View 167,482 Reviews on 3,787 Auto Transport Companies. Recently Ship A Vehicle? Add the 167,483th Review now!

View Ship a Car Direct's New Profile

Ship a Car Direct
866-221-1664 - Los Angeles, CA 91602
Phone Number:866-221-1664 No Deposit Up Front
Secondary Phone Number:818-824-8100
Website:http://www.shipacardirect.com/car-shipping-rates.php
Time On Site:7 Years, 6 Months. Since 2/21/2008
Other Names:
(using or used this MC number)
Honesty First Auto Transport Inc. | Safe-Direct Car Shipping |

The #1 thing that separates us from ALL others is that we back our rigorously PRE-SCREENED carriers with $500 in FREE Gap Coverage. We're the ONLY company that offers this. (BUT it's the Peace of Mind of avoiding the carriers on our *BLACKLIST* that's the REAL Benefit). Out of 7500+ carriers available, we DO NOT USE 75% of them, because they do not meet our demanding standards... and your high expectations. It's the way we can provide you with the guarantees you desire: The industry's only "Damage Free or We Pay You" Guarantee, Door-to-Door delivery, and 100% Insurance, all with NO UPFRONT DEPOSIT required. The fact that you are here shows that you care about quality as much as we do. This is a great site and should prove extremely useful in making your decision as well as avoiding common problems. Our advice is to start by reading the bad reviews. You can learn a lot from another person's problems as well as get a feel for the company based on their response. All of our reviews are directly from real customers. Some shared their experience from the kindness of their hearts, some in return for an incentive and some because we threatened to share their freshman HS yearbook photo. (okay, 1 of those reasons isn't really true). Click the link above to visit our website and get a FREE ONLINE ESTIMATE. You only share your personal info when you're ready to move forward. We also have great USER VIDEOS, helpful FAQs and glowing Testimonials. Get a Quote today!
Have your own experience with Ship a Car Direct to share?

Ship a Car Direct reports that they have an average of 10000 customers per year. Currently, this site has 2079 reviews posted by individual customers for the past 365 days. So approximately 20.79% of Ship a Car Direct customers have posted a review.

This means that 79.21% percent of their customerís opinions are not represented on this site.
    Next Reviews on Ship a Car Direct
    Subject: Good experience
    Review:It was very straight-forward doing business with Ship A Car Direct. We connected with a representative a week before our move date, who told us that they should be able to find someone between 5-7 days. This date range scared us a little because it... [ More ]
    Poster:EricThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:8/5/2015 2:50:00 AM
    Subject: Strongly recommended
    Review:I have to say that overall I was very happy with the service. The driver contacted me promptly and before I knew it my car was on the truck and on the way to FL. I was thoroughly impressed with the ease of communication, not only with the driver, but... [ More ]
    Poster:Rose
    Date:8/5/2015 1:30:00 AM
    Subject: Moving 2 cars to NC
    Review:Great service from David who coordinated everything and Cesar, the Driver from Uber Transport was great as well!! David was very good about keeping us informed about where and when and who would be taking care of us. Uber transport was easy to wor... [ More ]
    Poster:Kris BThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:8/5/2015 12:49:00 AM
    Subject: transport from Dallas to CT
    Review:Stefan, our agent who coordinated the move, was overall very helpful; although it was difficult to reach him at times, his colleagues were able to help out when needed. The delivery driver was accommodating enough to meet us at a different locati... [ More ]
    Poster:SwatiThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:8/5/2015 12:08:00 AM
    Subject: Best Customer Service
    Review:Every time I sent an email to David he answered the email right away. The longest time I waited for an answer 4hours and it was overnight. He had an answer for every question I asked. Also, about the pick up time I wanted the vehicle to be picked u... [ More ]
    Poster:Mehrnaz GhamamiThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:8/4/2015 9:57:00 PM
    Subject: Open Transport
    Review:I was very pleased with the service. It only took 5 days to get here, which is awesome. The car was not damaged at all. It was open transport. The battery on the car is bad and after it sat in front of my friend's house for almost a month, it wouldn'... [ More ]
    Poster:Nicole
    Date:8/4/2015 7:46:00 PM
    Subject: Delivery Date
