View 159,552 Reviews on 3,678 Auto Transport Companies. Recently Ship A Vehicle? Add the 159,553th Review now!

View Philam Transport's New Profile

Philam Transport
Rochester/Studio city,CA, NY 14621
Phone Number:800-991-6567
Secondary Phone Number:818-826-3216
Website:http://www.philamtransport.com
Time On Site:5 Years, 0 Months. Since 3/19/2010

We are a family owned business that takes care of our customers as if we are shipping our own vehicles. We are an honest, reliable and trustworthy organization. Whether you choose our company or not, we would be happy to give you advice as to what to look for when selecting a vehicle carrier. We specialize in cars, but also ship heavy equipment, RV's, and boats as well. Besides the USA, we also ship to Asia, Canada and Europe. We speak English, Spanish, Chinese and Tagaolg (Filipino).
Have your own experience with Philam Transport to share?

• Next Reviews on Philam Transport
    Subject: Phil Am Trucking
    Review:This is the second time I have used PhilAm . I have worked both times with Gilbert and he has always been helpful and ethical in how he does business. He helped guide me through getting the best rate and his follow up has been very timely. I will alw... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you Chuck and call us anytime at 818-826-3216 Gilbert. [ view ]
    Poster:Chuck Lee
    Date:3/26/2015 1:42:00 PM
    Subject: shipping
    Review:I have used this company many times in the past will continue to use them because of their values and the knowledge of the shipping business. my vehicles have always showed up on time and undamaged very good business. [ View ]
    Response:Thank you Scott for your kind review.call us anytime at 818-826-3216 Gilbert [ view ]
    Poster:Scott kerfeld
    Date:3/24/2015 5:47:00 PM
    Subject: Wonderful Service
    Review:I have used Gilbert and his company many times and never had a problem!! Actually someone that cares about their customers. Will do business with again!! Thanks [ View ]
    Response:Thank you Dennis and call us anytime for your next shipment at 818-826-3216 Gilbert. [ view ]
    Poster:Dennis Lasseter
    Date:3/20/2015 8:28:00 PM
    Subject: Philam Transport
    Review:Awesome customer service! Philam tracked shipment from start shipment from start to finish. They also updated me on the movement of the shipment daily throughout the process and readily accessible. I will definitely use them again. [ View ]
    Poster:Ronnel NormanThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:3/19/2015 10:57:00 PM
    Review:Gilbert was exceptional. I originally decided to go with another company, but after selecting them they called back a day later and wanted to increase the cost of the transfer. Called Gilbert and he obtained a transporter for me and the price sta... [ More ]
    Poster:Dave Shelton
    Date:3/17/2015 7:07:00 AM
    Subject: Great communication and service!
    Review:I've never met anyone who works harder than Gilbert! He did a great job explaining the process, showed me the listings and kept me updated constantly. He was very honest about what the driver gets paid and what he gets paid. I am planning on using hi... [ More ]
    Poster:Tim
    Date:3/17/2015 3:40:00 AM
    Subject: 1977 Ford F250
    Review:I looked several company's and did a ton of research before hiring Gilbert owner of Philam Transport. You are dealing with broker's and not the company directly 98% of the time. Gilbert was nothing but a pleasure to deal with. He was knowledgable and... [ More ]
    Poster:PJ Gallagher
    Date:3/15/2015 4:22:00 AM
    Subject: Great service!
    Review:Gilbert was wonderful to work with. He explained the entire process as I've never shipped a vehicle before and didn't know what to expect. He was also great about returning calls in a timely manner. Shortly after he found a driver, he contacted m... [ More ]
    Poster:MB
    Date:3/11/2015 5:37:00 PM
    Subject: truck
    Review:the price was right, they did every thing they said they would , pick-up was a little longer than we thought, but still in are window, same with drop off. very happy with service. I would use them again if the need occurs again. Contract with broker ... [ More ]
    Poster:joseph bamber
    Date:3/11/2015 1:10:00 PM
    Subject: philam transport educated me
    Review:great service-gilbert educated me as to how the industry works.he was courteous ,friendly, and was very responsive. [ View ]
    Response:Thank you Lawson and call us anytime for your next shipment 818-826-3216 Gilbert. [ view ]
    Poster:lawson ballard
    Date:3/9/2015 2:21:00 PM
    Review:Do your own homework, request a reasonable rate, and then call these folks! Persistence and Honesty is what I got. Great rate if you are patient and plan ahead. [ View ]
    Poster:David T
    Date:3/7/2015 2:23:00 PM
    Subject: Cost & Fees & Satifaction
    Review:I buy old cars and trucks all over the US. I usually drive and get them myself, but I have used PHILAM Transport on three different occasions due to weather and just way to far for me to drive. I have tried to use other auto transporters and got the... [ More ]
    Poster:VintageCars
    Date:3/7/2015 12:04:00 PM
    Subject: My great experience.
