View 169,639 Reviews on 3,825 Auto Transport Companies. Recently Ship A Vehicle? Add the 169,640th Review now!

View Dependable Auto Shippers's New Profile

Common CarrierActive
Contract CarrierActive
BrokerNone
Carrier

DAS (Dependable Auto Shippers) has enjoyed over 60 years as the industry leader in vehicle relocation. In the last 5 years alone DAS has shipped over 446,000 vehicles. Our national network of terminals provides consumers the added convenience as well as, economic rates with the dropping off and/or picking up their vehicles. We also provide a true door-to-door service where we will arrive at your doorstep with a flatbed truck versus having to meet us at a remote parking area. We can also provide you with a Guaranteed pickup date, if time is of the essence. DAS has enjoyed a long-term relationship as a preferred carrier with all of the leading third-party relocation & moving and storage companies. These relationships have helped DAS become a top quality vehicle relocation provider with the highest level of service. Our focus is on you and the on-time, damage-free delivery of your vehicle - every time.
Have your own experience with Dependable Auto Shippers to share?

Dependable Auto Shippers reports that they have an average of 115000 customers per year. Currently, this site has 28 reviews posted by individual customers for the past 365 days. So approximately 0.02% of Dependable Auto Shippers customers have posted a review.

This means that 99.98% percent of their customerís opinions are not represented on this site.
    Next Reviews on Dependable Auto Shippers
    Subject: DAS
    Review:We dropped off our car at the DAS terminal in Virginia on June 3. Our car finally arrived in Oregon on July 2. So it took DAS 29 days to ship the car for a fee of $1720. The car was incredibly dirty and the tires were partially flattened because... [ More ]
    Poster:Cary H
    Date:9/2/2015 10:45:00 PM
    Subject: No customer service
    Review:21 days to get my truck back. Seven days past ETA date, had to rent a car $384.00. Response from DAS was I should of spent to to get my truck on time. If you want to pay a high price and get poor service then DAS is great. If you don't want to feel... [ More ]
    Poster:William Cody
    Date:9/2/2015 12:15:00 AM
    Subject: Poor service
    Review:Had to pay for rental car due to failure to deliver on time. $386.00, I drove the trip in a rental truck towing a trailer in five days. No one has called me to explain their delay issue. They took the money and forgot about me and my truck. DAS was o... [ More ]
    Poster:William Cody
    Date:8/30/2015 1:29:00 AM
    Subject: Car transport from AZ to NY
    Review:Quick. Efficient. No hassles. Great service. Car arrived in same good condition. I recommend DAS. They were prompt in picking up and delivering the vehicle, and I have no complaints. [ View ]
    Poster:John J Flanagan
    Date:8/5/2015 4:38:00 PM
    Subject: Damaged car was delivered and not settling the claims
    Review:I wouldn't suggest this carrier. After huge delays my car was delivered with damages. They finally agreed to pay only 50% of the quotation from repair shop but not settling the amount inspite of daily follow-ups and calls. [ View ]
    Poster:Nagaraju
    Date:7/21/2015 9:24:00 PM
    Subject: Excellent experience
    Review:I got door to door service, from Oregon to New York. The pickup was on time, as was the delivery. My car was in excellent shape (I chose the open carrier with my car on top) it did not even need to be washed! Everyone I dealt with was professional an... [ More ]
    Poster:Elizabeth
    Date:7/17/2015 12:34:00 AM
    Subject: Returning Customer
    Review:I have used DAS twice to transport a vehicle cross country with no issues. Service was prompt and courteous. I have also recommended this carrier to others and would use it again. [ View ]
    Poster:iaarmstri
    Date:7/16/2015 4:40:00 PM
    Subject: POOR SERVICE
    Review:paid premium rate for so called "premium service", received poorest service available. car sat in fla for 13 days prior to pickup although their salesman told me they pickup every nite. would never consider them again, better off using br... [ More ]
    Response:The move was booked with an ETA of 14 days and was delivered in 16. DAS offers a Guaranteed transit as well as Expedited services and even a 7 day no fail if your move is date sensitive. We do apologize for the delay. [ view ]
    Poster:JOHN ANDREJCO
    Date:7/7/2015 7:17:00 PM
    Subject: STOLEN MY GPS
    Review:DAS DRIVER R VERY CHEAP AND NO HONEST ........THEY STOLE MY GARMIN 3597 HD GARMIN GPS ( 500$) AND STOLEN MY USB FLASH DRIVE FROM MY CAR ....THTS NOT GOOD FOR BUSINESS IN FUTURE , N HOPE THEY WILL SEE MY REVIEW . I M NOT LOOKING FOR $ BUT I HAVE TO M... [ More ]
    Response:I do sincerely apologize and have informed our dispatchers to look into this. Unfortunately, we do request that all personal items be removed prior to shipping, as we do not reimburse or cover personal items if they do not arrive at the destination. If we receive any information regarding your GPS, we will be sure to advise. I again apologize for this inconvenience. Regards, [ view ]
