View 160,405 Reviews on 3,685 Auto Transport Companies. Recently Ship A Vehicle? Add the 160,406th Review now!

View Ship a Car Direct's New Profile

Ship a Car Direct
866-221-1664 - Los Angeles, CA 91602
Phone Number:866-221-1664 No Deposit Up Front
Secondary Phone Number:818-824-8100
Website:http://www.shipacardirect.com/car-shipping-rates.php
Time On Site:7 Years, 2 Months. Since 2/21/2008
Other Names:
(using or used this MC number)
Honesty First Auto Transport Inc. | Safe-Direct Car Shipping |

The #1 thing that separates us from ALL others is that we back our rigorously PRE-SCREENED carriers with $500 in FREE Gap Coverage. We're the ONLY company that offers this. (BUT it's the Peace of Mind of avoiding the carriers on our *BLACKLIST* that's the REAL Benefit). Out of 7500+ carriers available, we DO NOT USE 75% of them, because they do not meet our demanding standards... and your high expectations. It's the way we can provide you with the guarantees you desire: The industry's only "Damage Free or We Pay You" Guarantee, Door-to-Door delivery, and 100% Insurance, all with NO UPFRONT DEPOSIT required. The fact that you are here shows that you care about quality as much as we do. This is a great site and should prove extremely useful in making your decision as well as avoiding common problems. Our advice is to start by reading the bad reviews. You can learn a lot from another person's problems as well as get a feel for the company based on their response. All of our reviews are directly from real customers. Some shared their experience from the kindness of their hearts, some in return for an incentive and some because we threatened to share their freshman HS yearbook photo. (okay, 1 of those reasons isn't really true). Click the link above to visit our website and get a FREE ONLINE ESTIMATE. You only share your personal info when you're ready to move forward. We also have great USER VIDEOS, helpful FAQs and glowing Testimonials. Get a Quote today!
Have your own experience with Ship a Car Direct to share?

Ship a Car Direct reports that they have an average of 10000 customers per year. Currently, this site has 1678 reviews posted by individual customers for the past 365 days. So approximately 16.78% of Ship a Car Direct customers have posted a review.

This means that 83.22% percent of their customerís opinions are not represented on this site.
    Next Reviews on Ship a Car Direct
    Subject: Honesty Is Key
    Review:Ship-A-Car-Direct was great. Jason, my primary contact, touched bases with me several times throughout the shipping process and was very informative. E & V Transportation, the company that actually shipped my vehicle, on the other hand was ... [ More ]
    Poster:AndyThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:4/19/2015 8:00:00 PM
    Subject: 2000 Honda Civic
    Review:I had researched several companies to ship my car from California to Illinois since Nov 2014. I had spoken to another broker and was waiting to ship with them. But after I sent them questions about their insurance etc, they did not call me back. Then... [ More ]
    Poster:Alice Sarmiento
    Date:4/19/2015 5:17:00 PM
    Subject: Jeep Transport
    Review:ShipACardirect did a great job in getting a car for my son shipped from AZ to Fort Riley KS. Original quote date had expired due to son coming home on leave and needing the car longer. We had to change the ship date and they honored the original qu... [ More ]
    Poster:Jeff CarverThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:4/19/2015 4:27:00 PM
    Subject: Car transportation
    Review:This was a first for me to ship a car. Did research on the web and had two companies in mind, but after further reviews decided not to go with them. Then, found Ship A Car Direct, and they had excellent reviews and had one review from my home town ... [ More ]
    Poster:RS
    Date:4/19/2015 1:48:00 PM
    Subject: Car transport Utah to Kentucky
    Review:I was so impressed with this service. We were going to an out of the area, yet the service was so timely and efficient. I would highly recommend this service to anyone! [ View ]
    Poster:LaDean
    Date:4/19/2015 1:10:00 PM
    Subject: Excellent service
    Review:I was very happy with my experience at Ship a Car Direct. Tom always returned my calls promptly and was very knowledgeable. My car was picked up early and arrived early as well. I would definitely recommend Ship a Car Direct to anyone looking for a c... [ More ]
    Poster:Whitney
    Date:4/18/2015 11:30:00 PM
    Subject: On Time/Great Service
    Review:I spent alot of time looking at transportation reviews and kept coming back to ShipACarDirect.com. Matt was easy to work with and the car was picked up promptly and delivered on time. I didn't notice any damage and the driver kept me up-to-date on... [ More ]
    Poster:Darayle KnauseThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:4/18/2015 10:34:00 PM
    Subject: Car transport
    Review:Dave and carrier where great. I asked for a specific day to pick up and they did it. The carrier was on time and the driver was nice. We had no issues at all. They were all very nice and would recommend and use them again. Dave was very helpful and n... [ More ]