    Review:Vehicle was delivered in excellent condition, clean, and on time to my door. Communication was good. Would use again in a heart beat. [ View ]
    Response:Thank you Bob for your kind words.Call us anytime at 818-826-3216 Gilbert [ view ]
    Poster:Bob P.
    Date:3/7/2015
    Subject: Great service - really experienced
    Review:Gilbert was awesome. Helped me understand the industry as well as help me with the process from start to end. Highly recommended - definitely worth using Philam transport! [ View ]
    Response:Thank you Akshay and enjoy that brand new car.Call us anytime at 818-826-3216 Gilbert [ view ]
    Poster:Akshay A
    Date:3/6/2015 10:42:00 PM
    Subject: WOW!!!
    Review:I've never had to ship a car before & was very worried about picking one due to all the horror stories I've heard. Gilbert of PHILAM TRANSPORT was very knowledgeable about the shipping industry and I felt I was just talking to a good friend.The d... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you James and call me anytime for the Escalade that your shipping next week.Call us anytime at 818-826-3216 Gilbert [ view ]
    Poster:JAMES
    Date:3/6/2015 9:46:00 PM
    Subject: Excellent service
    Review:I had a great experience with the corporation from beginning to end they met and exceeded my expectations. Only negative thing was that my car was dirt. [ View ]
    Response:Thank you Dennis for your review but quick note.We didn't pay you for the review.Call us anytime at 818-826-3216 Gilbert [ view ]
    Poster:Dennis Osoy This reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:3/6/2015 7:51:00 PM
    Subject: Great service as always!
    Review:Gilbert at Philam Trucking always provides my company & clients with excellent service, and we will continue to use his services. Great experience every shipment. [ View ]
    Response:Thank you Shaun for your review but quick note.We didnt pay you for the review.Thanks again and call us anytime at 818-826-3216 Gilbert. [ view ]
    Poster:Rocky Roads LLCThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:3/6/2015 4:53:00 AM
    Subject: Great company!
    Review:Gilbert gave me a decent quote and was quick to find someone to ship my car while other companies were calling me to say that he lowballed the offer and that the car would never get moved. Would definitely use again! [ View ]
    Response:Honesty is the best policy. Call us anytime at 818-826-3216 Gilbert [ view ]
    Poster:Hugo
    Date:3/5/2015 7:20:00 PM
    Subject: Auto Delivery
    Review:I was impressed with the follow up and delivery time. This service exceeded my expectations!! My contact person was thorough and the driver was friendly and professional. [ View ]
    Response:Hi David and thank you for your kind words.Call us anytime at 818-826-3216 Gilbert [ view ]
    Poster:David OCallaghan
    Date:3/5/2015 6:48:00 PM
    Subject: Excellent Shipping Experience!
    Review:i called Philam Transport off of a referral from a friend. I called and spoke to a gentleman name Gilbert. He was very polite and professional. He was concise and courteous in the way he explained the process to me. He quoted me an unbeatable price w... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you Bill and enjoy your new Bentley.Call us anytime at 818-826-3216 Gilbert [ view ]
    Poster:Bill
    Date:3/5/2015 5:56:00 PM
    Subject: two vehicles transported from AZ to WI
    Review:Gilbert is the MAN !!! Very professional. No surprises, just a good and honest transaction and moving across the country experience. Both vehicles picked up and delivered on time from sunny Arizona to the snow and freezing outback of Wisconsin. N... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you Clarence for your kind words.Call us anytime at 818-826-3216 Gilbert [ view ]
    Poster:Clarence
    Date:3/4/2015 11:59:00 PM
    Subject: Excellent Service on Shipping Vehicles
    Review:Like most consumers I was skeptible when I posted my name and email on line that I wanted to ship my son vehicle from Colorado to Virginia. My son purchased a new vehicle so it was imperitve that I picked the right carrier. From the time I posted m... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you Carl and send my regards to your family. Call us anytime at 818-826-3216 Gilbert [ view ]
    Poster:Carl P
    Date:3/4/2015 11:49:00 PM
    Subject: Gilbert was honest
    Review:Gilbert was honest and transparent and came through with his promise. He return all my calls and kept me update about everything. [ View ]
    Response:Thank you Kawsar and call us anytime for your next shipment.Gilbert 818-826-3216 [ view ]
    Poster:Kawsar Ali
    Date:3/4/2015 9:32:00 PM
    Subject: great job
    Review:Everything went great. I was shocked just how smoothly everything went ! From Philamtransport to actual driver, everyone did whatever they could to help...including the driver taking my car off transport and bringing it to me, when he was unable to g... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you Robert for your kind words.Call us anytime at 818-826-3216 Gilbert [ view ]
    Poster:Robert H.
