View 156,073 Reviews on 3,648 Auto Transport Companies. Recently Ship A Vehicle? Add the 156,074th Review now!

View Ship a Car Direct's New Profile

Ship a Car Direct
866-221-1664 - Los Angeles, CA 91602
Phone Number:866-221-1664 No Deposit Up Front
Secondary Phone Number:818-824-8100
Website:http://www.shipacardirect.com/car-shipping-rates.php
Time On Site:6 Years, 11 Months. Since 2/21/2008
Other Names:
(using or used this MC number)
Honesty First Auto Transport Inc. | Safe-Direct Car Shipping |

The #1 thing that separates us from ALL others is that we back our rigorously PRE-SCREENED carriers with $500 in FREE Gap Coverage. We're the ONLY company that offers this. (BUT it's the Peace of Mind of avoiding the carriers on our *BLACKLIST* that's the REAL Benefit). Out of 7500+ carriers available, we DO NOT USE 75% of them, because they do not meet our demanding standards... and your high expectations. It's the way we can provide you with the guarantees you desire: The industry's only "Damage Free or We Pay You" Guarantee, Door-to-Door delivery, and 100% Insurance, all with NO UPFRONT DEPOSIT required. The fact that you are here shows that you care about quality as much as we do. This is a great site and should prove extremely useful in making your decision as well as avoiding common problems. Our advice is to start by reading the bad reviews. You can learn a lot from another person's problems as well as get a feel for the company based on their response. All of our reviews are directly from our customers. Click the link above to visit our website and get a FREE ONLINE ESTIMATE. You only share your personal info when you're ready to move forward. We also have great USER VIDEOS, helpful FAQs and glowing Testimonials. Get a Quote today!
Have your own experience with Ship a Car Direct to share?

Ship a Car Direct reports that they have an average of 10000 customers per year. Currently, this site has 1670 reviews posted by individual customers for the past 365 days. So approximately 16.70% of Ship a Car Direct customers have posted a review.

This means that 83.30% percent of their customerís opinions are not represented on this site.
    Next Reviews on Ship a Car Direct
    Subject: Honest and good service
    Review:David was helpful and transparent through out the process. The carrier that ship a car chose was provided good service and delivered my car on time. [ View ]
    Poster:409278
    Date:1/25/2015 12:44:00 AM
    Subject: Good Broker, Left wanting on Carrier Company
    Review:Worked w/ Matt from Ship A Car Direct Brokers. Great price for enclosed carrier from Charlote, NC to Chicago, IL. Deal was to transport newly bought vehicle from NC dealer lot to Chicago. Several quotes for an enclosed carrier for 3rd week of Janu... [ More ]
    Poster:C. J.This reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:1/25/2015 12:08:00 AM
    Subject: Car Shipping Experience
    Review:Ship a Car Direct was very good about answering all of my questions prior to having my car shipped. While they were not able to pick it up on my first available date, they kept me informed, and were able to do so within a few days. And honestly, I di... [ More ]
    Poster:Eric WangThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:1/24/2015 3:37:00 PM
    Subject: Great Delivery
    Review:We received excellent customer service from David. The carrier selected was on time, polite, and provided us with a great value. We had a Lincoln Navigator that was handled with extreme care. This is the only way I will go in the future. Thank yo... [ More ]
    Poster:Steven, Mobile ALThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:1/24/2015 2:23:00 PM
    Subject: This is a company you can trust
    Review:I highly recommend Ship a Car Direct. None of the shipping companies are going to be an ideal choice unless you plan on spending a lot of money and transporting your car in an enclosed carrier like the ones that handle classic cars for auction. When ... [ More ]
    Poster:JonathanThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:1/24/2015 10:06:00 AM
    Subject: Good Job!
