View 162,688 Reviews on 3,722 Auto Transport Companies. Recently Ship A Vehicle? Add the 162,689th Review now!

View Ship a Car Direct's New Profile

Ship a Car Direct
866-221-1664 - Los Angeles, CA 91602
Phone Number:866-221-1664 No Deposit Up Front
Secondary Phone Number:818-824-8100
Website:http://www.shipacardirect.com/car-shipping-rates.php
Time On Site:7 Years, 3 Months. Since 2/21/2008
Other Names:
(using or used this MC number)
Honesty First Auto Transport Inc. | Safe-Direct Car Shipping |

The #1 thing that separates us from ALL others is that we back our rigorously PRE-SCREENED carriers with $500 in FREE Gap Coverage. We're the ONLY company that offers this. (BUT it's the Peace of Mind of avoiding the carriers on our *BLACKLIST* that's the REAL Benefit). Out of 7500+ carriers available, we DO NOT USE 75% of them, because they do not meet our demanding standards... and your high expectations. It's the way we can provide you with the guarantees you desire: The industry's only "Damage Free or We Pay You" Guarantee, Door-to-Door delivery, and 100% Insurance, all with NO UPFRONT DEPOSIT required. The fact that you are here shows that you care about quality as much as we do. This is a great site and should prove extremely useful in making your decision as well as avoiding common problems. Our advice is to start by reading the bad reviews. You can learn a lot from another person's problems as well as get a feel for the company based on their response. All of our reviews are directly from real customers. Some shared their experience from the kindness of their hearts, some in return for an incentive and some because we threatened to share their freshman HS yearbook photo. (okay, 1 of those reasons isn't really true). Click the link above to visit our website and get a FREE ONLINE ESTIMATE. You only share your personal info when you're ready to move forward. We also have great USER VIDEOS, helpful FAQs and glowing Testimonials. Get a Quote today!
Have your own experience with Ship a Car Direct to share?

Ship a Car Direct reports that they have an average of 10000 customers per year. Currently, this site has 1751 reviews posted by individual customers for the past 365 days. So approximately 17.51% of Ship a Car Direct customers have posted a review.

This means that 82.49% percent of their customerís opinions are not represented on this site.
    Next Reviews on Ship a Car Direct
    Subject: great experience
    Review:The whole transaction was great, easy, and smooth. Good customer service. Price was reasonable. Only took 1 day to find a courier. They arrived to pick up the car on time and dropped it off during the time and date that was promised. Had no issues th... [ More ]
    Poster:Phuong NguyenThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:5/24/2015 7:12:00 AM
    Subject: Highly Recommended!
    Review:I was very worried about transporting the car because I was going in blind, doing it for the first time across the U.S. and going out of the country for two weeks around the time I needed the transport. Getting endless calls from different companies ... [ More ]
    Poster:Arina
    Date:5/24/2015 12:55:00 AM
    Subject: Review of Ship A Car Direct
    Review:My vehicle was picked up the day after my estimate and arrived safely. The individual I was in contact with at Ship a Car and the driver who picked up my car were friendly and always kept me updated on the process. One big issue was that my car arriv... [ More ]
    Poster:Christopher Anderson
    Date:5/23/2015 8:56:00 PM
    Subject: Shipping car
    Review:Overall, this was a fine experience working with this company. I was initially told my car would be picked up Friday evening but received a phone call from the driver Thursday afternoon saying he would be there on Frisay morning between 8 am - 12. He... [ More ]
    Poster:DaniThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:5/23/2015 8:15:00 PM
    Subject: NC to California - Representative was Matt
    Review:The process was very straightforward. The driver did a good job letting me know an hour or two before his arrival for both pickup and delivery. Matt did a good job staying in touch and made sure everything was ok on my end from the time of the or... [ More ]
    Poster:Grayson FarrarThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:5/23/2015 6:59:00 PM
    Subject: auto transport
    Review:Very professional, easy to work with, thorough and clear. Only missing information was the necessity to do this task in order to receive the $30 rebate - and the fact that the price was quoted at the amount of cost to me that would result after I co... [ More ]
    Poster:TishThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:5/23/2015 1:57:00 PM
    Subject: Car transport from WA to VA
    Review:Delivery was A few days earlier than anticipated. Car arrived in good condition as promised. No problems encountered with either pickup or delivery. [ View ]
    Poster:Alex S.This reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:5/23/2015 3:09:00 AM
    Subject: Car transport from WA to VA
    Date:5/23/2015 3:09:00 AM
    Subject: Good experience
    Review:It is a very good experience, i will recommend it to my friends. The agent is helpful. It only takes one to two days to find a good carrier after I submit the order [ View ]
    Response:Thanks for your recommendation, Lu Lu! Happy to be helpful! [ view ]
    Poster:Lu Lu
    Date:5/22/2015 10:40:00 PM
    Subject: Had a great experience
    Review:This was my first time shipping a car (from LA to Nashville). I did the usual research and read reviews and decided to go with Ship A Car Direct. All the companies I researched had both bad and good reviews. Although this was a broker I felt better g... [ More ]
    Response:Glad to take the worry out of it! Thanks for the great review Sylvia! [ view ]
    Poster:SylviaJ
    Date:5/22/2015 10:26:00 PM
    Subject: All went well!
