View 165,364 Reviews on 3,758 Auto Transport Companies. Recently Ship A Vehicle? Add the 165,365th Review now!

View Ship a Car Direct's New Profile

Ship a Car Direct
866-221-1664 - Los Angeles, CA 91602
Phone Number:866-221-1664 No Deposit Up Front
Secondary Phone Number:818-824-8100
Website:http://www.shipacardirect.com/car-shipping-rates.php
Time On Site:7 Years, 5 Months. Since 2/21/2008
Other Names:
(using or used this MC number)
Honesty First Auto Transport Inc. | Safe-Direct Car Shipping |

The #1 thing that separates us from ALL others is that we back our rigorously PRE-SCREENED carriers with $500 in FREE Gap Coverage. We're the ONLY company that offers this. (BUT it's the Peace of Mind of avoiding the carriers on our *BLACKLIST* that's the REAL Benefit). Out of 7500+ carriers available, we DO NOT USE 75% of them, because they do not meet our demanding standards... and your high expectations. It's the way we can provide you with the guarantees you desire: The industry's only "Damage Free or We Pay You" Guarantee, Door-to-Door delivery, and 100% Insurance, all with NO UPFRONT DEPOSIT required. The fact that you are here shows that you care about quality as much as we do. This is a great site and should prove extremely useful in making your decision as well as avoiding common problems. Our advice is to start by reading the bad reviews. You can learn a lot from another person's problems as well as get a feel for the company based on their response. All of our reviews are directly from real customers. Some shared their experience from the kindness of their hearts, some in return for an incentive and some because we threatened to share their freshman HS yearbook photo. (okay, 1 of those reasons isn't really true). Click the link above to visit our website and get a FREE ONLINE ESTIMATE. You only share your personal info when you're ready to move forward. We also have great USER VIDEOS, helpful FAQs and glowing Testimonials. Get a Quote today!
Have your own experience with Ship a Car Direct to share?

Ship a Car Direct reports that they have an average of 10000 customers per year. Currently, this site has 1935 reviews posted by individual customers for the past 365 days. So approximately 19.35% of Ship a Car Direct customers have posted a review.

This means that 80.65% percent of their customerís opinions are not represented on this site.
    Next Reviews on Ship a Car Direct
    Subject: Ma to fla.
    Review:1st time shipping a car, wasn't sure how it would all transpire. Great communication from Jason. Car delivered on time. Would use again. Thanks! [ View ]
    Poster:ChrisThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/4/2015 3:10:00 PM
    Subject: Good experience
    Review:Among the highest rated shippers, ship a car direct was competitively priced. They gave good customer information, as well aswere readily available at all times to take phone calls to answer questions and address concerns. Emily was very helpful. She... [ More ]
    Poster:ArpitThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/4/2015 2:33:00 PM
    Subject: Recommended Shipping Company
    Review:Very quick delivery with good guidance all along the entire shipping process. $1095 for last minute shipping from CA to MD. First company among many to respond with quote and follow up. Would definitely recommend to friends, and would use the company... [ More ]
    Poster:Ke
    Date:7/4/2015 2:49:00 AM
    Subject: Good
    Review:First time shipping a car across country, very nervous. Called around and found Ship-a car direct online. They were easy to work with and found me a great carrier, onixe express. Onixe express have a parking/holding area around philly which worked ou... [ More ]
    Poster:A Lee
    Date:7/4/2015 12:26:00 AM
    Subject: Good experience
    Review:Ship-A-Car Direct connects consumer with providers aka customers like us with truck companies. Although a person other than the agent I talked to would be taking care of my car made me feel uneasy, my over all experience was fairly good. Tom checked ... [ More ]
    Poster:Shelly HwangThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/3/2015 11:36:00 PM
    Subject: Personal Experience with shipper
    Review:Contact with the company was great, before, during and after pick up and delivery. Auto was delivered without damage and the driver was very helpful. [ View ]
    Poster:GilbertThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/3/2015 8:39:00 PM
    Subject: Fantastic service - highly recommended
    Review:Ship A Car Direct was fantastic. They were extremely professional from start to finish, patient, and willing to answer all of my questions. I highly recommend them to anyone interested in shipping their car. [ View ]
    Response:Thanks for the fantastic review, Bill! Happy to earn your high recommendation! [ view ]
    Poster:Bill
    Date:7/3/2015 6:59:00 PM
    Subject: Car made it across the country safely