    Review:* Experience with Ship-a-Car-Direct was good. * The price quoted/paid of $1,170 (including tip) was reasonable. * The delivery was timely, i.e. in 7 days. * David was prompt in communication. * The delivery truck was flexible in transporting to a... [ More ]
    Poster:OmkarThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:1/24/2015 9:56:00 AM
    Subject: The broker was efficient but not the carrier
    Review:It was during the holidays. The car was picked up two days later than it was scheduled. I never got a chance to talk to the people from the carrier - PK Line - before the pickup because nobody ever answered the phone or returned my phone call. 10 d... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for your feedback! Sorry to hear the carrier was not more responsive, we are following up on this end. But we are always happy to stay in touch throughout! [ view ]
    Poster:JIAYUN ZHUANG
    Date:1/23/2015 7:47:00 PM
    Review:Typically, I don't write many reviews, but because I had such a great experience with (Ship A Car Direct (SACD) and my contact person Dale, I had to sit down and write a review. All of the great reviews I read online prior to contacting SACD is what... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the amazing 5 star review, Kim! Glad our service stood up to the reviews! [ view ]
    Poster:Kim H.
    Date:1/23/2015 5:23:00 PM
    Subject: customer review
    Review:We had a different broker/carrier bail out on transporting my sons car the day before it was to be picked up. I frantically called around and could not be happier with Ship a Car Direct. David was very honest, upfront and realistic with what we nee... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the great review, Jill! Happy to be helpful in a challenging situation! [ view ]
    Poster:jill motew
    Date:1/23/2015 5:22:00 PM
    Subject: Great experience and using again for our other car
    Review:I worked with Emily and she was incredibly responsive and able to answer all my questions. Once we decided to go with this carrier, I needed to ship the car asap to the other coast. I couldn't believe the turn around time was literally less than 24... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the awesome review, Lisa! Always happy to answer all of your questions about the process! [ view ]
    Poster:LisaThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:1/23/2015 3:28:00 PM
    Subject: Best yet
    Review:We have had cars shipped 4 times in the past two years. This most recent experience was by far the best. The broker (Matt) was on top of things, the person coordinating at the shipping company (Olga) kept us informed, and both the pickup and dropof... [ More ]
    Response:So glad to provide your best transport yet! Thanks for the great review! [ view ]
    Poster:J MinervinoThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:1/23/2015 2:35:00 PM
    Subject: Excellent Company
    Review:I highly recommend this company. Their representative was clear, concise and honest about the process. I was able to contact him at any time with any questions. The carrier was on time and also able to be contacted during the entire shipment. The... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the amazing recommendation, June! Always happy to be straight-forward about the process! [ view ]
    Poster:June V
    Date:1/23/2015 2:28:00 PM
    Subject: ship a car to california
    Review:I would like to offer my highest praises for this company. I needed a car shipped to LA, California and I did not know of anyone who had experience doing so. I went on line and spoke to several company reps. When I spoke with David, he was honest,... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the high praise, Barb! Great to hear David put your shipping fears to rest! [ view ]
    Poster:barb mo
    Date:1/23/2015 2:01:00 PM
    Subject: Promt, friendly, knowledgeable.
    Review:Had my truck shipped from Baytown, TX to Loveland, CO and was very pleased with the whole transaction. Set everything up on a weeks notice and Tom, my contact with ship a car direct, answered all my questions and went out of his way to accommodate my... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the great review, Denton! We're so pleased that you are pleased! [ view ]
    Poster:DentonThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:1/23/2015 8:55:00 AM
    Subject: Car shipping
    Review:This was a very proffesional efficient experience. Tom guided me through the whole process so I felt I received personal attention. He was always available and kept in constant contact. The driver kept me posted along the way and arrived when he said... [ More ]
    Response:Happy to keep it stress-free! Thanks for the five star review, Mark! [ view ]
    Poster:Mark Piznarski
    Date:1/23/2015 8:51:00 AM
    Review:Dale delivered whatever he promised. Didn't pay until the carrier was known. He provided the carrier/truck driver contact number; called the driver for the pickup date/time and then paid the deposit to Dale. The delivery was on time as promised.Dale ... [ More ]
    Response:Happy to keep it timely and affordable for you, Anil! Thanks for the great review! [ view ]
    Poster:Anil Kumar
    Date:1/23/2015 5:27:00 AM
    Review:After searching through eight other companies I decided to use shipacardirect. I was dealing with Emily from start to finish. Emily is a very friendly, professional, honest, and helpful person to deal with. She put us in contact with Monway Transp... [ More ]
    Poster:Michael Strzok
    Date:1/22/2015 9:40:00 PM
    Subject: rating and review
    Review:My contact person Tom was very helpful. After several days waiting for pick-up, Tom advised me to drive to Riverside to facilitate the process. [ View ]
    Poster:bruce hansonThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:1/22/2015 2:54:00 PM
    Subject: Very easy
    Review:I was very pleased with my experience. David provided all the information I needed and worked quickly to fit my timeframe. The price was considerably less than other quotes that I received (and I am still waiting for a quote from one company). The ca... [ More ]
    Poster:DanThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:1/22/2015 11:51:00 AM
    Subject: Satisfied!