    Poster:Barb MThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:4/18/2015 4:18:00 PM
    Subject: Ship A Car Direct - an excellent experience
    Review:This was a great experience from start to finish. This was my first time shipping a car on my own (previous times were handled by corporate relocation services) and I was a little uncertain about the process. Tom was very helpful and kept me informe... [ More ]
    Poster:Gary C
    Date:4/18/2015 3:37:00 PM
    Subject: Good overall experience
    Review:Overall, in the end, I was pleased with my experience. It did take a while for a carrier to be assigned and he wasn't the easiest to get a hold of, but the car got cross country in one piece which is the important part. [ View ]
    Poster:JoeThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:4/18/2015 12:41:00 PM
    Review:I was a little nervous about transporting my car with an unknown company, but luckily I came across Ship A Car Direct. The on-line reviews of them were great, and my experience was no less than that. David patiently answered all my questions, even wh... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for your five star review, John! Always happy to answer questions! [ view ]
    Poster:John GouldThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:4/17/2015 8:44:00 PM
    Subject: Amazing Car transportation company
    Review:Well matched price for value. Shipped right on time and arrived in good condition. Satisfied overall. [ View ]
    Poster:Arun Sangameswaran
    Date:4/17/2015 6:08:00 PM
    Subject: car transport
    Review:reliable service. They are in touch with you along the way. no headache. would use again. Good price compared to other companies. Would refer friends. Thanks David. [ View ]
    Response:Thanks Ed! Glad it was a headache-free experience! [ view ]
    Poster:ed TThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:4/16/2015 11:59:00 PM
    Subject: Good overall
    Review:Everything is great. The delivery is on time and there is no big damage. The customer service from this company is great. The only reason that why I didn't give it full credit is that the driver was pretty rude and refused to let me note the weather ... [ More ]
    Response:Glad it was good overall, thank you for your feedback! Sorry your driver was not very helpful about your concerns with the delivery inspection report. We will make a note of it. [ view ]
    Poster:Ruiqin YangThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:4/16/2015 11:17:00 PM
    Subject: Shipping experience
    Review:I was nervous about shipping a classic car especially after reading many reviews from different shippers with all kinds of issues. The process with Ship a Car Direct was a breeze and really put my mind at ease. The delivery driver was very experience... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for the wonderful review, Jamisen! Glad to put your mind at ease! [ view ]
    Poster:Jamisen JensenThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:4/16/2015 9:52:00 PM
    Subject: total experience
    Review:overall the service i got from first to last was outstanding. They were honest booking the carrier and the delivery time. they follow up with phone calls and e-mails throughout the entire process. I willnot hesitate to use them again and wii recome... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the outstanding review, Philip! Happy to keep you in the loop throughout! [ view ]
    Poster:philipfriedman
    Date:4/16/2015 5:12:00 PM
    Subject: Ship A Car Direct
    Review:I had an awesome experience with shipping my car from New Albany, OH to Orlando, FL with Ship A Car Direct. The entire process was easy, efficient and flawless. Dale was invaluable to me, getting everything in order and keeping me informed of what st... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the awesome review! Happy to keep it easy for you! [ view ]
    Poster:PAThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:4/16/2015 4:53:00 PM
    Subject: Good experience
    Review:Dale was very nice and explains everything in detail. My carrier was Allways Trucking LLC. The driver was nice, too. They were very fast. Be ready to wash your car when you pick it up. [ View ]
    Response:Thanks for the positive feedback! You are right about the car needing a wash after transport! [ view ]
    Poster:EK
    Date:4/16/2015 4:27:00 PM
    Subject: Better than I expected
    Review:I had bad experience of shipping cars from east coast to west coast years ago. Thus I hesitated to do this again. I was struggling to ship my car by carrier or drive it over by myself. Finally, I decided to give it another shot. I compared a few vend... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for the positive review, Ethan! Sorry you had a bad experience in the past - glad we were better than the other guys! [ view ]
    Poster:EthanThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:4/16/2015 6:59:00 AM
    Subject: Mom I need my car!!!