    Review:I worked with Tom from Ship A Car Direct. We played a lot of phone tag in the beginning but overall I had a very good experience once we were able to get in touch. He answered all of my questions and called/emailed whenever there was an update or m... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the positive review, Alex! You are right, while enclosed carriers can protect your vehicle from rain or hail, dust can still seep through on a cross-country transport. (Although, cars in enclosed carriers arrive far less dusty than the ones that ride on an open carrier!) [ view ]
    Poster:Alex McKenna
    Date:7/3/2015 6:31:00 PM
    Subject: great company
    Review:I've read so many bad reviews on companies shipping cars, that it got me all worried which to choose best. Let me say choosing Ship a car Direct was the best thing that ever happened. Angela was very helpful, from the time I booked until the carrier... [ More ]
    Response:Glad to be the best thing that ever happened!! Thanks for the amazing review, Susan! [ view ]
    Poster:susan
    Date:7/3/2015 4:38:00 PM
    Subject: 2011 Ford Escape
    Review:This were the first time I ever shipped a Vehicle. I would recommend Ship A Car Direct as future reference . The experience was excellent My Vehicle was picked up and delivered when promised. The most important thing was every time I called the carr... [ More ]
    Response:Happy to keep your car safe and you informed! Thanks for the positive review, Robert! [ view ]
    Poster:Robert RussellThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/3/2015 1:49:00 PM
    Subject: A great experience
    Review:After going through the horrible experiences that people have shared in multiple internet forums, I was really worried whom to approach for shipping my car from Milwaukee, WI to Plano, TX. After reading through a lot of positive comments I decided to... [ More ]
    Response:Happy to be bang on! Thanks for the terrific review, Imon! [ view ]
    Poster:Imon
    Date:7/3/2015 4:28:00 AM
    Subject: Excellent experience!
    Review:I had such a positive experience from start to finish! My car had some special needs and the carrier handled it well! Tom was fantastic and kept in close contact, and the dispatch department did a great job communicating with me how to be an informed... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for your 5 star recommendation, Sheena! Great to hear you had a positive experience all the way through! [ view ]
    Poster:Sheena K
    Date:7/3/2015 3:10:00 AM
    Subject: GREAT
    Review:RELIABLE AND FRIENDLY. TOM WAS VERY HELPFUL AND TALKED ME THROUGH ALL OF MY ANXIETIES ABOUT SHIPPING A CAR AND HOW IT WORKS. I WOULD USE AGAIN. [ View ]
    Response:Thank you for your great review Mary! Happy to be helpful! [ view ]
    Poster:mary
    Date:7/2/2015 10:49:00 PM
    Subject: Fantastic Service
    Review:My experience with Stefan was the best one I could possibly have hoped for. I can rarely recount a customer service experience with any company in any field that made me feel more valued, respected, and appreciated. I have and will continue to endo... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for your fantastic review, Corbyn! Happy to treat you like a valued customer - because you are! [ view ]
    Poster:CorbynThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/2/2015 10:26:00 PM
    Subject: Good Service
    Review:Ship a car direct had great customer service. Car was picked up and delivered within the time frame given to me. Only drawback was that the driver assigned was very difficult to get a hold of - would not pick up most of my phone calls and only called... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for the positive feedback, Aimee! Glad Matt was responsive (especially when the driver wasn't available). [ view ]
    Poster:Aimee
    Date:7/2/2015 7:59:00 PM
    Subject: My experience with ship a car direct
    Review:SHIP A CAR DIRECT was very good with the customer needs. I shipped the car on wednesday night in san antonio,tx and recieved the car in east windsor,Nj on monday afteenoon. considering such a long distance the time taken was pretty decent. pros: V... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for your positive feedback, Govindaraju! Glad to have your recommendation! [ view ]
    Poster:Govindaraju Dinadayalan
    Date:7/2/2015 5:50:00 PM
    Subject: Good experience
    Review:I needed to move my car from CA to NC. Requested a quote two month ahead of the needed date. I got $950 (or something like this) estimated price but was told that it's too early and they will contact me a week or two before the pick up date. Maybe be... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for the positive feedback, Alexey! Happy to keep it quick and timely for you! [ view ]
    Poster:Alexey KazakovThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/2/2015 12:27:00 AM
    Subject: Good service