    Review:Normally i get really lazy when it comes to writing an review. But I am writing this one because the reviews really helped me alot before and during my process. It was my first time shipping a car and i was more anxious because i was almost done wi... [ More ]
    Poster:Paul
    Date:1/21/2015 10:32:00 PM
    Review:After reading in-depth reviews of many auto transport companies, I chose Ship A Car Direct. I was contacted immediately and Dale was very nice and helpful with my transaction. Everything was explained in great detail and followed up with multiple em... [ More ]
    Poster:Tammy Garvin
    Date:1/21/2015 9:05:00 PM
    Subject: Damage in Transport
    Review:I selected Ship-A-Car Direct Because of their reviews,customer service and their 100% Damage Free Guarantee to ship my 1950 Chevy Custom Truck. I'm glad I went with them. The truck was damaged in Route. We had followed the advice from SACD and took p... [ More ]
    Poster:Raymond JenksThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:1/21/2015 5:11:00 PM
    Subject: Hats off to Tom and Ship-A-Car-Direct
    Review:Tom was honest and communicated with me about everything. Out truck was in Indiana in a little town and it was during the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays so it took some time to secure a transport driver, but Tom called me several times to keep ... [ More ]
    Poster:Terry MillerThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:1/21/2015 2:49:00 PM
    Subject: Stress free experience
    Review:Was a good experience. All I had to do was make my 1st call (and pay the bills), rest all was taken care off. Car was picked up on time, and delivered on the date I had requested for. [ View ]
    Poster:Pratyush Walvekar
    Date:1/21/2015 2:14:00 PM
    Subject: Carrier
    Review:this my second time using ShipaCar ... The service and communication provided by Tom was exceptal. The only problem I experianced was in contracting a CARRIER. Didn't a confirmed pickup date until 3 dayd beyond my requested window. I was assigned ... [ More ]
    Poster:John Trapane
    Date:1/21/2015 1:21:00 PM
    Subject: Quick
    Review:Matt at Ship a Car Direct was very responsive and quick. We also listed my car at $100 less and luckily got a quick bite. Thanks for the help. The carrier BSK was easy to get a hold of. He was very fast reaching the destination so make sure you... [ More ]
    Poster:Marden
    Date:1/21/2015 10:49:00 AM
    Subject: Great experience!