    Poster:PURVA
    Date:6/28/2015 3:17:00 PM
    Subject: Dependable Auto Shippers
    Review:I picked DAS to ship my eBay purchased Jeep CJ7 from California to NY based on their favorable pickup window. I called around to different companies and DAS was pretty much the only one who said "yes we can pick up on Friday or Saturday your cho... [ More ]
    Poster:Bill
    Date:4/23/2015 6:25:00 PM
    Subject: NOT SO DEPENDABLE
    Review:Picked up my car from the dealer 3/11/15 and took it to the shipping terminal and as of today (3/20/15) my car is still sitting in Torrence California, 8 days later and nothing but excuses. Completely horrible service and unheard of practices in toda... [ More ]
    Poster:Gary Duncan
    Date:3/20/2015 4:17:00 PM
    Subject: Prompt and problem-free
    Review:Overall, a positive experience, above my expectations. I used DAS’ carrier service, with open transport and top loading. The entire process went smoothly, and my vehicle arrived 3 days ahead of schedule, even though it was close to the winter h... [ More ]
    Poster:Alex K
    Date:1/31/2015 11:32:00 AM
    Subject: Horrible Customer Experience-Do Not Use
    Review:My car delivery took 21 days, and was delivered 12 days past the estimated date. I can appreciate being a few days late from an estimated date...but 12 days, and no offer for compensation to cover the additional $500 of rental car expense I incurred... [ More ]
    Poster:k smith
    Date:1/21/2015 10:03:00 AM
    Subject: Damaged Car and they are not paying
    Review:Despite a small $2,500 check being cleared for payment from damage to our car ( the brake line above our car was leaking on our car, eating the paint all the way from Oregon to MA ) . Our car sits in the driveway, rusting since September since this ... [ More ]
    Poster:Andrew G.
    Date:1/20/2015 9:03:00 PM
    Subject: 3rd time using DAS
    Review:Pick up was a early. The vehicle camped out for about a week at the origin terminal waiting to be assigned to a trailer. Transit was a bit slow, and delivered 10 days late. HOWEVER, pick up and transit was during the holidays(December-January), and... [ More ]
    Poster:Kris
    Date:1/19/2015 3:35:00 PM
    Subject: DISHONEST/BAD COMPANY
    Review:Used this company as it was referred from someone we know. He heard of this company but never used it before. After 10 days past the ETA date, which was 18 days quote, we called and called and called. Always gave us the run around from we have to ... [ More ]
    Poster:Charlie
    Date:1/5/2015 9:08:00 PM
    Subject: Avoid DAS at all cost!!!
    Review:This was the 2nd time I *had* to use DAS just because it's contracted with my company, I had no choice. The first time I shipped my car from NJ to CA, my Lexus ES 350 at that time was a brand new car, bought for a couple of month, fully loaded wit... [ More ]
    Poster:Lexus Owner
    Date:12/29/2014 6:44:00 PM
    Subject: Brand new car will never be the same again!
    Review:I decided to go with DAS after a good amount of research and quotes from various shippers for one reason: A bigger company that has been around for 60 years should be able to ship a car no issues. DAS was the most expensive of the quotes, however, I ... [ More ]
    Poster:James M
    Date:12/26/2014 4:35:00 PM
    Subject: Damaged car, denied claim. DAS is dishonest
    Review:Had a terrible experience with this company. DAS is a bunch of crooks as far as I can tell. I paid 1200 to ship my car from Chicago to Boise. They damaged the car. I had scratches on my wheel well that will cost me $500 to fix. They delivered my car... [ More ]
    Poster:Erik G
    Date:12/3/2014 4:08:00 PM
    Subject: Excellent
    Review:I shipped a car to my son in the Air Force. Everything went exactly as described by DAS. I paid extra for top of carrier and to pick-up in my town. If you delete these two options, the cost would have been around $1150 for coast to coast. This was an... [ More ]
    Poster:Marty W
    Date:11/24/2014 7:34:00 PM
    Subject: Bully Drivers
    Review:Once DAS has your money, you are at their disposal as to the individuals used for transport and THEY WILL LEAVE YOU WAITING ALL DAY AND NOT EVEN CALL TO UPDATE YOU ON STATUS. I requested a new driver after he hung up on me but was told he was the on... [ More ]
    Poster:Shirley Powell
    Date:11/13/2014 9:23:00 AM
    Subject: DAS cares little about customer service
    Review:I dropped my car at the drop off point a week early to avoid my car being delayed. It sat on the lot for 5 days before I noticed no updates on the move. I called DAS and they said that it hadn't even been put into the system! Be aware that their pol... [ More ]
    Poster:Brent
    Date:11/12/2014 2:00:00 AM
    Subject: Terrible Communication/Very Late
    Review:Vehicle was 10 days late. Automated system tracking of DAS consists of seeing/hearing that your vehicle is "in transit" or "late". No customer service after 6pm weekdays and none on weekends. Even calling during business hours, ... [ More ]