    Review:The process was easy, car was picked up on time, and the driver almost beat us to our destination! The car arrived dirty, but I didn't expect them to wash it after driving cross country, so no surprise there. No damage, communication was good, I h... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for your five star feedback! Happy to keep it easy for you! [ view ]
    Poster:TDThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:5/22/2015 6:09:00 PM
    Subject: Worried at first but it all worked out!
    Review:I initially submitted my information and got a quote the same day. This was about 1.5 months away from my move date because I wanted to have plenty of time to find a carrier. The original date of pickup was supposed to be Wednesday May 6th but Ship... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for your positive feedback, Chris! You bring up a really good point about scheduling - there are no set schedules, even when you give a months notice. Transport routes are unique and fluid, they change from week to week. They can't be locked down in advance but they are set within a day or two of your pick-up date from the pool of carriers available at that time. [ view ]
    Poster:Chris McFThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:5/22/2015 2:14:00 PM
    Subject: Ship a Car Direct
    Review:The process was easy. Dale was very helpful. My shipment was completed much faster than I expected. I used another company previously for the same exact shipment and it took two and a half weeks. They also charged me upfront. With ship a car dir... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for your feedback, Donna! Happy to keep it quick and easy for you! [ view ]
    Poster:DonnaThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:5/22/2015 1:54:00 PM
    Subject: Ship a car direct is great. I would definitely use them again
    Review:Ship a car direct is really great to help me move my car from Texas to Pennsylvania. I did some search on the internet and compare quotes from different companies. Ship a car direct has good reviews and best deal. So I picked them and I am really hap... [ More ]
    Response:We're happy you picked us too, Amy! Thanks for your positive feedback! [ view ]
    Poster:AmyThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:5/22/2015 4:20:00 AM
    Subject: Good shipping experience but pricey
    Review:Ship a car direct was very professional. The communication was good. Jason got me a carrier, which arrived 2 days after my initial available date and i think that's good enough. The carrier is good, knowledge, surprisingly on time. The only downsi... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for your positive review, Rain! Glad to hear it was timely and professional! [ view ]
    Poster:Rain Zhou
    Date:5/22/2015 1:56:00 AM
    Subject: Review - Ship a Car Direct
    Review:We needed to ship our car from Ohio to Florida but our time frame was very limited as to both the pick up (I gave 2 available dates) and delivery day (I gave only 1 date) for the car. I felt the quote I was given ($625) worked very well within my bud... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for your amazing recommendation, Barbara! So happy to keep you in the loop throughout! [ view ]
    Poster:Barbara Nemeth
    Date:5/22/2015 12:25:00 AM
    Subject: Arrived!!