    Review:I had a great experience with Ship A Car Direct. I needed to swap the location of two cars and coordinate the pick-up/drop-off times around an upcoming trip out of town. I had shipped a car in the past with a different company and did not have a good... [ More ]
    Poster:MT
    Date:1/20/2015 11:29:00 PM
    Subject: Excellent service
    Review:My overall experience was awesome from beginning to end. David went out of his way to ensure that my car was picked up in a timely manner. The guys who delivered my car were very kind and professional. I would use them again in a heartbeat. ... [ More ]
    Poster:Carolyn BanksThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:1/20/2015 9:29:00 PM
    Subject: Overall Experience
    Review:Overall experience went smooth. They came to get the car a day earlier than the assigned first day available, but that wasn't a big deal. Said would be in Maryland by Friday or Saturday, didn't arrive until Saturday so only bad thing was it was being... [ More ]
    Poster:Veronica
    Date:1/20/2015 5:36:00 PM
    Subject: I'm definitely gonna use these guys again
    Review:I was moving to Texas and needed to get my car transported there from Virginia. Most of the reviews I read were horror stories of cars getting damaged and unprofessional behavior from companies. These guys had good reviews so I decided to go with the... [ More ]
    Poster:Shahrukh BalochThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:1/20/2015 5:09:00 PM
    Subject: Ship a Car Direct
    Review:The broker is very responsive, and the carrier is fairly experienced, although there was one day slip on the picking up date and another day slip on the delivery date. My car is under a good condition after the shipment, and nothing was stolen from t... [ More ]
    Poster:Derek
    Date:1/20/2015 4:56:00 PM
    Subject: A Huge Help!!!
    Review:I purchased a car and needed it delivered, from Utah to Missouri. Tom, at Ship A Car Direct, was able to get me set up and stayed in contact with me through the entire period. He even contacted me after delivery, asking if everything was fine. Tom he... [ More ]
    Poster:JeffThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:1/20/2015 4:09:00 PM
    Subject: Awesome service
    Review:I was real pleased with there service. I will recommend to family and friends.. They pick my car up on a Tuesday from California and got to Charlotte NC on Sunday that same week.. The truck guy kept in contact with me when he was getting closer to me... [ More ]
    Poster:Liz Santiago This reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:1/20/2015 12:55:00 PM
    Subject: ship-a-car-direct
    Review:I had my car shipped from Berkeley, CA to Rochester, NY. It cost $1095. The auto transporter was timely, professional, and easy to get in contact with while on the road to set up pick-up/drop-off times amidst my crazy work schedule. [ View ]
    Poster:VeronicaThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:1/20/2015 10:36:00 AM
    Subject: Transport of Fiat 500e
    Review:Ship a Car Direct and Emily in particular took great care to explain the entire process so that I wasn't wondering what would happen or when or how. The driver arrived almost exactly when he said he would which was very helpful because I had to come ... [ More ]
    Poster:Andrew McGhee
    Date:1/20/2015 8:25:00 AM
    Subject: NJ-CA - Audi 2011
    Review:All my questions prior to booking were promptly answered by Matt. He followed up frequently for every step of the process and was able to find a carrier within days of me placing the order. The carrier they referred to picked up the car ahead of time... [ More ]
    Poster:Venkatesh
    Date:1/19/2015 9:23:00 PM
    Review:Car was on time and seems to be in working order. No real complaints. The company basically takes a down payment, then submits your transportation order to bidding site. Drivers then bid on transporting the car. My driver originally came from my area... [ More ]
    Poster:Carolyn BarnesThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:1/19/2015 9:11:00 PM
    Review:I am very please with the car transport. I, like many people, did research on-line and found good reviews for Ship A Car Direct. I can see why after my experience. The person I dealt with was knowledgeable about the process and answered my questio... [ More ]
    Poster:JohnThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:1/19/2015 6:52:00 PM
    Subject: Completely Satisfied!