    Poster:Terry
    Date:11/11/2014 11:09:00 AM
    Subject: Excellent Experience
    Review:I bought a truck sight unseen in Oregon and had it shipped to Alabama. DAS was the only company I could find that actually uses their own trucks, everyone else in this business is a broker which seems shady to me. I was quoted a delivery date of 10/3... [ More ]
    Poster:Derrick
    Date:10/28/2014 9:56:00 AM
    Subject: Theft
    Review:My vehicle was picked up on 9/17/14 and was to be delivered on 10/6/14 at my new location. Well it is 10/8/14 and after several phone calls they are telling me that the earliest my vehicle will be here is 10/14/14. I do not believe them however. I wa... [ More ]
    Poster:David Lebo
    Date:10/8/2014 4:29:00 PM
    Subject: Worst Service and Communication EVER
    Review:I bought the truck sight unseen. The seller said he had dealt with DAS before and said he could drop it off on the weekend to their terminal. That wound-up costing me an extra $90 because they had to "Call-in" a driver to put the truck in ... [ More ]
    Poster:Eric
    Date:9/30/2014 1:53:00 PM
    Subject: car never picked up; very misleading statements about timeframe
    Review:When we had given the order, the sales rep had told us that we had to specify a window of about 10 days for pickup. We had very specifically specified the day it would have to picked up *at the latest*, and he based the timeframe on that. When I call... [ More ]
    Poster:Steffen G.
    Date:9/21/2014 10:17:00 PM
    Subject: Horrible Company
    Review:I can't believe this company is still in business after reading all these reviews and after the issues I dealt with. I had two cars delivered from Ohio To Kansas, cars were delivered on time but they looked like they were sitting for 5 years in a bar... [ More ]
    Poster:Brian C
    Date:9/16/2014 8:48:00 PM
    Subject: Not so dependable
    Review:Dependable Auto Shippers transported our vehicle from MO to CA and it was ten days late. The delivery date changed four times. Due to the delivery date changes we never picked up a rental car. However, they only offered us $100 for the delay and no r... [ More ]
    Poster:Adam
    Date:8/26/2014 3:23:00 PM
    Subject: NC to TX
    Review:I shipped one car from NC to TX and everything went smoothly. Pickup was on-time, delivery was earlier than predicted and customer service was excellent. There was no damage to my vehicle. Overall it was an excellent experience and I would use DAS... [ More ]
    Poster:Stephen
    Date:8/25/2014 9:40:00 PM
    Subject: Poor Follow Through
    Review:I had a very poor experience with Dependable Auto Shippers. I had used them a few years back to transport a car from coast to coast and was satisfied with their service then, but this experience was exceptionally poor. The original quoted price f... [ More ]
    Poster:Kevin
    Date:8/14/2014 5:48:00 PM
    Subject: Third Time Using DAS
    Review:My daughter booked the shipping of her car as part of a military move 1 month before flying out with an auto broker. The auto shipper broker guaranteed pick/up and shipping during a 5 day window and her vehicle was ready and available. During the s... [ More ]
    Poster:Linda
    Date:8/12/2014 2:16:00 PM
    Subject: DAS is good afterall
    Review:Wow, The car dealer recommended DAS and then after they picked up the car I went to this website and got scared. Then I realized with only 3-4 reviews per month and they probably ship 50+ cars a month...the only reviews are from unhappy customers. ... [ More ]
    Poster:James Beavan
    Date:7/31/2014 1:10:00 PM
    Subject: Very Late
    Review:It took 31 days to receive my vehicle. When I asked for a compesation review, they offered me $75 and told me that is all they would give me. When I asked to escalate this to higher management, they emailed back and said after further review that i... [ More ]
    Poster:Jim Zimmerman
    Date:7/18/2014 1:37:00 PM
    Subject: Late and Damaged
    Review:Company is hit or miss. Shipped two vehicles from California to Washington State. First vehicle, no problem. Second vehicle arrived 16 days late with $3000 damage due to a smashed back end. Customer service involves multiple transfers between cus... [ More ]
    Poster:R. Davis
    Date:7/18/2014 12:16:00 PM
    Subject: Delivered Damaged
    Review:Car was delivered to pick up point. Vehicle was delivered within the 2 week time frame however the car was delivered at night with damage. Damage was not noticed until the next day. Since it was the weekend, I was not able to contact DAS until the... [ More ]
    Poster:A Jose
    Date:7/16/2014 10:34:00 PM
    Subject: Damaged to Car
    Review:Car was shipped from south Florida to southern New England and delivered with a cracked oil pan which would have been very difficult to detect unless car was allowed to sit for several hours to allow oil flow out of protective plate under the oil pa... [ More ]
    Poster:G. Haines
    Date:7/13/2014 2:22:00 PM
    Subject: DAS = Farce and you should Avoid !!!!!!