    Review:great service, cheaper than competitors and ontime. good follow up throughout the process. great service, cheaper than competitors and ontime. good follow up throughout the process. great service, cheaper than competitors and ontime. good follow up t... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the great five star review, Sally! [ view ]
    Poster:Sally
    Date:7/1/2015 11:02:00 PM
    Subject: Good service
    Review:Dave was prompt and was very knowledgeable. He answered all my questions and car was delivered flawlessly. [ View ]
    Response:Great to hear, Mike! Thanks for the flawless review! [ view ]
    Poster:MikeThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/1/2015 10:38:00 PM
    Subject: Great Experience and Service
    Review:I was apprehensive in using shipping services for my cars. We have two expensive cars and sending them cross country made us nervous. My experience was exceptional from my first call to the delivery of my cars. I was contacted that Gulf Coast Auto Se... [ More ]
    Response:Glad to exceed your expectations, Anna! Thanks for the exceptional review!! [ view ]
    Poster:Anna SThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/1/2015 6:50:00 PM
    Review:The car pick up date was delayed due to circumstances beyond anyone's control, but Tom at Ship a Car Direct arranged to have the car picked up the next day. He kept me up to date and was easy to get a hold of and always returned phone calls. Would ... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the five star review, Victoria! Happy to keep you in the loop throughout! [ view ]
    Poster:Victoria
    Date:7/1/2015 3:49:00 PM
    Subject: Great price and experience
    Review:We were moving in a pinch from OH to CA. Were entertaining crazy rates of $1,500+. Got in contact with Emily who was extremely helpful and disclosed all pieces of information and kept in contact at all times for follow ups and information. When a car... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for your positive review, Egor! Happy to keep the process transparent for you! [ view ]
    Poster:EgorThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/1/2015 7:07:00 AM
    Subject: Cross country car delivery
    Review:This is my second time using this company and again my overall experience was excellent: Great customer service and step by step guidance and support along the way, no hidden fees - the quote is what you pay, and my vehicle was delivered quickly and ... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the great review and the repeat business! You are right, cars do get dusty on during transport. [ view ]
    Poster:G JordanThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:7/1/2015 1:33:00 AM
    Subject: Vehicle Transport
    Review:This was my second time shipping a vehicle, but my first time with Ship a Car Direct. Their Website has many helpful videos and they were constantly emailing me with tips. I would definitely recommend them. [ View ]
    Response:Glad the videos were helpful! Thanks for the great recommendation! [ view ]
    Poster:437676-JX
    Date:6/30/2015 10:58:00 PM
    Subject: Great job
    Review:After months of internet research I decide to contact Ship A Car Direct. The experience was far superior than the others. Dale was timely and honest. He answered all my questions. I would recommend and use this company again. My car arrived in pe... [ More ]
    Response:Happy to keep it safe and timely! Thanks for the great review! [ view ]
    Poster:JPEThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:6/30/2015 9:36:00 PM
    Subject: Moved Car from CA to PA
    Review:Tom from Ship A Car Direct made finding a driver very easy. I felt reassured throughout the process of moving. The communication from Tom made the experience relatively simple - I would recommend it to friends thinking of doing the same. [ View ]
    Response:Great to hear it was simple for you! Thanks for the five star review, Michael! [ view ]
    Poster:Michael Rubin
    Date:6/30/2015 5:05:00 PM
    Subject: Easy as Pie
    Review:My experience with this service was fantastic. Have never utilized this type of service previously, so very cautious about selecting a reputable company. I would advise you read, read, read. Contacted this Ship a Car Direct and connected with Matt. ... [ More ]
    Response:Glad it was easy for you! Thanks for the positive review, Shirley! [ view ]
    Poster:Shirley HuThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:6/30/2015 2:25:00 PM
    Subject: shipped across country in 5 days
    Review:My experience shipping my car was great. Everyone was friendly informative and responsive to questions. The car was picked up within a couple days and delivered across country in 5 days (early). I highly recommend using Ship a car direct. The cos... [ More ]
    Response:Happy to keep you informed throughout, Ed! Thanks for the excellent recommendation! [ view ]
    Poster:Ed
    Date:6/30/2015 2:12:00 PM
    Subject: Great Service!