    Review:Ship a Car Direct is the only way to go. Tom is extremely knowledgeable and truly picks only the best carriers. He was very thorough in explaining everything to me. It was a very pleasant experience and I knew that my car would arrive safely. [ View ]
    Poster:Dan ShustaThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:1/19/2015 4:26:00 PM
    Subject: Car Delivery was perfect from NC-MI
    Review:The car was delivered on Time it was picked up on Friday night and was delivered on Sunday morning around10am.The car when picked up in NC the weather condition was good the weather got a bit bad in Michigan but the car was delivered on time and with... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the great review, Mohit! Glad to keep it timely for you! [ view ]
    Poster:Mohit DasThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:1/19/2015 3:04:00 PM
    Subject: Ship a car direct
    Review:Timely response throughout, starting with the quote, Pickup date and delivery. Driver was timely and polite as well. Professional service all around [ View ]
    Response:Thanks for the positive review! Happy to keep it nice and quick! [ view ]
    Poster:SCThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:1/19/2015 12:56:00 PM
    Subject: SHIP A CAR DIRECT MET ALL EXPECTATIONS
    Review:David took care and managed the safety arrival of two of my cars. Since it was my first time using this kind of service I was a bit anxious, but David helped me to cancel all concerns. Both of my cars arrived in very good conditions. The truck driver... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the great recommendation, Moriah! Glad to hear David relieved your concerns! [ view ]
    Poster:Moriah SolomonThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:1/19/2015 12:08:00 PM
    Subject: 57 Berkeley
    Review:The car was a 1957 Berkeley 328, which is a very small British sports car. JL trucking delivered it and put it in my garage. Their trailer with a flat deck allowed the 4 foot wide car to be loaded, and unloaded easily. They were careful, thorough ... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the positive review, Al! Happy to keep it safe and easy for you! [ view ]
    Poster:Al RickmersThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:1/19/2015 10:28:00 AM
    Subject: Excellent Service "No Tricks, as other Companies"
    Review:After wasting my time with other companies, I call "Ship a Car Direct" and Dale give me an honest quote that not changed. My Truck was deliver in time and with no hidden charges. Prior to calling "Ship a Car Direct" I had called ... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the great review, Carlos! You bring up a good point: the lowest quote you get might not be realistic. We like to price it right from the beginning! [ view ]
    Poster:CarlosThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:1/19/2015 10:11:00 AM
    Subject: NC to AZ
    Review:Our experieince with Ship A Car Direct could not have gone better. We needed to get our car from North Carolina to Arizonia. Car was picked up Tuesday morning and delivered Friday evening. From the time we placed the request for a quote until our car... [ More ]
    Response:Happy to keep you in the loop every step of the way! Thanks for the amazing review! [ view ]
    Poster:409824-EZThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:1/18/2015 8:03:00 PM
    Subject: Excellent experience from beginning to end
    Review:I did a lot of research before choosing Ship A Car Direct and my research paid off. I was looking to transport a Mazda Protege from New Jersey to California and had a specific date that I wanted the car delivered by. I had read so many horror storie... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the excellent review, Nadine! Happy to keep it a seamless experience! [ view ]
    Poster:NadineThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:1/18/2015 3:25:00 PM
    Subject: very reliable and easy
    Review:I tried couple of other transport companies but was unable to get the car picked. Matt was clear what will happens and it was picked within 3 days of placing the order and I was amazed I received the car within 4 days. Let just say they got my busine... [ More ]
    Response:Happy to have your future business, Mahesh! Thanks for the great review! [ view ]
    Poster:Mahesh This reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:1/18/2015 3:05:00 PM
    Subject: PA to CA Transport
    Review:David, the representative from Ship A Car Direct, was helpful, polite, and maintained contact after the sale. Pickup was on time with good communications from the the representative of the carrier (Transauto Logistics Corp) as well as their driv... [ More ]
    Response:Glad your first experience with us was better than your last transport! And you are right - cars do arrive dusty after a cross-country trip! [ view ]
    Poster:R. PattersonThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:1/18/2015 2:46:00 PM
    Subject: car transport - IL to FL
    Review:Having transported cars from IL to FL and back as well as NJ to FL, Ship a Car Direct and Dale was the best company I have used. This was about the 5th time I needed transport and Dale was completely up front about everything. Unless I am driving ... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the perfect 5 star review! Great to hear we are the best you've used! [ view ]
    Poster:J D
    Date:1/17/2015 1:02:00 PM
    Subject: Car Shipment Feedback
    Review:The shipment of the car from WI to AZ was perfect! Driver Rodney picked up the car on WEDS and had it safely delivered to us on SUN. The car was received in fine shape-no damage done on the long ride-Thank You Rodney! I had never shipped a car ... [ More ]
    Poster:Mark TutkowskiThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:1/17/2015 10:31:00 AM

Next Reviews on Ship a Car Direct

Ship a Car Direct Home | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74