    Review:We were trying to figure out how to get my daughter's car to her from Kansas to Disney World in Orlando Florida where she is doing an internship. We never thought about shipping the car to her but it turned out to be less expensive than us driving i... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the positive review! Glad the videos were helpful! [ view ]
    Poster:M. Johnson
    Date:4/16/2015 4:04:00 AM
    Subject: Thankful I chose Ship a Car Direct
    Review:I was surely like most people shipping their cars: Overwhelmed with anxiety. As I perused through the internet looking for a company to ship our two cars across the country, there were many who received a majority of great reviews, there were always ... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the great review, May! We're glad you chose us too! [ view ]
    Poster:May LThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:4/16/2015 1:34:00 AM
    Subject: Perfection
    Review:This wasn't the first time I had a vehicle transported, but it was the first time using Ship A Car Direct. After requesting a quote on their web site, I received a call almost immediately. Tom took control and the rest was history. The service, pr... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for the amazing review, Ed! Happy to provide peace of mind! [ view ]
    Poster:Ed Thompson
    Date:4/16/2015 12:27:00 AM
    Subject: Ship A Car Direct
    Review:Ship A Car Direct was awesome, I would definitely use them again. My sister will be moving to South Carolina and I will definitely give her their information so that she can use them to ship her vehicles. My car was picked up on Friday and delivered ... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the awesome review and the referral, Shanae! Glad to hear the driver was great too! [ view ]
    Poster:Shanae Brown-Jones
    Date:4/15/2015 11:38:00 PM
    Review:From the order placing to pickup to delivery, everything went well, absolutely no issues. I'm happy I chose Shipacardirect. Car was picked up on time and was delivered on time just in 4 days. [ View ]
    Response:We're happy you chose us too, Venakta! Thanks for the excellent review! [ view ]
    Poster:Venkata Gade
    Date:4/15/2015 10:51:00 PM
    Subject: Car shipping
    Review:I worked with Matt to get my car shipped from New York to San Diego. He was very attentive and thorough. Although my car was picked up later than anticipated, Matt kept in contact with me the entire time and went to extra lengths to ensure that my ca... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for your feedback, Andrea. Glad to hear Matt was responsive. We want to know when you have a hard time so we can help. Sorry it was tough to get news from the carrier. [ view ]
    Poster:Andrea PThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:4/15/2015 10:42:00 PM
    Subject: Vehicle Transport
    Review:My driver communicated well. He took pictures of the vehicle before he loaded it and contacted me regarding the condition. He delivered the car on time to the minute and it was in excellent condition. [ View ]
    Response:Thanks for the five star review, Joe! Glad it went well! [ view ]
    Poster:Joe Burnett
    Date:4/15/2015 9:28:00 PM
    Subject: Ship a Car Direct is Awesome
    Review:Tom was very helpful throughout the process, from pre-pickup to post-delivery. The price was reasonable for enclosed transport. I received the car on time as promised. The carrier called when he picked up the vehicle, gave me an estimated delivery t... [ More ]
    Response:Glad your experience was a great one! Thanks for the amazing review, Tony! [ view ]
    Poster:Tony Stinnett
    Date:4/15/2015 9:08:00 PM
    Subject: Good transport experience with quirks
    Review:Pick up was on the second available day, pick up window pushed out from original window due to traffic. Pick up driver came directly to vehicle to inspect, no greeting. Once inspection complete driver handed sheet to me and told me to sign. He did an... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for your feedback, Michelle! Glad it was good overall - if quirky! [ view ]
    Poster:Michelle Hutchens-Baratta
    Date:4/15/2015 1:50:00 PM
    Subject: Honda Civic
    Review:I am very satisfied with your service. Keep on going! My car was delivered on time. I could easily contact whenever I have questions. [ View ]
    Response:Thanks for the great review! Glad it was timely for you! [ view ]
    Poster:KayThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:4/15/2015 12:39:00 PM
    Subject: satisfied customer
    Review:I'm completely happy with my experience with Ship A Car. My car was picked up early, delivered promptly, and had no damage. I will definitely recommend this company to others. [ View ]
    Response:Great to hear you are completely happy! Thanks for the recommendation, Rebecca! [ view ]
    Poster:RebeccaThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:4/15/2015 3:47:00 AM
    Subject: Easy cross-country move!
