoroughly impressed with the whole experience using "Ship a Car Direct"! I originally sent an email and it was promptly answered by Jason. I chose this company because, they were very professional and they offered some helpful vide... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for the excellent review, Richard! Great to hear that Jason and the videos were helpful! [ view ]
    Poster:RichardThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/18/2014 2:03:00 AM
    Subject: D Bar D was EXCELLENT
    Review:Our Driver Phil Yoder made all the difference. David from Ship a Car called the morning of July 3 and said Phil wanted to pick up the car that morning. Aside from our being rushed with no lead the day before a major holiday, Phil was VERY accommoda... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for your feedback, Hilde! Glad to hear your driver was a wonderful match! [ view ]
    Poster:hildeThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/18/2014 12:51:00 AM
    Subject: Ship a car direct
    Review:I feel like this company basically took my money and left me to figure things out for myself. After calling me two hours after the carrier contacted me directly did I hear from Jason. I received more generic form emails about how great they were ver... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for your feedback, Bog. Sorry to hear you were unhappy with the service, we have refunded your fee. Your move was a tough one because of the pick-up area and the size of the vehicle, and despite our efforts there weren't options that matched your preferences. [ view ]
    Poster:Bog Glavan
    Date:7/18/2014 12:41:00 AM
    Subject: Efficient
    Review:The coordinator from Ship A Car was on top of things. Always calling or emailing to make sure things were taken care of and up to date. Happy with service. [ View ]
    Response:Thank you for the five star review! Happy to keep you in the loop throughout! [ view ]
    Poster:AEThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/17/2014 11:23:00 PM
    Subject: Car shipping
    Review:Ultimately the car was delivered, slightly dirty, good condition. I would likely use them again if I needed to in the future. [ View ]
    Response:Thank you for the positive feedback, Uoo! Glad it arrived in good condition - even if dusty! [ view ]
    Poster:uoo kimThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/17/2014 10:33:00 PM
    Subject: Dirty
    Review:Car was dirty when they brought and did not clean it up. Also charged extra for some goods in the car. But overall delivery time was fine and on time pick up. [ View ]
    Response:Thank you for the positive feedback, Senthilkumar! You are right, vehicles do arrive dusty after being transported thousands of miles. And that's another good tip for future shippers: we don't recommend leaving personal belongings in the vehicle during transport as the risk can incur extra fees. [ view ]
    Poster:senthilkumarThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/17/2014 2:42:00 PM
    Review:Tom was incredibly helpful throughout the whole process. He answered every paranoid email and phone call regarding my car and was sure to assist me throughout the entire process. My car was picked up on time and delivered on time as well. Tom spok... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for the great review, Blair! All questions are welcome - happy to be helpful! [ view ]
    Poster:BlairThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/17/2014 1:25:00 PM
    Subject: Thank you Matt!!
    Review:I called Matt on very short notice to ship my electric vehicle from Santa Clarita CA to Henderson NV as part of our move. Matt was wonderful to work with and I greatly appreciated his help to find us reliable transportation. We ended up with Littl... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you, Robb! Sounds like we found the perfect carrier match for you! [ view ]
    Poster:Robb W.
    Date:7/17/2014 12:12:00 AM
    Subject: Thank you Matt
    Poster:Robb W.
    Date:7/17/2014 12:08:00 AM
    Subject: Awesome on time delivery
    Review:Worked with Ship-A-Car-Direct and initially was very skeptical to move my car from California to Illinois. But they delivered my car one day early at my delivery address. It was a surprise and saved some dollars in car rental. The pick up and deliver... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the great review, Karthik! Happy to keep the process smooth for you! [ view ]
    Poster:KarthikThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/16/2014 9:43:00 PM
    Subject: Quality is promised.
    Review:I think the representative Portia and their collaboration company Unified Auto Trans Corp did a good job, even if the date to pick up my car was late. First, the carrier and driver took care of my care very well. As I got my car in the destinati... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for the thorough feedback, Crystal! Glad to keep your service friendly! [ view ]
    Poster:Crystal Chia-Yu KuThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/16/2014 6:57:00 PM
    Subject: Excellent, Professional Service
    Review:After reading one too many horror stories about car shipping companies, I definitely had my doubts. However, my car shipping experience was quite smooth. I told Adam at ship a car direct that I had MUST have my car picked up on a certain weekend beca... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for the excellent review! You bring up a good point about "door-to-door": sometimes a truck is prohibited from meeting you at your address. Llarge cities can be tough either because of geography or heavy traffic or security issues. Residental areas can be tough if there are steep hills, low hanging trees, etc. Trucks need flat, open areas to load/unload. [ view ]
    Poster:Happy CustomerThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/16/2014 4:51:00 PM
    Subject: Solid Car Delivery Company
    Review:Ship a Car did a solid job getting my car delivered from Chicago to Cincinnati. Their customer service and reliability are top notch. They were not the cheapest option I found, but they were certainly the one I felt most comfortable about and confide... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for the five star feedback, Daniel! Glad you felt comfortable and confident with us! [ view ]
    Poster:Daniel SThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/16/2014 4:41:00 PM
    Subject: 1978 Corvette Pace Car
    Review:I bought the car just before July 4th. Kay assured me that traffic was slow during the long holiday weekend. The car was coming out of a low traffic area also. She stayed in touch with me over the long weekend by email. My seller got a phone call tha... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you so much for the fantastic review, Mark! It's true - availability can be scarce over holidays. Glad it was smooth after the 4th! We are so pleased that you are so pleased! [ view ]
    Poster:Mark SivekThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/16/2014 4:40:00 PM
    Subject: Very fast quote, best price and fast pick-up, no damage!
    Review:Dale in particular was helpful in managing the shipping of my Porsche Cayman S. He was available after hours & clearly knew the business. The driver showed up 24 hours after we confirmed the price (which seemed very fast to me). Pick-up was ... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for the great review, Tom! Glad there was a quick, drama-free turn-around for you! You bring up a useful point about payments - industry standard is Cash or Certified Funds on Delivery, so it's a good idea to be prepared for that. [ view ]
    Poster:TomThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/16/2014 3:37:00 PM

Next Reviews on Ship a Car Direct

Ship a Car Direct Home | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75