    Review:Overall no real problems shipping the car. The only thing I think needs some improvement is the communication between the broker and the customer for the delivery time. When the driver picked up the car on Monday afternoon he said he was going from t... [ More ]
    Poster:A. KarolakThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:8/4/2015 6:26:00 PM
    Subject: Satisfied Customer
    Review:I was a little hesitant about using the carrier selected for us after reading their reviews, however Tom assured me we were in good hands. Turns out he was right; everything went well. Our car was picked up on time (day and time), we were given an ... [ More ]
    Poster:Meredith
    Date:8/4/2015 4:48:00 PM
    Subject: Car Transport Across USA
    Review:I was very pleased with this service. Car was picked on my first available pick-up date and delivered 7 days later, which just fit my schedule. Driver was professional, courteous, friendly and very knowledgeable, and easy to reach. I highly recomm... [ More ]
    Poster:CarolynThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:8/4/2015 4:03:00 PM
    Review:I have never shipped a car and contacted several companies prior to calling Ship A Car Direct. My call was returned immediately and Tom was the most helpful with giving me information on the shipping process. He worked with me and had the car picke... [ More ]
    Poster:Kathy Smith
    Date:8/4/2015 3:19:00 PM
    Subject: Excellent !!!!
    Review:Just great ! Excellent service. I called Ship a car direct just 9 days before my actual moving date. Tom was my contact and he was there all the time to answer all questions. The company that delivered my vehicle was M and H Auto Transport an... [ More ]
    Poster:AmolThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:8/4/2015 1:55:00 PM
    Subject: Shipment of car from IA to NY
    Review:Communication, most important with customer service, was excellent. Scott was very dependable and provided constant communication throughout the process. Any concerns were addressed quickly from start to post delivery. I highly recommend Scott at ... [ More ]
    Poster:BobThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:8/4/2015 12:49:00 PM
    Subject: Review of "Ship a Car Direct"
    Review:"Ship a Car Direct" proved to be reliable and helpful; of particular importance, they were accessible and prompt in responding to my questions. The one-day delay in car delivery was no big deal, as the delivery time was given to me only as... [ More ]
    Poster:Dan Fried
    Date:8/4/2015 11:40:00 AM
    Review:There are many brokers out there that offer the exact same service; but the devil is in details I suppose. Ship a car direct pays attention to all details, remains in touch with the customer and provide informative emails and instructions throughout ... [ More ]
    Poster:R J
    Date:8/4/2015 3:43:00 AM
    Subject: Cross Country Transport
    Review:This is the second time we have used a transport company to move our BMW. I was a little hesitant this time because the firth time took a lot longer than expected and it was just a new experience for us. I am so thankful that our car arrived in only... [ More ]
    Poster:S. TraversThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:8/4/2015 1:01:00 AM
    Subject: Good Service
    Review:I requested a quote online and they called me with an estimate that was a bit higher than that. I decided to go with the company due to the good reviews submitted by others. They work fast but being that I shipped from Chicago, chances were really go... [ More ]
    Poster:AnnaThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:8/3/2015 11:26:00 PM
    Subject: Transport from NY to California
    Review:I had been through a very bad experience with another company, who kept talking in circles and never picking up the car. I was always put on hold or told I'd be called right back and never was. The first time I spoke to Tom I felt immediately relie... [ More ]
    Poster:Linda Snyder
    Date:8/3/2015 10:26:00 PM
    Review:My carrier was with Sprinter Auto Transport, LLC. The car was picked up 2 days after estimated time and was delivered on the estimated date( 10 days from Birmingham, Alabama to Seattle, Washington) The car arrived in great condition/undamaged. Gr... [ More ]
    Poster:April PhantanaThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:8/3/2015 7:31:00 PM
    Subject: Great Communication even when problems occured
    Review:Everything went according to plan. Communication was prompt, accurate and full we good suggestions and tips throughout the process. Vehicle was picked up as expected however the transport had a mechanical breakdown along the way. I got a prompt ca... [ More ]