    Date:3/4/2015 8:59:00 PM
    Subject: Fiat 500l
    Review:Gilbert was great to work with. He understood my needs and fulfilled them. The driver was on point too. Contacted me 2 days before, the day before and 2 hrs before drop off to keep me updated on his status. A+ [ View ]
    Poster:Gennaro Scarpelli
    Date:3/4/2015 8:31:00 PM
    Subject: Highly recommend!!!
    Review:I highly recommend using this company!!! This is the 8th vehicle I have had shipped over the last few years, everytime I used a different company because none of them have ever delivered the vehicle on time, or picked it up on time. Gilbert... [ More ]
    Poster:Jim
    Date:3/4/2015 8:02:00 PM
    Subject: Quick Fast & Efficient
    Review:Yes !! The three words Sum it up ... Gilbert was quick, fast & efficient. The original Broker (iMovers) whom i had contracted with, did not turn up for pick up as decided and asked for additional apprx. $200 to be picked up 2-3 days later, which... [ More ]
    Poster:Sagar
    Date:2/18/2015 5:46:00 PM
    Subject: vehicle transport
    Review:from start to finish (first phone call to delivery) the truck was picked up and delivered in just over 24 hours! I was amazed. The driver was friendly and professional; there were follow up phone calls to keep me updated. I would absolutely recomme... [ More ]
    Poster:David OCallaghan
    Date:2/14/2015 3:45:00 AM
    Subject: Customer service
    Review:Gilbert is the best. I have moved about 5 vehicles with him so far and look to do more business with him in the future keep up the great work Gilbert!! [ View ]
    Poster:S kerfeld
    Date:1/28/2015 5:01:00 PM
    Subject: Customer experience
    Review:Gilbert was very helpful and knowledgeable about the entire transport process. I went with him because he was recommended by another customer and I would not hesitate to use him again. Total cost was $775.00 and his service and the transporters timel... [ More ]
    Poster:Jerry Poteet
    Date:1/28/2015 2:29:00 PM
    Subject: Highly Recommended
    Review:Thanks very much for your assistance Gilbert and for the second time in less than 6 months.You are really the man. The car was delivered, intact and with no damage, on Saturday evening at the location that was best for my son. Everything worked exact... [ More ]
    Poster:Sean Peterson
    Date:1/6/2015 7:07:00 PM
    Subject: Happy With Your Service
    Poster:patrick
    Date:1/5/2015 11:34:00 PM
    Subject: Nightmare!
    Review:Gilbert was the first person to contact me once I put my information out there about having our car transported. He was up front about how the process works and told me who would be calling and how they would all lie to me. Turns out Gilbert is the... [ More ]
    Response:Wow Kara and I am really surprised with your review but next time HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY.Yes and Thank you for your concerns MY Dad PASSED AWAY..but you as customer really don't even care about that. Going back to your what you are complaining about..Your shipment is from CA to EL PASO and you don't what to pay so we decided to shipped it to Dalls where you could meet the driver.I found you a carrier and when he shows up at your location you filled up your vehicle up to the window.lastly when the drivers was about to deliver the car to you.He texted you first thing in the morning and you never called him back so during that time..the driver was calling me at my dad's FUNERAL.you told him to wait there at 5 or 6pm even though he told you a that he will be there by 12 in the afternoon.Sorry that you feel that way as a consumer.The driver is not only delivering your vehicle and Thank you very much for your comment I CAN SLEEP at night because I had a death in the family and I wish you the best. [ view ]
    Poster:Kara Seibert
    Date:1/5/2015 5:36:00 PM
    Subject: ship car cross country
    Review:very easy and professional first time I used a car hauler broker. Went very well, and My worry was quickly addressed. [ View ]
    Response:Thank you Patrick for your kind words.Call us anytime at 818-826-3216 Gilbert [ view ]
    Poster:Patrick
    Date:12/13/2014 1:45:00 PM
    Subject: Auto pickup
    Review:This was the 3rd and 4th car transport that I booked through PhilamTransport, and they again provided an exceptional service. I did have a major issue with the auto carrier not picking up my car when scheduled due to an issue with their transport tru... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you Gerard for your kind words.Call us anytime at 818-826-3216 Gilbert [ view ]
    Poster:Gerard
    Date:12/10/2014 1:15:00 PM
    Subject: Service provided
    Review:Philam did a very good job. Many transporters I contacted wouldn't even go to Long Island, said tolls and traffic were too tough to deal with. Philam found a very qualified carrier who would both go to L.I. and do the long haul in a reasonable amou... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you Bob and always keep us in mind for your next shipment.Call us anytime at 818-826-3216 Gilbert [ view ]
    Poster:Bob P.