    Review:First of all, this was my first time ever shipping a car. The most important part of this for me was that the car would arrive at it's destination and 'ta-da' that is exactly what happened. The car was picked up by the White Hawks Auto LLC. They were... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the great review, Vicky! Happy to deliver as promised! [ view ]
    Poster:Vicky
    Date:5/22/2015 12:04:00 AM
    Subject: Transporter
    Review:Great company to deal with. Jason stayed on top of it. Transporter selected was top notch. John the driver was very courteous and paid great attention to keeping my vintage truck from being damaged. [ View ]
    Response:Thanks for your five star feedback, Rob! Glad to hear we found a great carrier match for you! [ view ]
    Poster:Rob JohnsonThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:5/21/2015 11:56:00 PM
    Subject: Emily was great at Ship A Car Direct
    Review:Emily at Ship A Car Direct was very helpful, honest and there to take you calls or emails. She kept me sane throughout this entire process as the carrier were not very customer friendly. Trying to get an update was like pulling teeth with G&D Car... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for your five star feedback, Ben! Glad Emily was available for you - even when the carrier wasn't very helpful! [ view ]
    Poster:Ben W
    Date:5/21/2015 10:43:00 PM
    Subject: good service
    Review:I chose shipcardirect based on the review online. Although it looks more expensive than other companies, but the quality of service is also better than others. I also appreciate the director I contacted, Matt. He helps me a lot to find the right trac... [ More ]
    Response:Happy to be helpful, Louise! Thank you for your feedback! [ view ]
    Poster:LouiseThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:5/21/2015 10:20:00 PM
    Subject: awesome service
    Review:Ship A Car direct was very knowledgable and I would definitely use them again if I ever need to transport my car!!!! [ View ]
    Response:Thanks, Johanna! We'd be happy to help you again! [ view ]
    Poster:Johanna Hernandez
    Date:5/21/2015 9:32:00 PM
    Subject: Good service
    Review:I was trying to ship my minivan from Delaware to California. I contact Ship a Car Direct. Once we agreed on the contract, they assigned me a truck soon. The only small issue is the truck picked up my car two days early than our schedule. But overall,... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for your feedback! Sorry the pick-up was too quick, but glad the service was good overall! [ view ]
    Poster:Lifan XuThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:5/21/2015 6:39:00 PM
    Subject: Ship a car direct the best in the business of car shipping
    Review:I shipped my car from NY to TX and wanted my car to be delivered on the same day i reach TX by flight. I was expecting the car to be delivered on the same day or the next morning and as per my expectation it was right there within 5 minutes when i re... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for your amazing feedback, Nick! Great to hear it was on time for you! [ view ]
    Poster:NickThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:5/21/2015 2:17:00 AM
    Subject: Ship a car direct
    Review:Matt made the process of shipping a car to My son at college very easy. Everything went very smoothly on both pick up and drop off. There Was no damage to the car. We would definitely use him again if necessary! [ View ]
    Response:Thanks for the great review, Cathy! Glad to keep it safe and smooth for you! [ view ]
    Poster:Cathy PetitoThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:5/21/2015 1:33:00 AM
    Subject: Review of Ship A Car Direct
    Review:This was my second car transport with Matt at Ship A Car Direct. He is efficient, keeps in touch and is friendly. The drivers I have had both times were thorough, dependable, friendly and had excellent, clear communication . I had confidence in bo... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the positive review and the repeat business, Paula! Glad to inspire confidence in the service! [ view ]
    Poster:PaulaThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:5/21/2015 12:36:00 AM
    Subject: Great Company, Very Reliable
    Review:This company was very reliable. Gaby was extremely personable on the phone, the car was picked up promptly in CA and arrived 1 week later in MI, without any damage. The driver did not give me much notice the day he was delivering the car, but other t... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for your feedback, Taylor! Sorry you didn't get more notice on delivery, but glad it was otherwise a good experience! [ view ]
    Poster:Taylor MadisonThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:5/20/2015 8:52:00 PM
    Subject: Thanks to Ship A Car Direct
    Review:We did some research before selecting a company to assist us in moving our car across the country. It took a while to figure out that the way this business works is through a broker who finds you the actual trucking company that will carry your car.... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the great feedback, Rebecca! Good points for first time shippers! [ view ]