    Poster:Avi K.This reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:8/3/2015 4:42:00 PM
    Subject: Florida to California Car Shipping
    Review:Car was picked up same day I put in order. Communication was excellent. The car almost a week early and in perfect condition. Matt out contact at Ship A Car Direct was extremely helpful and knowledgable. The communication with them has been great. [ View ]
    Poster:T Skelly
    Date:8/3/2015 3:26:00 PM
    Review:My Car was scheduled for pick up on last day I paid advance, though it was little late by was okay to me. Car was dropped of little late too but delivered without any damage. Carriers were good and replied all text message regarding delivery status. [ View ]
    Poster:DipakThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:8/3/2015 2:02:00 PM
    Subject: Reliable Service
    Review:I was very hesitant to use any of the car transportation review after reading the mixes reviews about car transportation companies. But the first thing "Ship a Car Direct" did was to earn my trust by assuring the best service and a guarante... [ More ]
    Poster:Sankar
    Date:8/3/2015 3:49:00 AM
    Subject: Car transport
    Review:Angela at "Ship A Car Direct" was a great person to deal with. I was sent notifications daily from a quote , to the carrier assigned. The E-mails didn't stop there. Within the few short days from start to finish I was sent information abo... [ More ]
    Poster:Michelle
    Date:8/2/2015 10:00:00 PM
    Subject: private auto transport
    Review:Our experience with the company was all around excellent. The whole process proceeded very quickly, and we were kept informed every step of the way. Also, a lot of useful information about shipping cars was e-mailed that answered all of our questio... [ More ]
    Poster:Judy MennonnaThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:8/2/2015 7:47:00 PM
    Subject: some comments
    Review:mhm~~~ overall it is good. I mean, from requesting a quote to being contacted by an agent to pick up the car to deliver the car, honestly it is basically hassle free; they take care of everything, and just need to call you a couple of times for t... [ More ]
    Poster:Jiabin ChenThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:8/2/2015 7:10:00 PM
    Subject: They got the job done
    Review:Positives: Good rate and easy to communicate. David and the website were very helpful in explain the procedures and what to expect during the process. Negatives: Maybe this is will all shipping brokers, but I do not like that the carrier company is ... [ More ]
    Poster:F. RandellThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:8/2/2015 6:16:00 PM
    Subject: Great customer service
    Review:The originally carrier we were scheduled with called us a day before we were moving to say that he couldn't arrive until the next day. Since our flights were in the morning, the driver asked us to just hide the keys so he could pick it up later in th... [ More ]
    Poster:Liz
    Date:8/2/2015 4:47:00 PM
    Subject: Ship A Car Direct
    Review:Shipped two cars from a smaller city in California to Ohio. David found a shipper willing to transport the vehicles down to Los Angeles on a transporter, where they were consolidated onto a larger transporter then on to Ohio. David was up front wit... [ More ]
    Poster:Joe S
    Date:8/2/2015 12:41:00 AM
    Subject: ship my car across US
    Review:When I first went online to find a shipping company for my car I was overwhelmed by responses. I researched and read review after review. It was pretty scary trusting my vehicle to be shipped from California back to Connecticut. I than found Tom at... [ More ]
    Response:Glad it went smoothly! Thanks for the great review, Lisa! [ view ]
    Poster:Lisa D
    Date:8/1/2015 12:04:00 AM
    Subject: Minor issue
    Review:Emily, the broker, was very attentive and responsive in lining up the transport. The only issue we had was with the carrier itself who seemed unable to determine in advance whether he could both pick-up and deliver the car at residential addresses. ... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for your positive review, John! Yes, a carrier will try to deliver to your address unless it's on a steep hill or a tight cul-de-sac or low hanging trees. There isn't always a way for a carrier to guarantee in advance whether or not there are obstacles, sometimes they arrive to find they'll have to meet you down the road at a local parking lot. Sorry about that! [ view ]
    Poster:John C
    Date:7/31/2015 10:07:00 PM
    Subject: Very Prompt and Honest