    Review:This was our first car move and Matt made it very easy. He kept us informed on the pickup date and we were in direct contact with driver throughout the move. We hope this is the only time we need to ship our car but if it's not, we know who to call!... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the great review, Betsy! Glad it was easy! [ view ]
    Poster:Betsy LThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:4/15/2015 1:33:00 AM
    Subject: Tom
    Review:This was a smooth transaction and experience. Tom went out of his way to ensure everything went smoothly and our needs were met. We would use him, and Ship-A-Car Direct, again and recommend them to others. [ View ]
    Response:Thanks for the great recommendation, Paul! Glad to hear it was smooth! [ view ]
    Poster:Paul Harris
    Date:4/14/2015 11:08:00 PM
    Subject: Excellent
    Review:I moved my car from Minnesota to California. The driver was late but they communicated with me the entire time. Car arrived on time with no issues! Would use them again! [ View ]
    Response:Thanks for the excellent review, Danielle! Glad it was issue-free! [ view ]
    Poster:Danielle
    Date:4/14/2015 10:57:00 PM
    Subject: Good Experience.
    Review:This was a pleasant experience as soon as I said the car was ready for pick up it was promptly picked up. The transport company contacted me directly and set up everything. The driver was very nice and I was there for the pick up in New Jersey and ... [ More ]
    Response:Glad it went smoothly! Thanks for the positive review! [ view ]
    Poster:N. W.This reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:4/14/2015 9:45:00 PM
    Subject: Ship a Car Direct
    Review:Ship a Car Direct and the specific transporter did a great job with shipping my car across the country. [ View ]
    Response:Thanks for the great review, Lori! [ view ]
    Poster:Lori E.
    Date:4/14/2015 9:19:00 PM
    Subject: SHIP A CAR DIRECT PERFECT FROM START TO FINISH
    Review:After going through so many different transport companies that all gave me false information and lead me on, I fell upon ship a car direct. Matts customer service was excellent, fast, and he always answered all of my questions. The price was fair and... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for the amazing recommendation, Nihad! Happy to keep it easy for you! [ view ]
    Poster:Nihad Katbeh
    Date:4/14/2015 6:50:00 PM
    Subject: Car delivered with less than 12 hours notice on Easter Sunday
    Review:Everything went smoothly. The only thing I would like to mention is that the driver dropping off my car called me at 9pm the night before he wanted to drop the car off and gave me less than 12 hours notice that he would be dropping the car off the ne... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for your feedback, Robin! Sorry your carrier delivered too quickly! [ view ]
    Poster:Robin SchwabThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:4/14/2015 4:47:00 PM
    Subject: Very helpful and kind
    Review:I did a lot of research before choosing a company to go with, I made MANY phone calls. From the beginning I liked Ship a Car Direct. I gave them my time frame I wanted my car to be picked up and two days later they arrived to get my car. The driver w... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for the five star feedback, Wes! So happy to be helpful! [ view ]
    Poster:Wes
    Date:4/14/2015 4:37:00 PM
    Subject: Car Transport: Great Experience
    Review:The whole process was seamless and stress free. Dale responded promptly to all my questions and Tomas, the driver, was very nice and efficient. Our car arrived in the same condition it was in at the time of pickup and we were able to transport item... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks so much for the amazing feedback, Diane! (It should be noted that not all carriers can accommodate extra goods, so future shippers should check with their representative.) [ view ]
    Poster:DianeThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:4/14/2015 3:39:00 PM
    Subject: Good Service
    Review:Tom did a good job dealing with me as a customer. I think the one thing that took a while to get across though was just how short notice the shippers schedule a move. I was moving across country and had a very small window to have the cars shipped so... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for your feedback Brandon. That's a really good point for first-time shippers - there are no preset schedules or set routes to "lock down" weeks in advance. Routes and timing varyfrom week to week depending on the business available. Carriers really are confirmed within a day or two of pick-up, sometimes the same day. [ view ]
    Poster:Brandon S
    Date:4/14/2015 3:14:00 PM
    Subject: Seattle to Boston Honda