    Date:12/9/2014 1:54:00 PM
    Subject: Job very well done
    Review:This was my very first auto transport experience and Gilbert was kind enough to explain me how this industry works. I was duped by another broker who didn't pick up my car at the last moment and also jacked up the price by 200 bucks. Gilbert explaine... [ More ]
    Poster:Jasbinder
    Date:12/8/2014 10:05:00 PM
    Subject: Best Service
    Review:I had a 1979 Pontiac Trans Am shipped with Philam Auto Transport, overall excellent service. The transport truck was there the day I needed it to be and it arrived earlier than expected at my destination. Will use them in any auto shipping needs I ha... [ More ]
    Poster:Ethan
    Date:11/27/2014 7:17:00 PM
    Subject: Great Job By Philam Transport
    Review:I have used Gilbert with Philam Transport for several years and have been very satisfied with the service I have received from Gilbert. I am in the Buy Here-Pay Here Automobile business and have cars end up in various states. For years we flew someo... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you Larry and appreciate your business all the time.Call us anytime at 818-826-3216 Gilbert [ view ]
    Poster:LARRY PHILLIPS
    Date:11/20/2014 1:43:00 PM
    Subject: Gilbert should be everyone's guy
    Review:I've had 4 vehicles transported over the years. This was by far and away my best experience. In the past, the brokers would simply put my order on the board and passively let a truck find it. Gilbert of Philam actually actively calls contacts b... [ More ]
    Response:Thanks Eric and the next time you need any shipment you know who tocall.818-286-3216 Gilbert [ view ]
    Poster:Eric C.
    Date:11/19/2014 1:47:00 AM
    Subject: Review of Gilbert
    Review:He is great and stands out as an example of great customer service. I am a frequent user of many different transportation companies and he is upfront dependable and honest. [ View ]
    Response:Thank you Gary and hopefully I could meet you there at your location in IL.Call us anytime at 818-826-3216 Gilbert [ view ]
    Poster:Gary Grossinger
    Date:11/18/2014 10:10:00 PM
    Subject: My experience with Philam transport
    Review:I usually do not write reviews but I had to make an exception and post this review. I was looking for a company to transport my car from Texas to Georgia. After reading so many reviews about different companies out there I got sacred. I was going to ... [ More ]
    Response:Thank you very much Claudine for your kind words.Call us anytime at 818-826-3216 Gilbert [ view ]
    Poster:Claudine
    Date:11/18/2014 4:51:00 PM
    Subject: Did exactly what he promised
    Review:I was very pleased with Gilbert's work. He did EXACTLY what he promised and it all went well. Driver was professional and came in as promised. Car arrived fast and my staff were pleased. [ View ]
    Response:Thank you Dean for your kind words.Call us anytime at 818-826-3216 Gilbert [ view ]
    Poster:Dean Hughson
    Date:11/18/2014 4:00:00 PM
    Subject: transport
    Review:**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************... [ More ]
    Poster:Tom BeachnerThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:11/18/2014 10:59:00 AM
    Subject: Vehicle Transportation
    Review:The service is quick and reasonable , i refer Philam Transportation to my friends and family who are needy. Thanks for your service i appreciate your work and dedicaton. [ View ]
    Poster:Rakesh MittapallyThis reviewer reports they were or plan to compensated for posting this review.
    Date:11/5/2014 2:31:00 PM
    Subject: excellent service
    Review:great honest service.Gilbert was very educational as to how the process works!the item was picked up on time and delivered within 5 minutes of the promised time.I would use Philam again! [ View ]
    Poster:s ballard
    Date:10/28/2014 10:14:00 AM
    Review: This was the second time I was using PHILAM to ship my car. They are great at what they do – never had any problems of any sort during the shipments. The transport is always fast and reliable. They have answered all my questions whenever I... [ More ]
    Poster:Tanner Witt
    Date:10/23/2014 9:06:00 PM
    Subject: Reviews
    Review: Gilbert was extremely professional, called me the day before and scheduled a time for the next day. Well, the car wasn't ready, but instead of him getting mad he kindly asked me where in the area he could park his truck while he waited pa... [ More ]
    Poster:Ronny
    Date:10/23/2014 5:33:00 PM
    Subject: Philam Transport Review
    Review:It's surprising with the number of vehicles PHILAM TRANSPORT coordinates with daily that Gilbert in the office provides such a personal hands on approach, as if you were the only customer all day. Definitely will repeat. [ View ]
    Poster:Sherry
    Date:10/23/2014 4:31:00 PM
    Subject: First time shipper
    Review:I was bombarded with so many phone calls and I have been waiting for almost 3 weeks to get my car picked up and Gilbert called me and explained all the in and out of the business.My vehicle was picked up the same day but was delayed which I undertan ... [ More ]
    Poster:Jake