    Review:Happy with the prompt response and delivery, my Car was picked up on time, the sales person was very good is responding, and the car got delivered with no issues. They did not charge anything extra, they said a rate and were abide by it, i shall ... [ More ]
    Poster:SUCHETHAThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/31/2015 8:32:00 PM
    Subject: Overall pleased
    Review:Ship a Car Direct was good to work with. The driver of the transport did not communicate very well. He was very good at checking the car over and making note of all of the areas of concern. [ View ]
    Poster:Tom
    Date:7/31/2015 7:34:00 PM
    Subject: Car Shipment Review - Oregon to NY
    Review:Shipped a car across country due to relocation. The website is informative and provides all necessary information (which is then confirmed by broker representative) needed to prepare for shipping the car. Communication with broker was helpful and h... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the great review! And good tip about the air vents! [ view ]
    Poster:B HibbardThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/31/2015 7:12:00 PM
    Subject: use this company
    Review:overall my experience is good. my car doesn't have any damages. Scott was helpful. the quote was reasonable. but the carrier TFI TRANS has a bad attitude, they even got me a $63 parking ticket. [ View ]
    Response:Thanks for your positive feedback, Yuyi! Sorry the carrier had a bad attitude -we are following up with them on our end. [ view ]
    Poster:yuyi zhao
    Date:7/31/2015 6:33:00 PM
    Subject: Happy with experience
    Review:This company was helpful and delivered my vehicle on time and in good condition. I was pleased that I regularly received email to update me on what was happening in the process and I was not inundated with phone calls as I prefer email. [ View ]
    Response:Glad the email updates were good for you! Thanks for the five star feedback, Jen! [ view ]
    Poster:Jen
    Date:7/31/2015 3:50:00 PM
    Subject: Hot rod car transport
    Review:The whole experience was top notch, from the quote to the drop off of the vehicle. Matt my contact person made things happen and the truck and drivers were awesome. The drivers picked up car from California and three days later it was in Virginia... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the top notch review, James! Glad to hear the drivers were awesome! [ view ]
    Poster:James JohnstonThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/31/2015 12:50:00 PM
    Review:Ship a car direct was a great company to work with. My vehilce was picked up and dropped off all on schedule and as promised. Emily told me exactly what would happen and everything fell right into place. I will use them again and would tell others to... [ More ]
    Response:Glad it all unfolded just as Emily said! Thanks for the awesome review, Rodney! [ view ]
    Poster:Rodney
    Date:7/31/2015 11:02:00 AM
    Subject: Good service experience
    Review:When I decided to transport my car from Cleveland to San Francisco, I was overwhelmed by the task 'cause I've no idea about the car transportation industry and all those brokers let alone the carriers. Then I did a little homework on transport review... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for positive review, Florence! Yes, you'll have to wash your car after delivery! [ view ]
    Poster:Florence17
    Date:7/31/2015 4:53:00 AM
    Review:I was looking for a carrier that was professional and was able to take care of my car move from MA to CA. I found this shipper online and it was a great choice. Please note that I was in touch with other shippers and they would keep changing their pr... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the positive feedback, Saurabh! We prefer transparency too! Happy to keep you informed! [ view ]
    Poster:Saurabh MahapatraThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/30/2015 11:24:00 PM
    Subject: Excellent service
    Review:After reading about auto transport companies I was very concerned. I did my reasearch and found two companies I was considering. Ship a car was my choice because of Emily. She always followed up quickly and was sensitive to my concerns Mike was the... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the awesome review and the repeat business, Yvonne! We're always happy to address concerns! [ view ]
    Poster:Yvonne
    Date:7/30/2015 8:34:00 PM
    Subject: Exceptional first time experience with Ship a Car Direct
    Review:This is my first time transport the car, which is 2012 Nissan Rouge. I was worried about the whole process as it is first time and I have a very limited window for car to pickup and delivery. Ship A Car Direct is so great and guide me through the pro... [ More ]