    Poster:Rebecca ParkerThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:5/20/2015 7:47:00 PM
    Subject: Excellent service
    Review:We were very please with the service we received. Would use them again. They picked up car within an hour of the car being made available and we received it 12 hours later. [ View ]
    Response:Thanks, Glenn! Glad it was quick for you! [ view ]
    Poster:Glenn RodriquezThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:5/20/2015 7:17:00 PM
    Subject: Satisfied Customer
    Review:Because we had a very small window of time for pick up of car we were worried that the car might not be picked up before our flight home but everything worked out perfectly and car was delivered on the other end in good condition. We would use this ... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for your great feedback, Sam! Glad it was delivered on time! [ view ]
    Poster:Sam
    Date:5/20/2015 6:31:00 PM
    Review:The representative from Ship-A-Car Direct was knowledgeable and forthcoming. He explained the complete process from bid to delivery with no hidden surprises. The price quoted was the price paid. I cancelled an order with a major moving company becaus... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the great recommendation! Happy to keep the process transparent for you! [ view ]
    Poster:S SmithThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:5/20/2015 4:59:00 PM
    Subject: Shipping to Miami
    Review:Having done this before, my first impression that I was getting a different service was the attention to detail on the part of the company, followed by the provision of advice on video and e-mails and then completed by a fully satisfactory experience... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for your great feedback, Wolfgang! We're ready to help you move another one whenever you are! [ view ]
    Poster:WolfgangThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:5/20/2015 2:52:00 PM
    Subject: Transport of Car
    Review:The transport was easy and swift and i am a returning customer. It was on time and reasonably priced. [ View ]
    Response:Thanks for your repeat business, Sukrity! [ view ]
    Poster:Sukrity Mondal
    Date:5/20/2015 1:52:00 PM
    Subject: Jeep Review
    Review:I found Ship-A-Car Direct online. I called the phone number and spoke with Matt. He was very thorough and understanding. I placed the call months in advance as I knew I only had a small window to get the car picked up in Arizona and brought back ... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for your great review, Linda! Happy to deliver as promised! [ view ]
    Poster:Linda Trulby
    Date:5/19/2015 11:21:00 PM
    Subject: review of Shipacardirect
    Review:Gaby set everything up perfectly and kept in touch with me. It took about 5 days to get the actual carrier and only 4 days from California to Boston, The driver was pleasant and kept in touch, all in all a very pleasant experience. The car arrived w... [ More ]
    Response:Glad to hear it was pleasant, Beate! Thanks for your recommendation! [ view ]
    Poster:Beate Collas
    Date:5/19/2015 7:37:00 PM
    Subject: 2nd time using shipacar
    Review:This was the second time we used ship a car. Tom was our contact both times. Both transport went smoothly and professionally. The time tables for pick up and delivery were exactly as stated. I would highly recommend this transport company and would n... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for your five star recommendation and the repeat business, Bob! We're so pleased to hear that you are pleased! [ view ]
    Poster:Bob
    Date:5/19/2015 7:30:00 PM
    Subject: Great!
    Review:Prompt pick-up and delivery, very impressed and happy with the service! Picked up my car a day earlier than the estimated date they had told me, which was great. Were in contact with me and made sure I knew exactly when they would come pick it up. On... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks, Filomena! Happy to keep it quick and safe for you! [ view ]
    Poster:FilomenaThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:5/19/2015 5:51:00 PM
    Subject: Tracking on line
    Review:If you set up tracking system online, it will much easier and better for the customers. It will be much clear for the customers to know exact situation of the transport. It should be connected automatically to all the carrier. And customers don't n... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for your feedback, Howard! [ view ]
    Poster:howard kimThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:5/19/2015 5:34:00 PM
    Subject: great service
    Review:I used a different auto transporter first that gave me a false lower quote. It took them a week to get back to me with a significantly increase price. I contacted Matt after rejecting that service provider. Matt was very helpful and honest. He foun... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for your great recommendation! It's an important point - most times the lowest quote you receive is just too good to be true. [ view ]
    Poster:Yijia Jiang
    Date:5/19/2015 3:04:00 PM
    Subject: Very good job!