    Review:Emily was great, very knowledgeable, polite throughout the entire process. She answered all of my questions promptly and always returned my calls. My carrier was Elite Trucking, they picked up my car on schedule date and the driver and coordinator ... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the five star recommendation, Patricia! Happy to keep it safe and timely for you! [ view ]
    Poster:Patricia
    Date:6/30/2015 4:34:00 AM
    Subject: 2 cars from AZ to MA in 4 days
    Review:Excellent prompt service. Cars were delivered ahead of time. Driver was very polite , funny and professional. This is my second time to use Ship a car direct and both times I had a great experience and will be using their service again next month. I ... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the fantastic five star review, Hany! We're ready to move the next one whenever you are! [ view ]
    Poster:Hany TaklaThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:6/30/2015 1:59:00 AM
    Subject: Review of Ship a Car Direct
    Review:Jason was extremely knowledgable and helpful in finding a carrier for my car and negotiating a fair price. The subsequent pickup was smooth and uneventful. Based on my experience I would recommend this company. [ View ]
    Response:Happy to keep it smooth and uneventful! Thanks for your five star feedback, Meredith! [ view ]
    Poster:Meredith This reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:6/30/2015 1:23:00 AM
    Subject: GREAT EXPERIENCE w/SHIP A CAR DIRECT!
    Review:Although slightly more expensive than some other quotes, dealing with SHIP A CAR DIRECT was DEFINITELY worth every penny. This part of our cross country move offered the best value by far; I wish they could have shipped our household goods. I was t... [ More ]
    Response:Happy to treat you like the valued customer you are! Thanks for the amazing review, Ken [ view ]
    Poster:Ken Davis
    Date:6/30/2015 12:15:00 AM
    Subject: Great experience with Ship a Car Direct
    Review:I wasn't sure how this experience would play out but working with Tom at Ship a Car Direct was very smooth from start to finish. The main upside was the constant communication from Tom with well timed e-mails providing useful information and he was ... [ More ]
    Response:Happy to keep it smooth for you! Thanks for the great review, Brad! We're ready for the next one! :) [ view ]
    Poster:Brad H.This reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:6/29/2015 11:35:00 PM
    Subject: Best way to ship your car!
    Review:After days of trying to sort though car shipping company's and reading horrible reviews, I reach out to ship car direct because of all the positive feedback that I discovered. Choosing a car shipping company was stressful, until I spoke with Karen. S... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the A++++ review, Chris! Happy to keep it straight forward for you! [ view ]
    Poster:Chris Murphy
    Date:6/29/2015 10:36:00 PM
    Review:Jason was awesome during the whole process. My car was picked up on time and actually arrived a day earlier which was surprising. I was very nervous to begin with because it was my first time shipping my car but Jason made everything really easy. [ View ]
    Response:Thanks for the awesome review, Myan! Glad to keep it easy for you! [ view ]
    Poster:Myan NguyenThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:6/29/2015 10:19:00 PM
    Subject: Great and fast service
    Review:I shopped around and read great reviews about this company and the fact that the price you see is what you pay on delivery is just amazing. The driver was polite, I was kept informed throughout via txt message and yes I definitely recommend Ship a Ca... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for your positive feedback! Glad to keep it simple and easy for you! [ view ]
    Poster:OMFThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:6/29/2015 7:43:00 PM
    Subject: Stressful but successful
    Review:David was good to work with and seemed as interested as possible in finding me a carrier. The prices all seem very arbitrary in the beginning until you realize that you are simply paying a set rate for the broker and whatever it takes to get the carr... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for your feedback, Josh. Sorry that the process was not more clear to you in advance. [ view ]
    Poster:JoshThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:6/29/2015 7:06:00 PM
    Subject: 1971 Barracuda
    Review:I used Ship A Car Direct to ship my fully restored 1971 Plymouth Barracuda. I located this company from a Google search, and was given a quote by David. I was shipping the vehicle to my son in New Mexico from south Florida. David was never pushy in ... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for your informative review! Glad it was a positive experience for you! [ view ]
    Poster:437973-RSThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:6/29/2015 5:30:00 PM
    Subject: 1971 Barracuda
    Date:6/29/2015 5:29:00 PM
    Subject: Definitely recommend Ship A Car
    Review:I was very happy with my Ship A Car Direct experience. They helped coordinate delivery to DC, where I was only a few days a week, and made sure the car arrived from the third-party carrier with the promised dates, even when it looked like the third-p... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you for your positive feedback, Brad! We're happy to hear that you are happy! [ view ]
    Poster:BradThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:6/29/2015 4:24:00 PM
    Subject: Transportation
    Review:Pick up is on time. Will use this company again! The driver is very nice and keeps in touch with me all the time to update the pick up time and delivery time before he arrived. Good experience. My car is taken good care of. [ View ]
    Response:Great to hear it was a good experience, Meng! Thanks for the positive feedback! [ view ]
    Poster:Meng LuThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:6/29/2015 3:29:00 PM
    Subject: Extremely satisfied with ship-a-car direct.