    Review:Tom was great and reassured me about what to expect, and Sam the driver contacted me as planned and delivered my car unblemished as expected. The cost was right in line with the other companies and the overall service was excellent. Thank you Tom and... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the great review! Happy to keep it safe and affordable! [ view ]
    Poster:Oen Kennedy
    Date:4/14/2015 1:51:00 PM
    Subject: 10/10 - would use again
    Review:My experience with Shipacardirect was excellent from tip to tail. Their website, from which I decided to use their services, was well-designed and full of helpful information. My contact person, Tom, made himself easily available via e-mail and pho... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the perfect 10, Sam! Glad the website was helpful and that you felt well-informed throughout! [ view ]
    Poster:Sam
    Date:4/14/2015 11:51:00 AM
    Subject: Great experience with Ship a Car Direct
    Review:This was my first time shipping a car between states, so I did some research before doing so. Ship a Car Direct had solid reviews and insurance so decided to give them a shot. I was shipping from Dallas to San Francisco and both pickup and delivery w... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the five star feedback, Brian! Glad your first time was a great one! [ view ]
    Poster:BrianThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:4/14/2015 5:35:00 AM
    Subject: Rendezvous with a Rendezvous
    Review:Ship A Car Direct, Matt, helped arrange with AAS Truckiing to haul a super clean, low miles 2004 Buick Rendezvous I found here in Las Vegas for my sister back in Illinois. Not a particularly special vehicle, but the driver, Ernest, was very conscient... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for the amazing review - and the repeat business! Always happy to take good care of your transports! [ view ]
    Poster:K. BrownThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:4/14/2015 4:00:00 AM
    Subject: Great transport experience
    Review:From my first contact with Ship a Car Direct, they were excellent. Tom was in touch with me constantly by phone or e-mail and walked me through every step of the process. My car was picked up on the day I requested and delivered on the estimated deli... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the great review, Ann! Happy to be with you every step of the way! [ view ]
    Poster:Ann
    Date:4/14/2015 12:07:00 AM
    Subject: Poor carrier
    Review:The carrier truck broke down and communication around the issue was terrible. I realize problems occur, but I was given flase information and spent a few days worrying about where my car was and if it was safe and going to make it. Emily certainly he... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for your feedback Alex. Sorry there was a mechanical delay and there weren't quick answers for you about when the truck would be back on the road. Glad your vehicle was delivered safe in the end! [ view ]
    Poster:Alex WithersThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:4/13/2015 10:30:00 PM
    Subject: Wonderful experience!
    Review:The transport of car was fast and safe. All customer services were professional and efficient. And the cost is quite reasonable! [ View ]
    Response:Thanks for the wonderful review! Glad it was fast and safe for you! [ view ]
    Poster:Y Wang
    Date:4/13/2015 10:01:00 PM
    Subject: Ship a Car Direct Review
    Review:I bought a Car and wanted it picked up on April 3rd. Not only did Matt with Ship a Car Direct keep me adequately informed on the process but the Driver/Transporter called me to arrange delivery time. Both Matt and the Driver were very professional ... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for the amazing review, DJ! Glad the videos were helpful too! [ view ]
    Poster:DJ ALlen
    Date:4/13/2015 9:13:00 PM
    Subject: Ship a car direct dc to tx
    Review:Overall, I had a positive experience with ship a car direct, I was originally signed a different agent but once I was aligned with Matt my entire process was smooth from start to finish. Matt was responsive to my questions and advised me in a turn ar... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the positive review! Glad to hear Matt was a good fit for you! [ view ]
    Poster:CK
    Date:4/13/2015 5:53:00 PM
    Subject: Great customer service and fast shipment!
    Review:It was a pleasure working with both Matt from Ship a Car Direct and Richard from Edwards Family Transport, Inc. We were new to the process and they both took time to explain the logistics of the shipment of our car and answered any questions we had. ... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for the amazing review, Masha! Always happy to explain the process for first-time shippers! [ view ]
    Poster:Masha
    Date:4/13/2015 5:41:00 PM

Next Reviews on Ship a Car Direct

Ship a Car Direct Home | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74