    Response:Glad the process was smooth and worry-free! Thanks for the exceptional review! [ view ]
    Poster:Yang Liu
    Date:7/30/2015 6:38:00 PM
    Subject: Transport Experience
    Review:We had a great experience in transporting my daughter's car from New Jersey to California. The process with Ship a Car Direct was straemlined and very easy. Matt kept us nformed with every step a long the way and was helpful in explaing the process... [ More ]
    Response:Glad to keep it easy for you and your daughter! Thanks for the great review, Frank! [ view ]
    Poster:Frank CorradoThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/30/2015 3:59:00 PM
    Review:I called and spoke with Dale on Tuesday. Car was picked up on Thursday, delivered on Friday. The final cost was 100 dollars less than quote. Dale did a great job of helping me understand the process and keeping me informed through out. It was one... [ More ]
    Response:Glad it was so easy for you! Thanks for the five star feedback, Ken! [ view ]
    Poster:Ken Smith
    Date:7/30/2015 2:14:00 PM
    Subject: Outstanding Service
    Review:As a first-time vehicle transport user, I had no idea what to expect. David at Ship-A-Car-Direct did a wonderful job returning phone calls and responding to emails, answering all questions in a timely manner. As a broker, I believe David at Ship a Ca... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the outstanding review, David! Glad to hear your first transport experience was a great one! [ view ]
    Poster:David
    Date:7/30/2015 1:41:00 PM
    Subject: As good as shipping a car 3k miles could possibly be
    Review:I shipped my car from Phoenix to Philadelphia with the help of Ship a Car Direct. They were timely in their responses and had a person assigned to my move, with whom I exclusively worked. She was lovely and so helpful to make the whole process as sea... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the lovely review, Liz! Great to hear it was seamless! [ view ]
    Poster:Liz Andrade
    Date:7/30/2015 1:12:00 PM
    Subject: How to Drive a Challenger
    Review:I would definitely use this company again. The price from Virginia to Ohio was more than reasonable for the distance. The driver was hours later than his original estimated time but was with in reason. It is understandable that traffic will slow the ... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the amazing review, Gabe! Always happy to help - glad the driver was extra helpful! [ view ]
    Poster:Gabe
    Date:7/30/2015 2:19:00 AM
    Subject: Auto transport experience
    Review:We dealt with Tom from Ship A Car Direct. He was professional, straightforward and easy to work with. Their auto transport process was clearly explained through phone calls, emails and easy to watch, quick videos. The actual transport of our auto wen... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the five star review, Larry! Happy to keep it easy for you! [ view ]
    Poster:Larry Perletz
    Date:7/29/2015 11:11:00 PM
    Subject: On Time, No Damage, Definitely Recommend!
    Review:Ship-a-car-direct was the only straightforward process in my cross country move (Chicago to LA). Emily was my direct contact and put me in touch directly with the driver - I don't recall his name but he was very easy to connect with via cell phone. I... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you so much for the amazing review, Jessica! Glad to keep our part smooth and easy for you! (Sorry we couldn't help you with your household goods, though!) [ view ]
    Poster:Jessica
    Date:7/29/2015 11:10:00 PM
    Review:Stefan provided great service and was the only broker out of three that I was comparing that took the time to call me and explain how the estimate was arrived at. Also videos on the Ship A Car Direct site are very informative & helpful.also the e... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks so much for the positive review! Always happy to explain the industry and the shipping process! [ view ]
    Poster:K. MaddenThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/29/2015 7:53:00 PM
    Subject: Very Satisfied
    Review:When you have to ship a vehicle it can be be nerve racking because you don't know who to use, will your car be delivered, and without damage. When I found Ship a Car Direct and started reading about them, I started feeling a lot better. The videos ... [ More ]
    Response:Glad the videos were helpful! Thanks for the positive review! [ view ]
    Poster:Happy CustomerThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/29/2015 6:22:00 PM

Next Reviews on Ship a Car Direct

Ship a Car Direct Home | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80