    Review:I had a very tight schedule and only had one specific day for pick and only a couple of days for delivery. Angela from ship-a-car direct assured me that they can do it and at a very good price! Her friendly demeanor gained my trust, the companies del... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks for the amazing feedback, Kamran! Happy to keep it quick and timely for you! [ view ]
    Poster:Kamran
    Date:6/29/2015 2:38:00 PM
    Subject: Toyota Camry Transport from PA to TX
    Review:The vehicle was picked up on time by the shipper and meticulously secured to the trailer after the shipper obtained videos of the vehicle. The shipper also called from the road saying he was on his way. In less than two days (46 Hrs) the car was deli... [ More ]
    Response:Glad to hear we stood up to our reviews and that this was a great experience for you and your wife! Thanks for the five star feedback, Avijit! [ view ]
    Poster:Avijit Mookerjee
    Date:6/29/2015 1:57:00 PM
    Subject: Easy to deal with
    Review:They were easy to work with, despite the fact that we weren't going to be there for either the pick up or the delivery. They worked around that and made the entire process easy. [ View ]
    Response:Happy to keep it easy for you, Mike! Thanks for the feedback! [ view ]
    Poster:Mike Shea
    Date:6/29/2015 1:55:00 AM
    Subject: Good Experience
    Review:Overall Ship A Car Direct dealt with figuring out the carrier and cost. I interacted with the carrier in terms of pick up and drop off. Ship A Car Direct checked in with me multiple times throughout the process making sure everything was going well a... [ More ]
    Response:Glad you liked the tips, happy to keep you informed! Thanks for your feedback, Akhil! [ view ]
    Poster:AkhilThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:6/29/2015 12:32:00 AM
    Subject: Great service!
    Review:Great service- I was hesitant to get my car delivered as it's a confusing process and not very transparent but Ship A car Direct had good reviews and I would have to agree! They were upfront about the price, logistics etc and when I had to change a c... [ More ]
    Response:Happy to be upfront about the process, Vik! Thanks for your positive review! [ view ]
    Poster:Vik JoshiThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:6/28/2015 7:58:00 PM
    Subject: Reliable and courteous
    Review:I contacted Ship A Car Direct a few weeks before the expected transport day. I spoke to Kay and was given thorough instruction and information on when and what to do to ensure a safe and best price for the transport of my vehicle. Kay communicated ve... [ More ]
    Response:Happy to deliver safe and sound! Thanks for your five star feedback! [ view ]
    Poster:Q Tu
    Date:6/28/2015 2:55:00 PM
    Subject: I would recommend to a friend
    Review:Overall, I had a great experience. My car was picked up a day earlier than expected and delivered on time. Customer service was also top-notch. I would definitely use them again. [ View ]
    Response:Glad it was great overall! Thanks, Amanda! [ view ]
    Poster:Amanda
    Date:6/28/2015 4:07:00 AM
    Subject: Car shipping
    Review:No issues. Delivery was 1 day later than what I was expecting. After driver picked up the vehicle , did not have much from the company but the driver was very helpful when I contacted him. Would use this company again if needed. Overall satisfied. [ View ]
    Response:Happy to hear you are satisfied overall! Thanks for your feedback! [ view ]
    Poster:NRThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:6/27/2015 11:31:00 PM
    Subject: Great Company
    Review:My car was shipped on time with no damage! Everyone was a great help, especially Karen! Thank you so much [ View ]
    Response:Happy to be helpful, Mark! Thanks for the great review! [ view ]
    Poster:MarkThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:6/27/2015 7:52:00 PM

Next Reviews on Ship a Car Direct

Ship a Car Direct Home | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78