    Review:Nice driver, he arrived on time near our house since our street had no turn around spot (narrow dead end), my 2 cars were delivered in great shape, early in fact. Would use again! [ View ]
    Response:Thanks for the five stars, Mark! Glad it was quick! [ view ]
    Poster:Mark WatsonThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:5/19/2015 2:37:00 PM
    Subject: Great Customer Service
    Review:After days of frustration with another company, this company found a good carrier and got my car moved. Catch is this was the highest quote I had received, and even with that, the carrier they found charged even more so it ended up costing higher tha... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for your sincere feedback, Ron! Glad we were able to help out when the other company couldn't get it done. [ view ]
    Poster:Ron
    Date:5/19/2015 2:26:00 AM
    Subject: Certanly recomend
    Review:The process was very simple, easy and without stress. The transport was on the days and times that were planed. The car arrived without any problem. I would Certainly will recommend this company to friends. [ View ]
    Response:Thanks for your great recommendation, Marcia! Happy to keep it easy for you! [ view ]
    Poster:Marcia
    Date:5/19/2015 1:36:00 AM
    Subject: Fast and reliable service
    Review:Ship A Car direct came through when we needed to have a vehicle shipped short notice. I called them and Gabby was my point of contact. She was honest and had a driver for me in less than 24 hrs. Great service! [ View ]
    Response:Thanks for your positive review! Happy to keep it quick for you! [ view ]
    Poster:S. JudeThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:5/18/2015 9:35:00 PM
    Subject: Excellent Company to work with
    Review:Excellent service from Jason with absolute clarity and no problems. The transport driver and everyone associated with this company were so very nice and very professional. Will use again. Thanks! [ View ]
    Response:Thanks for your excellent review! Happy to keep it nice and clear for you! [ view ]
    Poster:S McMThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:5/18/2015 4:58:00 PM
    Subject: Best service
    Review:I am using a car transport service for the first time ever and it was much better experience with moving my car. No delay in pick up or drop off. Picked up on the day I wanted and delivered within 8 to 10 days or less days. No scratch, dent or any ki... [ More ]
    Response:Glad to hear we stood up to your research! Thanks for the five star feedback! [ view ]
    Poster:DRVSPThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:5/18/2015 3:36:00 PM
    Review:We have used Ship A Car Direct twice and have had an excellent experience with them both times. Jason was our representative and he was very communicative throughout the whole process. We had no problems with the drivers - they were all good people... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the great recommendation and your repeat business, Emily! Happy to keep you in the loop through the process! [ view ]
    Poster:Emily DowellThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:5/18/2015 3:21:00 PM
    Subject: Excellent Shipping Experience
    Review:This shipping experience could not have gone better. When I called for a quote Matt cautioned me that it was the snowbird relocation time of year on my route and that it might take a little longer to find a carrier than usual. I was fine with that,... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for your positive and informative feedback, Lynn! We hope it helps someone else too! [ view ]
    Poster:Lynn
    Date:5/18/2015 3:07:00 PM
    Subject: ship a car direct
    Review:I have been dealing with Tom at Ship a Car Direct for many years now and continue to be impressed with his service. I am always kept informed about the status of my shipment and he is well informed about current market pricing. Ship a Car Direct ... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for your fantastic review and the repeat business, Ken! Tom is ready to help you with the next one! ;) [ view ]
    Poster:Ken Budde
    Date:5/18/2015 2:37:00 PM
    Subject: SERVICE WAS VERY GOOD
    Review:tHIS IS THE SECOND TIME USING THIS COMPANY. WE FOUND THEM TO BE VERY RELIABLE.WHAT WE LIKED MOST WAS THE ABILITY TO ALWAYS COMMUNICATE WITH THEM WHETHER BY PHONE CALL OR EMAIL. DRIVER WAS VERY COURTEOUS (HELPED MY MOM PUT SUITCASE IN HOUSE) WE WOULD ... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for your great feedback and the repeat business! Happy to keep you in the loop! [ view ]
    Poster:j dalto
    Date:5/18/2015 1:42:00 PM
    Subject: Car shipping review
    Review:From my initial contact with Ship a Car Direct, I was impressed with the personalized professionalism of the agent, Tom, and his easing my fears in transporting my car, a first time experience. He explained the process, gave web site for videos to kn... [ More ]
    Response:We're happy you're happy! Thanks for your first-timer feedback! [ view ]
    Poster:Happy snowbird
    Date:5/18/2015 2:21:00 AM
    Subject: Contact
    Review:The customer service at Ship a Car Direct was great and my car was delivered on time and intact with no damage. My only complaint is that the car carrier company did not contact me when the carrier for my car was booked. I contacted the carrier compa... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for your positive feedback, Shelby! Sorry your carrier was delayed with their communication. Glad it worked out in the end! [ view ]
    Poster:ShelbyThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:5/18/2015 12:10:00 AM

Next Reviews on Ship a Car Direct

Ship a Car Direct Home | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76