    Review:DAS is such a disappointment. Absolutely no customer service. They operate on their own schedule. Screw the customer. Sales job then it's up to you to find out where your cars are. Totally unreliable. Horrible. Stay away !!!! [ View ]
    Poster:Unhappy Customer
    Date:7/8/2014 5:52:00 PM
    Subject: Avoid DAS at all cost!!!
    Review:This is actually my 2nd nightmare with DAS. I used them 6 years ago transporting my brand new Lexus ES 350 from NJ to CA, they totally ruined my car by dripping some kind of chemical substance all over my car which appeared to be bird poops at the t... [ More ]
    Poster:Ying
    Date:6/27/2014 10:32:00 PM
    Subject: Great Experience Overall
    Review:We have moved several fleet vehicles over the years from various parts of the country and always receive prompt, efficient service from DAS. The vehicles have all arrived in the condition they were picked up in. Our latest one arrived last week in on... [ More ]
    Poster:PC
    Date:6/25/2014 11:41:00 AM
    Subject: Would not cover all damages
    Review:Very poor. It took 3+ weeks to ship my car from Ohio to California. When the car was finally delivered, there were dings on the roof which look like hail and scratches on several different areas of the car. Some of them look they they may have been c... [ More ]
    Poster:Marko
    Date:6/24/2014 12:59:00 PM
    Subject: WARNING!!!!!
    Review:DAS essentially baits with delivery times, then explains there are "delays" and sends you the fine print. The DAS locator website is a sham. You sign on and get a message "In Transit." No idea where your car is. They kept... [ More ]
    Poster:Les Whitbeck
    Date:6/23/2014 7:40:00 PM
    Subject: TWO vehicles still in transit
    Review:Very nice up front, then they literally disappear. My 2014 Infiniti sat on a lot (in a rough area of town) for 10 days before the truck came to pick up; the latest update is it is sitting in a lot in Georgia since June 12th. I cannot get an answer ... [ More ]
    Poster:Samantha
    Date:6/23/2014 6:53:00 PM
    Subject: at least some of you got your car..I haven't yet...JULY update
    Review:Original pick up date 5-28-2014 After one month my car still sits outside in some dirt field in Georgia. I bet Cletus and Bubba are having a good time at the local dirt tracks with my car as it is very powerful! No commitment to anything from these ... [ More ]
    Poster:T. Salvesen
    Date:6/22/2014 3:38:00 PM
    Subject: Use anyone else!
    Review:We decided to go with Dependable Auto Shippers after two co-workers recommended them. Both of the co-workers used DAS over two years ago. I called their toll-free number and was connected to Stephen Linders. He told me that I should schedule with t... [ More ]
    Poster:PaintedCanvas1975
    Date:6/16/2014 9:27:00 PM
    Subject: auto transported.
    Review:Well after 25 yrs of shipping cars across this land called america this is the worst company i have ever delt with.Danger Danger Danger.If you can find anyone i suggest doing so .All they do is hold you up ,get there money ship from terminal to termi... [ More ]
    Poster:J.L.Rodda
    Date:6/15/2014 6:56:00 PM
    Subject: Integrity issues
    Review:There is one reason for this rating. We DID NOT contract with Dependable Auto Shippers. The company we contracted with, Door to Door Transport of Coconut Creek, Florida, hired DAS. However, what Door to Door did was give DAS our credit card informati... [ More ]
    Poster:Mary Meier
    Date:6/13/2014 8:30:00 PM
    Subject: Worst Service Ever
    Review:I have never been lied to by so much by one company in my life! They're so helpful the first day until they pick up the car then it's all down hill from there, they told me it would take one week to get the car I had sold to a customer that was movin... [ More ]
    Poster:Thomas Moore
    Date:6/10/2014 4:33:00 PM
    Subject: Nightmare !
    Review:Do your self a favor, avoid DAS ! I wouldn't allow them to ship my car for free after the 30 plus day nightmare . they picked up my car in Michigan and hauled it to Texas, I live in Kansas . finally after several weeks of lies , I hired Natio... [ More ]
    Poster:Danny
    Date:6/4/2014 5:11:00 PM
    Subject: Disaster of a company
    Review:My car was supposed to be shipped from Utah to SC. We were told they would have my car delivered to the destination within 2 weeks. Over 3 weeks went by, and during that time we were calling and looking online to find out where it was and when it wo... [ More ]
    Poster:Kaitlyn